Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Resident Evil 3 announced for April 3rd 2020, Project Resistance included.
I guess they have been working in this before they finished the remake of 2. This is going to be interesting, re3 was such a failure in so many areas. I hope they can do a turnaround.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Babylons Fall looked fun/promising but very rough. Needs a lot of polish.

Them saying more at E3 means its probably a Spring 2021 title.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I have Dreams on PS4, but I hope they release it on PC. I think the game would benefit a lot from the PC modding community.
I have it on PS4 too but id double dip in a heartbeat on PC. Media Molecule wants to bring it over.

Ill buy anything MM touches.

Reactions: PC-tan

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Both coming to Steam in case you wondered.

Predator also comng to PC

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman and Arsene

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I love my PS4 (and PS3) but besides the goose game, nothing doing Sony. Predator? Its been a decade since the franchise has released even passable quality films and games.

Reactions: lashman

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Capcom really is back
Seeing how successful RE2 and RE7 was for them I think they are gonna milk this franchise so much next gen.

Its gonna look something like this basically

2020: RE3
2021: RE8
2022: Code Veronica
2023: Revelations 3
2024: Outbreak
2025: RE4
2026: RE9

Nothing stopping this engine.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I bought it because of you.

I've completed the first episode and it's incredible... but I hate so many things about it and the world it depicts (mainly all the racist shit). I mean... it's done so well that it kinda feels "real".

When I saw there was a puppy I noped out so fast it's not even funny. I wanted to avoid a John Wick situation at all costs... and now Dontnod, or rather Daniel, ignored my will and I just... ugh. I'm forced to travel with her and I just see her death coming from a mile away. Hit by a car or drowned in a river...
you're welcome ... glad you're enjoying(?) it :)

The important question i have,
will only the first part be exclusive?
Or will the following parts be timed exclusive too?
probably the latter

Only at Episode 3, and it lessens the impact of the whole narrative if all of the powerlessness of the boy with power is because he makes incredible stupid decisions and your own actions to be a good role model is completely thrown out of the water when it matters.
you DO realize he's a 9 year old kid, right? that's the entire point ... he's supposed to be a human being, not a robot that just does everything you tell him to ... if that was the case - you'd be the one with powers, not your brother ... the entire point of the game is trying to raise him, and with that also comes stuff like you mentioned - he won't always listen and do exactly what you want him to ... and yes, sometimes that results in stupid decisions - just like in real life

and that's precisely one of the reasons why i love this game so much!

The tweet you posted seems a bit hyperbolic
it's not ... it's 100% correct

(and i posted that tweet :p )

Predator also comng to PC
egsclusive (confirmed)

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I could see that aspect of LiS2 making me stop caring about any of it, why am i bothering when they'll just do as they please anyway?

I haven't played LiS1 yet though so i have to get through that first. I'm not very good at remembering motivations and previous answers or behaviours in games so i usually stay away from this sort of thing but the recent sale made me think, "why not give it a go?".

Anyway, PC gaming Stores to me are Steam, GOG, Itch or the dev themselves but i can see why some people equate Steam as being PC gaming.
PC Gaming to me is Openness, flexiblity, mad configuration, modding, custom controllers and niche genres and communities.
We've been through all this shit before and we'll weather it out the same as last time. Like when the AAA games went console only, it gave space to smaller titles, studios and genres to thrive and innovate. ... and look AAA is back... again.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So Predator: Hunting Grounds will be on EGS.

I really like the alien vs. predator movies and the predator movies. I even played the Predator PSP game, but Hunting Grounds game looks rough right now.

We also don't know if it's timed or full exclusive.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

I really like the alien vs. predator movies and the predator movies. I even played the Predator PSP game, but Hunting Grounds game looks rough right now.

and nothing of value was lost. Imagine investing in Illfonic after the Friday the 13th shitshow.

This game screams DOA even if it was on Steam. Let alone somewhere like EGS. Guess it makes sense though, Sony gets a big bag of cash and throws it out to die.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Rumors are suggesting that Halo MCC (Reach for now) will be annouunced for Switch.

