Community MetaSteam | August 2021 - Openness Is Its Superpower

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
This post got me looking into my DS/3DS collection and I discovered that I actually bought Chrono Trigger at some point. No map or poster as far as I can tell, unless it's inside the box.

This was years ago when none of this stuff was ever expected to land on Steam. Now this version has been superseded by both the Steam and iOS versions.

Incidentally I also found sealed NDS copies of Ghost Trick and GTA Chinatown War,s and it occurred to me that I rebought all 3 of these games on iOS. Mildly amused that iOS of all platforms is where these games are preserved for now.
If at some point you think about selling some games in your collection, let me know since I might be interested in buying some. Seeing how I spent a lot of time on the DS/3DS but since I didn't have a lot of money at the time I had to skip out on a lot of games.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Fairly light month for my tastes, which I'm actually thankful for after the sheer brutality of the back half of July (Ys, Ace Attorney, Fuga, Samurai Warriors 5, The Forgotten City). Just Psychonauts 2 for me this month!

Thanks for the effort on the thread, lashman! 😊

I'm glad that other folks are enjoying Fuga, but man. It's still not doing so hot...
I did my part, I bought the deluxe on Steam too, despite fully intending to play on Xbox. It's just not a game with mass market appeal I guess... its really great though!

Btw, I recall you made a thread on it on the other site a couple months back, which is what brought Fuga to my attention. Thanks for that, I really appreciate it! You got a couple sales out of me, at least.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Nah as i said before i don't like subscriptions because they are basically a timer and i hate those. i will buy it when i can and play it then at my own pace.
yup ... the way i usually play games is - i install them on release ... play a few hours ... and then not touch them again for a few years

gamepass is SOOOOO not for me it's not even funny :p

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
CoG is all about the strategic layer with a focus on production chains & management. I got a strong board game vibe from the demo.
How similar did it feel to the old Gangster games (assuming you played those)?

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Due to certain conditions, this week I won't being able to do the weekly top seller analysis, however, next Sunday I will do both last week, this week and of course next week but here you have the chart.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I wanted to ask, how is the Dark Souls Remastered PC port?
Some people like the original version with Dsfix more than the Remastered version, I think it's fine and iirc supports 60fps without any issue.
Due to certain conditions, this week I won't being able to do the weekly top seller analysis, however, next Sunday I will do both last week, this week and of course next week but here you have the chart.
Mini Motorways made to the top 10! It must be a success as the game is cheap.

Last edited:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
oh man, I checked the steam download folder setting and had a big question what "Kostenlos" ("free of charge") in that context means. Free to play titles?

They fucking mean "Frei" ("free") as in the available space on the drive!

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
The Ascent did really well considering it's a day one Game Pass release.
I also find it funny Hitman 2 almost certainly outgrossed Hitman 3 this week.

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
That rules. W's soundtrack is so good
Shame you ran into a roadblock :confounded-face:
Sucks to hear that you are not enjoying it :disappointed-face:
The W soundtrack is awesome. I could have that on repeat all day :birbwiggle:

Luckily, the weird robot part only ended up being about an hour long. I was able to get by it, and now I'm back to the normal dungeon crawling which is legitimately great and delightful.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Mini Motorways made to the top 10! It must be a success as the game is cheap.
I'm glad to see Mini Motorways on the top 10 chart. Some interesting facts:

1) Very good game and reviews are very well received.

2) Price point - Extremely good and following Valve suggested regional pricing - These two things together are really important. Bonus, discount (10%) only applied to past Monday and part of past Tuesday

3) Owner estimation - The result of above conditions

4) Previous developers work helped Mini Motorways to get the game more exposure and hype along Rock Paper Shotgun seal of approval

Reason: fixed some text portions
Last edited:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I wanted to ask, how is the Dark Souls Remastered PC port?
It's fine. It looks a bit weird on spots with the new lighting though. Most of the metal armor has lost their sheen and have a duller look, I don't think they re-authored any of those assets for the new lighting. Or if they did and it's a deliberate choice, I think it was the wrong choice. Anyway that's just my personal opinion.
Otherwise it's still pretty barebones but has resolution option that works and the few obvious 60fps bugs from the original are fixed and it runs better in general, probably due to better multicore support.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
It's fine. It looks a bit weird on spots with the new lighting though. Most of the metal armor has lost their sheen and have a duller look, I don't think they re-authored any of those assets for the new lighting. Or if they did and it's a deliberate choice, I think it was the wrong choice. Anyway that's just my personal opinion.
Otherwise it's still pretty barebones but has resolution option that works and the few obvious 60fps bugs from the original are fixed and it runs better in general, probably due to better multicore support.
Appreciated, gonna get it when I get paid

Reactions: Parsnip
Status
Not open for further replies.