Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Now just announce the postponement of the release of PS5 and XBX to 2021 spring like we know has happened and let this farce end.

While gamer memes and social media interactions are overall shitty as fuck, M$ pushed for them to release gameplay that was most likely not ready for the exposure it got. Must be soul crushing for the people on the team but M$ enjoys eating souls so....
Xbox has been confirmed for this November right now

Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Xbox has been confirmed for this November right now

Put a price on it and that'll seal the pact.

Show me the :steam_cleanseal:

On the other hand, you could easily be correct in following the official statements. With the state of the world, maybe it makes sense to get these things out the door and in hands this nov/dec before the economic shitshow reaches more dire stages and belts tighten to maximum.

Reactions: Li Kao

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
seems like we missed another one, that launched today :-D

Nice! By the same devs as Reus

Updated the list :)

4 Aug - Littlewood
5 Aug - Empyrion - Galactic Survival
6 Aug - Undermine
11 Aug - Risk of Rain 2
11 Aug - Godhood
13 Aug - Double Kick Heroes
13 Aug - Parkasaurus
14 Aug - Factorio
21 Aug - Chronicon

Nine games that are leaving or have left early access this month!
Is there any way to search for early access games and find if they are going to leave early access?

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
While it's good that Halo Infinite gets delayed to make it right, I don't think Microsoft could've fucked this launch harder. At this point I'd just delay the console too.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
That was an interesting watch, thanks.

I am impressed that Spencer had the balls to decide something like this because it will definitely hurt the console's launch. I would also bet money that 343 Industries will be placed on the chopping block as soon as the game is released.

Last edited:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Put a price on it and that'll seal the pact.

Show me the :steam_cleanseal:

On the other hand, you could easily be correct in following the official statements. With the state of the world, maybe it makes sense to get these things out the door and in hands this nov/dec before the economic shitshow reaches more dire stages and belts tighten to maximum.
In my opinion, releasing the consoles this year is a big mistake.
Not only is the economical situation dire for many potential buyers, the psychological impact is the bigger reason to postpone it.

2020 is a year that is anxiety-inducing and depressing for many people. The black humor memes are over the top with "lol, 2020 am I right? What happens next month?"
And you want to release a product that only releases every 5 to 8 years and doesn't NEED to release?
Psychologically, it would be better to release it in 2021, the year we've beaten Covid! (hopefully with a vaccine ready) A new beginning! A fresh start! Lets celebrate with a new console generation!

Even if the economical situation hasn't much improved, the good vibes could guide the consoles through a rocky start.
While it could be a disaster in the making if they are released in 2020, underperform, and become just another notch in the "Just 2020 being 2020."

ESPECIALLY! If you don't have many games ready for your stupid train crash in the making because no-one wants to blink.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Halo delay is disappointing. At the same time I still have 3, ODST, 4 and 5 to play b4 hand anyways. Hopefully MS is able to port 5 into the collection asap after 4 now with Infinite delay.

Also this is probably first of several big delays. I expect Cyberpunk, AssCreed and COD to most likely get delayed too. This holiday shopping season and release schedule was cursed anyways with Covid plus the flu season is about to start up which will make everything 10x worse. The industry is still not quite there to be full on 100% digital for console games so a delay here for some games makes sense.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Not only is the economical situation dire for many potential buyers, the psychological impact is the bigger reason to postpone it.

2020 is a year that is anxiety-inducing and depressing for many people. The black humor memes are over the top with "lol, 2020 am I right? What happens next month?"
And you want to release a product that only releases every 5 to 8 years and doesn't NEED to release?
Psychologically, it would be better to release it in 2021, the year we've beaten Covid! (hopefully with a vaccine ready) A new beginning! A fresh start! Lets celebrate with a new console generation!

Even if the economical situation hasn't much improved, the good vibes could guide the consoles through a rocky start.
While it could be a disaster in the making if they are released in 2020, underperform, and become just another notch in the "Just 2020 being 2020."