Meaning you have Halo on 3 platforms and only 1 of them allows you to play Halo online for free.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I could see that aspect of LiS2 making me stop caring about any of it, why am i bothering when they'll just do as they please anyway?
only sometimes ... that's the thing - he DOES learn from you ... from what you say and do (and the ending entirely depends on what you did in the previous episodes and what he learned from you)

honestly, for me - if he was doing EXACTLY what i say 100% of the time the game would be boring as fuuuuuuck (and it would also be completely pointless to have 2 characters ... at that point they might as well just remove him completely and give the powers to your character)

I haven't played LiS1 yet though so i have to get through that first. I'm not very good at remembering motivations and previous answers or behaviours in games so i usually stay away from this sort of thing but the recent sale made me think, "why not give it a go?".
i still think you should give it a go ... it's an absolutely amazing game (and i'll stand by it ... forever)

A storefront with no review system seems like the perfect match.
it just sucks because it likely means sony will release ALL their games on egs (this is the second one they're doing egsclusivity for)

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Nintendo Indie World direct starting when Boneworks releases is such bad timing goddamn.

If one of them is gonna end up being dissapointing I hope it's the direct.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
you DO realize he's a 9 year old kid, right? that's the entire point ... he's supposed to be a human being, not a robot that just does everything you tell him to ... if that was the case - you'd be the one with powers, not your brother ... the entire point of the game is trying to raise him, and with that also comes stuff like you mentioned - he won't always listen and do exactly what you want him to ... and yes, sometimes that results in stupid decisions - just like in real life

and that's precisely one of the reasons why i love this game so much!
And that's why I can't enjoy the game. He is 9, not a puberty ridden, rebellious teenager. He is still at the age where he mostly follows his authority figure and should be in the "I-want-to-be-like-my-big-brother" phase. Kids at 9 know how to hold secrets, especially Family secrets (that's why abuse in the family is often so much overlooked). Even if they had a (normal) strained relationship as brothers before, all the experiences they had and all the role-model decisions you do, they should be thick as thieves at that point. ESPECIALLY after doing so much stupid shit, that he should be aware by now, that he can#t continue to do shit like this.

This is a narrative game and I look at it from a narrative point of view and gameplay doesn't fall into it. And the whole political statement and social commentary falls flat on its nose when the point of the story is that a kid makes stupid decisions. Him being Latino doesn't influence his stupid decision-making skills. This story doesn't help point out racism when a big part of the decisions or the narrative drive is due to a kid that makes stupid decisions.

Him deciding to go to the town at the end of episode 2 wasn't because of racism, him trying to rob a place they were working at wasn't racism, unless you want to argue that the devs wanted to point out that Latinos/PoC always rob their workplace.

The narrative is amateur and inconsistent up to Episode 3. The big deceisions at the end of ep2 and 3 had nothing to do with racism. If it had a better written story, you could have implemented a narrative where the boys could be powerfull but it would mean nothing because of the roadblocks that racism is laying before them.

Racism was the fuel that started of the story but it had almost nothing to do with the middle part. I only see a powerfull kid that fumbles everything because of stupidity to serve the narrative.
Sorry for the long rant, but I look at it from a story point of view and I hate stories that can only get to a point because characters behave stupid.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Nothing is total exclusive, we will find out sooner or later.

it just sucks because it likely means sony will release ALL their games on egs (this is the second one they're doing egsclusivity for)
Yes, probably that's what is going to happen, 1 year exclusivity for every release as MS is on Steam, Sony will go EGS.

Reactions: lashman and Arsene

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I don't have time for any LiS discussion right now, but I agreed with what Kyougar wrote, at least the parts I read.

It''s a good game, but it does not live up to the first game imo.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
It's why a lot of Horror films don't work for me if the protagonist or victims are making stupid decisions all the time. I end up just thinking "Fuck 'em, why hasn't this useless killing machine monster just offed them already?"

I'll tackle LiS1 in a few weeks and probably pick up LiS2 later on. I know it's a different experience to LiS1 so i am interested.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Its RE3 1st person or 3rd?, the trailer make it look like its 1st, but for a second there they show a bit of over the shoulder shooting.

Nevermind, just saw the gameplay.

When Steam preorder?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I don't have time for any LiS discussion right now, but I agreed with what Kyougar wrote, at least the parts I read.

