Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
If I buy a game that comes with free DLC that's like time limited or something and I refund the main game, is the DLC still attached to my account?

If I buy the game again years later will the DLC pop back up in my account?
I don't think so. Steam will remove the whole package that was added to your account when you made the purchase, this includes the game any extra content it may have.

However, Steam will warn you of what contents will be removed from your library once you start making your refund request so you might check that in order to confirm if it will be removed or not.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Ya, we've reached that phase in the console lifecycle where games don't only run like crap like usual (which I consider to be everything below 60fps) but become close to unplayable when stuff happens. It's not quite as bad as last gen when we also had to deal with sub720p res in addition to sub 20fps in some instances (which according to GAF was just fine, why complain) but yea, it's going downhill fast. Even the once quite snappy PS4 OS has somehow gotten slower and they didn't even add any big features. Not saying it's on purpose but the old shit being extraslow will come in handy for the 'omg PS5X2 is soooo smoooth' party. But sure, consoles hold up just great for 7 years while PCs degrade over night....

I hope they at least try to improve PSN or something because I think that's one of the PS4s weakest points. Mainly the store since not only is it really slow and very unresponsive (but I don't think Sony will do much since the PS3 PSN store was very slow and they basically left it like that, the Vita PSN store also had issues but they left it like that, sort of I think in the end they did add some stuff for the Vita PSN store but that's was maybe just 6 months ago). If we are lucky they will focus less on promoting AAA games and give us choice? Because I don't play FIFA and would rather not be shown that or Madden in my store page feed.

What is funny is I remember some time ago seeing a PSN video about how some people were working on new features and ideas on PSN to make it the best possible experience (or something like that) and how they have a lot of talented people (which I'm sure that they do) pitching ideas and all of that.

I really hope that all of that was for the PS5 PSN store seeing how the PS4 PSN store is not that great (well at least they did change some stuff with the online webstore, speaking of which remember back in 2015 when Nintendo did not allow you to buy digital games from their online website?)

I actually want to find the video in question but I'm not sure where to look. Basically it was a recruitment video of sorts to work at SEA (before they changed it to SIE). Maybe I saw it through a PlayStation tweet or something. Also there has been another video that I have been looking for and it's a Dragon Quest Builders video where it was promoted as a competitive game and this young boy is playing on his Vita later enter a competitive and wins with his team mates, the issue that I have with that video is that DQB is not like that and doesn't even have a multiplayer mode like that in that game (I think DQB2 does but DQB1 does not)

Bloodborne, a system seller, an exclusive so hypothetically is very optimized to PS4, yet it runs like shite. And people seems to ignore it's performance due to it being an exclusive.

Ya this seem to be an on going thing, I guess if it's multiplatform and has issues people complain but if it's exclusive, some might complain but most will just ignore the issues. I am bothered by the issues in FE 3H, it's a fun game but those performance issue are very noticeable and do affect my enjoyment of the game at times. That is not to say that you still can't like the game. I played Xenoblade Chronicles on the NN3DSXL and boy did it look horrible, I regreted buying the game and then when I decided to go back and give it another try I was eventually able to get use to it. So yes we can adapt to it but I do feel that sometimes people brush that stuff off to too easily.

By the way Sony got the marketing rights to the game on consoles and funny enough the base PS4 runs the worst of the lot, in Sony's defense they did not their job and I guess people thought the game was a PS4 exclusive on consoles (aka some people didn't even know that it was coming to Xbox One. To add to this some retailers even ordered a vast majority of their supplies of this game as the PS4 version instead of the Xbox One version, that might lead to a lot of unsold copies?? If the game does not get patched properly?). In the end at least for me most of the promos that I saw for this game was actually for the PC version and not the PS4 version at all. All those Nvidia RTX videos

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

fireflame

Aug 26, 2019

Be sure to add the $2 indie games to your list if you don't need 5 games.
Oh right thanks I just saw thedeal.Recommending Get Even to anyone looking for a horror/psychological game in first person view, with strong atmosphere and awesome story.

