Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
So far I like the story. I am more annoyed by some small things mostly related to lower budget. Like lack of choices, lack of fully voiced scenes regarding side quests, map based world, lackluster exploration...
It definitely shows that they cut corners. For example, the game is ultimately small in scope, there aren't a lot of maps, and sometimes you only need to travel like 2 maps to get from one city to another. I would also like more enemy variety.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I did enjoy ToA up until a certain point when it got very frustrating with the combo of how stingy it is with resource management and damage sponge fights

• Eyes

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Tales of games are usually longer than they should be, at least those Tales games I played. ToB overstayed its welcome a little bit, it should be around 10-15 hours shorter. I did not have this issue with ToA, however. I also disagree with "return to form" because I also think ToB was an overall superior game so there is nothing to return to.

• Eyes

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
I was very excited for lost ark when it first came out and put in a decent chunk of time but a lot of that was because I wanted to play the game for so long. I heard about Lost Ark in like 2014? or whenever it first got announced in Korea and they did their first trailer and it looked amazing.
I still remember that trailer. I was blown away by how good it looked at the time, and I had wanted to play the game for 8 years until it finally happened. I was super impressed again when I watched it recently and realized how much of that trailer is actually in the game. The trailer came out about 5 years before the game launched. How many games look the same as they used to after 5 years of development?

I appreciate reading the thoughts of others who played the game. It seems like quite a few folks moved on from it when the grindy Korean MMO mechanics revealed themselves. It's to be expected of course, but it's still interesting to me to get first hand accounts of this happening.

There's a RU + CIS sub displayed on Steamdb. Bukka might have sold RoW keys when the game released which is kind of weird but that would explain the need of changing region which is obviously not a good idea in general.

Nevertheless that might have been maybe just release day until they got RU + CIS keys. This is just a theory, but reveals many publishers are eager to sell their games again in Russia and old soviet territories, afterall Russia is a major region for PC gaming as people have said before this post.
Now this is interesting. This RU/CIS sub was created only a few days ago, after I last saw the SteamDB page. You have to wonder what their motivation was to create a separate sub and then explicitly allow RU and BY to use those keys when their policy is to block sales in those countries. I assume these keys are still not being sold in Russia so is Sony expecting RU customers to buy it from the other CIS countries when they become available? This sub was created 2 days before the launch of the game. Did somebody over there notice that their pre-orders were kind of low and then did this to try and make up for it?

EDIT:

Paradox announced that they are increasing the price of CK3 DLCs, both current and future. And by increasing I mean almost doubling. And by CK3 they mean all their games eventually.

Last edited:

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Cult of the Lamb has a legitimately fun gameplay loop. I tried a few minutes of the demo during one of the Next fests and just picked it up this weekend. :smiling-face-with-horns: Plays well on the Steam Deck so far.

Also, I cannot stress enough how much I like the Add to Library button on Steam. Holy moly it is game changing. I can actually redeem free things in mobile and not have it go wacky. Now if Valve just added buttons separating Add to Cart and Checkout (or had it be two button clicks at the very least) :blobmelt:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
HEY EVERYONE!!!

More cult related activities coming up in about 10 minutes! Though as I mention in the title, our cult is becoming more of a retirement home these days. Last time we lost lashman and RiruLumi to old age, and the heart and soul of our cult.. Toot. You were the best of us and we'll never forget you Toot! :crying-face:

Also I may or may not have taken back the necklace I gifted to Toot which upset a lot of followers.
I totally did.

We'll be starting in about 10 minutes!

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I have to say I wasn't overly impressed by ToA. People see it as a "return to form" for the series of sorts, and it certainly sold very well, but outside of graphics I think I prefer Berseria to it in all other aspects.
To be honest visuals are big reason why i even decided to play it. I am not JRPG fan and i don't play JRPG games but this is leaning west enough for me to enjoy it. And honestly i know that as newcomer i kinda don't have right to say this but i would like for them to lean even more west.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Thinking of dropping Age of Wonders III. I’m worried nothing seems to stick with me.
First it’s faaar too much Homm and I don’t like Homm because I’m bad at it. The building and science trees are a joke. And there is a general lack of clarity in the UI, the feeling that it does the job but could have been better organized and clear.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Digimon Survive won't let you see the attack range of enemy units on the map, only their movement range, weird.
If it let you do that the system would be just as good as Utawarerumono's.

