Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Still not finished with Kiwami 2 but once I'm at 6 (assuming Sega ports everything to PC) I think I'd be glad for some change.

Also turn based is a great way to show off all the crazy heat action moves. I played like 80 hours of Yakuza 0 and still missed a lot of them.
Yeah that's the first thing that came to my mind when thinking how can they adapt Yakuza to a turn based combat. Go crazy and give us 10 times the number of heat actions!

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
i need to upgrade the pc for 2077. no way my pc can handle this and dont want to console this :pensive-face:
I'd be in for a new OS, GPU, MB, RAM, HDD (I'd keep my SSD), CPU, possibly other parts. Whew, that's a lot of money, easily $500, if I cut it low end, which.... not a super great bang for buck scenario. Spending $500 just for one $60 game... NOPE.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

PAX landing page. Streams, sales, store pages.
Shiny ! Like looking at a candy store. I want everything :blobdrool:
Indies are incredible !

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
Last edited:

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
“Thank you so much Gearbox for publishing and making this possible [...] now we need YOUR money and we won’t even tell you the platform because 2022 is so far away.

Ok?

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
Finished Batman Enemy Within. Really pleasantly surprised. I liked the previous one, but I wasn't really sure they would be able to stick the landing on what they set up for Enemy Within. They totally did. I think it's up there with TWAU with my favorite stuff TTS did. The choices sometimes weren't as transparent as I'd wanted, but overall the choices presented were consistently very interesting and thought provoking. Good stuff.
Yep, I played it start to finish a few months ago and I agree with your evaluation. I was somewhat skeptical of the direction in which they took the story after the first episode yet also excited by how wild it was. Turns out they knew what they were doing and it was a great experience! Too bad we won't be getting season 3 though. as if Tales of Monkey Island not getting another season wasn't disappointing enough, even if in Batman's case it's a lot sadder because of the circumstances.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Yep, I played it start to finish a few months ago and I agree with your evaluation. I was somewhat skeptical of the direction in which they took the story after the first episode yet also excited by how wild it was. Turns out they knew what they were doing and it was a great experience! Too bad we won't be getting season 3 though. as if Tales of Monkey Island not getting another season wasn't disappointing enough, even if in Batman's case it's a lot sadder because of the circumstances.
Yeah that's a bummer, though with how they wrapped it up I felt like it was a pretty good send-off too. Of course I'd have loved to see them do more, but there was closure at least.

The last TTS game in my library that I haven't yet played is Tales from the Borderlands. Looking forward to that. Read a lot of positive impressions for that one.

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
Yeah that's a bummer, though with how they wrapped it up I felt like it was a pretty good send-off too. Of course I'd have loved to see them do more, but there was closure at least.

The last TTS game in my library that I haven't yet played is Tales from the Borderlands. Looking forward to that. Read a lot of positive impressions for that one.
True. Would've been nice to get more but they did craft a complete story. Even Tales of Monkey Island, which I loved, had a satisfying conclusion except for that teaser at a sequel. I didn't play Telltale games that often but whenever I did I had a great time with them. I only played Walking Dead S01, Monkey Island, and Batman S01-02, so at least I still have most of their catalogue to get through,

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
True. Would've been nice to get more but they did craft a complete story. Even Tales of Monkey Island, which I loved, had a satisfying conclusion except for that teaser at a sequel. I didn't play Telltale games that often but whenever I did I had a great time with them. I only played Walking Dead S01, Monkey Island, and Batman S01-02, so at least I still have most of their catalogue to get through,
I would highly recommend TWAU. It also does that the Batman thing where they place characters you know in unexpected situations and relationships. Very entertaining.

Ashamed to say I haven't played a single Monkey Island game. I'll have go grab those on GOG eventually.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Holy fucking homeworld.

Edit: Kerbal, Cyberpunk, Evil Genius .... FINALLY, I'm getting what I so rightly deserve.

Reactions: MJunioR

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
I would highly recommend TWAU. It also does that the Batman thing where they place characters you know in unexpected situations and relationships. Very entertaining.

Ashamed to say I haven't played a single Monkey Island game. I'll have go grab those on GOG eventually.
Yeah my brother isn't a big fan of Telltale but he swears by TWAU. It's probably the next Telltale game I'll be playing. I know it's based on the Fables comic series which I've always wanted to try but never did since I haven't been reading much recently (I still haven't finished Berserk and I've been reading that for 3 years now :LOL:).

As for Monkey Island, I can't recommend that series enough and I'm sure plenty here will echo my sentiment. If you ever enjoyed a point and click then Monkey Island is a must. The remakes for the first two games are great as they've added voice acting (with the same voice actors they've used for the rest of the series!) and orchestral music. You can also change the graphics on the fly if you prefer the beautiful original pixel art.

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
It seems like Unlucky Seven is EA, which is dealbreaker on story-centric game regardless of its low price.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm guessing that will will be one of those few games that is both on Steam and EGS? Seeing how there are not that many VR (exclusive?) games on (there are some games that feature VR but that are not VR only in nature)

Maybe they will even put it on the Oculus store and all of that.

