Community MetaSteam | December 2021 - All I want for Christmas is a SteamDeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
I don't know if it's a mistake, but DEATHLOOP is 20$ on Humble. Even cheaper with the choice discount.

Oh that's nice!

Ratchet and Clank would fit nice to my Steam library as well in 4K.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I take back everything nice I've thought about Halo 4's story. Jesus christ, this game is a trainwreck.

Switching to a higher difficulty also is just not fun. Swarms of enemies that you can't take out without gluing your ass to some cover so your health can regen. Ugh.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Hmm, think that was it but it doesnt really fit.
I'll just post it here.
Why is it that some games like stop rendering the water reflections at the edge of the screen, but it follows when you pan the camera so theres always a bit at the edge that looks weird.
Latest example for me is Horizon Zero Dawn

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I'll just post it here.
Why is it that some games like stop rendering the water reflections at the edge of the screen, but it follows when you pan the camera so theres always a bit at the edge that looks weird.

I know very little about rendering, but from watching DF videos I think that's because most of the current reflection techniques require the game to have actually rendered the image being reflected, so in this case everything above the water. But when you get to the border, if there is small angle in the reflection (or it has a "wave" pattern) in "real life" it would reflect things that are off screen (to the left in cases you circled). Since there that wasn't rendered, it probably defaults to a background texture. That just one of the reasons that raytracing offer way better reflections.

But someone that actually understands what they are talking about can probably give you a real answer :p

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Stevey

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I love that the Sony games are coming to PC, even though none of the games are what I would personally want.

My wishlist would be for the likes of Jak & Daxter, Rachet & Clank, Ape Escape, Legend of Dragoon, Little Big Planet, Dreams and (not to sound like a broken record, but I will repeat this till I am blue in the face) Gravity Rush.

I will be grabbing the uncharted collection, but not for 4, not a big fan of Nathan Drake, but I did like Chloe Frazer in Uncharted 2 (big fan of anything Claudia Black does) so I will be giving lost legacy a go.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Magic Arena is so overwhelming. Every big CCG is, I guess.
I have no idea how you evolve from casually playing a pre-constructed deck to building your own. It's ridiculously daunting. No rush I suppose, but it makes opening boosters so pointless. Yeah, new card ! Meh, I don't know what to do with it.
So the answer to this is to just keep playing for a really long time to learn what is good naturally or to look up good and powerful decks on the internet and copy those.

Magic is a game that is so vast in it's possibility space that very strong players sometimes are terrible at building decks. Like pro level players have other people build decks for them. Playing the game is hard enough as is, don't worry to much about not being amazing at every aspect of it.

Find a deck you like and slowly build toward a more optizimed version of that.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
TBH I can say the same thing people are saying about Sony's games, about Microsoft's. They just haven't delivered anything I want, the big thing being ports of older games like Viva Pinata.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Digital home teaching tommorrow. My PC knowledge is coming in handy (thanks PC gaming, seriously, thanks).

• Eyes

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'll just post it here.
This is one of the many issues with screen-space reflections. Screen-space reflections basically can only reflect things that are already rendered somewhere on screen. This works well for something like a puddle in front of you, and is incredibly cheap compared to other ways of doing dynamic reflections, but it has a ton of failure states (e.g. also just simply looking down into the water in such a way that the scenery behind it is no longer on screen).

Now the Uncharted games are not worth playing? Come on
I mean, I only ever tried the first one but that was extremely underwhelming.

I really doubt any of them would do anything for me. Then again, neither do Rockstar's games, so I'm obviously not representative of most of the market.

Tbh I'm mainly interested in the Gravity Rush games. Tho the chance those will make it over is probably single digit at best.
Yeah, that's basically the one Sony franchise I'd buy if it came to PC. But there's no way that's happening.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I’m close to wrapping up Blasphemous. It’s got some consistent flaws that stand out all the more because the game is otherwise well designed. Overall I’m having a blast though. Looking forward to the sequel!

• Eyes

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I’m close to wrapping up Blasphemous. It’s got some consistent flaws that stand out all the more because the game is otherwise well designed. Overall I’m having a blast though. Looking forward to the sequel!
There's also some free DLC dropping in a few days! They're calling it "the final chapter" of the game.

• Eyes

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I installed Skyrim SE/AE earlier to check things out in prep for my Christmas playthrough and i have the "Unidentified GPU" issue. So i go looking for a fix for that and find nothing helpful at all but i do end up on the Skyrim Modding subreddit and it refreshed my memory of what a total stranglehold some of the big modders have on the Bethedsa games. Holy fuck such egos. It's really made me less excited to delve into modded skyrim after being reminded of the shitty shenanigans that have been going on.

