Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
It'll be timed exclusive lol. Sony must have paid SE for FF7R.
Yeah, that much is as clear as day. It's really funny, I remember Sony insisting a few years ago that they don't consider PC/Steam as direct competition for them, but clearly that changed if they're willing to moneyhat games such FF7R to be full timed exclusives, and not just console exclusives. I'm willing to bet that the huge increase in Japanese games releases on Steam has coincided with a decrease on their sales on PS4, however small that decrease may be.

Reactions: MJunioR

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Question:
So, I bought the HITMAN 1 game a few years back. The full game, not the GOTY, so I do not have access to Patient Zero.

If I was interested in aquiring ALL Hitman content for HITMAN 1 and 2, what do I need to purchase?
The GOTY package for 1 together with whatever the full package of 2 is called?
Or just the full package for 2?
What are the "legacy" packs for 2?

If you actually got all the content, is there any reason to launch HITMAN 1 instead of 2?

Why do they make buying these games so needlessly complicated?

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Yeah, that much is as clear as day. It's really funny, I remember Sony insisting a few years ago that they don't consider PC/Steam as direct competition for them, but clearly that changed if they're willing to moneyhat games such FF7R to be full timed exclusives, and not just console exclusives. I'm willing to bet that the huge increase in Japanese games releases on Steam has coincided with a decrease on their sales on PS4, however small that decrease may be.
If there is a reason for the decrease in PS4 JRPG sales, it must be because of censorship. Omega Labyrinth Switch (no censorship) sales is much higher than PS4 (with censorship).

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
If there is a reason for the decrease in PS4 JRPG sales, it must be because of censorship. Omega Labyrinth Switch (no censorship) sales is much higher than PS4 (with censorship).
Yeah that also must not have helped sales for some of these games on the PS4. Their loss though, anything that encourages bigger adoption of Steam by Japanese companies is fine by me :D

Reactions: PC-tan and MJunioR

Deleted member 113

Question:
So, I bought the HITMAN 1 game a few years back. The full game, not the GOTY, so I do not have access to Patient Zero.

If I was interested in aquiring ALL Hitman content for HITMAN 1 and 2, what do I need to purchase?
The GOTY package for 1 together with whatever the full package of 2 is called?
Or just the full package for 2?
What are the "legacy" packs for 2?

If you actually got all the content, is there any reason to launch HITMAN 1 instead of 2?

Why do they make buying these games so needlessly complicated?
If you want everything, you should buy HITMAN 2 - Gold Edition, which includes all Hitman 2 content (game + both Expansion packs, including some future content).

Then, you will need to either purchase the rest of the GOTY content for the first game, which is this package:

Or, you should buy this Legacy Pack Upgrade for the second game (which is for those who own the full HITMAN game, but not the GOTY content)

It's the same thing. Buy whatever is cheaper (usually, it's the first option).
The difference between those Legacy packs, is that the "full" one is for those who don't own HITMAN, the second, is an upgrade option for those who own HITMAN, but not the GOTY content.

When you launch HITMAN 2 for the first time, it will detect you own the first game, and it will automatically download all the maps from the first game, so, you don't need to play the first game.
Play all the story content and locations on HITMAN 2, since the developers made some improvements to the content, and your progress and unlockables will be tracked (you can't pass your stats from 1 to 2).

As for all this complication, it's probably because of the deal IO Interactive made with Square, and 1 & 2 had different publishers.

It's not as complicated as it may sound.
When HITMAN 2 launched, if you already owned the GOTY edition of the first game, the game granted you the GOTY Legacy Pack (so you would have all the content of the first game on 2). If you only had the "full game", and not the GOTY content, the game would grant you all content except the GOTY edition, and you could upgrade by buying the GOTY Legacy Pack upgrade.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Looks like Remnant is a big hit for Gunfire games. The game already has more steam user reviews in first week of release than Darksiders 3 has total since late last year.

When your Souls like game doesn't work....you make another Souls like game.

