Community MetaSteam | December 2018 - We got 99 problems, but 76 ain't one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm so hyped for Digimon Survive. Finally a Digimon game that is on PC (yeah I know there's the MMO).
Hopefully this means Bamco will start porting their back-catalogue of the series, like they did with the SAO games.
I want the Cyber Sleuth games dammit.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Now that's a dick move.
yeah, it was supposed to be in early access - i know because i followed it (i always follow early access games when i add them to my wishlist) ... not anymore

I'm so hyped for Digimon Survive. Finally a Digimon game that is on PC (yeah I know there's the MMO).
Hopefully this means Bamco will start porting their back-catalogue of the series, like they did with the SAO games.
I want the Cyber Sleuth games dammit.
i sooooo hope that's the case ... i really do!

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Here's the first part of the 2019 highlight thread. Obviously it is stuff I already posted before but long as I don't overdo it it is fine =v

2019 is shaping up to be another great year filled with many great gaming experiences big and small, and I've tasked to list as many notable releases as possible.

First up are releases that don't have a Steam page yet or are available for purchase on other stores. In this case the ink will direct to an announcement video, announcement article, or to that game's official website if any.

Journey (yes THAT one)
Of Rice & Ruin
Blood (1997) remaster
Samurai Sho(w)down
Wolf & Spice VR
Bokube
Asterix & Obelix XXL 3
Kill la kill
Wargroove
Atelier Lulua
One Piece: World Seeker
The Office Type
Shovel Knight 'King of Cards' & 'Showdown' expansions
Phoenix Point
One Finger Death Punch 2
Virtuaverse
Yu-no (remake)
The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe
Psychonauts 2
The Pathless
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw
Date A Live: Rio Reincarnation
Winning Post 9
Monster Sanctuary
Man of Medan
Mechwarrior 5
Satisfactory
Hades
iDracula: Genesis
Lone Echo 2
Defector
Bubsy: Paws on Fire
Blasphemous
Racing Apex
Blacksad
Warcraft III Reforged
Remnant: From the ashes
Genesis Alpha One

The following games' banners were provided by @lazerfox, and you can find more custom banners or request some over at the Custom Steam Banner/Grid thread. Like the previous titles mentioned, these redirect to their respective announcement article or official website.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
i sooooo hope that's the case ... i really do!
I think there's a reasonable chance it's going to happen, based on their release history on Steam. Or maybe I'm just deluding myself because I really want it to happen, lol.

But at the very least we should get all further Digimon games on PC.
:wd_hellyeah:

Reactions: lashman

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
What resolution do you all play on?

I've gone from 4K (consoles) back to a 1080P monitor and it's rough. ;)
2560x1080
21:9 Ultrawide is the true gamechanger!

I'd love to upgrade to a 3440x1440, 21:9, 120Hz, Gsync monitor but dang, they are insanely overpriced.

Deleted member 113

ATOM RPG is leaving early access this month.
I backed the game on Kickstarter, and the earlier versions I played were very enjoyable (and reception on Steam has been equally positive), so fans of the classic Fallout games may want to give this one a look.

---

Also, Book of Demons, a very fun hack & slash game, with a peculiar look where everything seems to be made of paper, and out of a pop-up book, and where items, spells, and skills are all expressed as cards, is leaving early access next week.
There's a demo available, so anyone who enjoys the genre should give it a try, it's really a lot of fun.

They just released a very silly "song" trailer:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Hey Tizoc onimusha remaster comes in jan aswel :D maybe a few giveaways too
Giveaway you say? Thumbs up!
Post automatically merged:

Also, Book of Demons, a very fun hack & slash game, with a peculiar look where everything seems to be made of paper, and out of a pop-up book, and where items, spells, and skills are all expressed as cards, is leaving early access next week.
There's a demo available, so anyone who enjoys the genre should give it a try, it's really a lot of fun.

They just released a very silly "song" trailer:

I bought Book of Demon last month. Haven't had time to play it yet. Did they increase the price after they left Early access?

