Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
One free bird sticker every 48 hours (for a total of 7 animated stickers).

10 free cards for voting.

1 free card per day for browsing the discovery anime queue.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Coupon actually seems to work with classic, unpaused and it says "Your next bill is for US$6 on December 25, 2020."
No need to pause bait to get better deal anymore for next months, I guess.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Coupon actually seems to work with classic, unpaused and it says "Your next bill is for US$6 on December 25, 2020."
No need to pause bait to get better deal anymore for next months, I guess.
Where do I get that coupon from :blobeyes:
Edit: Found it, I think. But are you sure you stay Classic afterwards and don't turn Premium?

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
WHY THE ATELIER GAMES ARE NEVER ON SALE:wd_herewego:
This always confuses me. I've not really followed Tecmo-Koei so I'm gonna take people's word that they're shit with sales, but I'm basically not gonna buy an Atelier game until I can try the series out for less. Normally I rely on refunds, but JRPGs generally take me out of the refund window before I decide whether I want to stick with them, so I look for a discount when I want to try a series I'm interested in.

In a world where Persona 4 Golden is 20% off less than a year after release, what excuse do they have?

Oh well. Their loss because if I like these games I'm sure to buy the newer entries at full price, and if I don't they're better off for me having bought the one game to try. Now they don't get a penny from me.

Buy Umurangi Generation

It's in my cart. Will weigh it up along with the rest of the games once I've got the final cart price.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
I paused this month earlier this week and now unpaused and got that offer 6 usd / month.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
RDR2 is the better overall game than Death Stranding but I still voted DS for goty :coffee-blob:

Story rich is the perfect category for RDR2 anyways.

Much lower than I thought it would be but still pretty good. Console sales must have dropped off a cliff and its pretty much PC only growth for them until PS5/XsX versions come out.

RDR2 did 17 million in 8 days for comparison. Steam winter sale should get CP2077 to 17 million :sneaky:

Reactions: Stevey and Prodigy

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
'Ask Japan'
Atlus are the stingiest most tight-fisted assholes out there and even they're letting their game take a price cut after 6 months.

Then again, they keep releasing these games on Steam so evidently enough people are buying them at full price.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Picked up some indie games with my cyberpunk refund and put the rest aside for Omori which is coming out on Christmas. Im pacified for the rest of 2020.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Atlus are the stingiest most tight-fisted assholes out there and even they're letting their game take a price cut after 6 months.

Then again, they keep releasing these games on Steam so evidently enough people are buying them at full price.
I was referencing KT's twitter account that never takes any questions and always answers 'you'd have to ask the Japan office'

Basically:

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
If I buy the 6months monthly can I pause or am I forced to get the next 6 months?

edit: nvm it's literally in the next post

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
This looked good until you read the fine print that you can't pause or the coupon will be void. Better hope the first month is good.
I knew there could be something hidden or less easily known.
Thanks for pointing that out. That's definitely a no go for me.

If I buy the 6months monthly can I pause or am I forced to get the next 6 months?
From what I understood from Blu reply, you have to eat all 6 months whether you like it or not. Can't pause in other words.

• Comfy
Reactions: Blu

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
From what I understood from Blu reply, you have to eat all 6 months whether you like it or not. Can't pause in other words.
Yeah I noticed that after posting.
I'm still thinking about it tbh, even if I'm forced to get all 6 in a row, liking them or not. It's ~4.5€/month, so 27€, which is roughly 3 full price monthlies. If you consider that you'll get those 3 monthlies in the span of those 6 months. the other months are basically free and there's a significant probability they'll have at least 1 or 2 games that will interest you.
Need to think a bit more.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
So I dunno what to buy. Anyone got recommendations for a metroidvania or a dungeon crawler that is maybe a bit less claustrophobic than usual? Maybe lesser known too, since I've played a lot of shit.

Speaking of, any thoughts on Starcrawlers?

And weebros, Legrand Legacy at 1.67€ , yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.