Community MetaSteam | December 2021 - All I want for Christmas is a SteamDeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Maybe they're so confident with the FF14 exploit that they think they can botch every other major release for the time being.
They'd be on the way for their third bankruptcy if it wasn't for that

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Shantom

Mar 17, 2021
Definately a case of taking the money and running with it. They have had 3 exclusivity deals on this (Initial 1 year, Intergrade and EGS) and this is what they shit out for us and then have the cheek to ask for £65.

Pathetic.
They put the price back up to £70 in the end. :money-mouth-face:

• Sad

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
weird part fo this is that apparently KH games were pretty good ports
That is the weird thing about all of this.

Look at the pixel remasters, so far (from the ones I have played at any rate) they have been great. Excellent music, decent looks. The only thing really letting them down is the fonts they insist on shoving in and maybe the pricing (but that is a common theme with S-E).

FFXIV, a team that seems to be genuinely upset with the server issues and willing to give free time away (we are up to 21 days so far). The server side issues seem to be more to do with the penny counters at S-E than anybody directly involved in the game..

Then outside of that we have the EGS debacle.

Kingdom Hearts - Great port apparently but little to no advertising.

The World Ends With You Neo - Not heard either way about the port, but was sent out to die on the consoles. Shadow dropped later on PC. Wasn't sent out so much to die but more as a zombie.

Christ alone knows how we describe FFVIIR. Shadowdropped on PC, no real promotional material for the game, has the original PS prompts in it with the actual prompts shoved underneath it, terrible options (as somebody pointed out, modern console games have more options than this), and already has a damning report from DF. Even if I did shop at EGS it would be a waste of a £10 voucher.
They put the price back up to £70 in the end. :money-mouth-face:
Oh FFS. Noticed the price increase but thought that was more them screwing over regional pricing.

Yeah these are all going to be waiting for a deep discount now.

• Eyes

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
me too! I only use Apple aluminium keyboards, for years and years. They're awesome :D
(plus I vastly prefer the button arrangement ctrl · alt/option · win/super/cmd. I dont like the win/cmd key inbetween ctrl and alt.)
Same here. Love those keyboards. Mine’s been going strong for like five years now.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
If its been on EGS generally I'm waiting for a sale on other platforms. as they probably already discounted it there prior to release elsewhere. I won't be paying more after waiting for it to arrive on a platform that doesn't stand for everything that pisses me off about gaming.

Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
EGS has no user reviews or forums, so nobody will know this until they actually bought it.

As I've said earlier: we aren't Square's customers for this game, Epic is. And it's God damn sad that some people are still supporting or even defending this. 😔
It's like the worst case scenario, can you even refund?. Glad they have shopping cart now - that helps.. to get more games like these.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I wonder how many who removed it from their wishlists. I know I did.
I removed it from mine, not sure if I am all that eager to put it back yet.

I need the dust to settle and to see if the game actually captures what made the previous games good. It was frustrating to feel like they starting talking about NFTs more than the actual game when it has been an elephant in the room that the game has been in limbo over the years. and needs to show that the game itself is on track.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Weird Zaccaria is doing game tie-ins now. They have been quiet for a while.

It's not part of the platinum pack so no built-in discount.
These tables look really good, bought! I'm happy to see Zaccaria improving year after year. Since Zen is completely in bed with Epic and wants us to repurchase all tables, Zaccaria is my game of choice for my pinball needs.

• Eyes

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
I have 5 mechanical keyboards, they're ace. I haven't gone batshit crazy expensive build-my-own yet so there's still hope for me.

In other news, a statement retracting NFT cosmetics from STALKER 2 has been seen on the STALKER reddit. Not sure if fake yet but people say that the retraction of the apology tweet by GSC probably pointed to a rollback. Let's see how it plays out.

edit: Or what Mor posted. lol.
I'm still at just 3 mechanical keyboards, and they're all in use. But man I wish someone would just set me up with a nice buckling spring keyboard, I'd pay $300. I don't want to have to build it myself because I suck at lots of small mechanical dexterity.

• Eyes

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I've had a keyboard with Kailh box whites for the last several years. Just feels great to type on.

• Eyes

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I'm realizing all this NFT shit seems a lot like the Dot-Com bubble. I wonder when the next recession will hit.
Cuz like, investors are going crazy for anything crypto related, but will those initiatives actually bring in money from consumers, that can pay back the investors?

