Community MetaSteam | December 2021 - All I want for Christmas is a SteamDeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Okay, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is fantastic so far. Not quite as gorgeous as the Dragon's Trap remaster (which, to be fair, is among the prettiest 2D games out there), but it looks really good in motion regardless. Also controls well, has a great soundtrack and fun levels. Very happy to have finally picked it up.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Arulan

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Do I spend money on more friggin JRPG's I will never get around to?
Have you already played the Trails in the Sky games? I would 100% recommend you start with those. If you have, then I would also recommend you wait until the Crossbell games drop on Steam before playing Cold Steel 1. I just finished Cold Steel 1, and coming in with knowledge from the Crossbell games absolutely improves the experience, allowing you to understand more about the interconnected world and setting.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Pains me to see Nioh2 get so little love in the goty voting. No nom for main goty and only for games you suck at award :confused-face:

Game is so good. Its the Dark Souls 2 of Nioh games with how much quality content it has.

Psychonauts 2 also robbed (for the 100th time) from goty. Oh well I guess I'll vote for Valheim. I kind of want CP2077 to win but wtvr.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Between these choices I think I'm legally obligated to vote for Forza Horizon 5 because I put 100 hours on that game...... and haven't played any of the other four :p

No Psychonauts 2 or Guardians of the Galaxy even in the story rich category does sting a little though.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Nothing for me in this sale mostly because I'm waiting to upgrade my GPU before I jump into some more AAA style games.
Plus I'm still broke anyway, so it works out.

But I did briefly think about grabbing Echoes of the Eye DLC for Outer Wilds, but it's only 20% off and I'm not in a hurry.
Actually the Globesweeper bundle is on sale and cheap, I might grab that.
beep boop Did you try those yet or were you waiting on the sale, I forget.

If I feel feisty towards the end of the sale I might grab some other games in the €2 range from my wishlist too.

• Eyes

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I was talking to a couple of friends about the possibility / challenge of not buying a single game next year. I'm still working out the details but the gist of it is that I only get to buy games during the Holiday sales, and only 1 on my birthday.

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
I was talking to a couple of friends about the possibility / challenge of not buying a single game next year. I'm still working out the details but the gist of it is that I only get to buy games during the Holiday sales, and only 1 on my birthday.
If you're willing to sell your soul, EGS does give out free games so you can still build a backlog of games and not play them.

Might see what everyone is buying/playing on Steam to see if there's any interesting games to pick up. So far Tametsi looks interesting.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Unless you are obsessed with DOTA/CSGO or some other GaaS that kills all your time I don't think its possible to go a full year without buying games.

There will always be some good deal or bundle that will make you cave.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Actually the Globesweeper bundle is on sale and cheap, I might grab that.
@beep boop Did you try those yet or were you waiting on the sale, I forget.
I got Murder By Numbers and PictoQuest recently, so I’m putting off Globesweeper so as to not burden my puzzle backlog even further :’)

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I could easily go a year without buying any new games. I often go months at the start of the year where i buy nothing.
A few big, replayable comfy games, a library of stuff to choose from on PC/Switch & PS4 mean it's not a problem.

Add in a service game or multiplayer game if you like those sorts of things and boom, done.
Hell, it's even easier if you have a subscription service like PSN/Gamepass or play the EGS/Amazon Twitch monthly freebies.

L3_Ca$h

Nov 24, 2021
Dang was really hoping for at least a small discount on HALO, $60 seems steep just for the campaign…

Have that in my cart with Guardians of the Galaxy (never seen any of the movies but it looks good), and the Mass Erect Trilogy Remaster but haven’t pulled the trigger.

Also was hoping for a bigger discount on the FF Pixel bundle. Oh well it’s just started, I can marinate on it for a while.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 19, 2018
Ibis Island
Steam is being really weird for me ATM when it comes to the marketplace.

It won't let me buy the last card I need (saying I already have a buy order) but it sat there and let me buy the same cards multiple times?

• Toucan
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I could easily go a year without buying any new games. I often go months at the start of the year where i buy nothing.
A few big, replayable comfy games, a library of stuff to choose from on PC/Switch & PS4 mean it's not a problem.

Add in a service game or multiplayer game if you like those sorts of things and boom, done.
Hell, it's even easier if you have a subscription service like PSN/Gamepass or play the EGS/Amazon Twitch monthly freebies.
I might make a thread if anyone's interested

• Eyes

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Have that in my cart with Guardians of the Galaxy (never seen any of the movies but it looks good), and the Mass Erect Trilogy Remaster but haven’t pulled the trigger.
Both are good and worthy of the purchase.

The Guardians of the Galaxy game isn't set in the same universe as the movies and is doing it's own thing, though it is the same main characters and while you can play it and enjoy it stand alone I think they do expect you to be at least somewhat familiar with the Guardians of the Galaxy in order to really understand all of the character's backstories.