And then continue making Souls like games. Don't ever stop making them.

Devs now know the secret for success in today's industry.

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
If you want everything, you should buy HITMAN 2 - Gold Edition, which includes all Hitman 2 content (game + both Expansion packs, including some future content).

Then, you will need to either purchase the rest of the GOTY content for the first game, which is this package:

Or, you should buy this Legacy Pack (which is for those who own the full HITMAN game, but not the GOTY content)

It's the same thing. Buy whatever is cheaper (usually, it's the first option).
The difference between those Legacy packs, is that the "full" one is for those who don't own HITMAN, the second, is an upgrade option for those who own HITMAN, but not the GOTY content.

When you launch HITMAN 2 for the first time, it will detect you own the first game, and it will automatically download all the maps from the first game, so, you don't need to play the first game.
Play all the story content and locations on HITMAN 2, since the developers made some improvements to the content, and you progress and unlockables will be tracked (you can't pass this content from 1 to 2).

As for all this complication, it's probably because of the deal IO Interactive made with Square, and 1 & 2 had different publishers.

It's not as complicated as it may sound.
When HITMAN 2 launched, if you already owned the GOTY edition of the first game, the game granted you the GOTY Legacy Pack (so you would have all the content of the first game on 2). If you only had the "full game", and not the GOTY content, the game would grant you all content except the GOTY edition, and you could upgrade by buying the GOTY Legacy Pack upgrade.

I remember trying to figure this too out a couple of months ago. fun times :blobweary:

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Does anyone know what game I would be talking about that looks sort of like
But it's got like a singular person who scavenges stuff from buildings/cars and it has zombies(?) I don't think it has a steam page yet or if it does I have no idea what it's called (It isn't project zomboid as it's something newer)
I may have saw it here or somewhere else but I can't remember it at all and it's annoying me

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
EDIT: Regarding Hitman...
Exactly. It sounds very complicated.
The GOTY content for 1 costs me €18.38.
The legacy pack upgrade for 2 costs me €9.99 assuming I don't have to buy the "Full pack".
The Gold edition of 2 costs a whopping €89.99!
The standard edition €59.99. What's missing between standard and gold?
There's a silver edition mentioned that doesn't seem to be purchaseable?
And there's a free starter pack but also a Santa Fortuna edition?

Eeeehhhh... Well thanks for attempting to clarify it for me...

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Just reached about 30 min into LiS 2 Episode 4

and gotta say

I love Cassidy, a damn cool, awesome and fine woman. I hope I get to see more of her before LiS2 is over

Reactions: lashman

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
The legacy pack upgrade for 2 costs me €9.99 assuming I don't have to buy the "Full pack".
There's a silver edition mentioned that doesn't seem to be purchaseable?

If you're gonna buy Hitman 2 get it from CD Keys, the Gold Edition is usually around $25 to $30 there.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
I've been replaying Max Payne 3 for the third (?) time...

I really appreciate hearing thugs speaking Portuguese as it makes the experience way more authentic... but there's something I've recently noticed that bothers me quite a bit... not only in video games but also in movies and TV shows.

How come every time a "foreigner" speaks English, regardless of how thick their accent is or how educated they are, their syntax is flawless and they have a pretty sophisticated vocabulary? How come I've never heard a single false friend? Where are the grammatical errors? Why don't they ever stop to search for words?

I can't really find and exception to this rule... maybe except for movies that explicitly focus on other cultures / travelling / etc? I don't know...

Scriptwriters should ask non-native speakers to rewrite their dialogue...

I guess that Tarantino kind of made fun of this in Django, with American characters constantly asking the German character to "speak English" because his level of proficiency far surpassed their own.
I don't know if this was what Tarantino was going for or if he just thought it'd be funny.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
completely random map in Civ 6. Didn't even noticed it until several turns ago.

