Community MetaSteam | April 2024 - Definitely there's no rest for the wicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
lashman Lol, never. Though to be fair to kio it fell to the ground maybe 2-3 times while plugged.
Because life I happen.

• Doubt
Reactions: lashman

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
I have a wireless Xbox One controller, never had it disconnect. But, yeah it's a pain when the batteries die.

• This!
Reactions: kio

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Things to do. Buy an usb hub and a fucking power cable extension for my case.
It’s 14:00. It should be done by sometimes next year.

• Toucan
Reactions: Stevey

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I am still using the first generation Xbox one controllers for the past 7 years... To be fair I always used it wired because no battery is needed.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I bought an 8bitDo Ultimate Wireless that comes with a Charging Dock included a year ago after my Steam Controller broke (RIP :cryblob:) and have had 0 issues and it's very convenient. Had 0 issues with my Steam Controller too, wireless or wired other than having to change batteries every now and then.

Reactions: Durante

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Dragon's Dogma 2 is quite flawed but very fun, much like the first game.
I've somehow played it 60 hours in a bit over two weeks. It feels like a janky eastern European RPG (and I mean that in an endearing way) but with good combat. While there are plenty of flaws, if it simply had more stuff (more monsters, locales and more interesting loot) then it would be a top notch game. Regardless, it's probably the 2nd best game I've played this year behind FF7 Rebirth.

Reactions: Alexandros

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Hah, it’s something I hate on PC compared to consoles. The fucking controller.
On console there is a controller, and it works. Yeah, crazy.
On PC it will work. Probably. Or maybe the bluetooth won’t. Did you try another usb port, by the way ? Oh, check windows power management settings. No, really, it should work. Most of the time.

I have a problem with my xbox controller. It disconnects. 56 euros for a new one. Or maybe it’s just the cable. Wireless ? Jeez, it takes forever to recharge and to see the battery level you have to jump through hoops.
Trying another usb cable these days, a 3 meters one for TV gaming. Nice having 3 meters of shit in my legs.
Use it wired, don't use bluetooth or use the Microsoft dongle.
Works fine on my end both wired and wireless.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Use it wired, don't use bluetooth or use the Microsoft dongle.
Works fine on my end both wired and wireless.
II use it wired. It disconnects while wired.

Eila

Jan 21, 2019
I bought 1 controller my entire life and all these years later it still works :shrugblob:
Either I'm extremely lucky with my hardware or you're beating yours with hammers if they need so much replacement and tinkering
For PC I have gone 360 > Xbone where the USB port burned somehow and now doesn't turn on > Xbone but the sticks have peeled
I also got a PS5 controller to emulate the zelda games (lol). I just don't like it as much as the Xbone controller, so I'm sticking with it.
Oh yeah, I also got a Steam Controller which I only used a couple times. Should still work.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Rockstar has pretty much ported everything to PC over time.

I don't see why RDR1 doesn't get ported as well.

It may not be this August since last years version was the PS4/Switch version lol.

So they still have current gen consoles to release it on and ofc Rockstar Social Club + EGS garbage exclusivity could cause Steam version to not release until next August.

But its gonna happen. I don't see a reason why it wouldn't. In the past people said they lost the code to the game or it was dev hell or some other bs excuse...but it was clearly not true as the game exists just fine with last years ports. Maybe they'll even put in some good effort for a nice pc port after all these years. If GTA6 gets delayed that could be an important title to push in the meantime. They'll do a bundle with RDR2 n everything most likely.

• This!
Reactions: lashman and Cacher

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Been trying a few PS3 games I've been wanting to replay on the Steam Deck.
Not bothering with stuff that obviously won't run of course.
Heavenly Sword seems to run perfectly (except for that crazy intro segment) but unfortunately it crashes a lot. Not a problem with the Deck, apparently RPCS3 compatibility still needs work.
Ar No Surge seems to run perfectly, feels like a native game.
Still bummed that Puppeteer runs poorly.

Reactions: Cacher

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
I doubt that KH is coming to Steam anytime soon. I doubt that there was some kind of special deal for it (if there wasn't one for FFVII Remake I really doubt that there was one for KH) so Square simply can't be bothered to put it on Steam.
Feels like square just can't be arsed to get permission to do it from Disney because that would take effort.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
This should be interesting:

CodeMiko (Twitch vtuber) is making a community based game for vtubers and their viewers.

