Community MetaSteam | December 2018 - We got 99 problems, but 76 ain't one

Status
Not open for further replies.

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
I had so good with Rorona, had no problems with it at all, yet Totori keeps crashing on me over and over. KT pls

Reactions: lashman

Deleted member 113

Hello fellow consumers of video games products.

Spent some monies on Steam, I hope that Deadfire is worth it, it's still not that cheap.
Any class advice?
Deadfire is a good purchase, and should keep you busy for a while. :)

What genres do you like?

Angelo

Junior Member?
Dec 21, 2018
Hello everybody! After browsing the internet, i take it that Slay the Spire is a great game? What do you think? At first i'm not really interested in it, but after watching gameplays, seeing reviews, i'm more interested. Not gonna lie though, it looks kinda overwhelming, like the cards, the effect of the cards, etc.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Hello everybody! After browsing the internet, i take it that Slay the Spire is a great game? What do you think? At first i'm not really interested in it, but after watching gameplays, seeing reviews, i'm more interested. Not gonna lie though, it looks kinda overwhelming, like the cards, the effect of the cards, etc.
hi there! :)

Slay the Spire is AWESOME, buy it! it's super-easy to get into ... and REALLY fun to play

Reactions: Angelo

Angelo

Junior Member?
Dec 21, 2018
hi there! :)

Slay the Spire is AWESOME, buy it! it's super-easy to get into ... and REALLY fun to play
Oh wow! I was expecting this game to have a steep learning curve, so i didn't expect the game is super-easy to get into. (pretty much shows that i have to try it for myself and not depend too much on gameplay videos :sneaky:. Okay, i'm now following the game on Steam.

Deleted member 113

Later maybe Fight'N Rage and MegaMan collection 1
Both good options.
If you like beat'em ups, Fight'N Rage is well worth it.
It features a good amount of content and unlockables, different modes, and a surprisingly deep combo system.
Plus, the developer has done a great job with post-launch support for the game, with new content added with most updates.

Reactions: lashman and fokkusu

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Both good options.
If you like beat'em ups, Fight'N Rage is well worth it.
It features a good amount of content and unlockables, different modes, and a surprisingly deep combo system.
Plus, the developer has done a great job with post-launch support for the game, with new content added with most updates.
Yes I have heard it's great. I grew up playing Street of Rages in Sega Genesis/MD, so I have liked beat'em ups all my life :)

Deleted member 113

Yes I have heard it's great. I grew up playing Street of Rages in Sega Genesis/MD, so I have liked beat'em ups all my life :)
That makes two. ;)
I buy pretty much every game of the genre I can find on Steam.

And Streets of Rage 2 is my favourite beat'em up of all time, and I own it for pretty much every platform under the sun. :giggle:

Reactions: fokkusu and lashman

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Good Winter "Seal" for me.

Steam Level 160 get. (From 155)
New badges get.
42 Games get.

My wallet is in Gaben's hands.
All's right with the world.

========
I got a lot of VN's so I don't have to worry so much about Valve randomly pulling them for whatever reasons. Also picked up a few AAA games I had been waiting on, FarCry 5, Soul Calibur VI (2B DLC AHOY!), FFXII and Zone of the Enders... stuff like that. Guess I could do activity feed crops later.

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
Hello fellow consumers of video games products.

Spent some monies on Steam, I hope that Deadfire is worth it, it's still not that cheap.
Any class advice?
Best advice I have is to go with a class that seems fun to you. Between my character and my companions I didn't have anyone who wasn't effective or without fun abilities in combat so what's most important is having the type of character you'd enjoy playing the most. I went with a Shifter Druid in my first playthrough and it was a good mix of spellcasting with also being a decent physical damage dealer as well.

The other thing I'd mention is that multiclass charterers are still really strong, but you will miss out on the higher level abilities with them. If those look like something you want to game in the late game then stick to a single class. If you do go multiclass you'll have more and a wider range of abilities though. I think the game recommends staying single class for beginners but it didn't seem anything that would be to difficult to pick up.

I liked my melee cipher in PoE1, don't know how that would be like in 2.
I dig lighter, melee oriented characters.
And I just saw this after finishing my post. If that's what you like Rouge/Cipher multiclass seems really cool. They even have a really cool class name with Mindstalker! Not sure what the subclasses are for either of those, but check them all out cause they're really great for making a specialized character.

Angelo

Junior Member?
Dec 21, 2018
Good Winter "Seal" for me.

Steam Level 160 get. (From 155)
New badges get.
42 Games get.

My wallet is in Gaben's hands.
All's right with the world.

