Community MetaSteam | December 2021 - All I want for Christmas is a SteamDeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
My first impression was "what even is this bundle"
Taking a closer look at the games it seems like there's actually quite a bunch that seem up my alley.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Easy pause month for me, especially after I forgot to pause last month. Would probably get it if I hadn't already played through Maneater on Game Pass; as for the rest, while Lacuna, 8 Doors, Greak, and Tohu are on my wishlist and are at least moderately interesting, I can't see myself playing any of them anytime soon and can't bring myself to pay $12 for them.

• Eyes

Sabin

Dec 18, 2019
Düsseldorf
Apparently the Chrono Cross Remaster is a PS5 (timed?) exclusive according to Nate the Hate on his youtube channel (TimeStamp at the 6:00 mark.)

Not even sure if i should even bother to buy anything from S-E in the future. I don't want to support this timed exclusive mumbojumbo anymore and If it was their play to exhaust their audience enough to not care anymore well good job they succeded.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I feel like I’m the solitary weirdo for caring about this but amongst all the praise in the reviews for the new Halo, a lot of them seem to call out the story as pretty mediocre, inconsequential and disappointing.

Likely shows where my headspace is now these days for games but I’m pretty disappointed. The OG Halos at least had a serviceable story in a blockbuster movie kind of way, whereas 343 haven’t yet made even a serviceable plot and have used EU content up until now as a crutch

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Apparently the Chrono Cross Remaster is a PS5 (timed?) exclusive according to Nate the Hate on his youtube channel (TimeStamp at the 6:00 mark.)

Not even sure if i should even bother to buy anything from S-E in the future. I don't want to support this timed exclusive mumbojumbo anymore and If it was their play to exhaust their audience enough to not care anymore well good job they succeded.
So, I'm guessing this will be the usual, 1 year PS5, 1 year EGS, and then after that on Steam.
So I guess I'll be looking forward to playing the remaster in 2023.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and PhaZZe

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Anyone else still see dislike numbers on YT? They never went away for me. They are still here.
It's a staggered rollout and there are extensions that will show the dislike counts for a while longer too but youtube are removing the calls from the API so no extensions will get the data in the next few weeks either. honestly, ever since they removed the dislike count i am MORE inclined to hit the dislike button than ever before. Luckily i've trained the algorithm really well so i rarely get offered garbage any more. I also don't go actively looking for things to get annoyed at which helps too.

• Eyes

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Oh... it's another "fuck this game I bought but haven't played yet is now in the Humble Choice" day. I'm looking at you Greak :p

With that and the fact I already played through Maneater on Gamepass.. there is not much else that make it worth it for me.

I should probably cancel it already.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!

Square makes games to sell to Sony and Epic, not consumers.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
It is done.

It's not.

Sigh, and I thought that I would finally play Chrono Cross...
You will.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I initially mistook Maneater for some other shark game that iirc was multiplayer only or something, lol.
Suffice to say I liked this bundle more after I learned that I was wrong, it looks like something I'll enjoy.

• Eyes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I guess I'm out. Mostly interested in Endzone, in a lesser extent in Maneater and Lacuna, but that's not enough.

• Eyes

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I'm out as well. Not interested in the AA games, and while some of the indies look great, I have plenty of similar games in my backlog.

• Eyes

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
Maybe I'm just old but what's so special about Ubisoft's NFT? It just looks like the Steam Marketplace but with extra energy-consuming steps.

Players get to control it but what's the point of owning a "Digit" if it's only supported by Ubisoft? It's not like you can carry your cosmetics to other publisher/developer games which I assume would be the value of the NFT.
In addition to what TioChuck already said:
There is currently an enormous amount of financial investment in so called crypto-"currency" and NFTs. In my personal opinion this is done to speculate and/or to defraud people.
The amount of money that is currently invested into this basically forces software/gaming companies to look into this.
And since Ubisoft is a company that likes to be first on every platform (except Steam :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:) they are also actively developing NFT games.

In short: Functionally they could develop the same game(s) without NFTs (and it would be easier). But with NFTs they generate interest and (maybe) get investments from the crypto community.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Not a single game I would be even slightly interested in this month's humble choice. Absolutely terrible ( compared to what was offered in the past).

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I think I'm done with Forza Horizon 5. I have no interest in the 'story' missiosn because they're cringy af. And the rest of what I'm missing is just endless money grinding which I won't do.

At almost 35 hours I think I got my fill for now.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I uh... Have 125 hours in Ghost Recon Wildlands and I 100%ed that game, literally nothing else to do

I did everything in breakpoint in 35-40 hours but didn't 100% so even if I was interested in NFTs there was the note of them saying it required 600 hours to even qualify for getting them.

I would of had to buy the additional DLC for breakpoint which was 40+$'s a thing when I paid 5? dollars for breakpoint even then the friend I did Co-OP with were so like annoyed by the game compared to Wildlands it was just a waste of time besides just "well we might as well just beat it"

But 600 hours? What. You'd have to just leave the game chain running.

• Evil

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I uh... Have 125 hours in Ghost Recon Wildlands and I 100%ed that game, literally nothing else to do

I did everything in breakpoint in 35-40 hours but didn't 100% so even if I was interested in NFTs there was the note of them saying it required 600 hours to even qualify for getting them.

I would of had to buy the additional DLC for breakpoint which was 40+$'s a thing when I paid 5? dollars for breakpoint even then the friend I did Co-OP with were so like annoyed by the game compared to Wildlands it was just a waste of time besides just "well we might as well just beat it"

But 600 hours? What. You'd have to just leave the game chain running.

Waste 600hrs of your life playing a Ubisoft game to get a digital helmet

Even at minimum wage 600hrs = thousands of dollars so that stupid helmet NFT better be worth at least what those fancy knives are worth in CSGO (it wont)

I doubt that shit will be worth more than 10 bucks a year from now.

• Evil

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
I dont think Ubi's NFTs are that different to TF2 items, I remember selling all my items and earning almost 100 dollars, however in this case the "unique + serial number" implementation seems like a scam

• Eyes

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Some key content from the podcast.

Xenoblade 3 you say? THE XENOBLADE 3?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I keep forgetting about Redfall. You'd think Vampires + Arkane should make for an amazing game but that reveal trailer was so boring/uninteresting. I don't think I can get excited for it until I see like 10-20 minutes of good gameplay. They will need that constant Deathloop marketing to really show off all the open world co-op borderlands stuff.

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.