Community MetaSteam | December 2021 - All I want for Christmas is a SteamDeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Huh, they added new functionality for Xbox PC stuff for Halo Infinite. When you download the campaign in-game, it pops up a window saying that the game's requesting an update. So now they have an actual infrastructure for handling in-game updates that they should have had for the MCC but whatever you lazy fucks

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and awefaw

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yea first mission of Infinite was fantastic. Tho I got to say it felt very easy on heroic as I destroyed everything in sight. Maybe Legendary was the way to go. Most likely first level is just easy.

Also I think because I been playing multiplayer for weeks now and that smooth/fun gameplay really carries over. Just feels very good.

The music was 🔥 too. Dad Halo is back!

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
fuck fuck fuck

something is wrong with my gaming PC
I was installing Wasteland 3 (bought it yesterday for 11 bucks) and tried to play it, got only 11 FPS and as you can imagine, the stutter was horrendous.
I was remembering that W3 had issues with stutter at launch but thought it was solved ages ago.
Checked Xcom2... same issue. Fuck. Even Rimworld only gave me 10 to 15 fps, fuck.

Just for shit and giggles, I installed wasteland 3 on my media PC which is over 7 years old with a 4-year-old GPU and it is running at a stable 60 FPS...

My gaming PC is a 2-year-old PC with a 1660 super.
I activated win10 GPU booster or what its called and added the wasteland3 exe but didn't change anything.
I updated the nVidia drivers but still nothing.

Dunno when it started because I played Supreme ruler the last few days (which is CPU heavy). Before that, I played BF2042 and had no issues.
Checking Hardwaremonitor, the GPU is basically not used at all, the idle temp and the max temp only 6 degrees apart after playing.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
fuck fuck fuck

I was installing Wasteland 3 (bought it yesterday for 11 bucks) and tried to play it, got only 11 FPS and as you can imagine, the stutter was horrendous.
I was remembering that W3 had issues with stutter at launch but thought it was solved ages ago.
Checked Xcom2... same issue. Fuck. Even Rimworld only gave me 10 to 15 fps, fuck.

Just for shit and giggles, I installed wasteland 3 on my media PC which is over 7 years old with a 4-year-old GPU and it is running at a stable 60 FPS...

I activated win10 GPU booster or what its called and added the wasteland3 exe but didn't change anything.

Dunno when it started because I played Supreme ruler the last few days (which is CPU heavy). Before that, I played BF2042 and had no issues.
Checking Hardwaremonitor, the GPU is basically not used at all, the idle temp and the max temp only 6 degrees apart after playing.
Sounds like your PC is engaging with the internal graphics chip and not the 1660

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I checked the device manager and there is a second GPU listed (citrix indirect display adapter) possibly from the Citrix installation for my WFH equipment (which ultimately just handles the remote workplace). And it coincides with me quitting BF2042 at that time (10 days after pre launch) so that I wouldn't have known immediately that something happened.

The question is, is it really the issue (it is just a virtual device) and how do I solve it. I can't deinstall Citrix because of work. And how can I check which GPU the game uses.

€dit: I deactivated citrix display adapter and restartedm, but nothing changed)

• Eyes

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
fuck fuck fuck

Does your CPU have an integrated video? It may be worth checking if you didn't connected the video output to your motherboard instead of the GPU.

Dinjoralo

Dec 6, 2018
Halo still has the problem where running below target framerate causes horrible stuttering, but with the campaign running much worse in the big open areas it's a lot worse.

• Sad

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

EDIT: It might have always been unlisted, but I'm not sure.
Might just be the most pathetic announcement from any big publisher in recent years.

They chose a dead game with 58 metacritic to push this NFT shit. and gonna run from the announcement in less than 24hrs.

Throwing shit at a wall to see if it sticks. If they were actually serious they would have chosen their most populated game in Siege.

Ubi leadership needs to all be fired and replaced. At this point I would actually root for someone like Microsoft to spend billions to buy them out and take over all their IPs.

• Evil

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Does your CPU have an integrated video? It may be worth checking if you didn't connected the video output to your motherboard instead of the GPU.
No, nothing changed at the hardware level.

