Community MetaSteam | December 2018 - We got 99 problems, but 76 ain't one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Played more FreezeME.
It's Mario 64, like reeeally Mario 64. Not only does it pretty much plays the same (including the cartwheel), but the levels feel familiar too, with some extra Mario Galaxy on top.
Too bad that the controls are still not quite at the level of A Hat in Time, it's a bit more stiff than I'd like. But otherwise, decent levels with some little challenges as side things to collect, it fills them up nicely.

And it's on sale for 1 eurodollar, so it's hard to ask too much.

Deleted member 113

Played more FreezeME.
It's Mario 64, like reeeally Mario 64. Not only does it pretty much plays the same (including the cartwheel), but the levels feel familiar too, with some extra Mario Galaxy on top.
Too bad that the controls are still not quite at the level of A Hat in Time, it's a bit more stiff than I'd like. But otherwise, decent levels with some little challenges as side things to collect, it fills them up nicely.

And it's on sale for 1 eurodollar, so it's hard to ask too much.
If you like 3D platformers, you may want to give Poi a try.
It's not obviously as polished as the Mario games, but it's very enjoyable, and the current sale price is very affordable:

Deleted member 113

Weird, is anyone else having trouble activating games on Steam?
I bought a bundle on Voidu, with 3 keys. I activated the first, it took ages, but it finally activated correctly. On key two, again it took ages, but it said the key was a duplicate. I tried again the same key, again it took ages, but it now activated.
And now, on my third key, I get an immediate message saying there were too many activations from my account or ip. But, it was just my 3rd key (and, considering an unsuccessful attempt to activate one of the keys, it was only my 4th activation). Weird. :unsure:

---

Anyway, despite pre-ordering Stellaris, I barely touched the game, but I took the opportunity of buying the DLCs I was missing from Voidu (1 DLC bundle, plus 3 more seperate DLC purchases), with the intention of finally spending some proper time with the game.
Was it a (y) or (n) option?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Anyway, despite pre-ordering Stellaris, I barely touched the game, but I took the opportunity of buying the DLCs I was missing from Voidu (1 DLC bundle, plus 3 more seperate DLC purchases), with the intention of finally spending some proper time with the game.
Was it a (y) or (n) option?
do it, do it, do it!!! this game is sooooooo good ... seriously! just ask Schnitzelfee or eonden

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Btw, Steam Input is such an essential quality of life thing.
Bladed Fury has generally really tight gameplay and controls, but it didn't like blocking and dodging on the shoulder buttons. So I just swapped them with the trigger buttons and copied the triggers to the paddles as well and voilà, customized comfortable combat cozyness.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Not only does Soul Calibur VI look amazing, but it runs great too. It's an actually good port from a JP developer lol.

Currently managing 4K/60FPS, with room for downsampling at 110 Resolution scale. (68-74% GPU usage, which means I can probably push further.) Frametimes are great too, at least during the gameplay parts that matter. Menus and screen transitions get a bit squirrely but who cares about those lol.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Not only does Soul Calibur VI look amazing, but it runs great too. It's an actually good port from a JP developer lol.

Currently managing 4K/60FPS, with room for downsampling at 110 Resolution scale. (68-74% GPU usage, which means I can probably push further.) Frametimes are great too, at least during the gameplay parts that matter. Menus and screen transitions get a bit squirrely but who cares about those lol.
Bamco has had good ports for a good while now :) and yeah, the game is great and runs extremely well! :)

oh, and also - you don't have to quote images to make them small in here, you can just click them after inserting and resize :)

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
Btw, Steam Input is such an essential quality of life thing.
Bladed Fury has generally really tight gameplay and controls, but it didn't like blocking and dodging on the shoulder buttons. So I just swapped them with the trigger buttons and copied the triggers to the paddles as well and voilà, customized comfortable combat cozyness.
Yeah, it's fantastic. A true game changer.

Deleted member 113

Reactions: lashman

Deleted member 113

The calendar also gives out DLC items? I didn't know. :giggle:

Is there any list of the items you can get from the calendar? Any exclusives?

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
A question!
We all know about the 52 games in year challenge where you have to finish that many games in a year.

