Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Lots of games coming this month. Will be waiting for Saints Row on Steam though.

Looks to be an amazing month.

I want 5 of them (CotL, Madden, Spider-Man, SH2, PacMan) but will probably just pick up 1 or 2 at most. Not enough time to play all this shit.

Also its August already time is flying so fast :surrenderblob:

I spent all of July playing Rogue Legacy 2 and FF7R. Beat RL2 game was ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐. Such a perfect game for Deck.

This month I am just gonna chip away at backlog until I buy something new. Currently playing Circle of the Moon on Deck and its so good but hard asf. I don't know how people were beating these games back in the day on the Advance. I am out here save scumming just to get out of rooms with basic enemies wtf. The boss fights are brutal too.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
ScummVM 2.6 released, lots of games added (like The 11th Hour 👀) and bugs fixed

Buy this game. It's so good.
I need to play PoE1 first before that :sleepy-face:
I’m still playing Elden Ring haha
Me and my Starship Titanic :blobclosecry:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
This is funny for a large number of reasons some of what some of you may now.

First and foremost..... Don't rely on third party stuff. Say what you will about MS and Halo and stuff but they at least have a first party FPS game with online multiplayer..... That's one of the things that Sony has never been able to nail down and instead had to rely on both CoD and Destiny (Overwatch not so much). During the PS360 era Xbox was the one that was more popular than PS and was also the one that had the CoD timed exclusive deal. But then the XboxOne didn't sell as well as the PS4 and thus CoD moved to PS and we are in the current situation now because of that.

Also this just shows the sad state that online multiplayer FPS games are in on console were CoD is your only real option.

CoD is as popular as it is because of how easy it is to play (insanely casual friendly)

This statement is basically saying that, Sony without CoD would be screwed since the more casual gamers (also likely the ones that don't care about the campaign and mostly just play multiplayer) are more likely to buy which ever consoles has CoD.

So if Sony had enough money and could buy Activision (without it having to cause Sony to close whole divisions because of the cost of it. They would make CoD PS exclusive.

I myself don't really play CoD, I can see why people enjoy it but some of the stuff that made that game fun has moved on to Respawn.

It will suck in the long run for those on PS that want to play a new COD but I imagine that by the time that happens that the gaming industry will be different compared to right now and you might just be able to use your PS5 controller on your Sony Bravia TV while using the Xbox XCloud app on said TV.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Been playing Hitman 3 a bunch. I really have to resist the urge to just power through the levels to see the story. Kind of an unexpected thing to be really interested in.

I'm up to the Chongqing map at the moment, played through it and next up is clean up bunch of challenges.

And trying to beat LEANIJA in leaderboards. :evilblob: No use even trying to go after BernardoOne . :grinning-face:

Having a weird issue with the online functionality though, I get a short disconnect/reconnect blip every 58 minutes or so. I don't think it's my connection crapping out. But maybe I should get some kind of connection monitoring tool anyway just to rule it out.

Last edited:

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

If you pre-purchased Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered on PC, the title was incorrectly priced in these markets;

• Australia
  • Israel
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Switzerland
  • UK

We have now fixed this issue. Other markets have not been affected. If you pre-purchased the title AND are from any of the above markets, you will want to follow the steps below to ensure you receive the correct lower price.

1. Cancel your current pre-purchase of Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered on PC to receive a full refund
  2. Pre-purchase Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered again to receive the corrected lower price point before August 12th to receive early unlock bonuses

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
my first question would have to be how did they not notice they had mispriced the game in the first place?

secondly, can’t they auto cancel the pre orders? Other companies are forever doing it when the wrong price is in our favour. Yet here, when it’s in their favour, you have to manually do it. The cynic in me wants to say that they are hoping people don’t notice.

£50 is better, but still too expensive for me.

Satori

Apr 5, 2022
Sweden
From 769 ($80) to 599 ($62) ? 170 NOK / $18 reduction.. so they where trying to charge PS5 game prices.
They did something similar with Horizon Zero Dawn / Days gone but reverse.. changed it from 349 ($36) to 549 ($57) after release. 200 NOK / $21 increase

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Horizon was mispriced in UK too, though in that instance it was under rather than over.

I got it at the reduced price and Sony/Steam honoured the price I paid.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Horizon was mispriced in UK too, though in that instance it was under rather than over.

I thought the uk price had dropped. For some reason I thought it was originally £60 in the UK.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Been playing Hitman 3 a bunch. I really have to resist the urge to just power through the levels to see the story. Kind of an unexpected thing to be really interested in.

I'm up to the Chongqing map at the moment, played through it and next up is clean up bunch of challenges.

And trying to beat LEANIJA in leaderboards. :evilblob: No use even trying to go after BernardoOne . :grinning-face:

Having a weird issue with the online functionality though, I get a short disconnect/reconnect blip every 58 minutes or so. I don't think it's my connection spazzing out. But maybe I should get some kind of connection monitoring tool anyway just to rule it out.
Im gonna have to take a close look at the leaderboards and see if I can improve my scores so you will NEVER overtake me (evil laugh)

Im not sure if my scores in Hitman 3 are my best efforts anyway, as I already played these maps on Stadia when the game came out, and the older maps of course in the older games. (I hope this didnt sound pompous!)