Deleted member 113

Speaking of this Bandai sale, and New Gundam Breaker, isn't there any way to get the free DLC that was previously available (New Gundam Breaker Special Mission: Her Name is Super Fumina)?

thanks

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
I don't think so. Steam will remove the whole package that was added to your account when you made the purchase, this includes the game any extra content it may have.

However, Steam will warn you of what contents will be removed from your library once you start making your refund request so you might check that in order to confirm if it will be removed or not.
What I meant about the free DLC is that you have to add it to your account manually (kind of like how KT does it). Does that make a difference?

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Ya this seem to be an on going thing, I guess if it's multiplatform and has issues people complain but if it's exclusive, some might complain but most will just ignore the issues. I am bothered by the issues in FE 3H, it's a fun game but those performance issue are very noticeable and do affect my enjoyment of the game at times. That is not to say that you still can't like the game. I played Xenoblade Chronicles on the NN3DSXL and boy did it look horrible, I regreted buying the game and then when I decided to go back and give it another try I was eventually able to get use to it. So yes we can adapt to it but I do feel that sometimes people brush that stuff off to too easily.
Xenoblade 3DS is a downgrade from Xenoblade Wii. if you haven't, try playing both Xenoblade 1 and X on emulators, it's the best way to play.

Reactions: beep boop

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I've played through the prologue of Darkwood and that was extremely atmospheric and intriguing. Wonder how I'll like the survival mechanics and stuff going forward, but for now I'm already sold. I really want to explore and learn more about what the hell this place is and what is/was going on.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
What I meant about the free DLC is that you have to add it to your account manually (kind of like how KT does it). Does that make a difference?
Just checked that with A Hat in Time that has a DLC that went free on its launch day and Steam doesn't list as a product that will be removed from my account. I also checked with SFV that has the story mode as a free DLC and it won't be removed either.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

SEGA raised the price of Total War: THREE KINGDOMS in a bunch of regions. I get Argentina because of the falling currency but some of the others?

Reactions: MJunioR

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

SEGA raised the price of Total War: THREE KINGDOMS in a bunch of regions. I get Argentina because of the falling currency but some of the others?
They raised prices for all Total Wars (or almost a bunch of them) and their DLCs, really disliked that.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Anyone playthrough the season pass content for NNKII?

Is it any good? Necessary or no?

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I'm still reeling from the yakuza announcement late last night. Turn based combat is probably the worst possible change that could have happened to the series. I would have been ok if it was a featured minigame mode like clan creator or the hostess clubs but the entire game? No way.

It's not even that turn based is that bad but I can't stand how japanese RPGs do turn based. There's never any depth or difficulty to it you just find the enemy weakness and spam the ability or spell while having one member as a backup for healing if needed. It's brain dead and boring. TB can be fun when it's something like xcom or the divinity OS games but I've never played a jrpg that had good TB combat (I'm not counting actual strategy games like fire emblem/FF tactics)

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'm still reeling from the yakuza announcement late last night. Turn based combat is probably the worst possible change that could have happened to the series. I would have been ok if it was a featured minigame mode like clan creator or the hostess clubs but the entire game? No way.

It's not even that turn based is that bad but I can't stand how japanese RPGs do turn based. There's never any depth or difficulty to it you just find the enemy weakness and spam the ability or spell while having one member as a backup for healing if needed. It's brain dead and boring. TB can be fun when it's something like xcom or the divinity OS games but I've never played a jrpg that had good TB combat (I'm not counting actual strategy games like fire emblem/FF tactics)
Thats my worry as well. The screenshots remind me of Persona and thats a bad thing for me. I just played 20 hours of it and i still want them back.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I'm still reeling from the yakuza announcement late last night. Turn based combat is probably the worst possible change that could have happened to the series.
How about 'liberate those towers in Kamurocho to unlock further activities on the district map'?
Or 'we felt it necessary to add crafting to our game. We are proud to announce rare materials will run on a gacha system, with tickets being available for $1.99 on PSN'

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
How about 'liberate those towers in Kamurocho to unlock further activities on the district map'?
Or 'we felt it necessary to add crafting to our game. We are proud to announce rare materials will run on a gacha system, with tickets being available for $1.99 on PSN'
Guess I should have said most realistic change. I don't see any of those things happening. Granted I guess I didn't really think a full TB game was happening either.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Speaking of this Bandai sale, and New Gundam Breaker, isn't there any way to get the free DLC that was previously available (New Gundam Breaker Special Mission: Her Name is Super Fumina)?

thanks
Don't think so, at least not legally / officially.

