Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Hunt is one of my favorite competitive shooters in a long time. The boss designs are creepy, one particularly so, and each provides a unique challenge if you manage to find them. And I say 'if' because while your primary goal is to collect the bounties from the bosses you'll also potentially be stopped or stalled by other players trying to do the same.

The nice thing about the competitive aspect is that none of the guns are truly underpowered. Sure they all do varying amounts of damage but often come with tradeoffs to compensate. So like in the crossbow's case, it's a weapon that will kill in one shot if you hit a player in the upper chest or head but the bolt flies slower obviously and the reload time is significant if you happen to miss.

Though Arsene is also correct that it's a very difficult game to play solo. You can queue solo into a duo or trio game, both of which will reward you with an underdog bonus of more xp, but unless you know the map well and how most of the equipment works you're going to have a tough time early on. However with enough practice it is possible to take down other teams while solo. The thing to learn is to rely heavily on traps and be patient.

And thanks for the mention lashman! :cat-heart-blob:
Thanks for the feedback, I wouldn't have anyone to play with, so I'll think about it

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I enjoyed Hellblade’s aesthetic component as well but the part where I had to play it felt too slight and uninteresting given the amount of time it demands of you.

They develop this unique audiovisual experience but then the part where you play it is walking (way too far) to a coordinate, doing one or two things to solve a ‘puzzle’ or engaging in super basic combat. Perplexing.

I think it’d have played better and been more well-rounded as a walking sim with minor interactions like Stanley Parable.
I think some of the walking sections were too long for what they conveyed (the beach especially I remember being just... long), but I actually quite liked the combat. It was simple but relatively fast and satisfying. Possibly they could have trimmed down enemy HP a bit though. Overall it's one of the games that has stuck with me the most, it was quite an experience, and the atmosphere was incredibly well done.

I have a hard time evaluating if I count a game as "beaten" or not when it's a less traditional single-player campaign game, but I have a pretty good list and separated things I think appropriately. I definitely didn't include everything I played, or have in progress and will finish next year, though.
Pistol Whip
MO: Astray
Spring Falls
The Room 3
Jydge
A Plague Tale: Innocence
Raw Data
Trials of Fire
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
RuneSage
The Pedestrian
Sekiro
Half-life:Alyx
Titanfall 2
Rage
The Procession to Calvary
Maytroid
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Legacy of the First Blade DLC
A Hat in Time
Sundered
Steamworld: Dig
Wide Ocean Big Jacket
Underhero
Contrast
Outer Wilds
Acting Lessons
Sheepo
Chronicon
Nubarron
Spiritfarer
Wandersong
Mario Odyssey
Forager
Inmost
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Helltaker
Mystic Pillars
Inside
Plebby Quest
Odin Sphere
Frog Detective 1
Frog Detective 2
Hades
Jenny LeClue: Detectivu
Monster Train

Endless Space 2
Call of Duty Warzone Season 3
Slay the Spire: The Watcher
Warzone Season 5
Warzone Season 6
Dragonball Dokkan Battle
Legends of Runeterra
League of Legends
Diablo 3 multiple seasons

Cris Tales, Fights in Tight Spaces Demo, Trepang2 Demo, Ghostrunner Demo, Grounded Demo, Going Under, Raji: An Ancient Epic Demo, Haven, Fallen Angel, Exo One, SOLASTA Crown of the Magister, Dungeon of Nahealbeuk, The Last Spell, Spiritfairer, Occupy Mars
Humankind OPENDEV scenarios

Immortal Defense
The Messenger: Picnic Panic DLC
Endless Memories
SOLASTA
DOOM Eternal

Last edited:

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Thanks for the feedback, I wouldn't have anyone to play with, so I'll think about it
Happy to help! :highfiveblob:

One thing I did forget to mention is that it's also a game that rewards stealth. There's quite a few things that can give away your position but that's also true for everyone and in some cases you can also use that to your advantage and if you have a good position you can lure your opponents into an ambush.

And I will say for anyone that might be considering Hunt: Showdown but doesn't have a second or third to play with I'm always willing to fill in if folks would like.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
There are 26 voters so far, with 25 days to go.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
So I requested my very first Steam refund.
I bought Xenus 2: White Gold during the sale since I was feeling up for some eurojank.