• Eyes
Dec 5, 2018
Have you already played the Trails in the Sky games? I would 100% recommend you start with those. If you have, then I would also recommend you wait until the Crossbell games drop on Steam before playing Cold Steel 1. I just finished Cold Steel 1, and coming in with knowledge from the Crossbell games absolutely improves the experience, allowing you to understand more about the interconnected world and setting.
While I played the CS I-II games after the Sky games (at the time, there wasn't any other realistic option) having played the crossbell games recently I think I would have appreciated more those moments.

I recently started CSIII (after seeing a post here a few weeks ago) and I'm glad I waited cause I'm appreciating the continuity and the callbacks a lot more.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Unless you are obsessed with DOTA/CSGO or some other GaaS that kills all your time I don't think its possible to go a full year without buying games.
Or

plus:
Dwarf Fortress
Minecraft
Aurora 4X C#
X3AP Litcube

***And when you exclude DLC purchases

But I purchased Wasteland 3 and oxygen not included this year :>
But Oxygen would probably rise in my playlist for years to come

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Last year I didn't buy too much in the way of games, spent around 400+ hours on Terraria. Plus a couple of other little bits.

I think I bought maybe 10 games this year. Actually tried them all out, returned 1 and played 2 in any detail. That would be FFXIV & Dorfromantik.

I think next year will be catching up on some of the games I did purchase this year plus patch content for XIV and looking at spending some time with either the original Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2.

I have a backlog of around 1300 games in steam another couple of hundred in GOG. So that, coupled with the fact that I can't get the hardware I want to play more recent games means I am quite happy playing MMO's, clearing some of the backlog and maybe actually trying to learn some of the more complex games I have.

And I will try my best not to buy anything in the sales, honest.
Hell, I havent even played any of the Witcher games in detail and I have owened all 3 of them from release.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Or

plus:
Dwarf Fortress
Minecraft
Aurora 4X C#
X3AP Litcube

***And when you exclude DLC purchases

But I purchased Wasteland 3 and oxygen not included this year :>
But Oxygen would probably rise in my playlist for years to come
Rimworld should be in there too.

• This!

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Jeez, I'm so bad at this sale. I can't get out of my gaming lull for one, so what's the point of adding to the backlog ? And I already have a huge backlog, so again what's the point ? And the discounts get tamer by the years.

Still have tabs open for...
The Sinking City deluxe on gamesplanet for 10
Death Door for 15
Inscryption for 16 (but I fucking don't like the aesthetic)
Ender Lilies for 19 (but I'm scared shitless of the difficulty)
Ruined King for full price because I'm interested and impatient

There is a very definite possibility that I end up buying nothing.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Jeez, I'm so bad at this sale. I can't get out of my gaming lull for one, so what's the point of adding to the backlog ? And I already have a huge backlog, so again what's the point ? And the discounts get tamer by the years.

Still have tabs open for...
The Sinking City deluxe on gamesplanet for 10
Death Door for 15
Inscryption for 16 (but I fucking don't like the aesthetic)
Ender Lilies for 19 (but I'm scared shitless of the difficulty)
Ruined King for full price because I'm interested and impatient

There is a very definite possibility that I end up buying nothing.
Death's Door is wonderful, but note that it also isn't a cakewalk. It's not super hard; just expect to lean forward now and then. Excellent boss design though. Also charming as heck.

While making progress in my journey through Dark Souls 3, I come accross a breathtaking view!
Gorgeous view ahead indeed. Also kinda frustrating encounter design there. This place made me switch from my 2H build to sword and board.

Last edited:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Hmmm, that GotG looking tempting.

Not sure what else tho. Several good discounts on stuff I haven't played that I could add to backlog.

Everyone should try Inscryption tho if possible. Great game.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Promised my brother, no new purchases until after xmas, and im fine with that thus far. He tends to get me a game/games for xmas due to the sales, so i vant complain. Ive held off playing other games i have bought (Doom eternal) because i dont know how my 970 will handle it. Cant believe im letting hardware dictate playing after all these years.

Unhappy the one game i want to get so my wife and i can co-op (Clandestine) isnt on sale, so i guess ill leave that dream alone for now.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Man sometimes I don't know where I'd be without the select few curators I follow on various platforms. Feels like so much quality content would just pass me by if I wasn't tuned in to the tastemakers who mirror my gaming preferences.

Few days ago Tomato on Twitch turned me on to the killer, dumb-fun Wasteland Trucker. Yesterday it was Splattercat's turn with Delta V: Rings of Saturn.

Delta V is an asteroid-mining sandbox sim based on hard science. Lots of engineering & aeronautic stats to nerd out on. Tons of ship upgrades where mixing and matching complimentary onboard energy & propulsion systems matters. Super-slick presentation. Relaxing gameplay loop when you're out in the field.

Yup, this is my jam.

Status
Not open for further replies.