Community MetaSteam | August 2021 - Openness Is Its Superpower

Status
Not open for further replies.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Well, at least my backlog won't be expanding right this instant.

For those of you going in for Bloodstained, there's a hard mode you can unlock from the start via some button combination. Not sure I would recommend it. I personally found it a little too challenging and awkwardly balanced for a first playthrough, but if you're up for some tough bosses, keep it in mind.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
For some reason, I don't receive the 2FA code allegedly sent by email by Humble Bundle to log into my account.

Once I get the code, I need to finally figure out how to deactivate that security procedure.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I really enjoyed Superliminal, good sort of walking sim puzzle story type game. Quite trippy in places, lots of perspective based puzzles.

Carto was good too.

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia

Lots of good stuff:
  • Carto (Humble publisher & Game Pass),
  • Nowhere Prophet (No More Robots publisher & Game Pass),
  • Superliminal (EGS exclusive?),
  • Bloodstained (anime & Game Pass),
  • etc.
Pretty good month for me. Probably will grab it when Humble emailed me to resubscribe at reduced price :evilblob:

• This!
Reactions: Wok

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Superliminal, Carto, and Drake Hollow make this a good month for me.

Also, for anyone on a plan with a limited number of picks, I'll say this:
Blue Fire is 🔥
As Far As The Eye disappointed me (interface was really unpolished, to the point of interfering with the experience)

• Love
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Yo what the FUCK?! Opting out of the Steam beta client uninstalled a SHIT load of games. Space is still taken but it doesn't seem like they'll just rediscover the files, they're redownloading. What the fuck, man? :weary-face:

edit: Whew, crisis averted. I noticed all the games were installing to my boot drive, which shouldn't be the default. It had simply forgotten the library location on my secondary drive. Re-adding the folder made all the games show up as installed again. Well, that was terrifying for a second...

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
But like, seriously, how does it work?

manchego obfuscator 's post earlier lists all the games and its around £200 worth of games that they are charging me a tenner for. I get that its charity but do the devs just give their games away for free? Whats the deal.
not free ... but they ARE giving them the copies for basically peanuts

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
But like, seriously, how does it work?
Most games are available on cheap services:
  1. Bloodstained is part of EA Play Pro, and was previously included in Game Pass.
  2. Carto: Game Pass.
  3. Drake Hollow: Game Pass.
  4. Encodya: GOG only.
  5. Nowhere Prophet: Game Pass.
  6. Out of Space: previously bundled twice by Fanatical.
  7. Superliminal : previously an EGS exclusivity
Then you have multiplayer games which need a playerbase:
  1. Last Oasis: MMO,
  2. We Need to Go Deeper: online multiplayer.
And indie games which fight to be known:
  1. As far as the Eye: peak today ~ 130,
  2. Blue Fire: all-time peak ~ 300,
  3. Cepheus Protocol: all-time peak ~ 200.

Last edited:

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
I wonder how much they paid activision that month they gave 3 of their games (crash, spyro and one COD) away, knowing acti i doubt they gave them for cheap.
We know Humble paid 1kk$ for Resident Evil VII if my memory serves right. Madjoki probably can correct me if I'm wrong.

And unfortunately those who know the amount of Choice subs can't disclose the numbers due to NDA. But it could be over 200k easily.

Reactions: curi0usBystander

FunnyJay