Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Y'all do know them Capcom games are coming to Steam right?
But I guess y'all got too old and unskilled for good ol' 90s era gameplay and challenge, to be expected from playing all them vidya games what hand hold you all the way through their campaigns and coddle ya like babies :devilish:
I am gonna struggle in GnG R like all hell aren't I....
I can confirm, I am way too old for punishing games.

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
I'm both hard in for Left 4 Evil Dead and Left for 40k. Both look great and I love playing those kind of games with a couple of friends.

Just watched the trailer on YT and if I had to take a guess: The trailer either wasn't running at thirty fps or had other frame-pacing issues.
And I'm not even trying to make fun of the original ARK's performance this time around: It's a poorly made cgi trailer.
I didn't watch the awards, what are you referring to with Left for 40k?

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
No Elden Ring again and a bunch of concept/cgi trailers...

Worst Keighleys ever meh.

I will say Dark Tide gameplay looked pretty good.

Reactions: Shahem

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im definetly doing a replay of Disco when the new version is out. Already planned on doing a replay at some point when I finished it the first time the week it released, but the final cut version has given me a date for that replay.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I can’t wait to jump back into DE. It’ll be a lot smoother now that I know the game better too. Fully expect to make a lot of the same decisions and still love it.

Reactions: Avern and lashman

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
2021 is looking like its going to be another shit year so I'm very pleased to have Yakuza to lull me through the post-holidays quarantine that is definitely going to happen.
Y'all do know them Capcom games are coming to Steam right?
But I guess y'all got too old and unskilled for good ol' 90s era gameplay and challenge, to be expected from playing all them vidya games what hand hold you all the way through their campaigns and coddle ya like babies :devilish:
I am gonna struggle in GnG R like all hell aren't I....
GnG is for filthy casuls now, Arthur dies in 3 hits instead of 2!

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Can't helped but get hyped for Mass Effect. It's probably a 2024 game though.

What did you guys think of Crimson Desert. The setting is generic as hell but visuals and combat look promising.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
What did you guys think of Crimson Desert. The setting is generic as hell but visuals and combat look promising.
I have mixed feelings about it, some parts of the trailer seemed really nice but overall I felt like it being a mix of The Witcher, Game of Thrones and TES V: Skyrim. It was hard for me to understand what was going on the combat.

Reactions: Dragon1893

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Can't helped but get hyped for Mass Effect. It's probably a 2024 game though.

I will probably get hyped for "Will Continue" after I replay that ME trilogy remastered.

For now tho I still have the boring and pointless slog that was Andromeda in my thoughts.

Reactions: lashman

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Confession time: I only played Mass Effect 2 and it was for around 2 hours.
I only played 2/3rds and didn’t enjoy it as much as ME1. The collectors were were too abstract an enemy after ME1’s antagonists, and the streamlining of the game into TPS with RPG elements was the opposite of where I’d have liked the series to go.

The continuation of the strict good cop/bad cop dichotomy didn’t leave much space for nuance either, and IIRC from a gameplay perspective you were heavily disincentivized to pick what you wanted and had to stick to paragon or renegade if you didn’t want to be penalized. If you had more than three choices in any given scenario, that would’ve been less of a problem but that’s how it seemed to play out.

I generally had fun with it though, and I’d like to see it through eventually! Maybe with those remasters.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I was naive and told One Drive it could install on my mother's PC. Then realized she didn't need it since we use GDrive and... well, hilarity ensued.
If I nuke this shit the saved folders like 'Documents' that were added to one drive aren't movable to their prior location.
It seems I need to regedit.
I reinstalled One Drive.

Microsoft, we get you by attrition.

That fucking bugs me though, she don't need two of these services loading.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Season and Tchia caught my interest

Still catching up with everything TGA but damn! I love those. Season in particular has such an incredible character design. I love it.

