Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
No Void Bastards just left me unsure wherever to keep subbing or not. Im interested in Blasphemous, Desert Child, X-Morph and unsure about the rest. Heard good thigns about Horizon Chase though. Already own Shadow Raider and Ancestors.

Reactions: Arsene

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
It's still confusing, yes. But I'm not sure if they call the first Choice the January bundle. I haven't bought it yet

You'll get the December Monthly since it was what you would be buying since last month
Well they are calling the first Choice as "December games", there is a separate December monthly also with different games. So what we paid for in the early unlock in November wasn't the choice bundle, you have to unlock it.

What I'm confused by, they say the payment will renew 31 of January, does that mean they will do a choice every other month?

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
No Void Bastards just left me unsure wherever to keep subbing or not. Im interested in Blasphemous, Desert Child, X-Morph and unsure about the rest. Heard good thigns about Horizon Chase though. Already own Shadow Raider and Ancestors.
Void Bastards was like what I was super hoping for and got me excited for stuff and it just void bastarded its self out of existence

Reactions: Wok and Arsene

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
What I'm confused by, they say the payment will renew 31 of January, does that mean they will do a choice every other month?
It is super confusing, but that is because they messed up the wording. For instance, I have "paused" because I don't want the December Choice, and what is written is that I am skipping the "January 2020" bundle. In your case, are you sure you have not bought the December Choice for which the automatic billing date is on the last Friday of December?

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Anyone wanna trade? I want a key for Sword Legacy Omen, and can trade one of my remaining keys from the current Choice for it ^^;

Also some simple maths; I subbed for an annual sub on Nov. 2018, and so far each game (more than 40) I claimed for myself from the bundles of the past year came to $3 per game on average :drinking-blob:

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
What does the Shadow of the Tomb Raider redeem as? Just the base game from before or the Definitive Edition that's on steam now?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Interested in trading a Yakuza Kiwami key (don't think I used it) for any of the choices excluding Vinland, Shadow Raider and Ancestors.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
My $3 coupon will expire if I don't get the December Choice.
The good news is that the coupon for pausing the December Choice is $2 so it kind of cancels out.

Reactions: sk2k

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Hektor I was able to grab Phantom doctrine by the way, I just deleted my post in my other reply when I edited so whoops on that, Thanks!

Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
It is super confusing, but that is because they messed up the wording. For instance, I have "paused" because I don't want the December Choice, and what is written is that I am skipping the "January 2020" bundle. In your case, are you sure you have not bought the December Choice for which the automatic billing date is on the last Friday of December?
Well to unlock current games one has to pay now, so yes I've bought the December choice. If there is a choice in January I'm guessing I have to pay to unlock it also. But yeah it's kind of confusing.o_O

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I received the EA Basic subscription today. There are many games, including Unravel!

Well to unlock current games one has to pay now, so yes I've bought the December choice. If there is a choice in January I'm guessing I have to pay to unlock it also. But yeah it's kind of confusing.o_O
Basically, you bought the January 2020 Monthly bundle, which contains 10 early unlocks. It is the same as before, just the wording changed from January Monthly to December Choice, which makes it confusing during the transition.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Basically, you bought the January 2020 Monthly bundle, which contains 10 early unlocks. It is the same as before, just the wording changed from January Monthly to December Choice, which makes it confusing during the transition.
Ah yes makes sense, since all games are early unlocks now. But funny how it says subscription runs until 31 of January but I wont get the January games.XD

Reactions: sk2k and Wok
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
With HIDEREPLYTHANKS? Will that generate 36 notifications? Or is there another quieter way?
Yes, and yes, unless you disable getting notifications for reactions received. Don't think there's a quieter way.
Uncheck "Reacts to your message" in the notifications section.
well there's also "hide until replied" ... it'll only show the hidden stuff to people who replied in this thread at least once (it's retroactive) ... and you won't get any notifications

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
With Void Bastards out I'm not gonna bother with this bundle. That was tipping the balance to OK BUNDLE. I already have Blasphemous and X-Morph, and the rest is stuff I'll never really play anyway.

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
Disappointed they took out void bastards but luckily I wanted Blasphemous so its worth it. Overall pretty meh when you compare the month to months past.

Reactions: lashman

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I'm probably gonna take the Humble Choice. SotTR, Blasphemous and Chase are on my wistlist, and some other games look good as well. For merely €11, that's enough for me.

I expected more games to choose from tho.

Sadrac

Dec 6, 2018
Fluffy Horde
Revealed content
2GMG8-M9MC0-3J6LF
Sword Legacy Omen
Revealed content
2HVDW-JYHKZ-K9JBD
Phantom Doctrine
Revealed content
05DFY-TQ7H6-QQIKV
Horizon Chase Turbo
Revealed content
04778-5447D-HTCID
X-Morph Defense
Revealed content
03LBW-QG2JJ-2Q2K6
Enjoy

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Fluffy Horde
[Hidden content]

Sword Legacy Omen
[Hidden content]

Phantom Doctrine
[Hidden content]

Horizon Chase Turbo
[Hidden content]

X-Morph Defense
[Hidden content]

Enjoy
Took Horizon thank you! Literally the only thing I wanted from the bundle.

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
I dont understand, can you pause AFTER the reveal and not pay for the bundle? Can I pause now and not take any of the January bundle?

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I dont understand, can you pause AFTER the reveal and not pay for the bundle? Can I pause now and not take any of the January bundle?
There's no reveal anymore, so yeah, as long as you don't pick any game you should be able to pause.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Will humble still generate redeemable steam keys as far back as 2017? I've got a bunch of games I didn't redeem.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Will humble still generate redeemable steam keys as far back as 2017? I've got a bunch of games I didn't redeem.
Yup. Some games might be problematic (IIRC Dungeon Defenders from 2012's HIB7 is a known one) and might give duplicates but these are pretty rare and support should be able to help in those cases.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I had an issue with one game once: keys were out of stock.

Also, Desura / Telltale keys are impossible to redeem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.