Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Who is this and why the hell did she start follow me on Twitter. Some kind of scammer or something? Got no idea.

Maybe NSFW.

I assume I can't make her unfollow me or something? Don't really know much about how Twitter works.
Don't brother wondering, each time I get followed by any account like this, I just block and move on, don't want any bot or that kind of account to be following me, same happened in facebook some years ago before I deleted my account forever.

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I mean, it IS using the unreal engine as its framework, so im sure there's something in that as the cause. Not that i'm trying to condone it, it's not good for either side

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Don't brother wondering, each time I get followed by any account like this, I just block and move on, don't want any bot or that kind of account to be following me, same happened in facebook some years ago before I deleted my account forever.
Thanks, just blocked her, forgot I could do that. Not that active on Twitter, I mostly just read whatever's on there and for news in general.

Reactions: Tomasety and Mor

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Who is this and why the hell did she start follow me on Twitter. Some kind of scammer or something? Got no idea.

Maybe NSFW.

I assume I can't make her unfollow me or something? Don't really know much about how Twitter works.
Ah I'm sure she's genuine, should DM her as she asks see what's up.😇

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I bought Star Sector yesterday. Fans claim it is Mount and Blade in space, only played the tutorial yet, look forward to seeing what it brings to the table.

Reactions: Swenhir

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
15 people have voted so far! :smile:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
15 people have voted so far! :smile:

I'll probably vote later in January, still some games from 2020 I want to play before.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Has there ever been an RPG campaign mod that was a must play ? Just curious. And taking note if that’s the case.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
The SureAI team makes more than just good mods in the form of Enderal and Nehrim, they actually make good games out of bad ones. :evilblob:

• Toucan
Reactions: Li Kao and ISee

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Question: is there an easy way to find out which games on your wishlist are sold ONLY on steam (as in, no 3rd party key site sells them too?)

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Not sure how accurate this is, but it appears Steam China might be launching January 16. It's going to be interesting to see how the geoblock is handled. I'm going to assume that Steam International will be blocked in mainland China which will probably cause a decent hit to user numbers since a large number of them won't bother with a VPN.

(Note: I can't speak Chinese and only kinda got a broad understanding using Google Translate).

Reactions: lashman

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Any reason New Vegas shows like this in my account?

For whatever reason steam also says I don't own the game...

Question: is there an easy way to find out which games on your wishlist are sold ONLY on steam (as in, no 3rd party key site sells them too?)
The only way I can think of is to sinc your wishlist with ITAD or gg.deals and look one by one if there's more than 1 store selling each game. Not perfect but it's something.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Actually thats a very good question if you mean games which does not offer steam cd-keys as a way to obtain them such as The Witcher, Cyberpunk and Baldur's Gate (GoG).

I believe there's no such tool for what you asked for. Regardless of the possible solution I don't think there are many games that fit that criteria.

I think you would have to use pcgamingwiki but then again its not an easy task as you would like to.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Ascheroth

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Steam is the only affordable option thanks to regional pricing. Most bundles are in USD and quite lot expensive to me.
That said, I will certainly look out for things like Fullbright games and such.
  • Battletech : Paradox DLCs never go below 50%, so I thought might as well get it now.
    I have the base game + 1 DLC. Season pass bundle has rest of the 2DLCs at discounted price when bought together.
  • VA-11 Hall-A = It's stuck at 33% ever since launch and hasn't been part of any bundle since 2017.
  • Icey = has a very inconsistent sale and reached 40% again after 2 years.
  • TW WH2 - I have WH1 + quite many WH1 DLCs. Everywhere I've read said that only DLC required for WH2 is owning WH1 as it unlocks "Mortal Empires" mode. I wanted to get WH2 because they improved on tutorialization and reworked the mechanics greatly.
If Paradox DLC never go below 50% then you can get it next time 😉. That is, if you're really trying to hit that threshold of Rs. 4.5k. The DLC that I meant that weren't included were 1. BATTLETECH Shadow Hawk Pack and 2. BATTLETECH Digital Deluxe Content which are not included in that season pass bundle I believe. If you're buying the Darksiders 3 Digital Extras, I'm assuming you might want that as well for collecting purposes. At a quick glance, Paradox doesn't go 50% but they do end up having "complete your collection" bundles when the games are done so you can just wait it out and have everything for cheaper. (EX. 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 )

VA-11 Hall-A people are working on another game which they can then put the first game on sale or even steam bundle it to promote the second game if it comes out. If it's still 33% you can just buy it there and if it's cheaper that's money in your pocket.

If you're going to play Icey and WH2 then go for it. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend. That's just me!

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaApple
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Reactions: MJunioR

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Not sure how accurate this is, but it appears Steam China might be launching January 16. It's going to be interesting to see how the geoblock is handled. I'm going to assume that Steam International will be blocked in mainland China which will probably cause a decent hit to user numbers since a large number of them won't bother with a VPN.

(Note: I can't speak Chinese and only kinda got a broad understanding using Google Translate).
No, January 16 isn't Chinese Steam launch, it is an open beta of the service provided by Perfect World. :cat-heart-blob:

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
unless it goes the other way around(humor)...meh. Was incredibly disappointed with Carrion. feels like a an elevator pitch that only needed 2h max to work, was stretched to 6, and didn't really present anything new.
that said, really good, from a tech pov.
This, can’t say I’m interested in looking back at this game.
Thank god for game pass

• Sad
Reactions: DioMF and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.