• Eyes

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I really hope Sony hurries up and release Gran Turismo 7 on PC. Despite it's mtx shenanigans it's a very good game and possibly my favorite from the PS5 library.
Ive been holding out myself, as I wasnt about to pay 70 bucks for a game so awash in MTX - Sony nixed all regional pricing this generation, even on their physical games. I ended up waiting so long that I may as well wait a little longer and nab the PC version (when an appropriate deal comes along).

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
QuakeCon 2022 sale is going on:
If you watch the stream in the link above for at least 10 minutes, you'll receive five QuakeCon-themed animated avatars and one avatar frame. Make sure you're logged in!

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I don't know, playing devil's advocate for a minute, let me remind you that Sable, a game with a sorta comparable art style, has a peak of 763 players (wtf, it feels very low). Maybe people just don't like this art style.
And to add insult to injury, it's a sport game, not the most loved genre with the geeks.

Now I could be wrong and there is a very bad factor in the equation, but this doesn't surprise me at first glance. Quasi no PR, too

Edit
And another unsurprising bomba, just received the Choice for 8$ offer.

Last edited:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I wonder if Humankind is good. I vaguely recall some reviews saying the victory conditions were a little too luck based / uncontrollable ?
Might be remembering it wrong.
It's not the worst 4x game on Steam but it's the worst 4x game Amplitude has put out. They've had a year of a few big patches and ended up just disabling one of the late-game mechanics (pollution) because they could not actually make it function in any way that didn't end the game in a few turns in an auto loss (including if the AI built pollution which was the main issue).

It's BETTER than it was, for sure, and I eventually will revisit it, but it's so, so disappointing - they had a really good premise and just clearly rushed it out the door way too early. I would still consider it to be in early access. and they have some pretty big system changes they're trying to figure out for the road ahead.

They also kept putting out time-limited challenges to unlock "avatars" in-game which the community UNIVERSALLY asked them to stop and they did it twice more before finally just... not doing that content at all instead of making it not time limited.

I know it's a smaller studio but it feels like their management needs to change, because people solved a lot of the balance problems with math in the forum and just got ignored by the team.

Edit: I will say, the victory conditions were never luck based or uncontrollable in my 3-4 games I finished. The "pollution" loss condition was an issue but that's removed by default, and in the initial release 99% of the time you were just going to win via tech no matter what you chose to do for the first 9/10 of the game because it was so stupendously fast once you got to the final age. That has been rebalanced but I'm not clear how much just from reading the notes.

Edit 2 because I forgot I was going to say this: All that said, I'd still play this again over Civ 5/6 because I have hundreds of hours in both those games and honestly don't feel like there's anything new to experience in them, but at least in Humankind I can goof around with different histories

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
When would you say was the year we transitioned from CRT to LCD on PC ?
Asking for a neurotic friend who want to play games with scanlines when it makes sense.

• Eyes

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
When would you say was the year we transitioned from CRT to LCD on PC ?
Asking for a neurotic friend who want to play games with scanlines when it makes sense.
I can only speak for myself, but I think had my old CRT monitor until about 2010, and I think we originally bought it in 2005.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I wonder if Humankind is good. I vaguely recall some reviews saying the victory conditions were a little too luck based / uncontrollable ?
Might be remembering it wrong.

Still thirsty for pc as fuck games right now. Still haven’t played anything because old your horse, cowboy.
And also still trying to understand if I should shell out an unreasonable amount on a gpu now or wait, and if I would really appreciate RT anyways.
The whole mix'n'match your own culture stuff that was supposed to make the game stand out is completely vapid and shallow and pointless.
Taking that aside, it's literally just a less content rich, less deep version of CivVI. Almost all other mechanics are almost the exact same.

• Hug
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao
Status
Not open for further replies.