Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Pfft, it's no Disco Elysium.
it's not ... it's much better

as much as i love Disco (and i genuinely do) - it really doesn't come even close to LiS2 when it comes to writing and characters

it really is THAT good

Last edited:
Reactions: Dandy

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
Extremely salty as I haven't heard a damn thing about Panzer Paladin or Plague Hunteress

Google them

Panzer Paladin has almost same gameplay/story mechanic as Gato Robo and Plague Hunteress has....politics? It's almost a castlevania rip off tbqh

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Steam Client Beta - December 10, 2019
DEC 10 @ 9:42PM - PHILIPLA
The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

Library
  • Allow Family Sharing for tools.
  • Fix new categories created in small mode or Big Picture mode not being properly saved when switching to normal mode.
  • Fix recently played but disallowed by Family View games not appearing in the Recent Games shelf (or the MRU jump list) when Family View is enabled at startup.
Remote Play Together
  • Family Sharing can now be used in conjunction with Remote Play Together.
Linux
  • steam runtime 0.20191210.1: gnutls update to support Proton, further improvements to steam-runtime-system-info.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Pretty positive impressions so far with the steam controller. Messed around with Quake Champions and Dragon Quest Builders 2 and it felt great moving around just interacting with everything. Was able to do a somewhat successful strafe jump in Quake and moving the camera in DQB2 feels so much smoother faster than if I were to use dual sticks.

I'll have to try more games but it's been hard trying to configure the steam controller for DQB2. I've got the basic movements down but there's a lot of button overlap makes it hard to configure. It's not recognized as a controller so I have to find the keyboard key equivalent and remap to just make it work. Probably not the best game to try this with. The game is great though.

Reactions: lashman

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Ugh. I might have to give in and buy Hades. I didn't enjoy the gameplay of Pyre at all but I really liked Transistor and Hades looks even more my style. One could argue the random PR guy that lied via email to me shouldn't make the whole dev team suffer but eh. Have a few days to weigh my moral compass.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
As I can't find a thread for general switch game talk, I am gonna post it here.

The dauntless port is shit. They sacrificed a lot of graphical settings to get it barely working at 30 FPS. It is such a blurry mess. Video choices are limited to 2. Brightness and motion blur. Was thinking since I don't want the epic launcher I could continue playing it this way but nah. Just gonna wait for Iceborne.

Also Hades breaking my will...want to buy it.

Freaking double sword here. Buy to show that they should put it on every store at same time, but buy it letting them know it is "okay" to take the cash and year exclusivity.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Yep, I'm sure we'll see Nioh 2 eventually. Koei Tecmo loves to put just about everything on Steam at some point.

The wait does hurt for sure though. I really enjoyed the first one and what I've seen of the second looks like it will be even better.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Ah have xbox game pass ultimate until april! Did it just for the spotify offer! BUT saw that it's only for new spotify accounts! Hmh do I really want to make a new one?XD

Edit: well aren't I a fool, it's US/UK only.

Last edited:

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
I'm not surprised that Sony went with EGS, the message was clear when QD stuff was announced as an egsclusive. We can only speculate on reasons why, but I guess Sony does want to enter PC market in some capacity and sees Steam as a main competitor (duh). I don't know how are they planning to break Valve's grip because that Predator game is not the right ingridient at all.

Lain

serial experiments
Sep 20, 2018
Redeemed my Dragon Quest Builder 2 key and started playing. The final release exhibited the same issue with mouse camera control as the demo, which was very disappointing. Then I read in the steam forum that changing the polling rate fixes the issue, and indeed changing my g502 polling rate from 1000 to 125 made the camera actually become snappy.

I dont think it is an ideal solution, but at least it works.

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Oh hey, I played a few minutes of the new Shovel Knight update. It's really good so far. This is coming from someone who is 1) completely tired of shovel knight 2) never really cared for the new chapters. King Knight feels great to play. Give it a spin,,, if you own the Trove.

Really nice behind the curtain of the financials behind Dusk and how hard it was for them to pursuit their dream.

And this one is from the dev side.
I'm happy for them. I need to pick up Amid Evil soon.

Reactions: Ibuki and lashman

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I thought the Dorrito awards would have happened during the last night. Weird.

Edit: It will be tomorrow.

I see I am not the only one whose week seems to flow weird in here. I also thought it was yesterday.

Reactions: Wok

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
1/09 Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
Waifus: :H02shy2: Game: :h02writing: :h02writing:

1/17 Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
Waifus: :H02heart: :H02heart: :H02heart: Game: :H02excited: :H02excited: :H02excited: :H02excited:

3/03 FF7 Remake
Waifus: :H02heart: :H02heart: :H02heart: :H02heart: :H02heart: Game: :H02excited: :H02excited: :H02excited: :H02excited: :H02excited:

3/13 Nioh 2
Waifus: :H02heart: :H02heart: Game: :H02excited: :H02excited: :H02excited: :H02excited:

3/19 Fairy Tail

Waifus: :H02shy2: Game: :h02writing:

3/20 Doom Eternal

Waifus: :H02shrug: Game: :H02eating: :H02eating: :H02eating: :H02eating: :H02eating:

3/31 Persona 5 Royal

Waifus: :H02heart: :H02heart: :H02heart: :H02heart: :H02heart: Game: :H02hmm: :H02hmm:

4/03 RE3Make

Waifus: :H02heart: Game: :H02excited: :H02excited: :H02excited: :H02excited: :H02excited:

4/16 Cyberpunk

Waifus: :H02shrug: Game: :h02writing: :h02writing:

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Is PG the worst major studio in terms of art direction? I get their priorities lie elsewhere, but being full of former Clover staff I expected a little bit more from the creators of Okami.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Is PG the worst major studio in terms of art direction? I get their priorities lie elsewhere, but being full of former Clover staff I expected a little bit more from the creators of Okami.
Astral Chain looks pretty great, as does Bayonetta 2 (the original in its time too really, though it has some issues on that front with the colors and post processing) and The Wonderful 101. The Transformers game looked pretty good for the low budget thing it clearly was even. And of course their work on Granblue Fantasy: Relink was superb. I'd say they have more hits than misses in that area (and some middle of the road stuff on top, like Revengeance). Maybe this is more on Square Enix, not PG. It doesn't really look striking to me on any level, NieR for all its drab colors looked very enticing and interesting from day 1.

But no, even at their worst they aren't nearly as bad as some of Bethesda's studios for example.

Last edited:

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Maybe this is more on Square Enix, not PG.
Could be, but it's not the first time their game looks bland as hell, MGR, Anarchy Reigns, Vanquish all had that problem. MadWorld is an interesting case there aesthetic choice made not all that impressive environmental art look pretty great.

Reactions: MJunioR

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
RE3 in the same week as P5R. The year is so fucking big but of course I'm now forced to choose between 2 games from 2 of my favorite franchises. Gonna have to go with RE3. As much as I love P5, Royal is a game I already played with added content. Well, technically I've already played RE3 as well, but yeah, it's a bit different to say the least.
I managed to pre-order RE2 for 32 euro, would be awesome to get a similar deal for RE3.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Humble Monthly/Choice slightly decreases the relevance of the Interactive Recommender. For instance, these games get recommended to me: Almost There, because of a Monthly bundle ; Blasphemous appeared because of Choice. Almost There is at the top of the ranking!

Okay, I bought some Humble bundles, but that does not mean that I want to collect all of the games available in Humble bundles.

Reactions: Angelo and Ruvon

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
But no, even at their worst they aren't nearly as bad as some of Bethesda's studios for example.
While I agree that Bethesda proper has some rather terrible art (comes down with a territory when your game is full of barren wastelands) there's some very strong, inspired art direction to be found in both Morrowind and Skyrim.

Now, if we are talking about Bethesda's acquired studios, when I have to say that MachineGames and, especially, Arkane are absolute top-tier. Arkane might be the best studio in the entire industry in the art and level design departments.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Elder Scrolls has had great concepts but I don't see anything resembling great art direction and art in the actual games outside isolated instances (and being instances also shows it's not art direction, just that one specific artist making something really nice among all the meh stuff, not following a central vision).

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I checked the speeds of my drives. My 15 year old hard drive is only 88MB/s, my Samsung SSDs are over 500MB/s and my Intel 660p is over at 1,500MB/s!!!!!!!!

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I don't see anything special in that timestamp. Some things looked nice. Skyrim did impress me at first but it soon became clear it wasn't all that overall.

Sygmaelle

MetaMember
Sep 8, 2019
While I agree that Bethesda proper has some rather terrible art (comes down with a territory when your game is full of barren wastelands) there's some very strong, inspired art direction to be found in both Morrowind and Skyrim.

Now, if we are talking about Bethesda's acquired studios, when I have to say that MachineGames and, especially, Arkane are absolute top-tier. Arkane might be the best studio in the entire industry in the art and level design departments.
They're up there with Eidos Montreal imho. Oh yeah also ID software

edit : and IO interactive most definitely

Reactions: Rosenkrantz

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I thought IOI only showed really strong art direction with Absolution. It was a shame about the gameplay. The games after that were definitely better as games but the art side took a big hit imo, even if there's some great architecture or whatever to see it doesn't tie together so well or so stylishly as in Absolution.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJunioR

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Hades has been staying on top 10 best seller globally since yesterday while Ashen dropped like a rock.

Boneworks is doing extremely well.. Haven't left top spot.

Great games is doing great.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Here there be goblins!

“Once upon a time, in a deep and ancient forest…”

So begins the Book of Goblins, a compendium of the Ronan twins’ homemade fairy tales!

As Alyson and Tyler return to their childhood home for the first time in ten years, they rediscover their imaginary alter egos: the Crafty Goblins. This rowdy pair spent their days exploring the wilderness, causing mischief, and eating everything in sight – and Alyson created the Book of Goblins to memorialize all the Crafty Goblins’ adventures.

What purpose might this book serve for the twins’ homecoming? What secrets might it hold for the future?

We’ll be sharing more info about the Book of Goblins as we get closer to Tell Me Why’s release! For now, here are just a few of the many characters who feature in the Crafty Goblins’ tales:

The Old Bear is silly but strong, with a heart bigger than his paws.

The Moose is a stalwart fellow, always trying to help his friends see right from wrong.

The Pelican is a charitable bird whose beak is filled with a never-ending supply of seafood.

Last but not least, the Secret Keeper is a mysterious spirit who lives in the trees, gathering memories to keep in the clouds.

Follow us on social media to get all the goblin lore – and reach out to let us know what other Book of Goblins content you want to see!

FunnyJay