Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
Then don't advertise his video.
I have nothing against this person, but he is clearly, at least I hope, putting the money he earns from streaming shit abusive games into shit abusive games in order to make a video on you know what and earn some more from, well the same.
He is nothing. Let's hope that the game is not a win for Activision and let's forget it.

I don't mean it against you, it's just that maybe there is a time when all is said and done and we are all collectively looking at a pit of shit. And some people are only too glad to profit from our fascination by making bank on this.

I understand the principle and not wanting the practices to generalize, though. What I mean is that he is part of the system, not worth of our attention.
Ooh you are absolutely correct. Maybe giving the video exposure was not the best idea. Although, with this dystopian shit, ignoring the practice is not an option in my opinion. I am deleting the link to the video.

Last edited:

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I’m moving into a new apartment tomorrow (also my birthday lol) so money will be tight this month. I’m still gonna try to get Spider-Man but I’m not sure if I’ll get anything else for a bit. Cult of the Lamb isn’t too expensive so I might get that as well.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Great OP, Mor ! Lot's of new games coming this month.

And funny enough, instead of playing anything on Steam or my Deck, I'm currently super busy playing Bravely Default on my aging 3DS. Love it's take on the classic Final Fantasy turn-based combat and surprisingly good writing.

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
Lots of us moving into new places this month :jj_sweet:
I'm hopeful that settlement on the house we're buying will be in the next two weeks, but it keeps getting pushed back by minor stuff. Grrr. Anyways, I don't think I'll be picking up any new games this month. I'd like a few, like Spooderman (never had a PS4 or PS5 to play that on), South of the Circle, Midnight Fight Express, etc. I'm sure I'll grab a bundle or two, though, and my never ending backlog along with Steam Deck will keep me occupied nicely.

Also having some medical issues that I'm hoping to have more information on in a couple of days. Whew. :wd_heart:

Edit: Currently playing Murder By Numbers, Disco Elysium, Fe, and Cats Organized Neatly

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I'm so pissed at Atom RPG right now! After exploring a certain location, a gang steels EVERYTHING in my inventory, including all my weapons, healing items, gear and money. Taking them back is not an option since the gang members can one shot kill me, and I don't have a save from before entering that location. I can't believe how such terrible game design was approved by the testers, or why the devs thought this was fun for anyone... 😡

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I'm so pissed at Atom RPG right now! After exploring a certain location, a gang steels EVERYTHING in my inventory, including all my weapons, healing items, gear and money. Taking them back is not an option since the gang members can one shot kill me, and I don't have a save from before entering that location. I can't believe how such terrible game design was approved by the testers, or why the devs thought this was fun for anyone... 😡
Not knowing what you can do now, since I haven't played the game I would recommend Cheat Engine to recover your stuff

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I remember a bit like that! Ridiculous.

I saved scummed it. Luckily i had a recent save so I kept trying to put all my good stuff in a locker and kept a load of junk and a bit of cash on me and after a few failed attempts they accepted it and moved on, then i could go pick up all my stuff. Totally unfair rubbish game design.

I bounced off the game soon after that though.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
FINALLY

FINALLY SPIDER MAN ON PC YESSSS

dex3108 WE WAITED SO LONG
While I appreciate most of Sony's first party games Spider-Man on PS4 never clicked for me. The traversal was just annoying. Tried it twice, never played more than an hour.

All other ports / announced ports I already beat on PS4 with zero interest in playing ever again. The games I WOULD play again will probably never be ported (Gravity Rush, Bloodborne).

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
While I appreciate most of Sony's first party games Spider-Man on PS4 never clicked for me. The traversal was just annoying. Tried it twice, never played more than an hour.

All other ports / announced ports I already beat on PS4 with zero interest in playing ever again. The games I WOULD play again will probably never be ported (Gravity Rush, Bloodborne).
I recently played through the updated version on PS5 myself; I could have waited on the Steam port, but I decided to settle so I could get it cheaper (using the "upgrade" from Miles Morales).

Its a great game overall, lots of variety and creativity you can pull with the combat in particular, but I was super ready for the game to end by the time I was at the last mission (I did all the side stuff except for the random crimes). I was mega burned out on it, and when I saw that City That Never Sleeps (the three part DLC campaign) had a lot more of the same, I was out of there in a hurry. Deleted instantly after rolling credits, and decided to wait at least half a year before attemping Miles Morales. I'll admit, I am curious about how much better it looks on my PC, but considering how crazy high Sony's Steam pricing is, itll be a while before I even think about double dipping..

Oh, and thanks for the thread Mor! Great work as usual! :blobmorning2:

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
FREE for Prime members:

Starcraft: Remastered
(battle.net)
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders
Beasts of Maravilla Island
Recompile
ScourgeBringer
Family Mysteries: Poisonous Promises

Beat Cop is FREE @ AlienwareArena

+1 and drops cards

Click the "11" icon if the giveaway doesn't pop-up:

Last edited:

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
Beatrefle (Massage Freaks) uncesored patch for Steam version is avilable on publisher site:

Just saying this month releases, in just 3 days.

I'm a big fan of Sei Shoujo artist so it's already on my to buy list ^^. Great to see this on Steam and waiting for uncesored patch after release.

Last edited:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Yay new thread!

Spooder-Men too pricy for me to double dip (already cleared it on PS4), but will be grabbing Morales as soon as that hits. Fanatical had a pretty solid discount for Cult of the Lamb so pre-ordered that so far.

Reactions: Tomasety

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Doesn't the camera look totally weird here when out of combat? Butt cam instead of bat cam? Something's off with it.

Her battle animations are also weird, I guess they'te trying to give characters their own personality but hers seems to be completely ineffective flailing at odds with the previous arkham games' brutal and hard hitting animations that made combat fun and somewhat down to earth (but I guess it fit batman's buff build).

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Well today i broke and bought new phone after 4 and a half years. I couldn't deal with earphone speaker on my old Galaxy S9, i barely could hear people speaking. i really tried to keep this phone, i even changed batter at the official service few months ago. But dropping more money to fix it again just wasn't worth it. So i went and bought S22. I just hope that it will serve me well for the next at least 4 years like my previous 2 phones did (Nexus 5 and Galaxy s9).

Status
Not open for further replies.