Community MetaSteam | August 2024 - What a peaceful moment in the countryside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Computer Cowboy šŸ¤ 
Finished Suicide Squad last night and had a really good time overall? My only complaint is that the mission types are kinda weird and repetitive the way Destiny is, but I played a buttload of Destiny so I'm not surprised they followed that design. I got it for $20 on the last sale and I am not upset at the value per dollar I got. The game is generally quite pretty, the cutscene production is stellar, and the story was solid enough to keep me interested the whole way through (I also did not mind the personality of the squad, they did not cross over to annoying for me). It's a weird mash-up of Sunset Overdrive and Destiny, but the gameplay felt really tight as Deadshot and I loved his jetpack.

I am also enjoying Gotham Knights in co-op with my brother so I might just be broken lol.
This isn't allowed, sorry. The MC score was not high enough thus your fun is invalid.

Hand in your gamer badge and gun.

• Toucan
Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com
This isn't allowed, sorry. The MC score was not high enough thus your fun is invalid.

Hand in your gamer badge and gun.
Ok :(

I do think I have become easier to please gaming-wise as I get older. It took me 17ish hours to get to the end of the game and at no point did I feel like I wasn't having a good time. I'm also planning on playing a bit of the post game content to see if I can knock out a couple more achievements lol.

didamangi

Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit.
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
I do think I have become easier to please gaming-wise as I get older. It took me 17ish hours to get to the end of the game and at no point did I feel like I wasn't having a good time. I'm also planning on playing a bit of the post game content to see if I can knock out a couple more achievements lol.
It's a nice feeling to find a game that most people don't like but turns out it's fun for you. At least for me, it's a pleasant surprise. Wanted: Dead was the latest game of that type for me.

Will checked out Suicide Squad later when it's inevitably come to humble choice/game pass/free on epic.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I won't be buying anything until Metaphor. I'm actually feeling overwhelmed with the game's I'm tackling now, between wrapping up SMTV, emulation and backlog.

BTW, did GMG honor that price mistake on Metaphor?

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I keep forgetting Gamescom ONL is happening this month. And TGS late next month.

I'm thinking we get Snake Eater Delta release date at one of those events.

Nintendo could maybe drop the Switch 2 teaser at one of the events. Valve could tease Deadlock too.

But yea I don't see anything big or new getting announced. Maybe Rockstar reveals RDR1 for PC but they always do their own thing.

Also I wonder what Sony does after Ragnarok. We all assume TLOU2 is coming but they likely hold it until the show early next year. So there will be a lot of time between Sept and lets say February. Enough time to fit another game in the schedule somewhere in lets say...Nov or Dec. So they stay consistent for the year.

Reactions: lashman

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
99% of gaming discourse is toxic waste, but the things that this community can achieve is incredible.
Being able to play those Saturn games I missed out on back in the day because they weren't released outside of Japan, thanks to these incredible emulators and fan translation, is amazing. It took a while but I'm finally filling those gaps, and I'm even doing it on a handheld. Fantastic stuff.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
99% of gaming discourse is toxic waste, but the things that this community can achieve is incredible.
Being able to play those Saturn games I missed out on back in the day because they weren't released outside of Japan, thanks to these incredible emulators and fan translation, is amazing. It took a while but I'm finally filling those gaps, and I'm even doing it on a handheld. Fantastic stuff.
The Saturn really had tons of great games. It's too bad Sega fucked it all up by the time the console came out (and rushed it even more to be the first), on top of 2D being seen as somehow lesser to 3D in that time.
The three Shining Force 3 games are still my favourite Japanese TRPGs.
And I still wonder if we'll finally get a Panzer Dragoon Saga remake one of these days ? I see that the Panzer Dragoon remake is currently a whooping 2ā‚¬ on Steam...

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Arkane dev joins Valve

It's time for Valve to do immersive sim game XD

Meanwhile

Funny enough I also just got a rejection email from other company but it doesn't give me any feedback at all, just the usual

"Thank you for your interest in "company name". After careful consideration, we will not be moving forward with your candidacy for this position at this time.

Please visit the "company name" Careers site often as new positions are frequently posted. Again, thank you for your time and interest in "company name".

I'm not sure how I feel about these responses.

By the way with all the people that have been getting laid off from video games are there any stories of any prolific people just choosing to do something completely different or is it more of "X,Y and Z who previously worked on A,B, and C video games are now opening up their own game studio".