How demanding is Yakuza zero? Will it run nicely on my bootcamp:ed MacBook Pro? It has a radon pro 560.
Not demanding at all. It ran great on my old 2200G. I dunno how bootcamp will affect it tho.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Damn, what should I complete my bundle with in SAO games?
I take Fatal Bullet, NNK2, but after that, I dunno.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Humble prices are shite here, some games cost more on sale than they're on Steam without it, same thing with GMG.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Oh wow, that Bandai Namco bundle thing is good. I've been on a fighting game kick lately so I was already tempted when I saw I could get Soulcalibur VI and Tekken 7 for like 30 bucks. Then I realized you could actually decrease the total price by adding cheap games to max out the discount and well, now I own way too many fighting games when I should really just focus on trying to get good at Street Fighter V lol.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Oh and I guess Yakuza finally dropped all pretense and is going full JRPG now? I'm admittedly in a weird position where I just got into the series a year ago and still have like 4 games to play but I can't say this change bothers me at all. I'm game to try something new and keeping the brawler combat would be kinda redundant now that they have Judgment as a sister series. If RGG Studio can make games good enough that I play 3 of them (for almost 100 hours each) in less than a year and not feel any burnout whatsoever then I'm honestly willing to trust them blindly with any design decision at this point.

If anything, I'm more annoyed by the localization dropping the numeral and changing the subtitle lol. I mean, what's the point?

Reactions: PhaZZe and yuraya

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
WTF did Sega with the regional price of almost all Total War games?
Dropped it completely. Today they 'adjusted' the two TW Warhammer games and with that all TW have dropped regional pricing in a bunch of countries.

SEGA's pricing for the latest Two Point Hospital DLC is awful too.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
So I was trying to look up some trading cards yesterday then checked my market history to find out that I actually bought some Darq trading cards from you derExperte ! Thanks I guess, even though one of these cards was pretty steep :LOL:

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
So I was trying to look up some trading cards yesterday then checked my market history to find out that I actually bought some Darq trading cards from you derExperte ! Thanks I guess, even though one of these cards was pretty steep :LOL:
Always happy to part a fool from his money brighten a fellow gamer's day with my fine wares! I was thinking about making a badge myself but that one card being worth a lot made me pause, also didn't think I'd get any use out of the backgrounds or icons.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Currently playing Moss for the first time. What an incredible VR game. Im often in awe at the beautiful environments.

Reactions: Firewithin

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
Always happy to part a fool from his money brighten a fellow gamer's day with my fine wares! I was thinking about making a badge myself but that one card being worth a lot made me pause, also didn't think I'd get any use out of the backgrounds or icons.
Yeah I think it didn't really sink in how much I had to spend to get that Darq badge until later! Oh well, at least them dineros were still circulated within the council and I also got some rare goodies that sell for a nice price from crafting the badge (which reminds me to go and relist since I still haven't managed to shift them) :LOL:

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
I hope you turn based lovers put your money where your mouth is when this thing releases :p

I will when it releases on Steam.

I really don't want to buy any new release on PS4 anymore, it just came to a point where if it's not an first party I don't mind waiting for a PC release.
That's how I feel too. Even with some "supposed" first party games there is still a chance that they release on PC coughcoughdeathstrandingcoughcough

Be sure to add the $2 indie games to your list if you don't need 5 games.
Thanks for that! Insane discounts with that bundle! I guess I know what I'll be doing today :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.