Community MetaSteam | December 2021 - All I want for Christmas is a SteamDeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!
  • All the best for you too, lashman

Big thanks for taking part in those monthly threads!
Check out Tizoc's Monthly Highlights thread.

The Touryst

You are just arriving at the Monument Islands. Want to go swimming? Or rather take a dive into the deep sea? Or do you want to visit the amusement arcade, do some shopping, dance at the beach party? Fancy some surfing? Or will you talk with the strange old tourist and listen what he has to say about these ancient mysterious monuments.

If you are tired of the cold winter, why not explore a sunny beach?

Halo Infinite (Campaign)

When all hope is lost and humanity’s fate hangs in the balance, the Master Chief is ready to confront the most ruthless foe he’s ever faced. Step inside the armor of humanity’s greatest hero to experience an epic adventure and explore the massive scale of the Halo ring.

Halo Infinite offers the most expansive and adventure-filled Halo campaign to date set in the wide-open environment of the ancient ringworld, Zeta Halo. Explore the vast reaches of Installation 07, from stunning heights to mysterious depths below the ring. Rescue UNSC marines to gain reinforcements in your fight against a fearsome enemy known as “the Banished.”

Set after the events of Halo 5 and shortly following a crushing defeat, the UNSC fleet lies shattered and stranded on the surface of the heavily damaged Installation 07. Amongst the wreckage, a terrifying clan of Brute warriors, The Banished, now roam the damaged ringworld. Outmanned and outgunned, Master Chief must stop the Banished from repairing the Halo ring and claiming control of the galaxy’s greatest threat.

Halo Infinite looks RAD as heck!

Monster Rancher 1&2 DX

Enjoy “Monster Rancher” and “Monster Rancher 2” to the fullest!

20 years since their release, the legendary monster training games “Monster Rancher” and “Monster Rancher 2” are bringing back the exciting days of growing, training, and competing with your unique monsters!

Will you grow your strongest monsters by doting on them or by developing an intense training regime? Find your own style among endless possibilities!

Another Japanese classic coming to Steam is always welcome.

Rune Factory 4 Special

Welcome to Selphia, a region ruled by the Native Dragon Ventuswill... and you!

After falling from the sky and landing on the back of a friendly dragon, the young hero or heroine is invited to live in the local castle and, as a newly designated ruler, begins their life anew while developing the town, exploring nearby dungeons, and cultivating the soil.

Start an exciting new life and embark on a grand adventure in this beloved entry in the Rune Factory series!

First time Rune Factory comes to PC, exciting, right?

The Red Lantern (Steam release)

You play as the Musher as she makes the rash decision to start a new life in Alaska. Along with her best friend Chomper, she assembles a dog sledding team and embarks on a journey to find her new home. Unfortunately, she isn’t quite prepared for this adventure. She must learn to adapt so she can take care of herself and her dogs as they try to find their way through the wilderness.

You can also pet doggos, so that's a plus.

Final Fantasy XIV - Endwalker

Prepare for Endwalker, the highly-anticipated fourth expansion pack for FINAL FANTASY XIV Online.

Experience the climax of the Hydaelyn and Zodiark story, and encounter an even greater calamity than ever before as you travel to the far reaches of Hydaelyn and even to the moon.

Journey to the very stars above and join over 24 million players worldwide!

People are soooo hyped with this one, damn!

Chorus

Take control of Nara, once the Circle’s deadliest warrior, now their most wanted fugitive, on a quest to destroy the dark cult that created her. Unlock devastating weapons and mind-bending abilities in a true evolution of the space-combat shooter. Along with Forsaken, her sentient starfighter, explore ancient temples, engage in exhilarating zero-g combat, and venture beyond our waking reality.

Possibly one of 2021 sleepers, we will see.

Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon

Delve with Shovel Knight into the depths of the Pocket Dungeon in an action-packed puzzle adventure mashup like none other! Join your mysterious guide Puzzle Knight as you shovel through scads of foes, procure new equipment, and battle bosses both familiar and new. Explore a tale with endless twists and turns, quest as your favorite heroes, and even challenge a friend for fast-paced head-to-head competition in Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon!

Shovel Knight keeps expanding!

Super Meat Boy Forever (Steam release)

The challenge of Super Meat Boy returns in Super Meat Boy Forever! This time around Meat Boy is always running, like literally...it's an auto-runner. He can't stop and he won't stop. Levels are brutal, death is inevitable, and players will get that sweet feeling of accomplishment after beating a level. Players will run, jump, punch and kick their way through familiar settings and totally new worlds.

What’s better than playing through Super Meat Boy Forever once? The answer is simple: Playing through Super Meat Boy Forever several times and having new levels to play each time. We created over 6000 level chunks and smash them together to create new unique levels and each time the game is completed the option to replay the game appears and generates a whole new experience by presenting different levels with their own unique secret locations. We’ve handcrafted literally thousands of levels for players to enjoy and conquer. You can replay Super Meat Boy Forever from start to finish several times before ever seeing a duplicate level. It is truly a remarkable feat of engineering and a monumental example of ignoring the limits of rational game design and production.

Super Meat Boy Forever takes place a few years after the events of Super Meat Boy. Meat Boy and Bandage Girl have been living a happy life free of Dr. Fetus for several years and they now have a wonderful little baby named Nugget. Nugget is joy personified and she is everything to Meat Boy and Bandage Girl. One day while our heroes were on a picnic, Dr. Fetus snuck up on them, beat Meat Boy and Bandage Girl unconscious with a shovel and kidnapped Nugget! When our heroes came to and found that Nugget was missing, they knew who to go after. They cracked their knuckles and decided to never stop until they got Nugget back and taught Dr. Fetus a very important lesson. A lesson that can only be taught with punches and kicks.

