Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
There's no way it'll reach 500k CCU, it's a singleplayer game. The most I can imagine is 200k.
I already said the following,
My most conservative number is 250k
My prediction is 500k
My wildest one is 600k

and yes, madjoki, I'm taking into consideration the split between the 3 stores and the 4 days area of CCU peaks.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I remembered that my Ubi+ sub lapsed the 8th december so I checked and it turn out despite of no order confirmation, only a charge on the card, I can still download Valhalla Ultimate Edition while WD Legion and Immortals can't because Ubi says I need to buy the game or resub.

So I did get Valhalla UE for 12,6$ after all. Very nice.

Reactions: lashman and LEANIJA

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
GOG and Steam are good stores that people are happy to buy from, so I don't see a piracy problem. There's lots of precedent for high profile DRM free games doing fine.

People who want the game for free will find a way, regardless of DRM.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I wonder how piracy will affect them. Releasing on GOG means no DRM so I expect it to be shared online with zero effort
There will be effort, because the game will be like 100 GB big and then will be patched every day for months. :ninja:
It is one of these cases where good platforms with delta and compressed updates offer significant quality-of-life improvements.

As far as I am concerned, the only features that matter are:
  1. a support for cloud gaming services like Geforce Now,
  2. emojis, profile backgrounds, badges, etc.
Steam and GOG support #1. Only Steam offers #2.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I wonder how piracy will affect them. Releasing on GOG means no DRM so I expect it to be shared online with zero effort
A good example would be HZD, game has been released without DRM since EGS and Steam, it managed to sell over 600k copies Steam only with a high price tag, I don't think piracy will be a problem tbf, there's a lot of people that are happy to buy the game if conditions are the right ones based on personal biases, so yeah, C2077 will be a JUGGERNAUT on PC (Steam/GOG for sure)

Reactions: Tomasety

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I swear every time I think I will buy The Solitaire Conspiracy, I open the store page, see Greg Miller and save 8 bucks. Every time.
Playing a custom solitaire with a Cyberpunk coating, why not, but miss me with your influencer friends for fuck's sake.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The fund is still taking applications and it is open to Black developers and Black-led studios of all shapes and sizes, offering everything from startup funds to global publishing deals.

The first developers to receive funds are:
  • Pension$ — Epoch Media is making a game based on a graphic novel. Pension$ is the story of a financially strapped college professor. He’s approached by a mysterious cowboy, who presents him with a lucrative opportunity. The job manipulates a state’s pension program by killing off retirees. The team has six people in San Francisco, Montreal, and Warsaw.
  • Protodroid Delta — This game is a solo effort run by Adam Kareem, based in Chicago, with contractors around the world. He is building a 3D action-platformer in a “solarpunk” world with a hopeful yet non-utopian vision of the future.
  • KindFolx — This is also solo effort by a Portland developer Taco Pizza Cat, with four contractors. The team is making a single-player collectible card game dungeon crawler. It has real-time battles, randomly selected enemies, events, and treasures will make each run different.
  • Breeze in the Clouds — This game is a sidescrolling, hand-brawling platformer game where the neighborhood pet corgi gains superpowers in an effort to defeat pollution. The Stormy Nights Interactive team has 12 people in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, and Spain.
  • Amma: Chronicles of Lost Stars — This game is a 3D “afrofantasy” action-adventure role-playing game in a charming world. It has exploration and narration inspired by the Dogon mythology. Joinplay Games has five people in Cameroon, Africa.
Humble Bundle will invest more funds in the coming weeks and months. Over the long term, Humble Bundle plans to help publish games with funding, production, and marketing support via its publishing label Humble Games.
Cool.

Reactions: Tizoc and lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
A good example would be HZD, game has been released without DRM since EGS and Steam, it managed to sell over 600k copies Steam only with a high price tag, I don't think piracy will be a problem tbf, there's a lot of people that are happy to buy the game if conditions are the right ones based on personal biases, so yeah, C2077 will be a JUGGERNAUT on PC (Steam/GOG for sure)
Add on that that it had proper regional pricing for a few hours if I recall correctly :).

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I'm happy that they aren't being silly about putting up "release dates" as if it's actually possible to estimate when it's done at this point.

It's probably my single most-looked-forward-to game right now, mind you.
Yeah mine too. I don't necessarily need the game to be "done". I just need them to hit that big red publish button that I imagine to be on somebody's desk at Team Cherry. I'll just accept whatever they've got so far.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
I swear every time I think I will buy The Solitaire Conspiracy, I open the store page, see Greg Miller and save 8 bucks. Every time.
Playing a custom solitaire with a Cyberpunk coating, why not, but miss me with your influencer friends for fuck's sake.
Yeah this really puts me off, even when it's influencers I appreciate and follow myself. It feels a bit forced for the sake of PR.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Best way to not care about stuff like that, to not even know who Greg Miller even is.XD

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Watched a video review of cyberpunk a few days ago and they were only allowed to use footage provided by CDPR. Dude literally said that he wanted to show examples of the many bugs he saw but couldn't because of this. What the hell is this crap?
Basically the only footage you got to see pre-launch is sanitized by the developer, even in professional reviews.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm happy that they aren't being silly about putting up "release dates" as if it's actually possible to estimate when it's done at this point.

It's probably my single most-looked-forward-to game right now, mind you.
Is there something that makes you say that, that is specific to this project? Or is it mostly a "games be hard and unpredictable" rule of thumb? In which case, that's a darn wise thumb.

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Is it does me or is Timmys mouth and eyes too small for his head? :p No, Im not joking or doing a sort of anti-Epic thing. His face has bugged me out since I first saw a pic of him.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.