Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I asked friend to get me EVGA RTX 3070 in the US and ship it here. And apparently GPU arrived in my country like week ago but still no delivery. And so far it costed me like 550€ (lowest price for new one here is still like 700€ for some cheaper models).
ohh, that's actually not too bad ... good catch! :)

hopefully it arrives soon then! :)

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'm really surprised by the amount of "story stuff" (VA, cutscenes, and full fledged video) in Iron Harvest.
If anyone is interested in a rather traditional full-fledged RTS campaign, then I can recommend it. Especially in coop, where it has basically no competition.

I'd say this is another Kickstarter project which really delivered what it promised.

I went over to RPS for the first time in a month or so, and was surprised to see how low the activity was in the comments section. Lots of articles with sub-10 comments, and even the advent calendar posts only mustered about 50 comments.

I wonder if they have lost a lot of their readers.
Well, anecdotally, I used to read RPS regularly years back but I completely stopped going there.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I asked friend to get me EVGA RTX 3070 in the US and ship it here. And apparently GPU arrived in my country like week ago but still no delivery. And so far it costed me like 550€ (lowest price for new one here is still like 700€ for some cheaper models).
I'm jealous, I have had no luck in my country for a 3080. Welcome back btw, looked like a bloodbath there.

I'm really surprised by the amount of "story stuff" (VA, cutscenes, and full fledged video) in Iron Harvest.
If anyone is interested in a rather traditional full-fledged RTS campaign, then I can recommend it. Especially in coop, where it has basically no competition.

I'd say this is another Kickstarter project which really delivered what it promised.
Yeah I really enjoyed it, one of my best RTS games in recent years, and they have had some good updates for it.

Reactions: Durante and lashman

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I went over to RPS for the first time in a month or so, and was surprised to see how low the activity was in the comments section. Lots of articles with sub-10 comments, and even the advent calendar posts only mustered about 50 comments.

I wonder if they have lost a lot of their readers.
In the last few years, and especially the last few months, RPS has changed so much that it's probably a situation where the readership just gradually finds other things to read. It has been that way for me. I read it daily for years but now I randomly check it once a week maybe. It's not bad or anything. But they have shifted their focus so much that there's not much that separates them from any other games site. The only time there's commenting now is when they run some "controversy" story and you get a bunch of random pissed off people, and all that was what really turned me off their content, I mean just the negativity. Comment threads used to be funny and now they're just either disengaged or very spiteful.

They got bought by a big media company, then I think that got bought too. They also just laid off at least a couple good writers who wrote stuff I enjoyed reading and found useful, I guess they're a little tight on payroll. Some other people left for whatever reasons. But kept the youtube/podcast guy, and the person whose job is to write "Fortnite" and "Rainbow Six" every day for the ads or whatever. I mean not that they do bad work, but I think the people who have read RPS for years aren't really into the increased new way, decreased old way. And they fired Tim Stone for some foolish battle he jumped on in the comments of a super dumb article, and he was basically the last of old RPS.

For the first time since years ago I haven't clicked on a single one of their advent posts, but they used to be fun. It feels like it had its run.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Ah, a good evening to browse my favorite forum - Metacouncil - and read up on the happenings that i have missed as well as chat with my jolly fellows about our shared passions for the arts of games and anime

It's impressive how you manage to be perfectly fit and muscly in your upper body, except your arms. You gotta show me your training regime one of these days.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Gotta say I'm really enjoying Hades way more than I thought I would. This kind of game is hit or miss with me, but Hades is staying fun without getting frustrating. The carryover abilities and the fact that you're never really dead, dead take the pressure off. I had played through Bastion while I waited for the game to download all week (on my barely existent internet here) and it turned out to be a perfect lead into Hades. Same Supergiant formula with fun weapons, kill everything in the arena, lots of narration and great art, characters, etc, but much improved. Definitely having a good time with this so far.

oipic

Resident Lurker
Sep 19, 2018
I'm sure many others would be further along their Steam Discovery Queue by now, but this figure seems like a timely milestone on which to reflect. Good heavens, so many store pages and screenshots that cannot be unseen. Many indie gems of varying obscurity, and a bulging wishlist, too, it must be said.

This is of course subjective, but for every title of decent production value, there are many times more dross and flotsam to be found. I just hope that most are shielded from it by the vagaries of the mysterious algorithm, and not subjected to seeing the cheap, sordid underbelly of the Steam store. It's a curious thing.