It''s a good game, but it does not live up to the first game imo.
i completely disagree ... it's not even REMOTELY close to being as incredible as 2 (and i actually really like the first one too ... it's just that 2 is sooooooooo much better)

lots of stuff
oh god ... where do i even begin ... hmm, ok, let's start here:

And that's why I can't enjoy the game. He is 9, not a puberty ridden, rebellious teenager. He is still at the age where he mostly follows his authority figure and should be in the "I-want-to-be-like-my-big-brother" phase.
exactly ... MOSTLY - you said it yourself ;) and that's exactly what's happening in the game ... he MOSTLY follows what you teach him

Kids at 9 know how to hold secrets, especially Family secrets (that's why abuse in the family is often so much overlooked). Even if they had a (normal) strained relationship as brothers before, all the experiences they had and all the role-model decisions you do, they should be thick as thieves at that point. ESPECIALLY after doing so much stupid shit, that he should be aware by now, that he can#t continue to do shit like this.
yes, of course ... and again - that's exactly what's happening in the game ... but you also have to remember what's going on in episode 3 exactly ... and what EXACTLY leads to what happens there

This is a narrative game and I look at it from a narrative point of view and gameplay doesn't fall into it. And the whole political statement and social commentary falls flat on its nose when the point of the story is that a kid makes stupid decisions. Him being Latino doesn't influence his stupid decision-making skills. This story doesn't help point out racism when a big part of the decisions or the narrative drive is due to a kid that makes stupid decisions.
it's not a big point ... it's just a point in the story

yes, he's Latino ... but he's ALSO a 9 year old kid ... kids do stupid stuff sometimes (regardless of how well you try to raise them)

Him deciding to go to the town at the end of episode 2 wasn't because of racism, him trying to rob a place they were working at wasn't racism, unless you want to argue that the devs wanted to point out that Latinos/PoC always rob their workplace.
of course it wasn't racism ... it was just him being a kid! in episode 2 it was close to christmas, so OF COURSE he'd still want to experience it ... especially after what happened in episode 1 ...

he thought nothing bad would happen if they just went out once ... he was wrong ... like i said - kids sometimes make stupid decisions, it happens, and no amount of "good upbringing" will change that

as for episode 3 - he did what he did because in that episode Sean was basically getting tired of him and more interested in others in the camp, and Finn was actually treating him like an adult, so i can definitely see why he kinda/sorta started looking up to him instead of Sean

yes, it was a bad decision (obviously) ... but again - people DO make mistakes ... and yes, he might be 9 then ... but after what happened to them previously, i'd say he's definitely "older" than 9 at that point

The big decisions at the end of ep2 and 3 had nothing to do with racism. If it had a better written story, you could have implemented a narrative where the boys could be powerful but it would mean nothing because of the roadblocks that racism is laying before them.
that's ... the ... entire ... point!

they're still human beings ... race doesn't matter and has ZERO influence over how they're acting ... it only affects how others treat them!

it doesn't have to ENTIRELY be about racism ... it's also a story about brotherhood and what it means

Racism was the fuel that started of the story but it had almost nothing to do with the middle part. I only see a powerful kid that fumbles everything because of stupidity to serve the narrative.
yes, it was the fuel ... but again - it's not a story just about racism ... it's SO MUCH more than that

and again - if anything, Daniel is MUCH smarter than i was at that age

and yes, kids sometimes behave stupid ... very much so ... so do adults

It's why a lot of Horror films don't work for me if the protagonist or victims are making stupid decisions all the time. I end up just thinking "Fuck 'em, why hasn't this useless killing machine monster just offed them already?"

I'll tackle LiS1 in a few weeks and probably pick up LiS2 later on. I know it's a different experience to LiS1 so i am interested.
LiS2 REALLY isn't like that ... it's definitely nothing like "let's split up" in horror movies etc. ... i really wish i could convey better just how GOOD the writing in that game is :(

Maybe Sony put smaller games on EGS and bigger games on both EGS and Steam. Let's pray.
we can only hope ... but i very seriously doubt it :(

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
we can only hope ... but i very seriously doubt it :(
Well at this moment we only have Predator and that one game that I forgot the name on EGS which are smaller games and Death Stranding on both EGS and Steam.

If the rumour about HZD is true we'll see where Sony will put it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.