Today I learned about Steam Hype, and there were some games on there that I might get......
R18+

I am still not 100% sure what the difference between wishlisting a game and following it is. Since there was the 11bit published games that now has over 200k in wishlist but had a lot less followers.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
So I've played Decay of Logos for 90 minutes and I have some first impressions.

Firstly, I honestly don't see how the game is technically flawed and not fun to play. It runs beautifully on my gtx 1060 PC, maxed at 1440p and no crash whatsoever. And judging from the presentation, gameplay, and combat system, it's pretty much a Souls-like.

You use stamina for everything, from running, attacking, and dodging, so stamina management is key just like in Souls. There's light and heavy attack, and you can lock your target and strafe to their side/behind to attack like you always do in Souls. However, the combat is not great, sadly. It's kind of slow like the first DS, and each attack commitment is quite harsh. There's an additional animation at the end of each of your swing, so you can immediately dodge after you commit to an attack. I think it's related to the devs' intended animation direction. It's like The default Witcher 3 movement animation, where there's additional small animation on each movement.

The exploration part is also good. There are secret and off-beaten paths that you can take. In the swamp area in earlier part of the game, for example, there are actually multiple levels to explore with maze-like corridors underground. The game doesn't tell you where to go, it's all up to you. There are npcs that might give you some clue about what's to expect ahead. The game is also mostly silent, with music only running briefly when you discover a new area. Furthermore, I also like how the items you pick up are displayed on your character. You can even see the potions hanging on your belt.

There are still a lot of differences, though. For starter, the artstyle is cartoony (BOTW-like) in here and I love it. RPG elements are not that deep either. There are stats and loot and you can switch your gear, but there is character inventory so you have to swap instead of storing them. To compensate it, you can store item in your deer mount, but it's also limited. Speaking of the deer, it's totally useless so far besides being a portable storage. Moving while mounted is impossible as he's pretty slow and get stress pretty quickly. I imagine there's an unexplained system regarding the deer, like he'll get better after you spend more time with him. Lastly, there's no souls so you only get exp from killing enemies. If you die, you'll get a debuff of stats penalty until you sleep in a camp. It's quite a punishing game.

Overall, the has the potential so I'm gonna keep it. It's not expensive anyway.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018

Follow my curator for more great puzzle game recommendations!

Based on the pen and paper game "30 Rails," Railed is a casual score-attack puzzle game that tasks the player with connecting stations together on a 6x6 grid.

Each game starts with the random placement of 5 mountains, impassable obstacles, it's then up to you to place the 4 stations, one on each side, the mine tile, the bonus tile and finally choose a bonus goal. These include connect 4 stations, make a railway longer than 10 tiles and others. As the animated train passes in the background it stops on a carriage and the colour corresponds to a single row and column on the board allowing you to place the drawn tile on that colour. From there it's up to you to plan routes ahead, connecting as many stations together, connecting as many stations to the mine and running lines through the bonus tile.

Planning ahead is vitally important as you rarely get the right tile when you need it! But there are a few tricks to help you. First, instead of using the drawn tile, you can always pick from one of three additional tiles but at a cost to your overall score and secondly once a colour row/column is full there is a chance that the train will draw silver or gold tiles that can be placed on any open tile and these actually add to your score.

So maximise your score by connecting all the stations to each other, to the mine tile and through the bonus tile and watch yourself fly up the global leaderboard. Railed is a beautifully presented puzzle game that rewards planning ahead and serpentine invention.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I wasnt able to log into my Paypal account a few hours ago and got locked me out of it. I wasnt recieving the 2FA codes to my phone.

Now I was able to log in (got a code) and about an hour later I got like 5 different codes. Is it a bug, a feature, the codes I was supposed to recieve, or someone is trying to fuck me over?
Tried to login again not recieving the codes, something must be up.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Reactions: lashman and Wok

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I think that "density" is the reason why I don't like the look of the models on 3D. But that might also be affected by the bad image quality, I'll judge it properly on PC, with SGSAA on ideally.
Sadly Celceta and Dana are DX11 games and we can't apply SGSSAA. We can apply DSR as an alternative, I suppose.
Astral Chain is great.
I booted the game for an hour before shoving it into the end of my backlog. Awesome music. But I can't dodge to save my life, lol.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I booted the game for an hour before shoving it into the end of my backlog. Awesome music. But I can't dodge to save my life, lol.
I hate action games with precise timing for perfect dodges like that. It's also the reason why I'll never get into modern Falcom games.

Reactions: Kvik

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Astral Chain is great.
Another one for my list of Switch wants!

I love games where you make your own character. :whistle:

Also, big fat "no" to your "buy an iPhone" suggestion lol. The culture bubble around those things is obnoxious af. That and I don't think my stuff would transfer across the walled garden... I'd be especially upset to lose my FGO account. :weary-face:

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
There goes the hope that Atlus realize that there are other platform except Playstation.
I quite dislike Atlus now.