It's a bag of arse and i still haven't found settings for my RTX 2070. sadge.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I love that the Sony games are coming to PC, even though none of the games are what I would personally want.

My wishlist would be for the likes of Jak & Daxter, Rachet & Clank, Ape Escape, Legend of Dragoon, Little Big Planet, Dreams and (not to sound like a broken record, but I will repeat this till I am blue in the face) Gravity Rush.
Hnnnnng. The idea of Jak & Daxter Trilogy running at 4K maxed out on PC is delicious. I'd be willing to pay however much Sony asked for if they did a Steam port.

I have love for all of the franchises you asked for (Gravity Rush at a rock solid 60 + massively expanded draw distance sounds amazing), but J&D Trilogy is my no. 1 want for sure!

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
There's also some free DLC dropping in a few days! They're calling it "the final chapter" of the game.
Yeah, I read about that. I've now finished it (no. 70!), and I can kind of see what part they might want to fill in. Hopefully it can be done on NG, unlike that other major update.

I'm surprised you guys have been talking about PS exclusives coming to PC for a while and no one has mentioned that PS exclusive most PC gamers want and that shall not be named. 👀
I'm not afraid to say it. It's on all our minds.

Bless us with your magnificence, Wipeout!

Last edited:

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
I'm surprised you guys have been talking about PS exclusives coming to PC for a while and no one has mentioned that PS exclusive most PC gamers want and that shall not be named. 👀
Are you talking about the masterpiece Knack?

But I agree with some of the other commenters in this thread. I want to see Gravity Rush on PC. It's the only Vita exclusive I remember fondly. The only way it happening is if they have a collection release for the PS5 which might find it's way to PC as well but I don't think the series did well enough for Sony to consider that.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I just want Gravity Rush 1&2 and that would satiate me out of the remaining exclusives, but that is extremely unlikely...unless... :starblob:

Really excited for Monster Rancher 1&2 this week. It has been a crazy week and I could use a fun little game like those are. I have been so busy with work and there was a bit of a scary situation in my neighborhood today, but everyone is okay!

Also tried the demo of Fights in Tight Spaces and it is pretty darn good. Might pick it up sooner rather than later.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Huh, I just realized the Forgotten City is 50% off at Humble (plus an additional 20% off for subscribers). That seems pretty darn low from what I have usually seen.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Ubisoft's game count on Steam went up by one:

It is possible it may just be the DLC for Anno 1800, although I've seen some people say that previous DLC for Anno hasn't increased the game count in the past.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Mmh, logged back to my olllllddd Riot account, updated the infos and username that you can only change every 30 days, and only then noticed those motherfuckers have my account mysteriously set in Taiwan.
I'm 99.9% certain I never set it up that way.
I'm 99.9% certain those slimy bastards will tell me I have to buy a region transfer or create a new account.
I'm 99.9% certain I won't be able to use my username on a new account, or that in order to do so I have to wait 30 days, change this one, and only then create a new account.

I already had-a run in with Riot support years ago for a lost password, I think, and they seemed a little fishy. Good to now some things never change.

I just wanted to try Runeterra and all of a sudden everything turns to account shenanigans. Why does it always happen to me ? I could have fucking written it in advance.

PS.
The palm for the most glorious attempt at abusing your customers will forever be awarded to the Marvel Diablo from a few years back, to me. Wanted to start from scratch, asked for an account deletion. The cheeky motherfucker I was in contact with tried to profit on it by explaining they couldn't do that, that I had to buy a name change first to be able to use the old one in the new account. And I would have to mention his name in my answer. Totally not in order to get kudos for selling a name change.
It was so loud that I think I still faintly hear the 'go fuck yourself' I felt.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
I've been playing New World a lot (>250 hours according to Steam) since it's release a couple of months ago. The game is pretty good and does a lot of things right. It also has had more than it's fair share of (highly publicized) problems, some of which have been quite severe. I would say that a lot of those problems have been because

a) the game was meant to be a Rust-like hardcore survival simulator that was rejigged into an MMORPG in the last year or so of it's development.
b) the development team is pretty green. They have veteran developers in the studio but nonetheless, a studio's first release being an MMO is no small ask.
c) it just needed more development time, as usual.

To their credit, the developers are quite communicative and responsive when it comes to handling these problems. Of course, it's 2021, so that means the online discourse for the game in the forums and on reddit is just completely toxic (just like Halo, Battlefield and a bunch of others). People act like the mere existence of this software is a grievous personal insult to their entire lineage. It's why I don't talk about the game much online. I mention it here because I just saw one of the silliest things I've seen on the forum...