I searched for Citrix issues and there are some reports that Citrix fucks up Unity games. I also saw reports that DX11 mode in FF14 is a 2fps shitshow with Citrix installed since October (while having 150+ FPS in dx9 mode)
I deinstalled Citrix and restarted the PC but sadly it didn't change anything. But couldn't test it more because I need Citrix tomorrow for work.

checking the nvidia overlay, the 1660 is used as the display but not really working
the performance overlay when I tested the problem with Rimworld tells me:
gpu clock 300 mhz
GPU temp 44C
GPU voltage 0,6volt
GPU usage 10-20%
GPU power 15 watts
GPU fan speed 0 RPM
memory clock 405mhz

I could confirm this issue with Wasteland 3, Xcom2 and Rimworld

CK3 and Factorio are fine, they both use the GPU fully and the temps go above 60C and mostly stable 60 fps

• Eyes

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Tales of Arise is a gorgeous game. The first area gives off a poor first impression but as the game goes on it becomes more and more beautiful.
Shame that the LOD is so agressive though.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
No, nothing changed at the hardware level.

I searched for Citrix issues and there are some reports that Citrix fucks up Unity games. I also saw reports that DX11 mode in FF14 is a 2fps shitshow with Citrix installed since October (while having 150+ FPS in dx9 mode)
I deinstalled Citrix and restarted the PC but sadly it didn't change anything. But couldn't test it more because I need Citrix tomorrow for work.

checking the nvidia overlay, the 1660 is used as the display but not really working
the performance overlay when I tested the problem with Rimworld tells me:
gpu clock 300 mhz
GPU temp 44C
GPU voltage 0,6volt
GPU usage 10-20%
GPU power 15 watts
GPU fan speed 0 RPM
memory clock 405mhz

I could confirm this issue with Wasteland 3, Xcom2 and Rimworld

CK3 and Factorio are fine, they both use the GPU fully and the temps go above 60C and mostly stable 60 fps
What strange issue. I had Citrix installed on my PC and it fucked up a game.

Have you tried an older driver version?

• Eyes

Dinjoralo

Dec 6, 2018
Halo Infinite is definitely more enjoyable than 4. If only it wasn't a jutter-fest.

• Eyes

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018

Am I the boomer?
lately I'm feeling the same, lol
The whole issue is currently totally weird because nobody appears capable of explaining exactly why its a benefit, and importantly, exactly to whom its a benefit. Folks always just give some really vague non-answer response about it when challenged on their claim that its a brilliant plan.

You also finally get a "well i'm not going to go into great detail about the very obvious benefits because you can just research it for yourself." before they go back into hiding.

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Anyone have any mod recommendations for the FF Pixel Remasters besides scrolling fix and font swap?

• Eyes

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
The whole issue is currently totally weird because nobody appears capable of explaining exactly why its a benefit, and importantly, exactly to whom its a benefit. Folks always just give some really vague non-answer response about it when challenged on their claim that its a brilliant plan.

You also finally get a "well i'm not going to go into great detail about the very obvious benefits because you can just research it for yourself." before they go back into hiding.
Blockchain folks continue to struggle to explain any benefit and all too often lean into the lack of an explanation as a YOU problem just not understanding the technology.

They will all too often say something along the lines of how, historically, emerging technologies are misunderstood or downplayed until they are taken seriously. The problem of this is twofold since it ignores how emerging technology often is solving a specific problem/need/use case/etc. AND blockchain has been around for a long time (and distributed ledgers significantly longer) so it has had time to develop.

An explanation does not even have to be easy to digest, but it is just the lack of any explanation of what blockchain is doing over already established technologies continues to make it seem like little more like folks either trying to appease investors and/or skirt existing regulations.

I hate talking about blockchain since it feels like there are so many goalposts being moved and then having it thrown back at me to refute. The only two folks I know IRL who are all-in on cryptocurrency and blockchain, one knows little about computers and is mystified by anything under the hood so to speak, plus really likes to gamble. The other fancies themselves a day trader, but it is more accurate to say a gambling addiction turned day trading.

Dinjoralo

Dec 6, 2018
The talk of day trading reminds me of when I talked with my parents about setting up retirement stuff. I thought day trading was just what you did with stocks.

• Eyes

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

Is historical low price but the reviews.... they all seem to mention that this game is pirated or something? And it's out of date also... So I decided against it and took off my wishlist also. I wonder what is the deal here...