*old man yelling at clouds

Persona 3 was the last game with that touch that made them special, or interesting since I didnt play it. But I did plat 4 and 5, and are just vehicles to sell merchandise. It is quite sad.

Reactions: MJunioR and PC-tan

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
I quite dislike Atlus now.

*old man yelling at clouds

Persona 3 was the last game with that touch that made them special, or interesting since I didnt play it. But I did plat 4 and 5, and are just vehicles to sell merchandise. It is quite sad.
They did milked 4 and 5 really bad.

Although they'll have easier time to get $$$ if they open their eyes and look at other platforms.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
They did milked 4 and 5 really bad.

Although they'll have easier time to get $$$ if they open their eyes and look at other platforms.
Atlus would rather die, I'm sure.

I find quite amusing that they were so anal about P5 streams and emulation, a game about sticking it to the authority.

Reactions: MJunioR

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Atlus would rather die, I'm sure.

I find quite amusing that they were so anal about P5 streams and emulation, a game about sticking it to the authority.
I still don't understand why they don't allow stream even years after the game launched. It won't stop people with capture card but still.

And about emulation, even Nintendo isn't that bad compared to Atlus, even when Nintendo emulation is pretty much destroyed Switch version of the games.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I still don't understand why they don't allow stream even years after the game launched. It won't stop people with capture card but still.

And about emulation, even Nintendo isn't that bad compared to Atlus, even when Nintendo emulation is pretty much destroyed Switch version of the games.
Atlus is managed by old farts, is the only explanation I can give. Sega should kick them in the ass, they're no longer a small niche company.

It is quite idiotic how they chose to release PQ2 on 3DS and Catherine Full Body only on PS4. SMT V is basically vaporware, And another P5 rework? For PS4 only? Fuck offff. Even if they dont want to release on PC, the Switch is selling like fucking pancakes but they're too dumb to release it there because maybe daddy Sony will throw a fit. Fuck Sony anyway, they're too busy with their shitty David Cage and walkie talkie games. They just want to disown Japanese efforts. The way they treated Gravity Rush 2 is embarrasing, and I didnt even like that game. Kojima is on board because the guy just loves Uncle Sam.

Man I'm rambling as if I were drunk but I just drank Diet Pepsi.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Another delay.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
My copy of Catherine is here, guess I'll start it in 2 weeks.

edit:

Also, big fat "no" to your "buy an iPhone" suggestion lol. The culture bubble around those things is obnoxious af. That and I don't think my stuff would transfer across the walled garden... I'd be especially upset to lose my FGO account. :weary-face:
I swapped from android emulator to iPhone at the beginning so as long as you use the recovery code to swap you can do so regarless of platform, that said, if you remember I mentioned on discord that the new iphone models have lag issues with FGO, so I wouldn't suggest them currently, even if the engine update fixes that we'd still be getting that who knows when.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I guess that explains why SEGA Europe brought Catherine over instead of Persona 5.
Catherine PC was probably the only thing Sega could get Atlus to allow them to port (maybe even because they were making a remaster, so the classic version didn't matter much anymore). And they are hoping to show Atlus a success and get them to port more.
It looks very much like Atlus has decision making power over which games get released where, which I personally find bizarre because Sega bought them, but alas.

I base this on that snipped from this article: Sega now considers Yakuza a multi-platform series
More Atlus games could be coming, too, but the ball is currently in Atlus's court. Catherine Classic saw the developer's surreal puzzle game come to PC for the first time in January, and it's performed well. Clark hopes it's just the first step.

"Everyone's really pleased with it; we're pleased with it, it's performed well and the audience is happy," he says. "I think for us it was always step one. Let's launch Catherine, which then gives the IP owners and business owners at Atlus—who are in their first foray into the PC market—the ability to evaluate the success and how that can fit in for their future road map. I'm pleased to say they now have that information, so they're able to evaluate it. For us it was a positive experience, and hopefully they'll share that and consider it in their own road map."
God, Atlus is such a shit company.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I didn't have CPU spikes but search stopped working after installing yesterday's cumulative W10 update.

Solution if you run into the same problem:

+

Apparently, we underestimated the power of the Blair Witch's curses. We are aware that some of you have been experiencing performance issues and have prepared a patch that should fix some of the bigger optimization problems, live now. We will continue to fine-tune in the coming days and welcome your additional comments. Also, you can now save your preferences in advanced menu - as it should be.

Thank you to everyone who gave feedback. We’d love it if you could re-review the game if you have a chance to play the game as intended.

If you downloaded the game prior to the patch, please reach out to us and we'll send you a free download code for The Blair Witch Project within 7 days (hopefully sooner) and a code for BRAWL from Bloober TEAM.

For the codes just send us an email with your STEAM nickname: support@blairwitchgame.com.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.