Anyway, good times!

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
So the Steam thread has the exclusive on dex3108 's first 3070 screenshots? Cool, cool. How much did that cost you, lashman ?

While you all are getting ready for Cyberpunk, I'm still playing Stardew Valley, Tetr.io, and a youtube stream of NBA2k21. Save me.
Heh i am playing w40k mechanicus
I dont need no fancy shmancy ray tracing to strike down the sword of the Omnissiah upon the heretical xenos scum

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Ah, a good evening to browse my favorite forum - Metacouncil - and read up on the happenings that i have missed as well as chat with my jolly fellows about our shared passions for the arts of games and anime

Funny, I recognise that energy drink, it's Mega Force! I used to drink it a lot my first year in photography school, used to drink it while I played Skyrim.

So that's actually a pic of me confirmed.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
I'm sure many others would be further along their Steam Discovery Queue by now, but this figure seems like a timely milestone on which to reflect. Good heavens, so many store pages and screenshots that cannot be unseen. Many indie gems of varying obscurity, and a bulging wishlist, too, it must be said.

This is of course subjective, but for every title of decent production value, there are many times more dross and flotsam to be found. I just hope that most are shielded from it by the vagaries of the mysterious algorithm, and not subjected to seeing the cheap, sordid underbelly of the Steam store. It's a curious thing.

Anyway, good times!

That's quite a feat!

How many do you have on ignore? Mine's getting out of hand. :cold-sweat:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I took last Friday and tomorrow off work for a long weekend. The original plan was to put together my new PC, as I was buck sure Scan would ship my CPU out. Oh how wrong I was.

However, the other part of my plan for this weekend was to strip down my old PC and convert it into an Unraid server, which I've been putting a lot of time into this weekend, and I am having a lot of fun doing it!

The Steam-related part, which I haven't even gotten to yet, is I'm going to install a VM of SteamOS or some flavour of Linux and use Proton to run some visual novels on the Unraid server in a virtual machine. Since I usually stream most visual novels to my Android phone and tablet, or run them native on my Surface Pro, the idea going forward is I will run them on the VM and just stream them to whatever device I fancy reading them on. No need to mess about with Steam cloud (which for some VNs isn't supported for some reason) - I can just Steam Link into the VM and read them on any device, wherever I am. It's gonna be pretty cool. My only concern is that the Intel Integrated graphics on i7 6700K won't be able to handle Steam Link, so I may have to get a very cheap graphics card just to handle the video encoding.

The other things I plan to use the server for is Plex/Sonarr/Radarr/Jackett/Ombi, which is what nearly everyone uses Unraid for, and system backups. I've also been tempted to run Monolith on it too, so I can cache my Steam downloads to it rather than download them from the CDN every time I want to install them, but I think I'd want to add an additional 12TB hard drive to the array before I begin to think about that. I've got about 14TB of HDDs either in the system or going in soon and I reckon a Steam cache would almost certainly eat up 2/3 of that, considering the size of my library.

The last thing that's tempted me is possibly hosting a Terraria or Mineraft server, but I'm not sure I could coax anyone to join me in playing on them so it feels like a bit of a waste of resources at this point.

Reactions: Wildebeet and ISee

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

Anyway, good times!

Impressive. I have stopped using the discovery queue a long time ago. I prefer the Interactive Recommender.

When is CP2077 preload suppose to start?
No idea. I misread your question as release time and was going to answer 1 AM CET.

Hidden content
You are not allowed to view this content

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
No idea. I misread your question as release time and was going to answer 1 AM CET, which is annoying for non-players like me.

[Hidden content]
No worires, I realzied shortly after I don't preload games anyways. Im still on a HDD, so unpacking takes longer time than downloading.

Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018

I only bother with the queue when I need to do it to get sale cards.

Yopu guys seem to unearth better games than discovery queue does anyways :steam_pigblanket:

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
MS store gonna MS Store !
For months I thought Spiritfarer on Game Pass only had English support, as mentioned in the barebone store infos and comments.
Butttt turns out that a patch with other languages was released in August !
I just had to dig in the comments again to know it. How silly of me !

Well, to be honest it's maybe on the dev. Sad state of affairs nonetheless.

• Toucan
Reactions: ISee and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.