That got me thinking though, maybe you guys know some good Lovecraft horror games instead?

I am unfortunately Square Enix's slut, so if it winds up being on Epic before Steam I'll probably buy it >.<
I'm weak
I feel this on a spiritual level. 😩 But so far, I've avoided EGS like the plague. And I don't think anything will convince me but... there is a whole slew of FF's coming out soon to PC, from 7R and Strangers of Paradise to 16 eventually... And I dunno if my strength will last. I hope it does though...

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018

I finished Jedi Academy recently for the first time. Goddamn, the combat felt so good and with such style. Nothing feels better than pulling off some crazy acrobatic cartwheel, wall flip, wall run, etc.. while landing the perfect attack to cut a Sith in two. I should have played this a long time ago. I'll have to check out the rest of the Jedi Knight series at some point now.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Is historical low price but the reviews.... they all seem to mention that this game is pirated or something? And it's out of date also... So I decided against it and took off my wishlist also. I wonder what is the deal here...
I think it's been fixed now.
Basically publisher & developer are on full on legal war, trying to fuck each other maximally.

It probably won't get previously Switch exclusive DLC, which Nacon doesn't have rights for.
That's only in Frogwares published versions on Origin, Gamesplanet.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Dusk Diver 2 got a store page too.
Oh neat, I didn't know there was a sequel in the works. I've had my eyes on the first game and will probably pick it up next time it has a good sale. Nice to know there's more to come (if I end up liking the game),

Reactions: 「Echo」

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
random psa:

if you use windows file history for backups, might wanna ensure you aren't backing up temp folders. resulted to 1.6TB of temp files backed up (in about 2 years) and like 6 million files.

Discovering files to be deleted took like a day and removing additional two days. (Maybe I should have used tool better than windows explorer).

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
If I disliked Pony Island and The Hex because I didn’t like their gameplay, and I’m pretty hit and miss on card games/deck builders but enjoy obscure escape room puzzles / Myst-likes, how likely am I to enjoy Inscryption?

• Eyes

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
If I disliked Pony Island and The Hex because I didn’t like their gameplay, and I’m pretty hit and miss on card games/deck builders but enjoy obscure escape room puzzles / Myst-likes, how likely am I to enjoy Inscryption?
It is basically a card game, thats the meat of it all. If you aren't into them then maybe give it a miss.

I haven't played many card games so cant speak to how it compares to others but im enjoying it due to its story/atmosphere. Its very well presented.

• Eyes

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
It is basically a card game, thats the meat of it all. If you aren't into them then maybe give it a miss.

I haven't played many card games so cant speak to how it compares to others but im enjoying it due to its story/atmosphere. Its very well presented.
Thanks. Part of me wants to try it because I'd like to find out for myself what the deal is, and with all sorts of end of year podcasts coming, that's gonna be a pain to maneuver.

Also, Wounds of Eventide, the final Blasphemous content update, is out now.

There's a point in the game after which you can't access the new content anymore, so be sure to check out the Steam announcement for details on that. Unfortunately, I already completed the game the other day and am well past it. Maybe I'll do another run ahead of the sequel.

edit: I'm reading you can still access the new area but some of the story will be missing? I'll have to check it out then.

Last edited:

Sadrac

Dec 6, 2018
In addition to what TioChuck already said:
There is currently an enormous amount of financial investment in so called crypto-"currency" and NFTs. In my personal opinion this is done to speculate and/or to defraud people.
The amount of money that is currently invested into this basically forces software/gaming companies to look into this.
And since Ubisoft is a company that likes to be first on every platform (except Steam :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:) they are also actively developing NFT games.

In short: Functionally they could develop the same game(s) without NFTs (and it would be easier). But with NFTs they generate interest and (maybe) get investments from the crypto community.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Pro tip for people playing Blasphemous for the first time or replaying it after some of the major updates: donate a (cumulative total of) 20,000 at the church in Albero to unlock fast travel between save points. It's so worth it and imo should've just been the default.

I played a little of (one of?) the new DLC area(s), and I don't really love it. The enemies are kind of annoying, really tanky and hit for a third of a fully upgraded health bar... I think I may just be done with the game for now, so that might be coloring my impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.