Community MetaSteam | December 2021 - All I want for Christmas is a SteamDeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

OSatan

OFather OSun
I just want digital Mage Knight!

Steam input customisation is amazing. I spent a while yesterday tinkering around with a controller profile to play Oxygen Not Included as it doesn't have controller support and I'm a comfy coucher. There are so many options. I set up two radial menus that appear when i hold a trigger so i can select all the buildings stuff and task stuff, got a hot bar for all the information tabs etc. Adjusted the mouse settings so that its nice and accurate with the joystick.

Honestly, it was like a game in itself getting it all set up and satisfying to use.
Its awesome but I hate that non of the good stuff works outside big picture mode, there is hope since it seems they will unify it when Deck arrives.

New Warframe story update is magnificent.
I should have not stopped playing prior to completing railjack and the mech...

And no I will not play plat for them!

Isn't this table like tied to a lot of stuff? like a pipe dream of seen it recreated.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Hi everyone.

Fantomena reached out to me last month to ask how I was getting on and to see why I'd left Metacouncil. I explained that I had a new job, the adjustment to the new role was taking its toll on me, and I was overwhelmed with social media and communties, so I decided to take a break from all but Twitter. I hope he passed on the message, though I trust that he did.

Sorry to worry some of you, and I appreciate the concern.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
So I just finished Half Life Episode 2, and wow, that was sure some ending (or lack thereof) to leave the franchise with. Overall I really liked Episodes 1 and 2, they kinda form a neat expansion of the main campaign, even if it just doesn't lead to any kind of ending.

Well, at least I'm ready to give the midquel Alyx a go now.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I have 5 mechanical keyboards, they're ace. I haven't gone batshit crazy expensive build-my-own yet so there's still hope for me.

In other news, a statement retracting NFT cosmetics from STALKER 2 has been seen on the STALKER reddit. Not sure if fake yet but people say that the retraction of the apology tweet by GSC probably pointed to a rollback. Let's see how it plays out.

edit: Or what Mor posted. lol.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
In other news, a statement retracting NFT cosmetics from STALKER 2 has been seen on the STALKER reddit. Not sure if fake yet but people say that the retraction of the apology tweet by GSC probably pointed to a rollback. Let's see how it plays out.
for what is worth, no, it wasn't fake, they quickly removed it and it was posted here too.

Reactions: Tomasety

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Seriously don't know what they were thinking. Fans have been waiting 10 years for another entry and they plagued prerelease hype with some bullshit nft. Terrible PR.

Spend the next 4 months on polishing and focus on making a good game pls.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Was there some good turn-based RPG that came out recently and slipped my mind? Or am I thinking of Temtem...
Though, Temtem seems a fair bit better now. Difficulty is way less bullish.
The cynic in me says this was a coordinated PR stunt to pretend they hear the fanbase
Honestly, that doesn't make sense. Crypto-bullshit is basically the devil right now for a large amount of people, the fact they publicly considered it is probably going to hurt sales even with the retraction.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
The issue many fans brought up was that NFTs have been hyped and pushed out there before any gameplay footage at all has been shown and that was on top of an already sceptical fanbase who distrust the pricing structure of STALKER 2 already. NFTs were just the icing on top of a suspicious cake for many of them especially as large swathes of the fanbase don't trust the current head of GSC either. How much of this NFT money would go to the devs and not him? How will STALKER 2 avoid the shitshow that is going on with Skyrim, Creator Club and the unofficial patch shenanigans if it has NFT payment for Mods?

Things are uncertain in Ukraine at the moment and GSC had to work in really shitty conditions last time Russia butted heads with Ukraine so there was uncertainty about cash flow to the studio but chasing NFTs and the £100 Ultimate Edition with sloppy communication has annoyed the community.

I think it was massively mismanaged and there were a lot of unanswered questions from a passionate community.

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.