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
It's already on the list.
Just need to remember its exact release date since if it's bfore the 17th of January, I'll be pre-ordering it myself too :p (I need my Humble credit for Ace Combat).
Comes jan 15th, also hows the dw7 not expecting best of course does it have 1440p

Deques yea you know how they normally go n i love onimusha

Reactions: lashman and Deku

Deleted member 113

I bought Book of Demon last month. Haven't had time to play it yet. Did they increase the price after they left Early access?
Yeah, they did increase the price a small bit, when it essentially became content complete.
Before that, last month, they had one last 50% off sale, so if you picked it up at the time, you probably got an even better deal. ;)

Do give it a try one of these days. Last Christmas season, I spent quite a few hours with the game, and had a blast. :)

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Comes jan 15th, also hows the dw7 not expecting best of course does it have 1440p

One report I read was that it doesn't go up to 1440p :X Maybe try using registry edit or downsampling.

As I wrote before it's like an early PS3 game visually and overall your standard Musou fare.
Playing on Hard makes enemies tougher and I have already gotten a few game overs :V

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

I haven't played any of the Onimusha games, so I don't know what I have missed
:wd_happy:

Yeah, they did increase the price a small bit, when it essentially became content complete.
Before that, last month, they had one last 50% off sale, so if you picked it up at the time, you probably got an even better deal. ;)

Do give it a try one of these days. Last Christmas season, I spent quite a few hours with the game, and had a blast. :)
I bought it when it was 50% off, that's why I bought it :p Gotta find time to play it, or any other games

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
In the end I canceled my Origin Access Premier membership. This morning I was lookin' over some things and noticed that while it did cover the base games, it doesn't actually cover the DLC. So for like the mass effect trilogy they still want you buy Bioware points of all things purchase the DLC that way. Same with Dragon Age. So uh, no thanks I guess.

Reinstalled R6 Siege and played 3 matches. Felt good to be back after not playing at all last season, but took all three matches to really warm up to it again. In my last match I got an Ace with Dokkaebi though. Feelsgoodman.

:wd_happy:

Also major props to Ubi, cuz R6 works with Discord Overlay, and the uplay overlay, AND the Steam Overlay. When I play Siege I'm not cut off from any of my friends on any service. And I love the Steam overlay's versatility. Being able to bring up a browser window at any time is the work of God. Er, Gaben. Whatever.

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
I’m starting Road to the Winter “Sale” Savings. It’s a pretty good game. Please, nothing go on sale now that will be cheaper in the future.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
What resolution do you all play on?

I've gone from 4K (consoles) back to a 1080P monitor and it's rough. ;)

I don't see myself trying to set up my PC with a TV due to the size and desire to play at a desk.

1440P is not in the budget for a good while, so I may be forced to enjoy 1080P.
Are you ready to be shocked? 1600x900 😂

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw will the an exclusive to the Epic Store for 12 months. Fuck. Them.

Surely the upside to this situation is that you can turn all the graphics settings to ultra at least?
Theoretically yes, but I just leave everything on medium. I use a 1080p TV so I could run games at that resolution but I mostly care about framerate. I am a man of simple tastes, what can I say.

Last edited:

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Theoretically yes, but I just leave everything on medium. I use a 1080p TV so I could run games at that resolution but I mostly care about framerate. I am a man of simple tastes, what can I say.
Meh, nothing wrong with that. I like this kind of diversity among PC players, the choice to choose how you play can only be seen as a good thing IMO.

If only the recognition of how diverse the PC player base is was enough to combat the stereotypes about Elitism and how we all have $3,000 rigs.

Not a single epic store exclusive thus far.

inb4 i jynxed it
Don't jynx it.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I'd guess Epic is going to announce new games every two weeks with free games being incentive to check those out on front page aka they use free games to get some exposure for games.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Dangit, gotta wait til E3 for Judge Eyes release date on Steam I guess :V

I guess Yakuza Kiwami is sliding into 2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.