Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
I have still a 10$ coypon on Stadia and I don't know what to use it on. Preferably something only on Stadia and that I haven't finished/played before (this excludes Gylt and Get Packed) and something that makes me not spend much at all (meaning preferable as close to 10$ as possible).

So far there is

NBA2k21
One Hand Clapping
Lost Words: Beyond the Page (has a Steam page and costs 15$ so probably not getting this)

It's not like I will touch the game Im getting, I just want to use that coupon.
Orcs Must Die 3?
Not really fake, it was a joke article, it happens in Hobbyconsolas but I can understand that people who are not familiar with this magazine would fall :cat-heart-blob:
Do not worry haha
HobbyTrollas then?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Ended up having to decide between NBA2k21 or One Hand Clapping.

NBA 2k11:
  • Not sure how interested I am in basketball
  • reviews are mixed and negative on Steam
  • Over 100 gb apparently

One Hand Clapping:

• In early access apparently
  • Has a Steam page so it will come to Steam at some point
  • Cheap (7$)
  • Looks quite cool (you have to sing into your mic to help the character go from A to B.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Bought NBA. Simply because I don't really care for basketball while One Hand Clapping seems fun and will come to Steam as it has a Steam page.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I forgot to vote yesterday for round 2.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
I have been a little put off by something I read. More like just skimmed. Don't even remember where, maybe a Steam review.
The thing said a lot of the management part of the gameplay was rendered null because you just have to attack a mob boss to win his neighborhood, or something again, it's hazy.
Is there strategic value, is the management good, or is it indeed just a matter of attacking everything in sight ?
That part is sadly true (that in order to win faster you just have to attack mob bosses). At the same time, good luck attacking a mob boss without first weakening them, because their base will be full of hired gangsters and you'll get wrecked. But yes, it's one of the areas where I'd like to see more interesting things than just war.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Ended up having to decide between NBA2k21 or One Hand Clapping.

NBA 2k11:
  • Not sure how interested I am in basketball
  • reviews are mixed and negative on Steam
  • Over 100 gb apparently
How interested are you in absurd microtransactions to the point where the career mode is online only? :steam_cleanseal:

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
How interested are you in absurd microtransactions to the point where the career mode is online only? :steam_cleanseal:
Well I don't care about the game really, I just wanted to use the coupon and One Hand Clapping is a game that looks more interesting and I will get it on Steam.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
You don't need to try anything. Trust Steam reviews.

You should get paid to try this game. 79 cents is 20.79 € too expensive.
Wait, are we talking about the same game? One is NBA 2k11 the other NBA 2k21.
Nevermind, my bad. Fantomena wrote 2k21 and then 2k11 which got me confused.

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Wait, are we talking about the same game? One is NBA 2k11 the other NBA 2k21.
Nevermind, my bad. Fantomena wrote 2k21 and then 2k11 which got me confused.
True. It is a $10 coupon for Stadia, so I hope it is 2k21.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Finished Darksiders 3. That was a short and overall decent fun romp, but it's pretty much worse than 1 and 2.... and if it hadn't been years since I played them and remembered them better, I might have been really disappointed.
The writing is especially garbage.

I think I'll fire up Evil Within next.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Finished Darksiders 3. That was a short and overall decent fun romp, but it's pretty much worse than 1 and 2.... and if it hadn't been years since I played them and remembered them better, I might have been really disappointed.
The writing is especially garbage.

I think I'll fire up Evil Within next.
Hmm, interesting. I definitely liked it better than II, simply because it doesn’t have the bloated length and extraneous RPG elements. If it had a proper map and had iterated on II’s character action-style combat instead of chasing the Soulslike trend, it’d easily be the best game in the series, but as is, I>III>II. Haven’t played Genesis yet.

• Eyes

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
First i need to get my GPU (it is apparently somewhere in my country and it was here since 28th and no updates about it) and then i need to see if it is in one piece XD Then we can talk about screenshots XD

lashman you know what you have to do

Anyway, I need to stop messing around and try to get a 3060 before the year is up. I have been stretching this 1060 thin.

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
By the way, what happened to MCs notifications, they used to be "live" but now you have to refresh the page. I know it's been like this for what, years haha, but remember it was automatic before.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
By the way, what happened to MCs notifications, they used to be "live" but now you have to refresh the page. I know it's been like this for what, years haha, but remember it was automatic before.
nope, they were never "live" :p what technically made them live was the chat thingy ... which you probably have turned off ;)

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
been playing through hades. plays fast and smooth but im terrible at it. lol. ive only managed to get past first two bosses after like 20+ tries total. i just wish thre were better ways to get some health back if you dont run into vendors or the fountains

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Hmm, interesting. I definitely liked it better than II, simply because it doesn’t have the bloated length and extraneous RPG elements. If it had a proper map and had iterated on II’s character action-style combat instead of chasing the Soulslike trend, it’d easily be the best game in the series, but as is, I>III>II. Haven’t played Genesis yet.
I liked that RPG stuff!

But honestly gameplay wise I found 3 to be fine.
It's mostly the story/dialog stuff that really brings it down for me. I found Furies character development to be pretty questionable and most of the dialog made me roll my eyes.

Though, it's been years since I played 1 & 2 so maybe it's just rose-tinted glasses. ¯\(ツ)

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I liked that RPG stuff!

But honestly gameplay wise I found 3 to be fine.
It's mostly the story/dialog stuff that really brings it down for me. I found Furies character development to be pretty questionable and most of the dialog made me roll my eyes.

Though, it's been years since I played 1 & 2 so maybe it's just rose-tinted glasses. ¯\(ツ)
Dunno, I replayed DS1&2 fairly recently (not to completion, because they're boring as fuck) and the dialogue as always been absolute comic book tier. 2 In particular, which is just a succession of "find 3 gizmos kthx".
And 3 is my favorite of the bunch, only good one actually. because the combat is fun, and it isn't in the others, where it's just slow, repetitive QTEs with a couple of basic, barely working hits in-between.
Plus yeah, 3 is short and nice and not a mountain of garbage +1 loot that is utterly worthless, and a large open world devoid of anything of sustenance.

Darksiders 2 was very modern that way, a real precursor of the bloat and trash loot for the dopamine rush until you realize that there isn't a single interesting piece of gear in the entire game, worse than that: the constant item levelling shit means that any unique item that you find will be obsolete when you get it.
Literally the worst loot system I have seen in any game. Even worse than Ubi's scams.

• Eyes

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
How buggy do you expect Cyberpunk to be at launch?

Im tempted to pick it up, going to have a very quiet holiday break so a meaty game would be a welcome way to pass the time. Not usually a fan of buying AAA games at launch as they always seem to need a fair few patches.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
How buggy do you expect Cyberpunk to be at launch?

Im tempted to pick it up, going to have a very quiet holiday break so a meaty game would be a welcome way to pass the time. Not usually a fan of buying AAA games at launch as they always seem to need a fair few patches.
On PC? not that buggy.
On consoles? more buggy than on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.