Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Well, that didn't take as long as I had hoped.

I probably should've played like an act a day or something, make it last a little. There's still like 2 weeks to go until Control...

I already completed it years ago but maybe I should do a replay of Alan Wake too while I'm at it...

Also, I think Death Stranding's photo mode has spoiled me. I expected to take a bunch of screenshots since I remembered the lighting in QB looking fantastic, but who wants to take normal screenshots?! The game's upscaling also makes the image super blurry and even my GTX 1660 Super took a hell of a performance hit when I turned it off. I probably could've managed 30fps with it turned off but I'd rather have a blurry image at 60fps.
Underrated game in my opinion. My only true gripe is how repetitive combat encounters become and how safe the level design is saved from that great bridge level.
The game needed a sequel.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I'm going to gently push back on he whole, "non gamers" thing.

I get it, why trust the WSJ or NYTs on anything gaming. But more people talking and interested in games has no way of being bad. I hate the whole 'gamers vs the world' and I'm sure you didn't mean it like that but I get annoyed at the.... Not gatekeeping but fence guarding.
And let me push back a little.
I always try to educate the AAA single-player crowd that the gaming market is a thousand times bigger than what they believe.
What I am against, is the little part of the world left, who don't really care about gaming, that tries to shoehorn what gaming SHOULD BE and make it their champion.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I'm a little hesitant, though, because I absolutely love Alan Wake and I don't want to get unrealistically excited for that Control DLC. I've been disappointed too often when it comes to wanting more Alan Wake...
I do not expect a quasi Alan Wake sequel.
This will be Control, with a pinch of Alan Wake in it. I expect the light/dark mechanic to play a role, I hope we are at least going briefly back to Bright Falls and I expect to meat Alan Wake near the end and learn what happened to him through "logs"

In short: I'm tempering my expectations.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I do not expect a quasi Alan Wake sequel.
This will be Control, with a pinch of Alan Wake in it. I expect the light/dark mechanic to play a role, I hope we are at least going briefly back to Bright Falls and I expect to meat Alan Wake near the end and learn what happened to him through "logs"

In short: I'm tempering my expectations.
Yeah, realistically, they'll use this to give Alan some closure and that'll be that. I can't help but hope they'll tease something bigger, though. :(

Reactions: ISee

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im trying to not get my hopes up for the Control AWE expansion. Alan Wake is one of my favorite games of all time, but Im worried Wake will just have a short cameo or something.

Reactions: ISee

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
The Outer Worlds DLC went up on SteamDB. (2 dlc, likely the upcoming expansion and the expansion pass, 2nd expansion will probably go up on steamdb closer to release in 2021) With this and the asset updates I guess they’ll be making the official steam release date announcement soon.

Hopefully the Steam version launches with a base game + expansion pass bundle and a 50% discount like Borderlands 3. Will prob pick It up day 1 if thats what they do.

Reactions: Tomasety

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
The Outer Worlds DLC went up on SteamDB. (2 dlc, likely the upcoming expansion and the expansion pass, 2nd expansion will probably go up on steamdb closer to release in 2021) With this and the asset updates I guess they’ll be making the official steam release date announcement soon.

Hopefully the Steam version launches with a base game + expansion pass bundle and a 50% discount like Borderlands 3. Will prob pick It up day 1 if thats what they do.
I reported both things on blue bird social network the very same day it happened, no one reads me :blobclosecry:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
You didn’t post it here so I didn’t see it. The dlc only went up 13 hours ago after all
But the review build went up 2 weeks ago :blobeyes:

13 hours ago it was just listed. I think it's funny that review build is being handled through steam

• Eyes
Reactions: TheTrain and Arsene

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
But the review build went up 2 weeks ago :blobeyes:

13 hours ago it was just listed. I think it's funny that review build is being handled through steam
The review build of the DLC being handled through steam is really funny considering the egs deal doesnt end until almost 2 months after it releases everywhere else

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
It seems Forza Horizon 3 might get delisted soon. Shame it never hit Steam. It's $10 on the MS Store, 20 for the ultimate.
What ? How ? Music rights ? :face-with-cold-sweat:

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Confession time: I love the Yakuza series but I don’t really like the Manager minigame.
confession, I like Yakuza games but only bother with the main story
For something that was talked about everywhere, meme'd like crazy, it sort of bombed on EGS. Data from the start of the year, though the game has completely disappeared from the zeitgeist. Though some say the goose is still honking to show Thatcher is dead.

nuts that WWZ is EGS 2nd most successful title
Not sure if that says a lot about WWZ or EGS...

Edit: woah, same post duplicated like 5 times there :/

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I've started researching components for a new PC. My current one is 4 years old now, and wasn't exactly top of the line when I built it. I probably won't actually order stuff until the fall as there is no rush, but I'd like to have it ready to use by November. I'm hoping I can avoid buying a few things like a new case, new hard drives, etc.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I've started researching components for a new PC. My current one is 4 years old now, and wasn't exactly top of the line when I built it. I probably won't actually order stuff until the fall as there is no rush, but I'd like to have it ready to use by November. I'm hoping I can avoid buying a few things like a new case, new hard drives, etc.
You should tell us what you have, and preferably post it in the hardware thread
Preferably, everyone by now knows my stance about hard rules :tightly-closed-eyes:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
damn you, Phil ... DAAAAAMN YOUUUU!!!

also - RIP JaseC :negative-blob:
I don't think Phil can do much, so not his fault. I have no doubt that if Phil could have put FH3 and 4 on Steam he would have done it.

