Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
and in other news - the music in LiS2 continues to be FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!!

(no spoilers here, it's just the music ... you can watch it)
Nope, not watching it until I play it myself. Can't wait to hear what stuff Jonathan Morali came up with this time.
Square / Dontnod should think about bringing lash to their marketing team. I hated LiS 1 ep 1 and never thought I'd spend money on a LiS game ever again, but all those posts about season 2 are making me interested on it. Damnit lashman
Can we ban people for disliking LiS1? Because that's a bannable offense, in my book.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Humble Monthly day ! The remaining december games and the start of Humble Choice.
So if I didn't do a stupid again and understood correctly, if I have bought the current monthly and accept to pay for the next one in advance, I should end the day ~15 games richer.

I'm okay with that.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Humble Monthly day ! The remaining december games and the start of Humble Choice.
So if I didn't do a stupid again and understood correctly, if I have bought the current monthly and accept to pay for the next one in advance, I should end the day ~15 games richer.

I'm okay with that.
So people subbing will both get december games and choice games today?

Reactions: Eferis

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
So people subbing will both get december games and choice games today?
It's what I understood. Take it for what it's worth :cold-sweat:

Edit -
To be clear, what I understand :
  • you subbed or subs for december -> later today you have the mystery games, as usual
  • then this is the first month of Humble Choice, you pay in advance and you get your 10 games for 12 bucks because you were subbed in december.

Reactions: Eferis

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Didn't play more than the first episode of LIS 1, but the beginning sequence with "To all of you" was so perfect I still remember it several year later.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Well if the leaks are right about the current bundle, I have no need for Islanders and Mega Man Legacy Collection 2.
Didn't play more than the first episode of LIS 1, but the beginning sequence with "To all of you" was so perfect I still remember it several year later.
My favorite LiS songs are all from the first game:

I also like Golden Hour melody:

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Yeah, that was great. It's nothing particularly original since it has been done infinite times in teen movies and shows but seeing it in videogame form was pretty impressive nonetheless.

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Is there a way to gift the LiS 2 bundle on Steam? I've never gifted anything before, but I tried to yesterday and the purchase button was greyed out for the bundle but not the individual episodes.

If they make LiS 3 I hope the episodes are more connected like the first game. Didn't like them sometimes apparently being set weeks apart.
That didn't really bother me in the context of the game, because it was a roadtrip story so they were going to have to compress time. But I do hope LiS3 has a set location so that the cast has more recurring characters.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Im trying to start RDR2 and it wont launch. Just get a Rockstar launcher error box saying re-try or launch in safe mode (which also doesnt work).

I love this multi launcher future.

Think i might just refund it.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
If they make LiS 3 I hope the episodes are more connected like the first game. Didn't like them sometimes apparently being set weeks apart.
no, no ... i actually REALLY liked that ... i hope they do it again

Is there a way to gift the LiS 2 bundle on Steam? I've never gifted anything before, but I tried to yesterday and the purchase button was greyed out for the bundle but not the individual episodes.
unfortunately there's no way to do that this way ... you have to gift each one individually :(

That didn't really bother me in the context of the game, because it was a roadtrip story so they were going to have to compress time. But I do hope LiS3 has a set location so that the cast has more recurring characters.
actually - i didn't mind that either ... after all - it IS a roadtrip story ... obviously most of the characters were going to be left behind ... and that's ok ... i definitely don't mind that ... it's a story about two brothers, not everyone else

Im trying to start RDR2 and it wont launch. Just get a Rockstar launcher error box saying re-try or launch in safe mode (which also doesnt work).

I love this multi launcher future.

Think i might just refund it.
turn off/unplug your controller before you start the game (awesome port there, rockstar ... and it only took you a year to release it)

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

I'm okay with that.
You mean to bought the early unlocks for December? In that case you are good to go even if you don't pay for the next one.

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Seriously!
i know, right?

After one bad launch for Red Dead Redemption 2 with its PC debut on Rockstar and Epic’s stores in November, I had thought Rockstar might make the most of the second chance for a smooth launch presented by its belated Steam release last night. They have not. Along with the crashing and performance issues still suffered by all players, the Steam release seems to have even developed new issues. It’s also more clear quite how common the old issues are, now the game is on a store which has user reviews. Oh dear.