What do you think about 12 games in a year challenge? The difference is that the games need to be long games. Short games don't count. Let say the minimum time to beat a game is 30 hours can be counted as a valid game for the challenge

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present Koei freaking Tecmo € pricing.

Where a game on sale is more expensive than many AAA games at full price.
:wd_rain:
Just came across it in my Highlighted Deals...
It's basically console pricing on PC. Same thing that kills play anywhere in EU, especially with lack of keys.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Oh, that's amazing! I'm so used to quoting images from Era, cuz I do hate to bug people with massive 4k images out of nowhere lol. o_O
i know, right? :) but yeah - it's pretty cool :D

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present Koei freaking Tecmo € pricing.

Where a game on sale is more expensive than many AAA games at full price.
:wd_rain:
Just came across it in my Highlighted Deals...
that's just how Kecmo does pricing for EU now ... been like that for at least 3 or 4 games now :(

Deleted member 113

It's basically console pricing on PC. Same thing that kills play anywhere in EU, especially with lack of keys.
Well, console pricing with a difference: the game doesn't drop in price.

You can find retail copies of Koei Tecmo's games for sale at less than half it's launch price soon after launch. On PC, you have to wait for a sale for a 10-20% discount (50%, if it's a game with several years already), and no DLC sales.

Matimeo

MetaMember
Oct 21, 2018
Happy to see people finally discovering book of demons, I posted about it on ERA quite awhile ago and I rarely post about games.
I like their entire effort basically making accessible versions of core genres without diluting them. I really love in book of demons where you can set the dungeon time, great way to use machine learning to guage how a player plays then predict how long things will take, similar to kindle.

So often I know how much time I have but games rarely tell you how long to expect this quest to take , let alone based on how you have been playing the game. I think they plan on tackling an xcom like game next.

gg.deals which someone shared on ERA, is amazing. Hitting all my OCD needs for wishlist management.
i know there are other sites but the UI here works best for me. Seeing lots of games cheaper on gmg, and wingamestore and gog.
also doing a bit of wishlist clean up, removing games that are abandoned , or that apparently i dont really want because if I wont pay 5 bucks now and its been on my wishlist for 4 years then I can remove it lol.

pretty exciting as its the first winter break where i have a PC powerful enough to play any game I own lol.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Well, console pricing with a difference: the game doesn't drop in price.

You can find retail copies of Koei Tecmo's games for sale at less than half it's launch price soon after launch. On PC, you have to wait for a sale for a 10-20% discount (50%, if it's a game with several years already), and no DLC sales.
Yeah, it's really annoying.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Happy to see people finally discovering book of demons, I posted about it on ERA quite awhile ago and I rarely post about games.
I like their entire effort basically making accessible versions of core genres without diluting them. I really love in book of demons where you can set the dungeon time, great way to use machine learning to guage how a player plays then predict how long things will take, similar to kindle.

So often I know how much time I have but games rarely tell you how long to expect this quest to take , let alone based on how you have been playing the game. I think they plan on tackling an xcom like game next.
yup ... great game! i actually bought it way, way, waaaaay back when they put it up in early access ... hell, i even bought the "kickstarter DLC" thingy ;)

here's hoping they actually get to make the remaining games :)

Matimeo

MetaMember
Oct 21, 2018
yup believe it or not but not everyone is sales driven, thats why LEGO is like whats a sale, how about we just retire the set instead? lol.

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
KT is different though, they hate some gamers,not all, mostly they hate PC EU, with passion

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
KT is different though, they hate some gamers,not all, mostly they hate PC EU, with passion
yeah, that's true ... i mean - outside of MS with their tire-fire-of-a-store no one else does 70€ for EU on steam, i don't think .... or at least no one did until Kecmo started doing it

Reactions: MegaApple

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
KT just doesn't care about volume, they milk their fans and that's it.
I mean the constant expanded releases every 9-12 months was a big deal for them...

Reactions: Matimeo and lashman

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Ooh, Pillars of Eternity will finally be playable soon, as Obsidian is set to add turn-based mode in a future patch.
Deadfire?
Or the first one?

Might give me a reason to pick Deadfire up again if it's for that.
Originally made it to the first big city and dropped it, didn't really click with me.
Shame, because I loved the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.