Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Just finished LiS 2. It was good, but I liked the first game better. I especially liked the characters and the world building in LiS better than in 2.

I got the ending where

I chose surrender, Sean surrenders and goes to prison and Daniel lives with his grandparents and graduates and so on. Daniel, Lyla, their mother and Daniel is waiting for Sean.

Question regarding the ending:

where do Sean and Daniel go when they part way in the end?
fantomena Good luck for tomorrow!
Thx! It's a written exam about British literature. Volpone, Romeo & Juliet, The Country Wife, Gulliver's Travels, The Negro's Complaint and so on.

Last edited:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I also finished LIS2 and I loved it. My main complaint with LIS1 was that it doesnt matter what you chose previously you could get all endings based on one choice at the very end. But LIS2 fixed that and I loved what they did with it.

I got the ending where Sean crosses the border while Daniel stays behind, Daniel grows up with his grandparents and Sean reunites with Cassidy. After watching all the other endings I feel like this is the best one as both brothers end up living happy lives, just separated.

Overall Dontnod did a fantastic job. Nice calbacks to LIS1, Upgrading to UE4 made the game look stunning at times because of the fantastic art style, and it had some great original music but I wish it had more licensed tracks. I loved the tracks they used for LIS1 and the few they used for LIS2.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I really liked Darksiders 2 :whistle:
Darksiders 2 is a decent 7h game stretched into a rather mediocre 15h+ game.

Thinking about it, I think it's the polar oposite of the first game. It has a decent start, peaks in the midway point and then slogs to the finish line while the first one has an abysmal start, gets decent somewhere in the middle and ends on an extremely high note.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I also finished LIS2 and I loved it. My main complaint with LIS1 was that it doesnt matter what you chose previously you could get all endings based on one choice at the very end. But LIS2 fixed that and I loved what they did with it.

I got the ending where Sean crosses the border while Daniel stays behind, Daniel grows up with his grandparents and Sean reunites with Cassidy. After watching all the other endings I feel like this is the best one as both brothers end up living happy lives, just separated.

Overall Dontnod did a fantastic job. Nice calbacks to LIS1, Upgrading to UE4 made the game look stunning at times because of the fantastic art style, and it had some great original music but I wish it had more licensed tracks. I loved the tracks they used for LIS1 and the few they used for LIS2.
:wd_heart:

also - i got the Blood Brothers ending ... and imho this one is the best one of them all

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
It's odd. Darksiders Genesis is only releasing on Stadia, Steam and GOG on thursday, console releases happens next year.

Definetly grabbing it on Steam at some point.

Reactions: PC-tan and Ge0force

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Dead Cells dlc details, will be released Q1 next year

• Announcing a new DLC with two levels and a boss over here (please wishlist it).
  • $4.99 paid DLC will help us continue building more Dead Cells and MT’s next game.
  • AMA on Reddit right now over here.
  • We’ve got two years of Dead Cells content we hope to build.
  • MT are finding the outlines of their next prototype.

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
I was looking around in the Humble Bundle store since i have the 20% sub discount thing, but is there a way to change Humble Bundle's Store region ? And will they fuck with you if you use a VPN ?

The store currency is in EUR for me, but all their bundles ( including monthly ) are charged in USD. And neither are actually my country's currency.

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019
What kind of game is it? And why are people excited for it?
It's a JRPG, a new entry in SquareEnix's SaGa series that goes back to the Game Boy and SNES. Although a bunch of entries didn't make it out of Japan until recently it has a cult following. It defies a lot of JRPG conventions (most of the game is from the world map, there are no towns or dungeons) but the combat system is very strong and in-depth. It's a stand-alone entry, not related to any of the previous SaGa games story-wise.

Here's another thread with a lot of good info:

Reactions: Wok

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Horizon was boring. Just a middle of the road by the numbers AAA game. I dropped it after like 7 or 8hrs.

I don't even think I would have the willpower to wishlist it on Steam. Assuming it even comes to steam because if Sony starts this approach they would be very dumb not to release their own PC client. Or at the very least turn the PSnow app into both a streaming and local client.

Also GG pls Remaster Killzone 1-3 and release them on Steam. I would pay in a heartbeat. Straight cash homie.

well, rockstar can officially go fuck themselves
Dang...I was hoping for at least 10$ off :(

And you just know they'll give it a discount in a few weeks during winter sale.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Deleted member 113

Speaking of Red Dead Redemption 2, I've been in a spaghetti western mood recently (I'm a sucker for the genre!), so the idea of playing a game in the western genre appeals to me, despite not caring for any product Rockstar put out in ages.

Can someone please let me know something:
-I remember some pre-order bonuses being listed for the launch on the Rockstar Launcher (and then a few, but lesser ones, on the EGS); were these just items and content for the multiplayer portion of the game, or were there any missions/content for the single-player portion of the game as well? I remember Rockstar locking some content, including a mission that sounded appealing (involving a serial killer investigation), from GTA V, unless you previous bought the console versions of the game (the main reason why I haven't purchased the game, not even on sale), so if they did the same stuff, they can go %$#& themselves, and keep the game.