Also, if you don't already own FH3, buy it, I know WStore is shit, but the game is so damn good.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I mean, why would he not want to put FH3 and 4 on Steam? Especially 4. Most people probably play 4 via game pass so they will most likely earn more money by releasing it on Steam.

I feel really happy I got FH 1 and 2 before they got delisted (I think they are delisted). The games are so good even the first game feels great to play today.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
another thing I don't understand why Valve hasn't done yet is to implement a button on the client to access Steam controller configurations, as things stand now I have to go to Steam -> Settings -> Controller tab and then open the config menu every time.

Reactions: lashman

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
another thing I don't understand why Valve hasn't done yet is to implement a button on the client to access Steam controller configurations, as things stand now I have to go to Steam -> Settings -> Controller tab and then open the config menu every time.
Steam Controller configs can be accessed directly from the library with one button. Unless you're looking for something else?

Reactions: Tomasety

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Yeah I worded that wrongly, not the configurations themselves but this page to enable/disable the controller support

also that button disappears when the controller support is disabled (duh)

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexandros

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
What do you mean by everytime, every PC boot? Does the setting not saved? It should be saved.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
every time I want to enable/disable it I have to do that, it would be faster if I had a button which opened the controller settings menu directly on the client (i.e. similar to how we have a BPM button)

I generally keep it disabled as some games tend to behave weirdly when they both support the controller natively and the Playstation Configuration Support is enabled.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
i guess they just have no idea how to make the game about Sam Fisher in Open World with microtransactions.
Couldn't they just copy/paste MGSV?
But do we also want current ubi doing something with splinter cell? Do we want them to do anything with beloved older franchises like Rayman or BGE?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Reactions: dummmyy and ISee

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
And let me push back a little.
I always try to educate the AAA single-player crowd that the gaming market is a thousand times bigger than what they believe.
What I am against, is the little part of the world left, who don't really care about gaming, that tries to shoehorn what gaming SHOULD BE and make it their champion.
I'm not sure they made the game their champion, instead of simply covering a game they felt had wide appeal and could reach a new audience. Most people already have in their mind what THEY think gaming is and often its completely incorrect. More so, we can't send them over to RPS to educate them, they don't read 'gamer' media. So press coverage for a game like this, showing the very real diversity of gaming in a world were stupid Bethesda and COD television ads run on every NFL game, is excellent.

Gaming doesn't need to be defended.

Reactions: Pommes and lashman

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I'm not sure they made the game their champion, instead of simply covering a game they felt had wide appeal and could reach a new audience. Most people already have in their mind what THEY think gaming is and often its completely incorrect. More so, we can't send them over to RPS to educate them, they don't read 'gamer' media. So press coverage for a game like this, showing the very real diversity of gaming in a world were stupid Bethesda and COD television ads run on every NFL game, is excellent.

Gaming doesn't need to be defended.
I don't defend Gaming, you are projecting too much into what I said.
I rolled my eyes at the mainstream media gushing about a forgettable game. Nothing more and nothing less.

Basically this:

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I rolled my eyes at the mainstream media gushing about a forgettable game. Nothing more and nothing less.

Basically this:
When you imply that 'outsiders' are dictating what gaming 'should be', sounds a little like gaming is something, not under attack per se, but erasure.

But whatever. Hate that attitude and I've clashed with people here hard over it before.

Gaming is for everyone.

Reactions: lashman and Cacher

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Basically this:
Or someone played that goose game because it looked weird, they had fun with it, and since they work in a news paper, they wrote a story about it. That's not "artificial hype", that's about as natural as it gets. Don't see there being a big media campaign with a tiny indie game, which is what it looks like to me.

Reactions: lashman and Cacher

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
When you imply that 'outsiders' are dictating what gaming 'should be', sounds a little like gaming is something, not under attack per se, but erasure.

But whatever. Hate that attitude and I've clashed with people here hard over it before.

Gaming is for everyone.
You are still projecting. Where did I say what gaming should be? I play niche-ass niche games that even people on this board rarely heard about.
I never said they are not allowed to play a game. I found the gushing of it cringe-worthy.

I can roll my eyes at anyone I want to, Mainstream media doesn't need to be defended by you. right back to you

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I don't care much about the talk of projection and attempting to dismiss an argument this way, I think the same point could be made without.

That being said I agree that I also got the feeling Goose Game was being singularly pushed by the media with a popularity that didn't seem reflected in the gaming population. Not that I mind overly much what the media does after the way they've shown their ass with the EGS.

I'm with everyone saying that gaming is for everyone and covers wonderfully broad horizons, from Caves of Qud to Call of Duty.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Yeah I worded that wrongly, not the configurations themselves but this page to enable/disable the controller support

also that button disappears when the controller support is disabled (duh)
Oh, that reminds me: what do these checkboxes do exactly? I don't know if I should have them checked or unchecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.