This was the jankiest jank ever created. And I went in fully knowing it would be buggy.

The game will not even allow itself to shut down. I had to log out of windows to get rid of it...

So, how long does a typical Steam refund take? 🤔

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
The "Chippin In" sidequest in Cyberpunk 2077 is brillant. For all the generic "go there do that come back" objectives that frequently pop out it's nice to have a well structured sidequest.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I forgot to include in my games finished post above, since people were discussing "how do you track stuff", how I do it. It initially started out as a simple sheet with games completed on it, and a column for movies and shows. I've since expanded it to be basically just a digital journal, with a new "sheet" each year. This is Google docs so I can edit on the cloud but you could easily use an open source one (and I'd probably recommend that in fact)

Some censoring because names and a, uh, adult quote. The Other column is basically just things that happened, thoughts for the day, small memory journal.

Edit: I also specifically picked a couple of weeks where a bunch happened, normally it's a lot more boring

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
That is more detailed than I expected. And you host all that at Google's? You are not afraid of anything.

That being said, that is a good way to keep track of stuff and remember them at the end of the year, or whenever you need to for some other reason.

Reactions: ISee

oipic

Resident Lurker
Sep 19, 2018
There are 26 voters so far, with 25 days to go.
I need to get my vote organised - having just picked up Hades, the GOTY equation has just changed! So, so good - struggling to think of anything other than my next run.

Does anybody desperately need a Children of Morta key?
Hours have passed, so I assume I've missed the boat Wildebeet - but I hadn't seen a reply. I fear Children of Morta might be about to leave Game Pass, where I've just started it - it's great, too. Would love to give this a home if still available, please!

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Finished with Disaster Report 4. I enjoyed it, for the most part, performance issues non-withstanding. However, while some substories are rather good and can be considered a good commentary on The Human Condition, the final execution is lacking finesse, considering the story is the main attraction here. The Final Chapter + Epilogue storylines didn't feel quite well put together, and it ended up being just "OK" instead of "Great". Anyway, I had a few laughs with it (especially with one of the endings being totally ridiculous) so my ~20hrs with it didn't feel like a total loss.

oipic

Resident Lurker
Sep 19, 2018
God damn Ori and the blind forest looks good.
It's gorgeous, such a visual feast. I'm gutted that there's a section I just can't pass, so can't progress (so I don't feel right starting the even more stunning sequel!). Have just run out of talent and coordination, I think - brain knows what to do, but can't make the fingers do it.

• Sad
Reactions: QFNS and ISee

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
If you like horror comedy and like roguelites, check out

I've only played a bit of it but:
  • Music is nice
  • Sounds are horrible and unnerving
  • You can eat your weapons
  • Enemies pretend to be props around the map so you don't know what you'll fight (Sorta like Prey 2017)
  • I like the visual style but I can definitely see it being devisive

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
This is how I track games I've finished these days. Even went ahead and added all the previous years in there sometime ago, those were originally just tracked on a forum post. Already added 2021 tab in there as well and moved all "maybe play this one" that I didn't get around to this year.

Google sheet

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I swear to god, I heard almost the same about Evolve from this guys back when, before the game released.

Its a WB game, this gonna be a shit show of microtransactions, that card system looks prone to be exploited.

As a person who played L4D2 for almost 2000 hours, without crazy ass servers with borderline game breaking plugins, I have little to no hope this game gonna have legs.

L4D2 Versus 10 x 10 will still be the goat for years to come.

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
I miss a game from my Steam library. I do not know the name. It is a small Resident Evil like horror survival game with a isometric/top-down view.
Where the heck is it? :(

EDIT: It was from a asian developer.... i think.

EDIT: Ha. I found it. It is Heaven Dust. :) Somehow i have hidden it.