Nabs

HyperĖ—Toxic ProĖ—Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Oh hey nice thread ;)

steamthread com forwarded and stuff.

been playing and beating a bunch of smaller games. webbed was fun. currently giving cat quest 2 a try. theres lots of free stuff on amazon gaming if anyone has twitch prime.

Jadax

MetaMember
Oct 25, 2018
So I agree with everyone saying August already huh. Like fuck me where is the time going. Looked down, I was doing my undergrad. Looked up and I'm working, thinking of settling down, worrying about stuff I never used to before.

Life man...

Shouldn't be getting these deep thoughts on a gaming forum lol.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
What the hell is going on with Paradox, that's the 3rd of 4th game they are publishing.
This will also probably just be the precursor to shutting down development and closing of the studio, like the other studios they mismanaged.

And I asked it in the last thread 2 weeks ago:
Why do they have an aversion against Early access? All their publishing issues, quality issues, and Customer expectations would be "solved" with EA

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Italy
Why do they have an aversion against Early access? All their publishing issues, quality issues, and Customer expectations would be "solved" with EA
I feel like, deep inside, they're terrified of having a big stinker in their hands. EA is a convenient way to get some extra money, but if you release a shitty and buggy mess sales will just tank, and the bad game stigma will haunt the game forever. Same if you release a game that is simply not well designed and shows no hope of ever getting better. Yes I know you can't expect an EA game to work perfectly, but I truly believe some of their releases are currently in an "unreleasable" state, way too early to even be a beta, otherwise they wouldn't have cancelled their Sims-like, or delayed Prison Architect 2. That September release for PA2 was always just an investor fantasy, especially considering the dev change

Reactions: Kyougar

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
What the hell is going on with Paradox, that's the 3rd of 4th game they are publishing.
This will also probably just be the precursor to shutting down development and closing of the studio, like the other studios they mismanaged.
And this comes after they removed the original studio that was working on the game and handed it over to another studio that was doing maintenance for the first game. It's my opinion that Paradox is in deep, deep shit right now and Paradox publishing is not long for this world. I expect they'll shrink back to their inhouse grand strategy games soon.

Anyway, yesterday I did something I've not done in many, many years... I bought a game and actually played it and finished it. Granted, it was less than 3 hours to completion but still...

The game is

It's a comedy adventure game. Somewhat similar to Untitled Goose Game in the sense that you wander between a few interconnected small maps throughout the experience. You are told what you need to do but there's no hint at how you're supposed to do stuff so you just explore and figure it out. It's entirely linear but super duper strange so none of the objectives are ever achieved in a straightforward manner. Very, very strange and somewhat surreal game and it's extremely funny as well. Less than 3 hours for the asking price might not be for everyone but it really is an extremely unique experience. Highly recommended.

Forgot to mention that I played it completely on the deck. No issues at all.

Last edited:

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Some Sins of a Solar Empire 2 information from one of the developers on the Steam message board:

EOS:

If you play from Epic it will use EOS, if you play from Steam it will use Steamworks.

These services are only used for confirmation of ownership and any particular integrations unique to that service (e.g. Steam cloud save games).

But in general they have nothing to do with the core gameplay so both Epic and Steam players can play together.

Pricing:

Sins of a Solar Empire II is available to Wishlist now. At launch, the base game edition will be offered at a special discount price of $39.99 for a limited time (Full Price: 49.99).

Additionally, the Sins of a Solar Empire II - Premium Edition will be available for a limited-time price of $79.99 and will include the base game, first Content Pass (4 DLC: 1 small, 1 medium, and 2 expansion level) and the Sins of a Solar Empire II soundtrack (Full Price 99.99). The mentioned prices are in USD.

More details on DLC contents will arrive on or before Release (Aug 15th, 2024). There are no purchase or Pre-order options at this time, all purchase options will be at release when all info is available.

SteamDeck/Controller Support:

That is the goal but probably not at launch.

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia
Feels bad, didn't manage to get closed beta access for Tribe Nine :cry: Still looking forward to see the impressions of players that managed to get in though

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019

edit: oh I see it was posted aleady through the chart!

Last edited:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Feels like the end of an era. Traditional games media is still dying but there is no shortage of people talking about games.

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I don't really have any connection to Game Informer so I kind of don't have any feelings one way or another about it shutting down.
Sucks to anyone who is losing their job though,

The only thing I really know about GI is that people always made a big deal about their covers for some reason. And that Andy McNamara always seemed like an alright dude when he was in the giantbomb nightly shows.

Reactions: QFNS
Status
Not open for further replies.