Community MetaSteam | August 2022 - Remember Ringo, With Great Power Comes No Regional Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Do you think those games are getting delisted soon?

Also can anyone confirm if Hitman 3 is Steam key?
Probably not delisted. The ownership of the IP and publishing rights have just transferred to Embracer, so Square Enix is just offloading surplus stock. Digital keys are probably not meant to be part of that (as the keys are only activated at point of sale) and someone at SE NA goofed well good.

Hitman 3 is likely EGS key. The SKU number points to the January 2021 release, when the game wasn't available on Steam. Add in the fact that it's a retail version, and odds are 99.9% that this version of the game is likely the physical release that's been sitting in SE's warehouse for 18-20 months.

Reactions: Tomasety

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Once again, UK and EU screwed, as there's no Steam code sales in those territories. I've done an order for GOTG Steam on the US store, using UK Paypal, but it's going through multiple verification steps, so don't have a lot of hope for actually getting it.
Payed via PayPal and got a key, so it's not impossible to get. I also gave them a complete bogus address and name.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Tried buying the games. Maybe I shouldn't have used the White House as a address :p

"Dear customer,

Thank you for placing an order on our site Square Enix Store.
Your order requires additional verification by our services before being validated.
During our verification, we may need to contact you and ask for further information. Your order will be processed within the next few hours, after which you will receive a confirmation email.
If you have not received a confirmation email within 48 hours, please contact us"
I got this message second time after I got mine, wonder if I chose wrong country to let the process through

• Eyes

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I'm ok with Sony flubbing up. They haven't been a JP focused company for a long time now and if that market (and others) abandons them they deserve it. You don't have to get riled up or feel pity for JP gamers lol. Sentiment against PlayStation has been building for some time, this is reflected in the data (lost market share). A portion of the market is siphoned to PC, the majority to Nintendo.

... And that's where we've seen the majority of 3rd party devs move to. :fingergunsblob:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I'm ok with Sony flubbing up. They haven't been a JP focused company for a long time now and if that market (and others) abandons them they deserve it. You don't have to get riled up or feel pity for JP gamers lol. Sentiment against PlayStation has been building for some time, this is reflected in the data (lost market share). A portion of the market is siphoned to PC, the majority to Nintendo.

... And that's where we've seen the majority of 3rd party devs move to. :fingergunsblob:
Yes. And things going to Switch will be on PC eventually. It's a win for all of us.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Why do you say that ?
Looking on Twitter and ResetEra, people are just saying "they are increasing the price by $40USD and you and you have people making a huge deal about it.

So instead of criticizing Sony for their current practices they are defending Sony (not justifying the price increase but rather belittling it and the people that don't like the price increase)

• Eyes

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I don’t feel like that’s true at all there are a lot of people rightly giving them shit because of the price increase, ofc there’s also a shitty defence force but the opinion is far from being unanimous

even on their blog

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Curious how Starfield will do on PC game pass considering the modding problems it has.

I expect people to try it on game pass then quickly switch to Steam when they realize they need to properly mod the game to make it better.

In some way what is happening to Warhammer 3 right now. Immortal Empire really boosted the Steam verison on the top seller list.

Also, imagine playing a Bethesda RPG on console, I remember trying Fallout 3, 4 and Skyrim on my Xbox.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

I finished this in two sittings. It was a really good Telltale style interactive movie. It suffers the same shortcomings of all titles in that category by having several fixed convergence points, but just looking at the flowcharts, it looks more varied than something like The Walking Dead. I was looking for a well told story and I got that so I'm pretty satisfied.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
I'm sure Embracer will be wringing as much cash as humanly possible out of those games. They'll be in a Humble Choice or Bundle eventually.

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
Curious how Starfield will do on PC game pass considering the modding problems it has.

I expect people to try it on game pass then quickly switch to Steam when they realize they need to properly mod the game to make it better.

In some way what is happening to Warhammer 3 right now. Immortal Empire really boosted the Steam verison on the top seller list.