Reactions: Nabs

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I read about how the players managed to wipe an enemy faction in Helldivers 2 today and the grand story progresses gradually... Damn that sounds fun. I may need to look into this game

• Comfy
Reactions: lashman

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Sure is kind of mistake and will be solved but Dragon Ball Sparking Zero got delisted on all regions of Xbox store.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Hopefully those things don’t suddenly turn out to be something that make people sick.
They work by reducing how often you feel the need to eat, so it's purely behavioural from what I understand. The "issue" is that this effect is also tied to taking the drugs, so if you stop taking them and don't fundamentally change your diet, you will just go back gaining weight.

• Eyes
Reactions: Le Pertti

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Finishing up MGS2 and just did the naked Raiden Arsenal gear section.

Don't care what anyone says....it will always be the greatest sequence in video game history. The writing and story telling between Raiden, Rosemary and Campbell leading up to all of this was so funny.

Now just have the Metal Gear fight and Solidus which is pretty tough on hard difficulty with only 3 rations. Tho the extreme difficulty will be even harder from what I remember.

Also......"No more questions.... We have rosemary" will always make me laugh lol. sogood.jpeg

I will say playing through this classic as an older gamer now kinda makes me realize a few things about this game.

1st - It makes sense the simulation goes to shit when you are on Arsenal Gear and you are underwater. That is something i never realized as a little kid and teenager when I played this.

2nd - I couldn't help but think of PHYSINT while playing this. I really hope Kojima isn't making this new stealth action game for the sake of making it. I really hope he has some clever ideas and goes all out. Don't hold anything back. Because MGs2 is such a creative title. Its like the game is segmented into creative game design across dozens of sections. It really is one of the greatest games ever made. And it elevated Kojima into goat category as a game director.

3rd - And I've stated this before with MGS1...but damn does this play so fucking good on the Deck. The audio and everything is exceptional. These early days PS2 titles are chefs kisses on a handheld.

Reactions: Cacher

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Been playing Stardew Valley 1.6 recently. Completed the first year (about 25-30 hours) and so far it is as great as ever. The one thing I love about these updates is that they never feel shoe-horned in. If I was playing for the first time I probably couldn't tell you what was new and what has only just been added.

Somethings never change. It always ends up being Abigail as my partner then wife. I always mourn that Robin isn't romanceable. And I always lose the hours playing this game.

On a seperate not, the FFXVI crossover event is live in FFXIV. Lasts to the 8th of May. Worth it for the Torgal mount and minion. Plus the glam is pretty cool (would have preferred Jill's but understandable why they chose Clives). The story is pretty Spoilery, especially considering they haven't released 16 on PC yet. But as I understand it these are all very early game spoilers.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Is Trulicity one of those new magical GPL-1 drugs ?
I saw a topic on ERA about those and they seem promising, but if Trulicity is one of them, I already have it. And yeah, a pain to get for the last few months.

Reactions: thekeats1999

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
Is Trulicity one of those new magical GPL-1 drugs ?
I saw a topic on ERA about those and they seem promising, but if Trulicity is one of them, I already have it. And yeah, a pain to get for the last few months.
Yes, Trulicity is a GPL-1 drug. I took it for over a year and went from 295 to 268 in weight and my A1C went from a 7.2 to a 6.1. I just started on Mounjaro last month.

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I'm playing Horizon FW right now, and it's really nice that they finally added side quests with actual story content. So much in the first game was just "bring me this" or "go kill that monster", with barely any writing or characters around it. There's still plenty of simple "errands" as the game calls them, but anything called a side quest has actually a lot of unique interesting written content around. Now, would these compare with something like Fallout New Vegas? Hell, no. It's very much just "baby's first quests in an RPG". But I guess it's nice that AAA console RPGs are starting to catch up to Fallout. As in, the first one.

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
But I guess it's nice that AAA console RPGs are starting to catch up to Fallout. As in, the first one.
I'd say the third one would be more accurate, although it wouldn't make for such a cool zinger I admit xD

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
Status
Not open for further replies.