Last edited:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I've finished the 2 Vanguard campaign missions in Age of Wonders: Planetfall, and kind of enjoyed it. But even after finishing these missions, I don't understand several of the stats and gameplay mechanics in that game. The tutorial and interface could have learned a thing of two from TW: Warhammer.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
I've finished the 2 Vanguard campaign missions in Age of Wonders: Planetfall, and kind of enjoyed it. But even after finishing these missions, I don't understand several of the stats and gameplay mechanics in that game. The tutorial and interface could have learned a thing of two from TW: Warhammer.
I tried Age of Wonders III a few weeks backs ago and couldn't fnish the main campaign due to the high difficulty of it. The game was designed to make the player rush the enemy AI which was something I personally didn't like much. I couldn't find any proper wiki or walkthrough so in the end I gave up.

For Planetfall at least you have the official wiki AoW: Planetfall . I didn't know Paradox had an official wiki on their own website and only knew this because I did a survey of Paradox games.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
what for? it's not coming out next year either :p
Because I want the feel of hitting the wishlist button.

The whole page could be completely empty with nothing but the title of the game, release date of "TBA", the announcement video and nothing else and I would be happy.

I don't really care when the game is releasing, Bloodborne PC next year, Mortal Shell on Steam, yet to play Surge 1 and 2, so a 2022 would be great actually.

Reactions: lashman

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Choice on Friday! What 12 games will I get that I probably won't play?
We'll probably get one of the humble published games that still hasn't been bundled. So Pop-up Dungeons or Wildfire.
As for the rest, I feel like A Plague Tale has been humble-bound forever. Same for Nioh.
Also the last Darksiders game.

Reactions: Tomasety

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I can see Elden Ring next year like in the fall or something. Big blowout during E3.

But most likely March 2022 is when its happening. Spring is usually when they release their games. They'll probably drop PS4/X1 versions but in order to do that MS/Sony need to sell more of the new consoles.

I really hope its a long game too with it being open world. Regular Soulslike games are like 50-60hrs on first playthrough despite being designed in mostly linear paths. I want a 200hr Miyazaki tour de force this time :cat-pizza-blob:.

Last edited:
Reactions: QFNS and lashman

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
For Games I finished this year:
Well I (re)played through a couple of classics:

• King's Quest 6
  • Space Quest 4
  • Monkey Island 1
  • Monkey Island 2
  • Zak McKracken
  • Neuromancer

- I started playing Wizardry 7, but dropped it after 20 hours. It's great, but it is also full of "traps", try and error. It demands more time than I was willing to invest. But it is a great old RPG.
If you like those kind of games, take a look at the more modern Legends of Grimrock Series!

For new(er) games;

• Finished up RDR 2
  • XCom: Chimera Squad
  • Doom Eternal
  • TLOU 2
  • HL:Alyx
  • Lone Echo
  • SW: Squadrons
  • CP 2077
  • Dirt 5
  • Gears Tactics
  • Bridge Constructor Portal
  • Avenger's Story mode

Ever ongoing:

Civ 6
Crusader Kings 3
TW: Warhammer 2
Flight Sim
Satisfactory

:shrugblob: Can't help myself, always coming back.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Super sale deals on allyouplay. I'll post only new historical lowest price games.

Streets of Rogue - 80% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
Party Hard 2 - 80% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
Resident Evil 0 - 83% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition - 91% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late - 88% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
Dead Rising 2 - 82% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! - 88% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
Remember Me - 88% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]€3.33 [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]- Steam

Devil May Cry 3 - Special Edition - 83% off - [UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL] - Steam
Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition - 83% off - [UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL] - Steam
Disney Pixar Brave - 80% off - [UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL] - Steam
Disney Pixar Cars 2 - 80% off - [UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL] - Steam
Disney Pixar Toy Story 3 - 80% off - [UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL] - Steam
Pirates of the Caribbean : At World's End - 80% off - [UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL] - Steam

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Super sale deals on allyouplay. I'll post only new historical lowest price games.

Streets of Rogue - 80% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
Party Hard 2 - 80% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
Resident Evil 0 - 83% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition - 91% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late - 88% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
Dead Rising 2 - 82% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! - 88% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]€3.33[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] - Steam
Remember Me - 88% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]€3.33 [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]- Steam

W.I.P There are more.
Remember me is wonderful at that price, go for it if you haven't experienced it. The art direction and the soundtrack alone are worth that price of entry, and combat isn't nearly as bad as one might be tempted to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.