Community MetaSteam | August 2019 - The Darqest Place Can Shine With A Mecha-President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

How is Crystar?
It's labelled as an action RPG. Wow does it play, and are there really quests (or is it just a "musou" stage structure?
Is it a stand-alone game, or part of any series?

And, will there be outrageous amounts of DLCs in the future (Koei Tecmo style)?

I know a few people posted some screenshots (like Kvik), so if anyone could post some brief impressions, it would be great. :)

thanks

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
Planetside Arena early access on Steam delayed to September 13, 2019; Official launch (plus console versions) set for 2020

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
so ... how about those titles for the next thread? anyone?

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'm enjoying Minoria.
It's quite unforgiving, but it also doesn't seem like it's huge so that's perfectly fine.

How is Crystar?
It's labelled as an action RPG. Wow does it play, and are there really quests (or is it just a "musou" stage structure?
Is it a stand-alone game, or part of any series?

And, will there be outrageous amounts of DLCs in the future (Koei Tecmo style)?

I know a few people posted some screenshots (like Kvik), so if anyone could post some brief impressions, it would be great. :)

thanks
Also curious about this one.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Ah, I really wish I jumped on the Shadow of the Tomb Raider deal from last week (for €13). Thought I needed more time to cool off from RotTR, but I'm itching to continue the series.

Reactions: PhaZZe and lashman

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Finished Tokyo Xanadu earlier today, though just the regular game, not the After Story. I don't think I'll finish that one, I like where the original game ends and after 70 hours, I feel the game is slowly overstaying its welcome. The combat itself never warmed up on me, and I feel the game just took way too long to establish the setting proper (with the XRC and everything). I'm looking forward to a sequel that picks up where this one left off, or maybe a prequel that might explain the origin of the Eclipse a bit better.

While I don't think this game reaches the heights of either Ys or Trails, it's fairly consistent and doesn't share any of their respective lows either. I feel Falcom could make something great out of this, if they keep experimenting in future Tokyo Xanadu titles.
I must say I'm kinda sad that they will likely no longer work on something like Xanadu Next. I enjoyed that game much more than anything in TX. Oh well.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Finished Tokyo Xanadu earlier today, though just the regular game, not the After Story. I don't think I'll finish that one, I like where the original game ends and after 70 hours, I feel the game is slowly overstaying it's welcome. The combat itself never warmed up on me, and I feel the just took way too long to establish it's setting. I'm looking forward to a sequel that picks up where this one left off, or maybe a prequel that might explain the origin of the Eclipse a bit better.
That's the After Story :p
It still has some pretty important plot points towards an eventual sequel in it, and a new playable character among other things. Unless a sequel will follow a different cast of characters, which I don't think is entirely implausible.
(The final final boss is pretty damn brutal though on Hard, to the point of being annoying)

I enjoyed the hell out of TX and think it has Falcom's best NPCs in all of their games.
Xanadu Next is a different beast entirely though, fully agreed.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I played a bit more of Operation Abyss and randomly checked out the achievements, where I found this:
That's... certainly one way to use achievement pictures :thinking-face:
Don't think I've seen something like that before.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I played a bit more of Operation Abyss and randomly checked out the achievements, where I found this:
Gravity Rush did that with its DLC trophies. Thought it was pretty funny.

I think 8-Bit Bayonetta Steam did it too.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I
I thought 8 bit Bayonetta did something vaguely similar but the images added up to make a release date or something. So the PlayStation version also have these achievements and do they look like this as well?

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
What's the best way to play Tokyo Xanadu? Using a save file for new game+ or using CheatMenu to remove the Free Time restrictions?

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
What's the best way to play Tokyo Xanadu? Using a save file for new game+ or using CheatMenu to remove the Free Time restrictions?
Personally I went with CheatEngine removing the Free Time restriction, since New Game+ gives you access to all the abilities you get throughout the game right from the get go. It's not that much, but it does mess with the progression a bit.

Reactions: Knurek

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
It was a mess at launch, but developers released performance patch within a few hours after launch and it's a little better now. But it's still surprisingly demanding game so if you have old hardware beware that it might not run well for you.
Yep, it runs awful for me, can't even hit 60 fps in 540p resolution (half resolution render option). Uninstalled.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Question, is McAfee antivirus shit? My sister got a new laptop, and she cant use facebook nor youtube. I can access reddit wikipedia, but not speedtest. Firewall issue?

FunnyJay