Community MetaSteam | August 2021 - Openness Is Its Superpower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

One more thing...
What makes you think that? Do we have any numbers?
No, but the number of people I see mention gamepass ultimate and doing the trick.

People cheering when an egs exclusive is also on PC GP etc, the service is good. It'll be doing fine, it's just weighed down by the MS store.
ngl that's the only one I'm installing off that list :dmcblob:

it even has achievements!
Legit was excited for it, now I know it has cheevos I'm 100% in

Reactions: beep boop

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
The Microsoft solitaire collection has legitimately made my day. Only thing that would top it is a surprise release of peggle 2 on pc.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
No, but the number of people I see mention gamepass ultimate and doing the trick.

People cheering when an egs exclusive is also on PC GP etc, the service is good. It'll be doing fine, it's just weighed down by the MS store.
I can't find the tweet atm, but I think NPD Mat stated that the vast majority of game pass subs comes from consoles and that PC game pass pas is miniscule in comparison. Still I might misremember.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020

getting nuked off steam soon (maybe even today)

so if anyone wanted to grab this one - now's the time ... it's actually a really good game
The worst thing is that even the developers don't know why it was delisted.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Gamepass isn't profitable per say but the fact that it brings up engagement is more than enough for MS to face the negative numbers and keep improving the service over time, in fact, the number of players jumping in is growing each day so yeah, it's working and it's a good service.

When it comes to EGS data that is going up lately, well, not surprised and to be fair, I don't give a fuck if they disappear, they point at me calling me "a troll" because I hate their platform and I use one that is more convenient for me, well yeah, fuck them too.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
More Japanese are buying Xbox Series console every week thanks to Game Pass. I won't call it a success before seeing hard numbers, but the subscriber base is definitely growing. Most importantly, it has generally positive WOM, a stark difference compared with EGS.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
When it comes to EGS data that is going up lately, well, not surprised and to be fair, I don't give a fuck if they disappear, they point at me calling me "a troll" because I hate their platform and I use one that is more convenient for me, well yeah, fuck them too.
I dont understand.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Wok
Highly Confidential - Attorney's Eyes Only
Whoooooo! We Phoenix Wright now, peeps!
"My Client could not have committed these war crimes Your Honour on account of them being a Bunny. The video evidence is grossly misinterpreted and they were in the studio filming for the new series of Documental at the time of the alleged offenses."

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
So for people who played and maybe finished the game Vane, does it ever get good? Played barely 30 minutes, and it's already boring me. I heard it was made by some former thatgamecompany people, but I really don't see much inspiration here. Where journey is a well thought out game, with excellent controls and level design, this game just throws you into a huge desert playing as a bird with really annoying controls and with no clear instructions (of any kind ) on what to do. journey told you pretty clearly to move towards a visible goal.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I dont understand.
Check EGS thread, it's about internal mails and narrative manipulation on social media.

So for people who played and maybe finished the game Vane, does it ever get good? Played barely 30 minutes, and it's already boring me. I heard it was made by some former thatgamecompany people, but I really don't see much inspiration here. Where journey is a well thought out game, with excellent controls and level design, this game just throws you into a huge desert playing as a bird with really annoying controls and with no clear instructions (of any kind ) on what to do. journey told you pretty clearly to move towards a visible goal.
Vane is a game to enjoy thanks to the visuals, if you are not having fun playing the first half-hour, well, sorry to say you won't enjoy it at all. Sadly.

• Sad
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Mivey

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019

To all members of the Blizzard Community,

We want to let you know about an important leadership change at Blizzard Entertainment.

Starting today, J. Allen Brack will be stepping down as the leader of the studio, and Jen Oneal and Mike Ybarra will co-lead Blizzard moving forward.

Jen joined Blizzard in January as executive vice president of development, where she’s been providing senior development leadership and support to the Diablo and Overwatch franchises. Jen is the former head of Vicarious Visions (which is now part of Blizzard Entertainment).

After many years at XBOX, Mike joined the company in 2019 as the executive vice president and general manager of platform and technology, where he’s been overseeing the evolution of Battle.net and our development services organization.

Jen and Mike have more than three decades of gaming industry experience between them. Moving forward, they will share responsibilities over game development and company operations.

Both leaders are deeply committed to all of our employees; to the work ahead to ensure Blizzard is the safest, most welcoming workplace possible for women, and people of any gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or background; to upholding and reinforcing our values; and to rebuilding your trust. With their many years of industry experience and deep commitment to integrity and inclusivity, Jen and Mike will lead Blizzard with care, compassion, and a dedication to excellence. You’ll hear more from Jen and Mike soon.

The following is a message from J. Allen Brack:

“I am confident that Jen Oneal and Mike Ybarra will provide the leadership Blizzard needs to realize its full potential and will accelerate the pace of change. I anticipate they will do so with passion and enthusiasm and that they can be trusted to lead with the highest levels of integrity and commitment to the components of our culture that make Blizzard so special.”

Finally, thank you all for being a part of the Blizzard community, and for your passion and determination for safety and equality for all.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Pommes and Tomasety

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I don't think Acti as a whole is losing money. WoW might not be big anymore but subs alone are probably keeping it afloat. With Warzone there's no need for a new CoD. Overwatch fell of the face of the earth but whatever.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Firing J Allen Brack is fine, seems like he may yet be implicated in some of the grossness from the lawsuit, but Kotick and Activision leadership is where the real rot is. Tons of ex-Republican president aides and horrible people. They should all be stepping down too.

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019
Play a game from the backlog is always the answer.

And there is no indecision, as I have a backlog spreadsheet that I freely move items up and down based on when I play to play them. The next 5 or so games are always planned out in advance, so as soon as cross one off the list I just move down to the next line.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Uh... Did they get hacked or something, or is this a legit spoof?

According to several people on Reddit and Era, the "improved" windows store in Windows 11 is still using the same locked down folders for games than the current store in Windows 10. This means still no file access, modding, pcgamingwiki fixes or whatever.

What a huge disappointment, especially since Microsoft is charging €70 for their games on Steam and bought a shitload of my favorite devs. 😞
Yeah, it's basically the exact same right now. Maybe it'll change when the actually roll out that Win32 stuff, who knows.

Dodgeball Academia is a day one Game Pass release.
Bruh wait a minute, Solitaire!? It's 'bout time Gamepass became good.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
You lasted about 15m longer than I did.

Edit: I lied, you lasted 19m longer than me

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Oh.. it's "Pause Humble Choice before you forget day"?

(I'm trying to "jinx" it on purpose to see if it's actually good for me this month just because I wrote that)

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Really good month for me, almost everything is on my wishlist. I already own Bloodstained, which if I had not, would have made it a perfect month.

Reactions: Cacher

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Humble Choice for August 2021 is up:

GOG only?
Would be a pretty good month if I hadn't already played through Bloodstained and Carto on Game Pass, but as is, Superliminal is the only game there I really want. Probably just gonna pause and hope for a giveaway.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Hmmmm... I'm interested in a few of the games, but since they have good regional pricing it's not worth it for me.

And of course, once again, I already own the "headliner" game, Bloodstained, but haven't played it yet... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.