Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
5 December - Steam Client Beta - December 5, 2019
This update has been re-released on December 5th at 8PM PST with an additional fix:

Overlay

• Fixed an issue where the overlay could become stuck on top of the game in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Ahh, my issue from yesterday.

People surprised that RDR2 peaked 12k CCU players yesterday on Steam, that's a low, but, have they considered that it's a 106GB game and not everyone pre-loads? Today is 16K and I'm sure it will go as up as 30-35K, is it low compared to MCC? sure, is it a bad mark? fucking not.
Now ~27k and rising, let's see how high it'll go but in my mind Rockstar releasing a game, no matter the issues surrounding it, is always a huge deal with huge numbers guaranteed. You're right that the big download will keep people from playing before the weekend though.

Yep, it's also an SP focused game and those rarely do as good as multiplayer stuff like Halo or D2, Sekiro was a bit of anomaly in that regard.
For me it's all about the sp too but GTA and RDR Online are huuuuuge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rosenkrantz

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
aaand I'm officially done with Fallen Order. 25 hours at the highest difficulty with much of the map explored. I enjoyed my time with it quite a lot, it's not only (a lot) better than I expected but it's actually a pretty great game with brilliant level design, nice graphics, tight gameplay and interesting characters (sadly the main guy isn't one of them, that hasn't changed from my early impressions. I would have loved Trilla to be the main character instead). Great job by Respawn... and by EA not getting in the way, I guess.

I must admit that I liked this more than Sekiro even if I think Sekiro is a better game.

Also, BD-1 GOAT companion droid.

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
RDR2 at 28k.

Valve is not that doomed.
As I said, I expect it to peak at 30-35k, if they reach that number, it's safe to say that they will probably sell around 300-350k until the end of this year.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I did see some places have issues with the low numbers and I guess in their mind the many factors of the low numbers don't matter and stuff about the local minority.

I mean pre-loads were only available 1 day prior to the release.

Or maybe secret the people that are happy about the low numbers are also people in favor of cloud streaming right now because they have blazing fast internet connections and downloading something that is over 100GB takes them less than 1 hour.

By the way I guess that when Seasonic released a certain PSU a few years ago they had this offer where you would get a $50USD Steam card. They still sort of have the offer but this time around you have to take a picture of your build and then they will select a winner at the end of the month.

Reactions: Mor

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
God, I'm so hyped for RE3. I love RE so much and REmake 2 was just so good.
Yeah me too. I never actually played RE3 so its going to be great jumping into it. The RE2 Remake is one of my top games this year, probably my goty (i still have Disco Elysium to play so that might edge it out according to popular opinion)

Reactions: Dragon1893

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
----

It seems that Sony Japan made an oppsie and basically coppied (traced) different animations for their PS commercial, they have since taken down the ad.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
God, I'm so hyped for RE3. I love RE so much and REmake 2 was just so good.
In this one it's all about Nemesis following you right? To be honest, I was pretty relieved to have closed the book on Mr. X when I got through that section. Exciting but too stressful. I don't think I'll be able to cope with a whole game of that (unless I get irresponsibly liquored up).

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So unless you sub before the Choice thing starts, you will have to pay 20€ a month for Choice and if you cancel and resub you have to pay 20€?

Reactions: Wok

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Yeah me too. I never actually played RE3 so its going to be great jumping into it. The RE2 Remake is one of my top games this year, probably my goty (i still have Disco Elysium to play so that might edge it out according to popular opinion)
You should play the original before the remake comes out. It's a short game and it's always fascinating to analyze how they adapted the game to modern standards. There are so many decisions the designers have to make. What do you keep? What do you cut? How do you update character designs? Surely when you played RE2 you were thinking about that and comparing both versions, I think it's really interesting.

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Deleted member 113

if you cancel and resub you have to pay 20€?
You will be able to "pause" the subscription (like many people frequently do), and not lose the "classic" tier and pricing, but if you do cancel, yeah, you have to subscribe with the new tiers and prices.

Reactions: Wok

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
You will be able to "pause" the subscription (like many people frequently do), and not lose the "classic" tier and pricing, but if you do cancel, yeah, you have to subscribe with the new tiers and prices.
What's the difference between pausing and cancelling?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Cancelling means that you won't be charged unless you decide to.

Pausing means that you skip a month, then you will be charged again unless you remember to pause every month.
So if I pause I have to manually press the pause button each month, but cancelling is like an infinite pause button?

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
So if I pause I have to manually press the pause button each month, but cancelling is like an infinite pause button?
Cancelling is cancelling, you won't be subscribed to the service anymore unless you decide to sign again. Pausing means you're still subscribed but you'll skip a month (right now you need to pause at least 7 days before the next bundle, not sure if things will change with choice).

Last edited:

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
What's the doom and gloom about RDR2? It was only purchasable yesterday and its OVER A FUCKING HUNDRED AND FIFTY GIG, Can that many people even 150GB in 10 hours? fucking really now.

Nzyme

Time to get Fit
Sep 19, 2018
I really enjoy playing the Legend of Bum-bo. The build was rough at launch, then bug fixes and quality-of-life changes made it better: it is in a good state now.

If you like Dicey Dungeons and Binding of Isaac, you should like it.

This is good to hear. I sort of dismissed the game after its initial launch issues. Will take another look. Been a big Binding of Isaac fan, so will be good to give this a try too

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
150gb is a size alright. weird though i get like 40-60mb/s on my XBX1 but steam i can never go above like 9mb/s

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
So the December Leak was wrong. Chasm seems cool at least.

No Void Bastards? Yikes.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Void Bastards not being in is extremely disappointing. Guess ill still sub for Horizon Chase Turbo and Blasphemous though.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Wonder why Void Bastards (apparenly last minute) didn't make it into the bundle. I mean it's even in the damn banner!
Maybe they decided to put it into a later bundle?

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
The way you pick your games a lil clunky to say the least.
Wonder why Void Bastards (apparenly last minute) didn't make it into the bundle. I mean it's even in the damn banner!
Isn't it published by Humble as well? So weird.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I blame the leak caused that they removed it from the bundle. Stop leaking the bundles, dammit!
Well they say it's a December thing. I think that's how it's going to work, a selection of games every month, this month it's December games and so on.

I'm surprised we still got a December monthly also, sure it's quite lacklustre but still.
It's still confusing, yes. But I'm not sure if they call the first Choice the January bundle. I haven't bought it yet

You'll get the December Monthly since it was what you would be buying since last month

Status
Not open for further replies.