========
I got a lot of VN's so I don't have to worry so much about Valve randomly pulling them for whatever reasons. Also picked up a few AAA games I had been waiting on, FarCry 5, Soul Calibur VI (2B DLC AHOY!), FFXII and Zone of the Enders... stuff like that. Guess I could do activity feed crops later.

Soul Calibur VI? Good pick! Have fun trying to create your own characters! (Atleast, that's pretty much the reason why i bought Soul Calibur VI) :D

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Oh wow! I was expecting this game to have a steep learning curve, so i didn't expect the game is super-easy to get into. (pretty much shows that i have to try it for myself and not depend too much on gameplay videos :sneaky:. Okay, i'm now following the game on Steam.
yeah, it really looks waaaaaaaaay more complicated than it actually is :)

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Soul Calibur VI? Good pick! Have fun trying to create your own characters! (Atleast, that's pretty much the reason why i bought Soul Calibur VI) :D
Yeah one thing I always liked about the Soul Calibur series was the character creator stuff. Also it just seems VI is great return for the series in general. Reviews have been great and fan reception too.

Reactions: Angelo and lashman

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
The Messenger is calling my name as well.
I know it's not the same as a Steam copy, but Devolver has a nutty Twitch Prime pack with a bunch of their games, including The Messenger and The Swords of Ditto.

Includes 7 Devolver Digital games: Broforce, Hotline Miami, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, The Messenger, STRAFE, Crossing Souls, and The Swords of Ditto.

Reactions: Matimeo and lashman

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
dunno if it was posted, but here it goes, pretty good deal if you want any of those games
https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/staff-picks-2018
This is really solid. Songbringer is a pretty interesting game from what I've played. The soundtrack can be a little grating, but I enjoyed the two hrs or so I put into it. I should probably give it another go.

I might have to finally get my hands on Dex.

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
I'm thinking getting Dex, Sexy Brutale, Dungeon Rushers and Shuyan Saga, it's rather hard to decide on 5th though

Metronomicon looks kinda interesting, but so does Super Cloudbuilt and Songbringer and The Signal From Tölva

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I can't buy anything, like literally, the green purchase button when Im in the cart does not do anything.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I'm thinking getting Dex, Sexy Brutale, Dungeon Rushers and Shuyan Saga, it's rather hard to decide on 5th though
I'm thinking Metronomicon, Super Cloudbuilt, and maybe Dex or Shuyan Saga. Maybe I'll go for the 5 and grab Seraph.

Welp. Looks like Seraph is sold out.

Last edited:

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
I haven't bought anything yet! :wd_dealwithit:
Other than some gifts for friends
you know all those awesome puzzle games won't buy and play themselves, at least I hope you got all quell games, did you? And there is Infinipicross 2.0 in case you wanna kill your eyes with 100x100 puzzles,

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
you know all those awesome puzzle games won't buy and play themselves, at least I hope you got all quell games, did you? And there is Infinipicross 2.0 in case you wanna kill your eyes with 100x100 puzzles,
Post any of those supposedly awesome puzzle games, so that I can consider buying them,
Not Infinipicross though, that looks (and most probably plays) like shit.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Of course the games that I really wanted are not heavily discounted (I'm looking at you Shenmue , The Missing and Obra Dinn) but I'm sure I will find something to add to my backlog. Phantom Doctrine also appears interesting.

Dream_Journey

Dec 21, 2018
Hey, i just joined and great too see everyone is here too. ;D

Also i finally did Steam idle card drop stuff and earned lot of money from it, time to use them! ;D I must say Steam winter sale is not so good but better than nothing, probably will finally buy Dying Light and Life is Strange: Before the Storm.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Bought AssCreedOri Gold from Uplay.. boohoo was cheaper ;)
Huge game o_O
AC:O is the first singleplayer game in ages I've put close to 100 hours into, and I'm not even bored with it yet, I just got distracted by BFV and The Messenger. Need to go back and explore more.

Deques Unexplored is great... more people should play it!

I could not get into this game at all. Something about it just never clicked after a few hours and I didn't have fun the whole time so I gave up. Not sure why.

Reactions: lashman and fokkusu

Deleted member 113

I forgot about the time, and was completing a sale when the website apparently experienced some issues, because instead of an order confirmation message, I got one that said they can't confirm if my purchase was made (?!) and my purchase is listed as pending on my Purchase History.

Has anyone experienced a similar thing?
What happens in the case of these "pending" purchases?

thanks

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
The knick-knack badge (or whatever it's called) has badges that go up to over 500+, but so far the only way to get consumables seems to be the cozy-shack which is just once a day kinda deal?

... At this rate the highest badge level will be 14 but that doesn't make sense.
:wd_suspicious:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Status