(...)

Player reviews on Steam also complain about other crashes, Launcher screw-ups (apparently unplugging your controller before launching then replugging after launch helps?), performance issues, bugs, and disconnections from Red Dead Online. The game suffers these problems with the Epic Games Store and Rockstar Games Launcher releases too–they’re not specific to Steam–though it has become more obvious how common they are now the game is on a store with user reviews. Reports from people who choose to write Steam reviews aren’t the complete picture, of course, but it’s a wider view than looking at complaints on Reddit.

(...)

Maybe Rockstar can go for a GOG release next, have another crack at a good launch. Then Itch if that doesn’t work out. Then Origin. Game Jolt. Uplay. Battle.net. GamersGate. Ninth time’s a charm?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Hmh speaking of Humble Choice, that means there are no early unlocks anymore, or more like all games are early unlocks. Wait a minute! It's like a regular bundle!
Maybe the change is in some way related to the recent polemic about lootboxes (EATM)
Not as exciting, maybe, but a lot more consumer friendly.

Reactions: Pommes

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Im refunding it. Cant be bothered troubleshooting issues. Ill just wait a few months and hopefully it will work better (and be cheaper).

Its becoming less and less attractive to purchase a game on day one (or day 30 in this case).

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Im refunding it. Cant be bothered troubleshooting issues. Ill just wait a few months and hopefully it will work better (and be cheaper).

Its becoming less and less attractive to purchase a game on day one (or day 30 in this case).
QA ? What's that for ?
I'm reminded of an Apple Arcade game that released a few weeks ago where people couldn't load their save
:steam_pig_crylaughing:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Imagine releasing your game riddled with issues in a small store, and then one month later, you release it on the biggest store without any fix.

Edit:
I imagine this is what you get if your staff is exhausted after a long crunch before the release in the small store. They are all dead tired and cannot fix crap.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I should play GTA V. I don't even hate the series, even though it peaked for me with SA.
It's just, their cynical release plan backfired with me. Released first on console. Then re-released on newer consoles. Then finally released on PC. By this time I had lost any hype.
My only regret is I still had enough to buy it discounted. I still validated their shit. Well, at a discount, but still.

Reactions: Dandy

Deleted member 113

turn off/unplug your controller before you start the game (awesome port there, rockstar ... and it only took you a year to release it)
You can't seriously expect Rockstar, a small team, to have the budget and manpower to release a competent port on day one, especially one released like this one was, day and date with the console versions.

If only they were launching the game more than a year after the console versions, and had 2000+ employees, then I would understand why people are upset about the way the port launched.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Speaking of crappy launchers. I'm almost done with Fallen Order and it's amazing how the only issues I stumbled into, in an otherwise smooth PC port, are all due to the damn Origin integration.

Back to RDR2: I had no crash due to the Rockstar Launcher but it takes ages to load and launch the game.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
24k on RDR2 now.

Who knew it would take time to download 100gb, people are still at work and the high price and techincal issues will shy people away for a while.

Reactions: beep boop

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
That's one of my favorite moments in all of gaming. So low-key, and yet so powerful and meaningful. I love it.

Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Can’t pick up the Humble Choice for a few weeks so hopefully the late unlocks from the Monthly are good enough to tide me over until then lol.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Are Factorio and Rimworld ever getting out of Early Access ? Will they ever be sub 20 bucks ? So many questions.
:anguished-face:

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Hmh speaking of Humble Choice, that means there are no early unlocks anymore, or more like all games are early unlocks. Wait a minute! It's like a regular bundle!
It means no more regular regular bundles!
Seems like we got ourselves the RE3 Remake announcement day.

Such high quality embeds.

MetaMember
Oct 20, 2018
I imagine this is what you get if your staff is exhausted after a long crunch before the release in the small store. They are all dead tired and cannot fix crap.
Rockstar being Rockstar, the staff probably could fix it. But unfortunately they probably are just crunching on the next big game.
just to clear it up, I do NOT mean they should crunch on RDR2 PC.

Reactions: Pommes and lashman

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Is that the fucking surprise PQube teased recently ? Underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.