Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Done with LiS 2 Episode 3.

Still the same bullshit with stupid decisions you can't influence because of story reasons.

Reactions: MJunioR

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Okay folks, I bought a Switch so if you have any videogame or accessory recommendation, go for it!
Switch Pro Controller is a must, especially since it's a pretty damn great PC controller too!

As for games - Mario + Rabbids is a cheap and really good XCOM type game, Luigi's Mansion 3 is a return to form and the best in the series, Fire Emblem Three Houses is great and holy shit is it massive. Astral Chain is a really fascinating Platinum Games title, and Dragon Quest XI is best on Switch if you haven't already played it elsewhere.

Obligatory nods for Zelda and Mario, ofc.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Wow, I didn't realize how the scroll wheel actually worked for the desktop with the Steam controller, and now that I know you spin on the left trackpad I'm actually having a really great time just using this thing for web browsing! Cool stuff.

Reactions: Kvik and lashman

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Okay folks, I bought a Switch so if you have any videogame or accessory recommendation, go for it!
Switch Pro Controller is solid but the dpad problems made me sold mine in the end. If you already have a Dualshock 4/Xbox One S/WiiU Pro controller and you want to save some money. You can buy this 8BitDo Wireless USB Adapter | 8BitDo and use it on your switch.

I can vouch for this controller's awesomeness:

I bought the newer revision and it's pretty great. 8BitDo SN30 Pro+ | 8BitDo
On PC you can even have it set either to be an xinput controller or the switch pro controller depending on how you start it up. And it has analog triggers for the xinput mode.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I have clocked about 20 hrs on RDR2 and while the opening hours weren't that good, mostly because I spent 1 ~ 2 hrs tweaking and messing with the graphical options, I can say that I never had this much fun by greeting people and lassoing these who don't answer or get rude with me. I'm still on chapter 2 because I can't help but get distracted by anything in this game. I had the game on PS4 but never gave it much attention, so it's all new things for me. Maybe I'll even try dive in the online later.

Lain

serial experiments
Sep 20, 2018
Any bets on how bad the mouse control for the camera in Dragon Quest Builder 2 will be?

The demo showcases a pretty damn bad implementation, with the mouse unbearingly slow even at the fastest in-game setting.
I bet the game goes live like that and will never be fixed, knowing KT and SE.

Reactions: PC-tan

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I wouldn't call that addressing shortcomings, just going to social media because it's now apparent (some) developers can't bother using an appropriate channel.

Last edited:
Reactions: PC-tan

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Switch Pro Controller is a must, especially since it's a pretty damn great PC controller too!
I bought the newer revision and it's pretty great. 8BitDo SN30 Pro+ | 8BitDo
On PC you can even have it set either to be an xinput controller or the switch pro controller depending on how you start it up. And it has analog triggers for the xinput mode.
So which one is better? Switch pro or 8bitdo SN30 Pro+? I don't like Playstation layout but it's $25 cheaper than Pro controller.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
PS Fanboys on suicide watch
i’m an expert in Japanese culture and all that
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFVII Remake for other platforms, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFVII Remake for other platforms or you can kiss your business goodbye.

didamangi

Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
So which one is better? Switch pro or 8bitdo SN30 Pro+? I don't like Playstation layout but it's $25 cheaper than Pro controller.
For me the 8bitdo. The dpad problem on the switch pro is too massive a problem for me (Especially playing Tetris 99)

But if you want the best cheapest option and already have a dualshock 4, just buy the 8bitdo adapter, DS4 works great and has gyro support as well with that adapter.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
For me the 8bitdo. The dpad problem on the switch pro is too massive a problem for me (Especially playing Tetris 99)

But if you want the best cheapest option and already have a dualshock 4, just buy the 8bitdo adapter, DS4 works great and has gyro support as well with that adapter.
Can it work with XboneS controller? Also what is HD Rumble? I noticed that 8bitdo doesn't have that feature.

didamangi

Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Can it work with XboneS controller? Also what is HD Rumble? I noticed that 8bitdo doesn't have that feature.
It can but no gyro support obviously on the xbox one.

HD Rumble

But it's much weaker on the switch pro than the joycon, not too important really for most games. I think it's haptic feedback like the steam controller but more advanced maybe. The vibration feels similar on both, not like the rumble motors on ds4 and xbox.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
So, we're definitely at least getting a date for Hollow Knight Silksong tomorrow, yeah? Game was announced 10 months ago and was playable 6 months ago at E3.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
It can but no gyro support obviously on the xbox one.

HD Rumble

But it's much weaker on the switch pro than the joycon, not too important really for most games. I think it's haptic feedback like the steam controller but more advanced maybe. The vibration feels similar on both, not like the rumble motors on ds4 and xbox.
Hmm I guess use Joystick for games that use rumble and 8bitdo for everything else will work better.

Which 8bitdo controller you recommend? SN30 Pro+?

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
Sometimes you just want to watch the world burn and see how Sony and Gaben announce their partnership on The Game Awards just to feed on the energy that would be all around console centric places at the moment.

MUH EXZCLUZIVEZ!
The console playing EGS defenders would have a stroke

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Sometimes you just want to watch the world burn and see how Sony and Gaben announce their partnership on The Game Awards just to feed on the energy that would be all around console centric places at the moment.

MUH EXZCLUZIVEZ!
I want to see this.

Reactions: lashman

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Yup, analog triggers and the grips makes it a better deal than sn30 pro. And they're practically the same price in Indonesia.
Thanks! I'll get it later after I bought the Switch lol.

Do you have any recommendation on case/pouch?

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
What Bios version? Your post made me check, I'm on ~F40, but apparently there is an F50 version for B/X450+ boards that improves boot times. Gigabyte that is.
Updating Bios is scary! Not sure what my x370 is, probably original from 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.