Also I just laughed at that Elite Odyssey thread where people just can't stop themselves from bringing up Star Citizen and crapping on it in the most fanboyish ways. The insecurity is pretty transparent, but also sad. More space games is good, and just like there isn't a single "best" FPS out there, because it depends on what you like in an FPS, there isn't a "best" space-sim either.

Now to watch all those trailers, holy crap.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Very sad at no Elden Ring, Bloodborne Remastered and P5R.
I expected an Elden Ring teaser myself.
Who knows when Bloodborne PC will be made official. The longer Sony waits the higher the chances of it leaking via a big outlet.
Speaking of which, I wonder if Jason from Kotaku has heard of it. He loves Bloodborne and I'm sure he would not terribly mind having it on PC.

Reactions: Dekunator

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
So it seems like SEGA is working on adding Russian and Portuguese languages to Yakuza 7 according to the data on https://steamdb.info/app/1235140/config/

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.
Besides that, there's also the fact that the game is unavailable to purchase in most Asian countries but they are working on it as it seems on the beta branches. On top of that the game will add Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Simplified Chinese languages as well.

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

And in another SEGA news, if someone here took part of "TOTAL WAR: ELYSIUM CLOSED BETA" you can claim a free total war game copy (Eligible games: Total War: NAPOLEON Definitive Edition, Total War: EMPIRE Definitive Edition ,Total War: MEDIEVAL II Definitive Edition and Total War: THREE KINGDOMS) following the instructions on Thank You for Taking Part in the Total War: ELYSIUM Closed Beta - Total War

Reason: Added Total War promo
Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Jesus, CP is at a steady 800k+ ccu. Some people here really underestimated how big Steam is, both in regards to core players and casual players and this is a game released on Steam, GOG and EGS.

• This!

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Yeesh, so warframe has a free unreal tourney pack that is claimed only thru egs;
claim on egs
install warframe thru egs
egs realizes you are running warframe and own the dlc
Unreal tourney dlc is yours

• This!

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
Besides that, there's also the fact that the game is unavailable to purchase in most Asian countries but they are working on it as it seems on the beta branches. On top of that the game will add Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Simplified Chinese languages as well.
Well now that Yakuza 3-6 were announced, I wouldn't buy this game in foreseeable future. Take your time, SEGA.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I will probably get hyped for "Will Continue" after I replay that ME trilogy remastered.

For now tho I still have the boring and pointless slog that was Andromeda in my thoughts.
Never played Andomeda. Don't intend to. I'll be all over the trilogy remaster though.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I only played 2/3rds and didn’t enjoy it as much as ME1. The collectors were were too abstract an enemy after ME1’s antagonists, and the streamlining of the game into TPS with RPG elements was the opposite of where I’d have liked the series to go.

The continuation of the strict good cop/bad cop dichotomy didn’t leave much space for nuance either, and IIRC from a gameplay perspective you were heavily disincentivized to pick what you wanted and had to stick to paragon or renegade if you didn’t want to be penalized. If you had more than three choices in any given scenario, that would’ve been less of a problem but that’s how it seemed to play out.

I generally had fun with it though, and I’d like to see it through eventually! Maybe with those remasters.
I agree with everything you said.

However, ME2 has one thing going for it: Renegade and Paragon "Actions". But those were apparently too awesome so the later games dropped them again.
But seriously, it was so good to be able to just interrupt an annoying NPC with an action rather than words.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
So here's my little list of things that interested me.

Dragon Age : Not sure I really like that new, nearly cartoony art direction but dang if that city wasn't very interesting. Very Tevinter-y. And wolfie's back, of course!
Darktide : Eh. Not feeling it, not even remotely feeling that Space Marine oh-my-god-does-it-sound-like-a-bolter glee.
Nier Replicant : I'm glad for the fans that it's being made but the lack of papa-nier completely robbed it of any emotional meaningfulness to me.
It Takes Two : Damn it seems rather interesting! I like the cooperative/narrative-angle of a couple fixing their relationship, and boy is it beautiful artistically.
Disco Elysium Final Cut : It's a great thing to see that game expanded, especially considering I still have yet to play it. But for a fully-voiced game, the trailer narration irritated me more than not. Here's hoping we can turn it off if is doesn't agree with you.
Perfect Dark : I know fans are just squeeing in joy but I'm just fascinated by the world and mystery of it. Interested!
The Next Mass Effect : Opening shot, the milky way haha. Or so I believe. And that trailer was just nostalgia/good-memory-inducing manipulation, but heck if it didn't work. Let us fly spaceships by the way, pretty please.
Century: Age of Ashes : As someone who loved Drakan and Divinity II, yes please. Anything dragons.