-if I'm reading things correctly, there's no pre-order bonuses of any kind of Steam, right?

-is the game enjoyable as a single-player title? I mean, how's the variety of missions, map size, freedom to do whatever you want, ...?

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
They can't, see Steam's discount rules.

Are those regional prices worse than on their own store?
Valve's rules are so volatile that I don't doubt they can do the discount, I don't think they want to tho.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Can someone please let me know something:
-I remember some pre-order bonuses being listed for the launch on the Rockstar Launcher (and then a few, but lesser ones, on the EGS); were these just items and content for the multiplayer portion of the game, or were there any missions/content for the single-player portion of the game as well? I remember Rockstar locking some content, including a mission that sounded appealing (involving a serial killer investigation), from GTA V, unless you previous bought the console versions of the game (the main reason why I haven't purchased the game, not even on sale), so if they did the same stuff, they can go %$#& themselves, and keep the game.
Any source for GTAV having something exclusive for consoles? The Murder Mystery mission is on PC too: Steam Community :: Guide :: Murder Mystery

And as far as I can tell the only additional single player content is the stuff you get for buying the Special Edition. Trying to find out if it's worth it.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
They can't, see Steam's discount rules.
Yea that sucks. They could have at least done a "save 10$ if you buy in the first week of release" type of sale. But expecting anything like that from Take-Two and R* is crazy. At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if Bordlerlands 3 launches on steam for 60$ in April.

If these devs are gonna treat the steam community like shit they can at least release these games day n date. Let steam users overpay but at least they don't have to wait some stupid amount of time while seeing the very same game get discounted already.

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Already played RDR2 on PS4. Will wait for a sale. No interest in slugging myself through the game right now,

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Was always going to be pricey (RDR2). Disappointing there is no discount for users who waited for a Steam version when its being discounted on the other stores. I might hold off for a bit on getting it.

Reactions: lashman

Deleted member 113

Any source for GTAV having something exclusive for consoles? The Murder Mystery mission is on PC too: Steam Community :: Guide :: Murder Mystery

And as far as I can tell the only additional single player content is the stuff you get for buying the Special Edition. Trying to find out if it's worth it.
The content is on the PC version... if you previously bought the game on consoles, and played it with your Rockstar online account.
It's right there on the guide you posted ("for Returning Players").

If you didn't play the console versions, if you aren't a "returning player", that mission (and several more pieces of content) aren't playable.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
No way I am going to buy RDR2 full price since it has been lower in other stores.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Just got a mail from Steam, DQ Builders 2 has a demo available. Didn't know it would get one.

I have played a demo of Builders 1 on my PS4 and the sequel is better in every way according to the Switch demo.

Reactions: PC-tan

Deleted member 113

Did anyone buy the Jingle Jam bundle, and doesn't own Two Point Hospital?

I would like to get the Two Point Hospital Jingle Jimjams DLC, so if anyone doesn't want that DLC, I can trade something for it. ;)

Please send me a PM if you have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Deku and Arsene

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
The content is on the PC version... if you previously bought the game on consoles, and played it with your Rockstar online account.
It's right there on the guide you posted ("for Returning Players").

If you didn't play the console versions, if you aren't a "returning player", that mission (and several more pieces of content) aren't playable.
Ohhh, my bad. That's a bit shitty but tbh the game has so much content I wouldn't not get it just because of that, seems rather insignificant to me. Also how all those collectible/find xyz quests are handled is terrible anyway, you don't get any real clues most of the time and the world is too big for me to ever stumble upon most of them so I didn't bother (not a fan of just using guides, no fun in that).

Price error in Colombia btw, Special Edition is only ~13€ there right now.

Also in Poland Ultimate is cheaper than Standard.

And here's a nice summary of what you get with each edition: Which edition? :: Red Dead Redemption 2 General Discussions So Standard is good enough for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeejayDoom

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Alright, I gave Scarlet Grace a quick try.

I'm playing as Urpina, since that was what the game suggested after going through the initial questionaire.

It's a bit overwhelming, but even with my limited knowledge combat has been a hell of a lot of fun.

Also that combat theme :sweaty-blob:

Deleted member 113

To answer my own question, it seems Steam users will miss out on the following single-player content, by not pre-ordering Red Dead Redemption 2 from the Rockstar launcher:

-Outlaw Survival Kit for Story Mode
-War Horse for Story Mode
-Le Tresor des Mortes Treasure Map for Story Mode
-Cash Bonus for Story Mode

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
To answer my own question, it seems Steam users will miss out on the following single-player content, by not pre-ordering Red Dead Redemption 2 from the Rockstar launcher:

-Outlaw Survival Kit for Story Mode
-War Horse for Story Mode
-Le Tresor des Mortes Treasure Map for Story Mode
-Cash Bonus for Story Mode
... and the 20% off discount price the game had like a week ago

Status
Not open for further replies.