Is that really from the random map generation or a feature of the base game (+expansions) or the YNAMP mod?
never saw a map that resembled anything in my 300+ hours into Civ 6

Deleted member 113

There's a silver edition mentioned that doesn't seem to be purchaseavle?

THE GOTY content for 1 is frequently on sale, even outside of Steam, so it may be cheaper to get the content for 1 (of the actual GOTY Edition of the game), than to buy that Legacy Pack upgrade, depending on the occasion.

The Gold Edition is indeed expensive. It was also on sale recently, so you may want to buy it on a future sale. You can always get Hitman 2, and later on, purchase the Expansion Pass. It grants you Expansion Packs 1 and 2 (you would only be missing some exclusive in-game items, that you can currently only get with the Gold Edition).

The Silver Edition is no longer for sale, and it was a version that had the game + Expansion Pack 1. There's an upgrade option from Silver to Gold, which is essentially an option to buy Expansion Pack 2, for those who bought that version.

As for the rest, the Steam page page explains what they are.
The Santa Fortuna Edition is a not a different edition of the game. It's a pack that includes only the first 2 chapters of the game. The Full game includes these chapters, and the rest (if you buy the Santa Fortuna Edition, you can always upgrade later).

As for the free starter pack, this allows you to play the intro mission of HITMAN 2 for free.
And, since you own the first HITMAN, if you download the starter pack, it will allow you to play the HITMAN content on HITMAN 2, and the intro mission of the later.

This may seem a bit complicated, but understand this: essentially, all locations are DLCs. The full game has all locations (except those that are part of the Expansion Passes; only one is these is out). The Santa Fortuna Edition has some, but not all locations (but you can always buy the rest later).

If I may make a suggestion: download the free HITMAN 2 starter pack, and start the game.
If you do so, it will add HITMAN 2 to your library (it's no different from the full game, except you're missing some of the locations), and you will then be able to play the first location/intro mission from HITMAN 2, and you can play all the HITMAN content (except the GOTY content, which you don't own), with improvements. If you want, you can even purchase that Legacy Upgrade DLC, and get the GOTY content of the first game as well.

After playing through the HITMAN locations, you can always purchase HITMAN 2, in it's normal or gold editions, and play the rest of the content.
The content you already own, without paying any further cent, should last you quite some time, if you replay missions, play side-content, unlock challenges, ...

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I know I'm in the minority but I like how the Playstation V devkit looks like.
I just doubt at this early stage that Sony would invest in a complex expensive design for dev kits. It's gonna look like a boring PC case. Patents don't really mean much, Sony (or was it Microsoft) also holds a patent for literal advert breaks within games, yet I don't know of any of their titles that uses it.

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
finished Darksiders 3 and and that was about as average as you can get. better than 2 but not as good as 1

Deleted member 113

Thanks for taking the time to write all this up! I really appreciate it.

Do you keep your progress from Hitman 1 when you play the locations in 2? Mastery, challenges etc?
Yes. :)

That's why I mentioned that you should play the content of Hitman 1 in Hitman 2.

Besides some improvements done to the gameplay (including enemy A.I., working mirrors, ...), the items/costumes/... you unlock on the locations of the first game can be used in all maps/locations.

When you download Hitman 2, even on its free variant, you have 3 campaigns listed: the one from the first game, the one from the second game, and the Patient Zero campaign (from the Hitman 1 GOTY Edition).
All these share stats, and unlocks, if you play them on 2, since they are inside the same game.

And, the Elusive Targets they keep doing, basically now only happen on Hitman 2 (even repeats of older ones, which are on locations of the first game).
They keep adding content and doing improvements to the locations of the first game, but you need to play them on Hitman 2.

Hitman 2 is supposed to be, in fact, a 2nd season of the same game.
Instead of calling it Hitman 2, they should have called it something else, since 2 continues directly after 1. If you own 1 and 2, when you finish the last location of 1, the next level is the first location of 2.

They clearly had to make it a "new game", because of their deal with Square Enix, but this confused some people.

Reactions: RionaaM

FunnyJay