Gotta go fast, you know?

Mechajammer

A cyberpunk horror CRPG set on a grim future colony world. Mechajammer uses simultaneous turn-based combat to create real-time tactics with the precision of turn-based controls.

Recruit large squads of mercenaries, gang members, and thieves as companions. Issue commands to the whole squad to keep the turn-based combat fast and exciting.

You and your crew of deserters have crashed onto a hostile jungle colony. To escape, you must gather rumors, bribe enemies, and earn trust through completing missions. In this immersive sim choose your path wisely, as your story options will shift with every choice.

Deep and fully customizable character creation allows you to experiment and design your own playstyle.

More cyberpunk isn't bad, right? Excellent!

Wartales

It has been a hundred years since the world saw the fall of the once great Edoran Empire at the hands of an unprecedented plague that swept the nation. In the turmoil and uncertainty that has followed, mercenary work, banditry and thievery across the land is abundant, as honor has long since become an almost entirely forgotten virtue.

Now, prepare to lead a group of unscrupulous characters who revel in such activity in a massive open world where combat, death and a thirst for riches will shape and define your day to day life. You are not special, the chosen one or a once in a millennia hero ushering in a new era of peace. Your goal is solely to survive and thrive in this harsh and hostile world.

Only the bravest and most ambitious can hope to see their story written in the Wartales!

Shenmue I & II

Originally released for the Dreamcast in 2000 and 2001, Shenmue I & II is an open world action adventure combining jujitsu combat, investigative sleuthing, RPG elements, and memorable mini-games. It pioneered many aspects of modern gaming, including open world city exploration, and was the game that coined the Quick Time Event (QTE). It was one of the first games with a persistent open world, where day cycles to night, weather changes, shops open and close and NPCs go about their business all on their own schedules. Its engrossing epic story and living world created a generation of passionate fans, and the game consistently makes the list of “greatest games of all time”.

Holiday season (Worldwide release)

Xmas isn't an easy task and for a lot of people it can very well be a challenge, so this month's challenge will be simple: Survive x-mas!

Enjoy as much as you can the season and if you survived the holidays, just tell me and I will put you in here, Easy Peasy!

People who have completed the challenge:
  • No one (yet)

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

Last edited:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Thank you very much Mor for stepping up. Great thread! Hopefully lashman is ok. In the meantime, the anime must flow...

Also the way things are going right now, this title will probably also work for next December... at least for a lot of people :p

• Hug
Reactions: Tomasety and Mor

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
New month, new thread!

Hopefully lashman is well. Thank you for creating the thread Mor

Also, I feel old I remember having watched monster rancher when it aired here (I remember nothing about it, tho).
About the show, besides the localized opening I remember some parts of the plot like they having to defeat the big evil, saving the monsters, etc.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Thanks for the thread Mor.
I'll be putting most of my time into Mass Effect, I'm just as hooked as I was when I played it back in the day.
Also gotta finish Tales of Arise and Fatal Frame.

Completely unrelated but I played Driveclub yesterday and it's crazy how well it holds up.
Also finished 13 Sentinels a couple of days ago and definitely recommend it if it ever hits PC.

• Hug

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Boooooooooo... some of us associate December with the sun and very high temperatures.... :( - and this year is promising to be reaaaaaaaly hot.

But at least I'm not one of those poor souls dressing up as Santa Claus for the family... that is torture. Summer temps but the same Santa costume as the northern hemisphere.

• Sad
  • Eyes

Deleted member 113

Another ex-egs exclusive:

EGS really does wonders for the promotion of a game. I completely forgot about Twin Mirror, and I rather like DONTNOD's games!
At least, that launch price is pretty decent. At less than 14€, and considering I have funds from selling cards to cover it, I'll bite, despite reading the game is a bit of a mess.

Is there any other "big" game that is currently exclusive, and launching soon elsewhere? I only remember HITMAN 3 (but, I may be forgetting about others; these exclusivity deals really work like "black holes", where people just seem to forget about these games exisiting; I know I do :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:).

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Is there any other "big" game that is currently exclusive, and launching soon elsewhere? I only remember HITMAN 3 (but, I may be forgetting about others; these exclusivity deals really work like "black holes", where people just seem to forget about these games exisiting; I know I do :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:).
Big one would be Hitman 3 in Jan, and probably Kingdom Hearts in Mar. The Pathless launched on steam a few days ago but it certainly was an overlooked release as well. Personally I completely forgot its existence lol.

Deleted member 113

Big one would be Hitman 3 in Jan, and probably Kingdom Hearts in Mar. The Pathless launched on steam a few days ago but it certainly was an overlooked release as well. Personally I completely forgot its existence lol.
Thanks. ;)

I saw The Pathless, but wasn't aware it was a previous exclusive. :) I have a couple of recent Annapurna Interactive games that I'm yet to play (plus a few games I purchased on the last two sales), and considering the asking price that game will need to wait until a future sale.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Great OP, Mor !
Feels bad to not see lash make one, but I guess after so many years it's probably understandable if he wants a break. Hope we see him more often on Meta one day.
Kinda miss the days back in Era or GAF when he would post so often that people call him the "lashbot".

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Great OP, Mor !
Feels bad to not see lash make one, but I guess after so many years it's probably understandable if he wants a break. Hope we see him more often on Meta one day.
Kinda miss the days back in Era or GAF when he would post so often that people call him the "lashbot".
Absolutely, I just stepped in as I saw there was no thread at all but the moment lash wants to make them again, I'm totally giving him that honor, in the meantime, I guess I will be the OP ^^

But yeah, sad indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.