And of course, thanks to Tizoc because otherwise I'd have missed them :
Season : Damn it's peaceful and beautiful. Can't help get Alphonso Dunn vibes from the drawings too.
Tchia : Damn. Where to even begin. That soaring, roaring spirit of adventure and wild beauty of the environments just blew my mind. This is the Moana game I've always wanted in many ways and it also reminds me of the first few episodes of Macross Zero. Yes, please.

Do keep posting trailers everyone! I'd hate to have missed anything :).

Last edited:

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
I wonder if Jason from Kotaku has heard of it. He loves Bloodborne and I'm sure he would not terribly mind having it on PC.
I looked into that several times, and unless I missed something he had no knowledge of it at the time. (By which I mean, independent of the rumors).

The moment he does state such knowledge publicly, I would expect some major exposure.

Reason: rewritten for grammatical clarity
Last edited:
Reactions: Shahem and lashman

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
However, ME2 has one thing going for it: Renegade and Paragon "Actions". But those were apparently too awesome so the later games dropped them again.
But seriously, it was so good to be able to just interrupt an annoying NPC with an action rather than words.
Oh, yeah! I forgot about those. Super satisfying. Maybe you won't see a few expensive mocapped conversations through to the end, but the visceral effect of pulling a dynamic OBJECTION on a character far outweighs it :blobyes: :blobyes: :blobyes:

Reactions: Durante

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
You missed this one Swenhir :p

Ah, thanks! But I had seen that one, and a few others I didn't mention, they just didn't really catch my eye. Humankind for instance was a really good trailer but we know still little about the game. E:Odyssey as well.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Ghosts & Goblins could use a reimagining just for gameplay reasons. Those games aren't the hard but you get good and they're easy kind, they're just bullshit hard and you lose. The controls on that game are terrible and that's why it's so hard. Doesn't look like they addressed that. I had this on SNES and the prior game on the NES, and they always were like a brick wall. I prefer the pixel art from the SNES game.

So maybe it was just youtube, but man did the animations in that Ark 2 trailer look stiff. That or Vin Deisel's character's arms don't move properly at elbow and he has to jerk his arms around.
He's probably that way IRL now. Isn't he like 74 years old?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So the game pass app has suddenly stopped working here. Black screen with the Xbox logo looking like it's loading as usual then the logo goes away and everything is just black.

I hate this. I hate that I cannot trust the app to start a game today and not knowing wherever or not I can continue playing the game tommorrow. Like, what if I started Wasteland 3 a few days ago, 30 hours in or whatever and now I suddenly can't continue playing it because the fucking app won't load up.

Fuck.

Made a gif:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So the game pass app has suddenly stopped working here. Black screen with the Xbox logo looking like it's loading as usual then the logo goes away and everything is just black.

I hate this. I hate that I cannot trust the app to start a game today and not knowing wherever or not I can continue playing the game tommorrow. Like, what if I started Wasteland 3 a few days ago, 30 hours in or whatever and now I suddenly can't continue playing it because the fucking app won't load up.

Fuck.

Made a gif:

The gamepass app has been updating a lot for me over the past couple weeks. Did it update for you?

Any time I have issues with it I just uninstall it and reinstall. Usually solves all issues. The thing that's been pissing me off lately is it forces me to sign in everytime I launch it. It didn't do that earlier this and last year :(

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Fuck.
UWP ... it's great

Status
Not open for further replies.