BernardoOne are we friends on Steam? If not, add me so I can take a look at your stats as well :D

BTW–I just gave the new map a first visit yesterday, but I was already super tired and about to go to bed, so I didnt do it with a real effort and just went guns blazing :p which didnt work out so well. Come to think of it, it doesnt really work out a lot of times :p

my first question would have to be how did they not notice they had mispriced the game in the first place?

secondly, can’t they auto cancel the pre orders? Other companies are forever doing it when the wrong price is in our favour. Yet here, when it’s in their favour, you have to manually do it. The cynic in me wants to say that they are hoping people don’t notice.

£50 is better, but still too expensive for me.
My guess is that "the game was mispriced" translates to "nobody bought it at our insane price so we reluctantly will reduce the price"

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Also, how is Cloudpunk? It's currently on sale right now and it's been sitting on my wishlist for some time.
I thought the game was really good. The highlights are obviously the visuals/music/atmosphere of the cyberpunk city they've built. The actual gameplay isn't particularly complex or stimulating... you basically just fly around from point to point to complete missions. You can also park your vehicle and explore small bits of the city on foot. There were some performance issues when I played but I believe they were fixed after I finished it. They also added a first person view option which I expect will be stunning. I took me about 14 hours to finish the game but I did spend some time visiting places that were not required on the critical path of the story.

I guess the question is do you enjoy the 'walking simulator' type of game? Because that's what this is, except you're not strictly walking. The appeal is the atmosphere and to some extent the (passable, not great) story. I think it's worth it for the current price.

In my country Horizon released with Valve's recommended pricing. Then a year later their next game (Days Gone?) came in at 3x the recommended pricing. And then Sony decided to hike the price of Horizon as well and tripled it to match. Just a straight fuck you from Sony.

---

I just spent a while looking around for a particular kind of game and fell into a (pleasantly) large hole of completed and WIP stuff that looks super interesting to me. But one game I came across just made me think.

It's a GZDoom game called Mala Petaka being developed by one guy. It looks like this;

It's a WIP game and he puts out point release demos from time to time. In fact, the newest demo was supposed to go up on Steam on July 31st, but it didn't. Why not? Because this guy is from Indonesia and Steam got banned the day before he was going to release it.

Can't imagine how heartbreaking that must have been for him. These old farts in government who make these decisions don't understand the damaging consequences of their actions when they try to impose their dominance over others (which is always what these bans come down to). I'm sure the Steam situation will eventually get resolved for Indonesia and the game will show up there but imagine if that wasn't the case. Imagine you spend months and years making a GZDoom 'boomer shooter' (which is not what this strictly is) and then you can't distribute on Steam. That's all your work down the drain. The GPL license means it'll never be on consoles. And on PC you can't distribute on the one marketplace where you have any hope of commercial success.

Nobody should have to feel like this

Anyway if you are at all interested in this kind of game then maybe follow the guy on Twitter and have a look at his game when the Steam situation over there gets resolved.

---

Okay the next part of this post was meant to talk about a similar (game banning) issue happening in my country but it turned into a nearly unhinged rant about how rubbish my government is. It has nothing to do with Steam so feel free to ignore it. I should probably just have deleted it but meh... you've been warned.

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

Last edited:

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
You all with your new shiny games. I’m still playing Elden Ring haha
Playing games? How dare, the great thing is just collect them.
Joking apart I usually just buy some games, specially the licensed or the controversial ones fearing they get delisted without publishers making previously statements; no intention or time to play them anytime soon.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
Well today i broke and bought new phone after 4 and a half years. I couldn't deal with earphone speaker on my old Galaxy S9, i barely could hear people speaking.
Unless you've actually dropped the phone, the speaker might not be broken but rather just full of dead skin and other random dirt.
I would know because I've had the same problem on a couple of different phones over the years.
If you still have the phone, you can try lightly tapping the speaker area with a toothbrush and see if that helps.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Unless you've actually dropped the phone, the speaker might not be broken but rather just full of dead skin and other random dirt.
I would know because I've had the same problem on a couple of different phones over the years.
If you still have the phone, you can try lightly tapping the speaker area with a toothbrush and see if that helps.
I will try but if it is that issue it would gradually lower power but this was basically sudden. It started like month ago and rapidly went more and more silent.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I refused to buy any games before finishing Xenoblade 3. But the current sale is pretty tempting. Fable, Undermine, Tales of Vesperia, Dysmantle, Hyper Light Drifter (this one seldom goes on sale)... All of them seem great fit to the Deck.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Is that good news? I haven't fully followed the story, but I am sure people were actually happy that the corporations weren't giving up the data to the state?
Yes people have their accounts again, but at what cost.

Maybe I am wrong though as I haven't fully gone into it.
It seems to be very unclear how and what data is being shared here, nor how such sharing would even be facilitated in practice. I hope more details about this comes to light in the future.

Reactions: Tomasety

Satori

Apr 5, 2022
Sweden

Great for those who got it, but its extremely shitty for the rest of countries. It's more than 200% more expensive in India, its outrageous.
PC gamer is garbage.
They write "Valve is reaching out to users" and link to a post from Sony.
Sony set the prices.. Sony knows what they are doing. This is the third game that has had its price changed by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.