The game has had currency and item duplication exploits (which, obviously, is a critical problem). It also has RMT gold sellers, which is par for the course for an MMO. This particular forum thread ([New Secret Duplication of Gold]) has a gold seller reporting another gold seller for selling duplicated gold. That gold duplication is causing the price of gold to crash which is hurting the business of all the other gold sellers. Imagine being a gold seller and tattling on your competition because they're harming your income. It feels like an Onion article being played out.

Anyway, pretty entertaining game. Whether you play it or not, apparently.

It is possible it may just be the DLC for Anno 1800, although I've seen some people say that previous DLC for Anno hasn't increased the game count in the past.
A trailer for season Anno 1800 season pass 4 just came out. That's probably what this is.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Been playing Code Vein currently and have now beaten the second boss and have decidedly mixed thoughts (not too shocking given it’s aggregate reception I know)

The combat seems perfectly functional and a solid Souls-like to me, got no issues there.
The NPC designs are pretty good, and the character creator is shockingly good.

Things that are turning me off though are
1) there appears to be a shit ton of sub systems that I barely understand: blood codes, gifts, blood veils, ichor. This stuff is quickly introduced and not particularly well explained. I get the gist now but how best to use them? No idea.

2)enemy and environmental design is pretty boring, and it’s real easy to get turned around and lost, even with the inclusion of a map

3) the big one, the difficulty scaling is all out of whack.
Going around exploring and fighting regular enemies is brain dead simple, mostly because your companion is so OP, you barely need to do anything; it gives off a distinct feel of “I’m helping!”

ok so why not go solo? Because the game is designed that you have a companion, without one you are in for a monster of a time, some quick Googling suggested that it’s one of the hardest souls likes if you do it this way.

last on my rant, is that bosses do indeed provide a challenge but when you have barely had to try up until then, imo frankly I didn’t feel ready nor prepared in my build or in the use of the many systems etc to fight them. The second boss took me many tries, and I believe it’s not supposed to be a particularly difficult one

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So, a bit like my comments on Sony, what I would love Atlus to release on PC would be a Vanillaware Collection. I always remember there games being so lovely to look at. But held back by the platforms they where released on.

however, this being Atlus, I am expecting Rock of Ages or Catherine’s new edition or P5 but not the Royal edition. I mean it’s a year and a half since P4G proved there is a market on PC…

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Choice day, baby!
Will be the 3rd 6$ month for me, hopefully there's something I want in there (although to be honest for 6$ it would have to put in major work to actually not feel worth it).
The last months have been kinda weak in the anime department, so fingers crossed this month will be different 🤞
(Watch it be a monkey's paw where one of the headliners will be Yakuza or Persona 4, which I already have :upside-down-face: )

• Eyes

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Been playing Code Vein currently and have now beaten the second boss and have decidedly mixed thoughts (not too shocking given it’s aggregate reception I know)

Things that are turning me off though are
1) there appears to be a shit ton of sub systems that I barely understand: blood codes, gifts, blood veils, ichor. This stuff is quickly introduced and not particularly well explained. I get the gist now but how best to use them? No idea.

2)enemy and environmental design is pretty boring, and it’s real easy to get turned around and lost, even with the inclusion of a map
Loved Code Vein but the most important thing to remember is to POST YOUR CHARACTER in the Meta Custom Character thread!

The Blood Codes, Gifts and Ichor become easy to understand after a while when you get a couple of them and work out which ones work best with your style and the Blood Veil you've chosen. I would recommend looking at some build guides as they will really help you understand what each thing does.

I can't remember but wait until you get to "Not Anor Londo" woohoo-hooooo! It's super-fun to navigate. lol
You get used to it after a couple of runs through it but it's always ... not your favorite place. heh.

Don't bother with the DLC it's just some increasing difficulty arenas. meh.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
It's interesting to see the Sony PC ports talk in here evolved from "oh man, I can't wait to see if it happens" to theorize what's next from them, you know?
We went from not really knowing what was going to happen to more or less have a full picture of what has come, what's confirmed and what's about to come (thanks leaks) in 2 years we went from 0 to:

-Horizon Zero Dawn.
-Days Gone.
-God of War.
-Uncharted 4/LL

It's absolutely mind-blowing, and we more or less know about Sackboy and Tsushima among others thanks to leaks like Nvidia database, so yeah, amazing to see.

As for Uncharted, it is a shame that they didn't port 1-3 collection to PC but at the same time they didn't port them to PS5 so, while it's sad to see that we won't have the complete saga at launch day, we have what I consider the best 2 games of the saga, and yes, as some of you mentioned, it is not necessary to play the previous ones to enjoy 4 and Lost Legacy, HOWEVER, a big part of 4 is to know what happened in previous entries because it emphasizes in the relation between characters.

ANYWAY, Uncharted rocks, GOW rocks and you should all give them a chance! :blobevening: :evilblob:

Status
Not open for further replies.