ESPECIALLY! If you don't have many games ready for your stupid train crash in the making because no-one wants to blink.
Counterpoint (devils advocate and all that): from a marketing perspective this is a golden opportunity given that everyone will be on their houses with nothing to do. And now that online deliveries are a thing, there’s little reason not to release them now, even if sales projections will be down given that not everyone will be willing to shell 500+ bucks on a new platform.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Counterpoint (devils advocate and all that): from a marketing perspective this is a golden opportunity given that everyone will be on their houses with nothing to do. And now that online deliveries are a thing, there’s little reason not to release them now, even if sales projections will be down given that not everyone will be willing to shell 500+ bucks on a new platform.
For hardware, that is negligible.
The reason people are at home is because the situation is so dire. Either they lost their job, are doing fewer hours or have to quarantine. I am not talking about the logistical issue, but the psychological impact.
Sure, there is nothing stopping them releasing the consoles in November. But there is a BIG, a HUGE chance that they become a part of the "Fuck 2020, it was awful" Zeitgeist. Especially if they release with barebones software support.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
For hardware, that is negligible.
The reason people are at home is because the situation is so dire. Either they lost their job, are doing fewer hours or have to quarantine. I am not talking about the logistical issue, but the psychological impact.
Sure, there is nothing stopping them releasing the consoles in November. But there is a BIG, a HUGE chance that they become a part of the "Fuck 2020, it was awful" Zeitgeist. Especially if they release with barebones software support.
Fair point

Reactions: Kyougar

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019

2020 has been a personal shitshow for me and would have been even without the state of the world. Add in the state of the world and I'm in full shell mode. Try not to lose too much ground first, strive for things next year. I'm not alone in this mindset. Would a game console in 2021 be the boost to peoples moods? I'm now sure any one consumer product could be. It would be if they were cancelled this year and the PS5 and XBX released at the same time the world was getting better... But just another 'return to normalcy'

The lack of games is really a problem. I don't intend to be a debbie downer on this but if you believe that Cyberpunk 2077 releases this year, I'm seeking investors for a tower to heaven I'm building. There is not one compelling software reason to own these machines in 2020. Zero. Nada. Zippity zippo. Halo delayed to 2021, BC questions, can anyone name a single PS5 exclusive worth owning in 2020? Anyone????

I'd release them if I believed that I had to strike while some people still had SOME discretionary income left. The way things look now, it looks like a very dark winter is coming up. Get some new consoles in people's hands and hope positive press sticks in people's minds for when they actually have money in a few years could be their thinking.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Thankfully it is no longer a thing, shame about the few games that are.
Not to jump down your throat but I understand UWP encrypted packages are how every GamePass game is shipped to customers. I hope I'm wrong but this was my understanding.

In unrelated news, Risk of Rain 2 going 1.0 is wonderful :).

Reactions: Ge0force

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
if i can sell my x1x for a decent amount, i'll get an xsx. if not, i won't. don't really feel enthused but if i can get a deal on something i was already gonna get in a few years anyway might as well jump on.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
if i can sell my x1x for a decent amount, i'll get an xsx. if not, i won't. don't really feel enthused but if i can get a deal on something i was already gonna get in a few years anyway might as well jump on.
Didn't X1X get discontinued recently? If so you are probably better off taking care of it for a couple years and then sell it to some crazy collector on ebay. You will probably get like 5-10x more for it if you wait.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
🤔 i didn't know that, interesting.

i still have my zelda edition wii u, should check what that sells for these days.

edit: not much 🤣

Reactions: lashman and yuraya

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yea I would wait. It was only available for sale for a couple years. It was pricey so it probably didn't sell a lot. But its still a 6TF console and the BC approach from Xbox will make it more valuable long term imo. It should still be more powerful than the rumored Lockhart too.

Plus places like Gamestop are likely gonna die soon so your ebays of the world will be the only place to buy X1X. I think there could be a lot of demand for it from collectors and crazy Xbox fans.

Reactions: warp_

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Finished Reach and CE so far, haven't written a "review" thread as I finished them before, but I think I will with Halo 2 as Ive never played it, at least I think I haven't played it, I did try Halo 2 Vista, but I don't remember if I finished it.

Reactions: inky

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
Yea I would wait. It was only available for sale for a couple years. It was pricey so it probably didn't sell a lot. But its still a 6TF console and the BC approach from Xbox will make it more valuable long term imo. It should still be more powerful than the rumored Lockhart too.

Plus places like Gamestop are likely gonna die soon so your ebays of the world will be the only place to buy X1X. I think there could be a lot of demand for it from collectors and crazy Xbox fans.
it might not be a bad idea. my plan was just to sell it to my ex since she was saying she wanted a console with kinect for just dance and xsx will have bc but not kinect bc.

we don't even know the price or release of the xsx so i'm in no rush to make a decision but that is certainly is something to consider.

FunnyJay