Community MetaSteam | August 2021 - Openness Is Its Superpower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I am impressed with how many indie games support Ultrawide resolutions out the box. I wouldn't even stress it if they didn't fully support my stupid res, but I think I've been pretty lucky. The only time I have 0 expectations is with Unreal Engine games. The default way that engine handles UW is garbage.

The last few games I played through (Death's Door, Flower, Salt and Sanctuary) all fully supported it

21:9 is the sweet spot, but this monitor landed in my lap so I gotta make it do what it do. Don't judge.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
basically turtle rocks last chance to redeem themselves and see if they can make a good game without valves guidance

Was eVolve no good? Maybe they just need to get out of the PvE/L4D mold a bit more to see what they're capable of?

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I always thought that evolve was meant to be a decent game let down by being carved up before release so they could nickle and dime customers.

Never got a chance to play the game. So could be wrong there.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Do we have any good reasons to think Uncharted 4/Uncharted Collection for PC will be made official this year ? Any insider info on this ?

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Below was so close to being great for me but there were some design decisions that just annoyed me and made playing it a chore.
I need to give it another try since they added Explore Mode. The atmosphere, sound and art design were fantastic, i loved exploring and figuring out how to progress but it was just too harsh when you died and had to do a corpse run with no resources.

Now you've mentioned Below i'll bump it up the list of games i need to go back to and try again now i'm in a different mindset or they've been patched.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Naked muscular man with a black hole as head. Unless this is tied to lore, there has to be other design choice than this main character of Grime, right?

Normally art style won't stop me from playing a game, and the gameplay looks pretty cool, but that naked man certainly isn't pleasant to the eyes lol.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Aside from the awful fishing minigame (that thankfully on PC we can do something about), I'm enjoying Nier Replicant so far, even the "old game" parts.

But I really have to turn a mental "Anime filter" to ignore one of the characters outfits. Makes the one from Automata's 2B look like a regular military uniform :p

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Naked muscular man with a black hole as head. Unless this is tied to lore, there has to be other design choice than this main character of Grime, right?

Normally art style won't stop me from playing a game, and the gameplay looks pretty cool, but that naked man certainly isn't pleasant to the eyes lol.
Nonono, it's not a man, the character is the black hole and he just uses rocks as a body!

The game has a demo, it was pretty cool and you get armors that make your rock man less rocky

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Below was so close to being great for me but there were some design decisions that just annoyed me and made playing it a chore.
I need to give it another try since they added Explore Mode. The atmosphere, sound and art design were fantastic, i loved exploring and figuring out how to progress but it was just too harsh when you died and had to do a corpse run with no resources.

Now you've mentioned Below i'll bump it up the list of games i need to go back to and try again now i'm in a different mindset or they've been patched.
I finished it.
It still has a lot of bullshit, but they made the corpse runs more manageable because the campfire teleport doesn't burn out, and normal fires last until you die. There's still a section there though that's just real shit even with the changes and just like makes you wonder what they were thinking.
Here's the Steam announcement for what the explore mode contain if you are curious for the full list.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Tried Grime demo on a whim.
Can't attack. With Xbox Controller or Keyboard. No mention of it in the Steam forum, just an old June 15 post mentioning the bug to the dev, which replied they would look into it.

How to unsell me your game.

edit -
Went full keyboard, tried to change buttons, nothing, couldn't get out of the 'assign new button' windows. UNINSTALLED.

Last edited:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
What is opposite of average?
I don't know :D

Not sure if this should be good or bad news
Tencent stock plummets after that a state media called gaming is like opium.
Good news that it maybe will lesser studios willing to be acquired by a lesser valued Tencent or something like that, (I don't know how business will be affected by this).
Bad news since CCP is so good at ruining it's own culture and business by destroying it by themselves

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Tried Grime demo on a whim.
Can't attack. With Xbox Controller or Keyboard. No mention of it in the Steam forum, just an old June 15 post mentioning the bug to the dev, which replied they would look into it.

How to unsell me your game.

edit -
Went full keyboard, tried to change buttons, nothing, couldn't get out of the 'assign new button' windows. UNINSTALLED.
Did you progress a tiny bit?
Because the game does not give you a way to attack early on, only parry.

• Sad
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Did you progress a tiny bit?
Because the game does not give you a way to attack early on, only parry.
I readily admit I can be dumb, but hey ! :cryblob:

That being said, as I had absolutely nothing to play in the 1300+ games in my library, and was super bored, I tried something. Turned out it was the stupid wireless dongle from my logitech keyboard that was making the game go mad.
Finished the demo and now I'm not sure of myself. On one hand I like the weird aesthetic, on the other yeah, it's fucking 2d Dark Souls and I'm not really in the mood to rage and maybe ultimately not being able to finish the game. Annoying, I liked the demo.
Mmh, Death Door + Grime = 30 something euros on Humble :thinking-face:
But that's not how I will be able to afford a Deck :thinking-face::thinking-face:

-

About the not want to rage thing, it's worth noting that all the games that tempted me to install were Souls-like. Like Blasphemous or Hellpoint. I have issues. But is it my fault if I don't care for hard bosses but love the sense of adventure in these games ? Well, yeah, probably. But my point still stands ! Or something.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I played Grime Demo for half an hour. My biggest takeaway is that they should have shown armor in that freaking trailer (they do show them in screenshots). I really thought we need to stare at a naked man throughout the whole game!

The gameplay is indeed pretty good. I like how the game revolves around the absorb ability. It has three uses so far: (1) parry (even ranged attacks), (2) absorb enemy to build up breath, which can be used to recover HP, and (3) absorb each enemy for a number of times to grant you access to skills. This is definitely an indication of a good design.

Developer says it lasts for 15-20 hours. At the moment I crave for meatier experience so I will get it down the road.
About the not want to rage thing, it's worth noting that all the games that tempted me to install were Souls-like. Like Blasphemous or Hellpoint. I have issues. But is it my fault if I don't care for hard bosses but love the sense of adventure in these games ? Well, yeah, probably. But my point still stands ! Or something.
I am very interested in both Blasphemous and Hellpoint, but I need to really sit down and play Dark Souls first. It has been sitting in my library for a while but I always prefer starting other games over it. My plate is kinda full right now, maybe I will start it around the beginning of next year.

Last edited:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Vice City is cool and all, but I what I really want is GTA 1 and 2 available easily. Put them up for a fiver each on GOG.
Maybe there's content in there that won't slide nowadays and that's why they're in Davy Jones' locker? It's been a very long time since I played them.

• This!
Reactions: FunnyJay

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I backed Psychonauts 2, so I have that coming my way at some point. Black Geyser looks like it could be good too, but with Pathfinder: WotR just around the corner I probably won't pick it up right away.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Now that we now more of how badly EGS has been doing, at least in certain time periods, I wonder how bad PC game pass is doing. As in, how many are only subbed to PC game pass, not ultimate.

No doubt Valve is the one make profit on PC. Epic pouring out money for exclusives that don't sell and multistore releases that doesn't seem to sell (at least devs don't seem to care about advertising for the EGS version) and then Microsoft who is pouring money into game pass PC, definetly losing money.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I was going to buy the Expansion pass for Shadow of Mordor since it's quite cheap on Humble Store. But seeing that the reviews are mostly negative I might hold on buying it. Are the dlcs really that bad?

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Weird, any idea why?
No reasons given

Hey everyone!

We would like to announce that we are closing sales of the Skylar & Plux: Adventure on Clover Island title on Steam, we really appreciate everyone that joined us on the journey on Clover Island and we wish you the best!

With gratitude,

Grip Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.