Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I've spent pretty much all day in bed with the flu. Man what has happened to me? When I was 14 and I got to skip school because I had the flu I spent all day playing videogames, now I feel like I'm about to die. I'm getting old.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
RE3 looks awesome.

I fucking love Stein's Gate but the trailer for that spin-off... Let's say I'm not impressed...

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I did not get the Nitro offer with Game Pass Ultimate, but it should come soon for PC owners.

It is supposed to appear in a chat message in the Xbox App.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
My DQB2 PC review wasn't ready to go live by launch, but I do have a few impressions to share!

I tested the game on my old 950m laptop, and the game ran at 1080p/60 at low settings. My current 1660 ti laptop was more than enough for 1080p/60 at max settings, and my OC'd Vega 56 desktop could handle 1440p/60 max settings fine, too.

The game supports SCAPI, with full Steam Input support. Steam Controller prompts, Xbox prompts, DS4 prompts, etc. KB/m controls are pretty good, though you definitely want to increase your sensitivity a bit at the start. Still, you can tell that this wasn't a quick and dirty port. Good job, SE!

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I've spent pretty much all day in bed with the flu. Man what has happened to me? When I was 14 and I got to skip school because I had the flu I spent all day playing videogames, now I feel like I'm about to die. I'm getting old.
Drink whiskey until you get better.

Reactions: Eferis

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Has anyone been playing the new Shovel Knight DLC?
Is anyone able to confirm if the card game is totally optional or not?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Control being IGNs goty makes me even more eager to play the game, not sure how long I can go as the game seems right up my alley, I just trying to keep forgetting about it by playing other games, but it's difficulty. Control is the most difficulty game to wait on, every other EGS exclusive is easy even though they look like my type of games.

Maybe Im just gonna go to the high seas if the game doesn't get announced for game pass during TGA. I don't wanna get it on EGS, so my best route for me is either game pass or high seas.

I will get it on Steam regardless if I go to the high seas or play an eventual game pass version when it's out on Steam. Im simply just not getting it on EGS, that's my rule for EGS exclusives.

Last edited:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Control being IGNs goty makes me even more eager to play the game, not sure how long I can go as the game seems right up my alley, I just trying to keep forgetting about it by playing other games, but it's difficulty. Control is the most difficulty game to wait on, every other EGS exclusive is easy even though they look like my type of games.

Maybe Im just gonna go to the high seas if the game doesn't get announced for game pass during TGA. I don't wanna get it on EGS, so my best route for me is either game pass or high seas.
Wait for the Steam release. I played and finished the game and it is indeed quite good, it deserves to be played on a decent platform.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Must be nice, getting new features like integer scaling and stuff even on older graphics cards.

Fecking Nvidia... :weary-face:
Having both an AMD build (using an Ryzen APU) and a NVidia one (with super old GTX 780Ti) I get what you're saying

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Wait for the Steam release. I played and finished the game and it is indeed quite good, it deserves to be played on a decent platform.
Im getting it on Steam regardless wherever I play the game now from the high seas or through game pass. I simply just won't buy it on EGS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ge0force

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
We still don't now when control dlc will be out apart from vaguetimeframe or length of ps4 exclusivity, could come very near steam release.

dlc 1 was supposed to come out before end of 2019, but since we have heard nothing, it surely won't come out next week, after that year is effectively over

Dlc 2 mid 2020, that's like 2 months before Steam release.

At least to close for syeam release to be gory edition, which sucks

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

We still don't now when control dlc will be out apart from vaguetimeframe or length of ps4 exclusivity, could come very near steam release.

dlc 1 was supposed to come out before end of 2019, but since we have heard nothing, it surely won't come out next week, after that year is effectively over

Dlc 2 mid 2020, that's like 2 months before Steam release.

At least to close for syeam release to be gory edition, which sucks
pretty sure they'll shadowdrop it at The Keighleys™ ... they've been teasing something today

Reactions: madjoki and Mor

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
Apr 21, 2019
Well, for a subset of "VR communities" which is basically "hysterical redditors".

I've been following VR since before the Oculus DK1 kickstarter.
If you listen to the loudest voices in those "communities", then everyone wants total gut-wrenching stick-sliding carnage, everywhere, and alternatives should be an afterthought for a small minority at best.
If you look at both actual VR newcomers and less vocal longterm users such as myself (or other VR pioneers I know in real life) then you get quite a different story.
While I strongly favor free locomotion, I get where you're coming from. HL VR is trying to be the Mario 64 of VR. The VR game for people that didn't want a VR game. I'm not actually opposed to the game being designed with teleportation in mind in and of itself. I'm not one of those hysterical TELEPORTATION IS FOR BABIES. YOU SHOULD JUST LEARN TO NOT BE MOTION SICK people. A lot of folks don't remember, but Valve were always self-conscious about motion sickness. They had a jetski in HL2 originally, and it caused playtesters to vomit, so they replaced it with the airboat, which also made people sick, but less so. However, I do have concerns about the impact on level design if they didn't even consider non-teleportation until fairly late in development. I kinda feel like the best approach would have been to holistically design the levels around both methods from the start. However, we'll just have to see how the game is executed. The trailer really doesn't give enough context.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Boneworks and Hades is steady on the top seller list, Boneworks seems to do really good.

Good stuff.

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
How's Neo Cab and Church In The Darkness? Worth it at current discount?
Church In The Darkness was full of flaws at launch. Don't know if it's better now, but few months ago it was boring and kinda broken.

Neo Cab is one of my best experience this year, short but well written. It's sort of a VN, but with a lot more gameplay and dialogues choices than usuals VN. I'll say it's a VN 2.0 written by good writers.

Wrote something about it but it's in French, just in case : Neo Cab – DYSTOPEEK

Don't know which language you speak, but French translation is one of the best I ever read. Even in movies, TV shows or books.

Reactions: Wok and Rosenkrantz

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
That REsistance co-op game being the multiplayer component of REmake 3 sure is an interesting twist. I still expect shit but that makes me much more willing to give it a chance than if it were a separate purchase. I just hope it's not indicative of the single-player campaign being smaller in scope than RE2.

Also, I sure feel like an idiot for buying Pyre over a year ago. Played like two hours and stopped because I found it kinda boring. It being a bonus is actually making me less inclined to impulse buy Hades. Well, that and the price, the fact that it's in EA and the whole EGS deal thing. :upside-down-face:

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
I'm sadly not feeling Boneworks. I hate the full VR body thing (as expected, it's either getting in the way of gameplay a lot, or on the wrong place compared to my real body). It's got a very slow start for a dumbo like me too.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I could really use Hades on Humble right about now.

What was mentioned in the Nindie Direct today????
I heard something about Axiom Verge 2. I fully expect that to be an EGSclusive, and I'm cool with that. Especially with all Happ has had to go through since the release of the first gmae.

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
Also booooooooooooooooo Axiom Verge 2 on Switch exclusivity FUCK U TOO Nintendo san

Also Gunlord X is on PS4

Gunlord on Steam when????????

Reactions: Tizoc
Status
Not open for further replies.