Community MetaSteam | December 2021 - All I want for Christmas is a SteamDeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Those of us who played Lake may like these Gamious Plushies on Makeship.
I've bought a Spleens plushie from Makeship so they are legit if a bit pricey but it's limited run stuff so it's kind of expected.
Meredith and Mail Truck Plushies.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Unfortunately I'm starting to get Yakuza fatigue, although it's probably my fault for playing them all back to back x_x

Right now I'm on Yakuza 5 and it feels way too long. It also feels like I've already played the best Yakuza game (Yakuza 0) and it's been all downhill since :disappointed-face:
Yeah I’ve played 0 to 4 so far and am not in a rush to get to the rest yet

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Yoshi

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I put 100 hours into Yakuza 0 last year but haven't beat it. There are too many things to do, and the combat and encounters are just not that great so I dragged it.
So after more than 2 years here I'll start breaking my shy wall and start adding some of you guys on Steam, I mostly like to see what everyone plays and buys since it's one of my main forms of discovering new games.

It's always kinda awkward for me since it always seems like overstepping or someone may feel weird about a rando requesting friendship but here we go o_O
I sent a request to you ;)

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I put 100 hours into Yakuza 0 last year but haven't beat it. There are too many things to do, and the combat and encounters are just not that great so I dragged it.
I was not a fan of the combat either… until I discovered the raw power of Beast mode. Hilarious and effectively a “just let me win” button. Helped me power through. Unfortunately Majima doesn’t have as OP an equivalent but buying a bunch of weapons does the trick too.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018

Full changelog in this update:

• added Steam Workshop support (lets you install mods and upload your own)
  • added Korean language support
  • added back "short numbers" option for non-english languages (uses english terms for the time being)
  • added tooltips on achievement notifications
  • added Discord rich presence support
  • Christmas content update coming soon!

This should be the last "technical" update focused on Steam-specific features. Future updates will revolve around new content and new gameplay features.

We're excited to see what you folks come up with using the Workshop. Later on, we may refine the modding tools further as the community's needs become clearer.

Thank you so much for playing Cookie Clicker!
-Orteil

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Maybe good to finally pull off the bandaid. Will be a shitshow until they patch in all the missing functionality into the Settings menu, and tweak it get rid of the remaining Windows 8 Metro bullshit.

That being said, I'm really glad I am not using Windows for more than gaming.
Aye, I always think how glad I am that I only (have to) use Windows for work... I'm sometimes tempted to dual boot when some game doesn't play nice with Proton, but I'm too lazy to do that.
I'm really happy I got Manjaro KDE :D

So after more than 2 years here I'll start breaking my shy wall and start adding some of you guys on Steam, I mostly like to see what everyone plays and buys since it's one of my main forms of discovering new games.

It's always kinda awkward for me since it always seems like overstepping or someone may feel weird about a rando requesting friendship but here we go o_O
Know what you mean, feel the same, but at some point I also started to simply add people wherever I noticed a Steam name.
I also very rarely interact and never bother anyone on Steam, like ... most of you, I noticed ;)

• Hug
Reactions: Tomasety and Mivey

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I checked out Ready or Not. Idk about missions/AI, I just started one at random and messed around. It's promising. Less clunky than SWAT4 with most of the same functions. We'll see. Squad AI seems fine in following orders. They did kill 3 enemies as they came upon us before I got killed after advancing further. One enemy came in an area I'd been through several times, Idk if they roam or what. Some screenies, I think all on Epic settings except the last on Low to compare. Performance was okay in mission, some hiccups, some times for no reason, the large lobby could get some big drops too. Some weird graphics but mostly 👌

Last edited:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
The POSTAL tables in Zaccaria Pinball are REALLY good! For less than €5, you'll get 4 complete different tables: 1 retro, 1 solid state, 1 dot matrix and a modern tables with multiple levels. Don't sleep on it!

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I have made my opinions on FFVIIR known previously (good but bloated). With everything that has happened around the releas, I will be waiting till it hits £20 before I look at it.

Instead I am really enjoying the better FF game (Endwalker has been great so far).

Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
yikes on the FFVIIR stuff

I probably would have bought it in a sale on steam at some point down the line in spite of everything but at this point I probably won't even do that unless they fix some stuff

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019

Sent you an invite yesterday.

If anyone else is inclined to do so please add me as well, with the sale approaching I love to look at the feed and see what everyone is getting and find it an awesome way to find new stuff, imho one of steam's best features.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I need to vote already.
Hmmm. Does anyone know the point the EVGA queue is at? I signed up for a 3080 around mid-september, 2020.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
It's likely not something that a lot of people will care about or pay attention but but it's nice looking at the best soundtrack of 2021.

Will Nier win this year? From what I recall GotG is rather niche? It has gotten word of mouth and stuff but I'm wondering if either Persona or Nier will win. But of the 5 options only 1 of them is a non Japanese game (and even then SE is the publisher)

Also Days Gone was nominated for best story.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I bought EA Play to try ME: Andromeda, here are my thoughts so far:
  • It's a really beautiful game. Of course, I might be easy to impress since I love science fiction aesthetics and rarely play AAA games.
  • The gameplay mechanics seem solid though not spectacular. I like the jump.
  • Same goes for the setting, nice enough though no where near as interesting from the start as ME1 was back then, IMHO.
  • WHY THE HELL CAN'T I SAVE MANUALLY IN THE FIRST 3 HOURS OF THE GAME OH MY GOD WHAT ASS-BACKWARDS DESIGN FUCKUP IS THIS?

Huh. I wasn't aware the Gujian devs were working on a 2D ARPG/Metroidvania. Looks pretty.
That looks very nice!

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I'm in the weird west beta? alpha? Whatever?

It's cool

It's like... if you mixed up Commandos/Shadow Tactics but made it Supernatural Western - but throw in RPG elements because you focus on one character, but you don't? it's really cool

You can distract guards slow down time upgrade things get a horse sleep loiter there's a world map like...

It's this basically:

So far it's working great

Status
Not open for further replies.