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Oh man, I've been sucked back into Rimworld. Haven't played for a bit. Fired it up today. Such a terrific game. 5 hours today.
My colony got mauled by a rabid guinea pig. One guy has gone off the rails and taken all his clothes off. My horse died of the plague.

Also there are now so many options to set up the game! Picking religion/perks/people/stats/icons etc. Love it.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I still wonder how Epic coupons are allowed legally. It is really unfair competition that damages market. And while Steam will be fine i really can see GMG, Fanatical and other smaller stores really getting destroyed because they can't compete.
I mean, they're literally bleeding money and teaching costumers to never actually buy games, they're not actually competing, they're just burning down their market.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
So after more than 2 years here I'll start breaking my shy wall and start adding some of you guys on Steam, I mostly like to see what everyone plays and buys since it's one of my main forms of discovering new games.

It's always kinda awkward for me since it always seems like overstepping or someone may feel weird about a rando requesting friendship but here we go o_O

Gelf

Apr 22, 2019
So glad I was able to just use my brothers PS plus subscription a while back to play FFVII remake. Waiting for the exclusivity period to end for a badly ported, overpriced mess only to find that after all that it wasn't a game I even liked that much anyway would have been awful.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So after more than 2 years here I'll start breaking my shy wall and start adding some of you guys on Steam, I mostly like to see what everyone plays and buys since it's one of my main forms of discovering new games.

It's always kinda awkward for me since it always seems like overstepping or someone may feel weird about a rando requesting friendship but here we go o_O
Sent you a request so you don't have to send it, I don't really interact with people, so you won't have to worry about me bothering you ^^

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

I sent you an invite!

• Hug
Reactions: Tomasety and Jav

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018

I sent you an add

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia

Sent you an invite too!

• Hug

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
BF2042 is having a free weekend on Steam if anyone is curious. I just played it for an hour and yeah, it's unplayable on my system ( GTX 1060, i7-8750H). 1080p with lowest possible settings and I can't even reach 60 fps.

1 year of EA Play on Steam is 15 dollars.

Hmm, it's 10 dollars in my country. I'm tempted.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland

:wd_heart:
1 year of EA Play on Steam is 15 dollars.

12,49 in €urobux.
Tempted even though I don't really have any EA games I would want to even play right this moment.

• Eyes

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
That’s a pretty nice deal for the EA sub. Last year they had something like three months for €1, which I used to play Jedi: Fallen Order.

What I dislike about how these subscriptions work in Steam is that they remove game entries from your library after the sub lapses. I like to maintain various lists/categories and that kinda messes with that system. I’d prefer it if entries stayed and it would just display a purchase button where you usually click install or play.

Last edited:
  • Eyes

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Unfortunately I'm starting to get Yakuza fatigue, although it's probably my fault for playing them all back to back x_x

Right now I'm on Yakuza 5 and it feels way too long. It also feels like I've already played the best Yakuza game (Yakuza 0) and it's been all downhill since :disappointed-face:

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
It's a shame Tales of Arise doesn't have more enemy variety. Probably my biggest gripe with the game.
Speaking of asset recycling, when you do a lot of side content in Mass Effect, the fact that every base, mine or abandoned space ship is exactly the same really starts to hit you.

Love both games though.
I actually appreciate ME even more now than I did back then.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Unfortunately I'm starting to get Yakuza fatigue, although it's probably my fault for playing them all back to back x_x

Right now I'm on Yakuza 5 and it feels way too long. It also feels like I've already played the best Yakuza game (Yakuza 0) and it's been all downhill since :disappointed-face:
Well, 0 came out like 12 years after the original, so of course it would be one of the most refined. I play a maximum of 2 Yakuza games a year. Otherwise I feel like I'm playing the same game over and over.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Yoshi

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So, spent 2 hours queuing to get into Enwalker. Thought I would do some more story questing.

Instead spent 4 hours grinding for the Heavensward Extreme mounts with a friend. Will definately do more of the story tomorrow...

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018

I played 0 to Kiwami 2 within a few months. That was pretty intense! A couple of months after Kiwami 2, I tried to play Yakuza 3 and it didn't take for similar reasons as you. Next time I give it a shot I'll have to try to look at it as more adventures with characters and a setting I'm fond of so as to not set expectations too high or compare them too much. I'm still taking a break from the series. I think the time off will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.