Community MetaSteam | August 2020 - Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Added to the pile of reasons I'm loathing Microsoft more and more. It's a shame Asobo and a damn good sim are caught in their clutches.

They have a world-class delivery system, yet use a launcher that doesn't seem to justify its existence much given that it has to redownload a crapload of data all the time anyway. That would be fine if it didn't void the refund policy to the tune of American's data caps burning.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I don't know that Kingmaker Definitive edition changes much compared to 1.08 that we are currently enjoying. It seems more like a console release.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
So the Definitive Edition of Pathfinder is a free update to everybody? Even if you don't own the DLC?
How many DLCs are there?

The base game is already massive enough as it is, I don't particularly looking forward to digest more content in the game lol.

The problem is, how many hours though?

Some people can download it in mere minutes, while some others would need days to complete a 90+ GB download.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Some people can download it in mere minutes, while some others would need days to complete a 90+ GB download.
Tie it to the actual runtime and not the launcher, problem solved I think. I don't know if it's that easy with the way Steam works.

Reactions: Tomasety

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

You're not going to find anyone who is downloading it in minutes. You're mainly limited by their server speeds, and the fact the game has to download and extract tiny chunks one by one. It's so bad.

Then you have to account for the fact that the download breaks down randomly for people, forcing them to either sit and pray, or restart and start over. I got lucky and only had to wait only 4+ hours (400mb connection).

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I just managed to win twice in a row in Fall Guys. :heroblob:
I might quit while I'm ahead because it's all downhill from here.

That is why I am asking if its free to base game owners, but my favorite race is tied behind a DLC.
I don't think the definitive edition is a "new" game, it's just the name they gave the update. I finished the game a couple days ago and didn't get any dlc or entry in my library.
I think you're referencing the thiefling and yeah it sucks it's a paywalled race.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD and warp_

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
How much is Satisfactory in the humble sale (for choice users) ?

Reactions: ISee

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I would like to repeat the question I asked in the Media Thread, then on Discord.

'I would really really appreciate if someone in the US and/or UK could tell me if Doctor Who on Netflix can be watched in its french dub version.
Asking for a friend a mom :sweaty-blob:'

You will respect my MOM, ffs !

edit
15:19 pm - wait, you don't respect my MOM, do you ?

15:22 pm - did she ever do anything to you ?

Last edited:
  • Toucan
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
i don't believe dr who is on netflix anymore in the us. it's only on prime video and only available in english there.

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I was running out of edits, anyways :tightly-closed-eyes:
Yeah, I kinda got that the situation had changed in the US, so justwatch is wrong, cool cool.

So there is a good quality French version (1080p) of the show hidden in the depths of the Internet, but good fucking luck finding it. All I have is some shit tier SD iTunes version and an overpriced local streaming service that apparently lacks the specials. Brave New World.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I would like to repeat the question I asked in the Media Thread, then on Discord.

'I would really really appreciate if someone in the US and/or UK could tell me if Doctor Who on Netflix can be watched in its french dub version.

edit

Picked a random episode of Dr Who on Netflix UK and that was indeed available in French

• Love
Reactions: warp_ and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I bought a month of NordVPN.
My Nord account logged me off as security before I could finalize my paypal payment. So now I paid but I have no sub. Because obviously. Sometimes my life can be a little difficult :anguished-face:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Fucking MS. Apparently the FlightSim launcher is only able to download the game to my OS SSD drive, a drive not meant for games (just the OS), so until further Im not able to play it which really sucks cause Im really interested in trying the game.

Goddammit.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Great, now Netflix somehow detects I'm in France.
Cool.

Last edited:
  • Toucan
Reactions: sk2k

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Deathloop delayed to Q2 2021

With this and Halo delayed...and still no new COD announcement. This November basically belongs to Cyberpunk. CDPR must be happy because this holidays went from like 4 new FPS games to now just 1. Maybe 2 if COD comes in November instead of Oct.

If CDPR delay again then this holiday is basically dead for new games.

Only reason to buy new console at launch is Miles Morales and that is a shorter game that can probably be beat in a day or two.