Also, imagine playing a Bethesda RPG on console, I remember trying Fallout 3, 4 and Skyrim on my Xbox.

I tried playing Bethesda games on a Playstation 3. How that ever got through QA.

• Eyes
  • Toucan
Reactions: Tomasety and Satori

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
I played Oblivion on Xbox 360 which was... fine. That was my first Elder Scrolls game so I really knew no better. Every other Bethesda game I've played has been on PC.

• Eyes

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Mods. like indie games, are used by console manufacturers when the narrative suits them and then they're promptly discarded.

Kudos for trying though.
Yup.

And there has not even been a single word from Beth or MS wherever Starfield will support it on Xbox or Windows Store.

Sure but mods are still there for QoL thing you wanted.
Carryweight and tgm are not mods, they are console commands. Like cheats without a trainer.

• Eyes

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Andersson, the game designer of Heat-inspired heist games Payday and Payday 2, admitted that he felt there was more he wanted to do with the heist genre. “It feels like it’s an unclosed chapter, right?” Ulf says, “I gotta do that properly.”

“So for me, this game is a game that just has to be made.” adds Andersson. “I’m back on the heist shit, basically – so it’s a heist cooperative FPS, and it has a sort of a techno-thriller theme. I read a lot of sci-fi books, and so imagine everything that cyberpunk is inspired by, and a ton of other shit.”

Pointing back at his work with Payday, Andersson says 10 Chambers’ forthcoming game would likely feel very different. “This one won’t be constant shooting,” he adds. “Payday had a massive problem where the action would ramp up and then it would just stay ramped up.”
I never knew that the CEO of 10 Chambers was the designer of Payday. This will probably be better than Payday 3.

I'm looking forward to it.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Reactions: lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
SkillUp has a long interview together with some other folks with Lawrence Yang.

So it looks like both Lawrence and Pierre will be at TGS next month in person.

What Lawrence is doing is pretty nice, like it was mentioned by the people doing the interview he has become the face of Steam Deck.

Valve does have multiple projects and depending on what it is that you are looking at, you might hear more about that project from certain people at Valve.

The main Valve account that you hear a lot more and that does a lot more interactions with it's community is by Far "CSGODev" (even the main Dota thing is almost 99% patch notes from what I have seen).

I think Steam VR use to have a "representative" but not really anymore (that might change once Deckard and SteamVR 2.0 comes out).

And Steam Dev Biz also has two main people.

Gabe DM me if you want that $500 to finish making HL3.

There were some interesting questions asked (some of which are just variants of already asked questions)

So I'm based of what has been said a Steam Deck MK2 will not be released until they feel that there is a big enough reason to make a new one (so if they were able to figure out the OLED and battery life thing and add at least 1-2 more hours to the current battery some how that would possibly warrant a new iteration.

It's a great idea that Valve is making those booklets for TGS next month seeing how people at Apple (didn't even know who Valve was back in 2015). Since Lawrence worked at Apple and was going to work for Valve around the time of the HTC Vive, his coworker thought he was going to work for a plumbing company.

So what "SteamBoy" (SmashZ) got sued because of how even Valve thought about a possible Steam mobile device back in 2012.

I was wondering if they would have asked if Valve would announce big milestones for the device, like if thet would announce once they have shipped 1 million units (which In this case would be 1 million units sold)

The how thing about bug fixes was by far one of the more interesting things and his hardware is different (if something is wrong with hardware, it may take 6 months or more before the issue is solved(fixed) but with Steam Deck they are able to push out quick updated while it can take 6-12 months for updates to be released on consoles (it's likely because they are going very crazy heavy QC stuff so that it doesn't break anything.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
By the way the whole "take an L" thing from Soul Hackers 2 makes a lot more sense now after playing the game.

You have to fight a rapper in the game and he rymes, so after you beat him Ringo says "take the L" to ryme with "hell".

It looks like in the original Japanese versions she says "You Know" in English since it rymes with this other Japanese word and is basically supposed to be dissing the guy you just beat.

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.