Reactions: Alexandros

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
Fucking MS. Apparently the FlightSim launcher is only able to download the game to my OS SSD drive, a drive not meant for games (just the OS), so until further Im not able to play it which really sucks cause Im really interested in trying the game.

Goddammit.
you may be able to fix it by reinstalling the launcher to your games drive. you can mark that drive as a place to download apps by going into settings->storage->change where new content is saved and select the games drive for apps.

then when you go to re-download the launcher it should offer that drive as an option. it's a dumb process but one i had to do when getting game pass games originally.

Sadrac

Dec 6, 2018
if i buy MFS basic edition, how do i upgrade to the deluxe or premium? microtransactions in game?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
you may be able to fix it by reinstalling the launcher to your games drive. you can mark that drive as a place to download apps by going into settings->storage->change where new content is saved and select the games drive for apps.

then when you go to re-download the launcher it should offer that drive as an option.
I actually have the Windows Apps folder in the drive im suppose to install games, but for some reason the FlightSim launcher lives in another world and doesn't care.

• Sad
  • Disapproval
Reactions: Pommes and warp_

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
With this and Halo delayed...and still no new COD announcement. This November basically belongs to Cyberpunk. CDPR must be happy because this holidays went from like 4 new FPS games to now just 1. Maybe 2 if COD comes in November instead of Oct.

If CDPR delay again then this holiday is basically dead for new games.

Only reason to buy new console at launch is Miles Morales and that is a shorter game that can probably be beat in a day or two.
More than anything the lack of a COD announcement is just plain fucking baffling at this point :confused-face:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
if i buy MFS basic edition, how do i upgrade to the deluxe or premium? microtransactions in game?
There are upgrades available in the Marketplace. No idea how much a VC is in real money though. This is also from the Game Pass version. No idea if it is less expansive if you've bought the game

Reactions: Sadrac

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

edit

Uuuh
Ive only ever watched it in original dub, so cant comment on the dubbing outside of...
Hope u enjoy it
It has some iffyness at times but it is overall enjoyable

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
More than anything the lack of a COD announcement is just plain fucking baffling at this point :confused-face:
Maybe they just put Warzone on new consoles and delay new COD until next year. There is no new Battlefield to compete with and Warzone has been huge for them anyways.

vitormg

Jan 7, 2019
The Flight Simulator download speed is terrible. Hopefully I'll be able to play it by the end of the day. Will post impressions (Gamepass version) on my not so fancy rig (r5 3600 + 1060 6gb). Hopefully 1080p 60fps medium settings is achievable.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Maybe they just put Warzone on new consoles and delay new COD until next year. There is no new Battlefield to compete with and Warzone has been huge for them anyways.
As much as this is perfectly sensible, I just can't see ATVI going for it. They'll go hell for leather for the holiday window no matter what the state of the shipped game will be imo

EDIT:

Stanely Parable Ultra Deluxe delayed to 2021, I assume this update is serious anyway even if the format of the message itself isn't

Last edited:
  • Toucan
Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Goddammit.
Apparently made by the team responsible for the PC best hit and world-class downloading app, Windows Store.

What do you mean, you want to install a game - sorry, an App - in a custom directory? What are you, a hippie?

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
As I understand it, Flight Sim being connected to MS Store is necessary because it's somehow an online game as it's connected to the cloud or something like that? But apparently, the game is already cracked and pirates can play it hassle free. How does it actually work?

• Disapproval
Reactions: Cacher and Li Kao

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
As I understand it, Flight Sim being connected to MS Store is necessary because it's somehow an online game as it's connected to the cloud or something like that? But apparently, the game is already cracked and pirates can play it hassle free. How does it actually work?
The game streams a lot of terrain data from Microsoft's servers. The offline install is orders of magnitude less detailed. If there is one case to be made for the cloud's place in gaming, it's this one. It makes sense.

Much unlike their regional pricing and launcher.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
The game streams a lot of terrain data from Microsoft's servers. The offline install is orders of magnitude less detailed. If there is one case to be made for the cloud's place in gaming, it's this one. It makes sense.

Much unlike their regional pricing and launcher.
I see. So to avoid hundreds of GB install, they use the cloud instead. That makes sense indeed.

Reactions: Swenhir
Status
Not open for further replies.