Community MetaSteam | December 2022 - The end of the year is coming, you better hurry with those games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Steam is, obviously, my favourite platform, but Valve do need to pull their finger out of their ass on moderation.

I know it's not an easy thing to accomplish but anywhere you find a fash infestation you need a full on fumigation.

Last edited:

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Valve's answers to calls for curation of any kind have always been kind of annoying to me. In the past they've even mentioned if they curated then Stardew Valley wouldn't have happened, but like...no one's talking about that. They just want the shovelware and hate shit gone and 99% of that is incredibly easy to spot. If you're looking at one of those hitler dating sims and struggling to classify it then the problem is you, not curation.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Checked out Mastodon for the first time today (didn't make an account), very, I dunno, confusing design, looks like a website made by tech nerds for tech nerds. Mastodon is not gonna be huge for the average joe.
You can switch Mastodon with Twitter in this text and you have the reaction to the first few years of Twitter.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I could only tolerate an hour of High on Life before I deleted it. The Rick and Morty humor does nothing for me and the gameplay felt like a poor man's Doom Eternal so I'd rather find something else to do.

I've been meaning to play this for well over a year. I downloaded it on my Steam Deck so maybe I'll get around to it...someday.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Checked out Mastodon for the first time today (didn't make an account), very, I dunno, confusing design, looks like a website made by tech nerds for tech nerds. Mastodon is not gonna be huge for the average joe.
I agree, the only way I could see mastodon take off for the average joe is if the first server that appeared in the list was a simple general purpose server, like, the r/all of reddit or something.
Being thrown into a random list of servers where the great majority have to apply for an account is not intuitive at all, my first reaction when I saw the server list was pretty much "I don't have time for this" and closed the page.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

• Blobxorcism
Reactions: Gintaro

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I mean, it sucks, but they are owned by Epic after all.

It's worse when companies who are not owned by Epic do it.

Reactions: Arc

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Here is one question, will Epic continue to give free games in 2023 or they will stop? XD

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
He is also Producer, right?
I think Cavill has learned that he must be part of the decision-making if he wants a faithful adaptation of his beloved franchises.
Yeah, he must be really happy about the producer role. Good for him.
Hmm Days gone 10€... is it worth this much? :D
A lot of the bad impressions come from the game's poor launch, it was very buggy at first. I haven't played it yet but most of the impressions I hear now are pretty positive.
Cheapest price is actually at a site called etail.market. Never heard of it but it's listed under oficial stores at GG Deals.

Last edited:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Hello Persona 4 Golden players!

As you may know, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable will be coming to modern platforms on January 19, 2023. As a part of this release, we will also be updating the existing Steam version of Persona 4 Golden.

A full list of anticipated changes can be found below:

• Updating application from 32-bit to 64-bit. This requires the user to have a 64-bit Windows OS (Windows 8.1 or newer) to run the game.
  • Once the game application is updated, 32-bit versions of Persona 4 Golden will no longer be playable. Save data should not be affected by this change.
  • Additional support for the following text languages: French, Italian, Spanish, German, and Simplified Chinese
  • New Quick Save game feature added – Feature allows you to suspend from any location in the game.
  • Album feature added - allows you to look back on memories with your friends when you sit down in the sofa in your room.
  • Minor bug fixes

These changes will take effect on January 19, 2023. No action will be required from the user’s end.

Thank you for playing Persona 4 Golden!

ATLUS Comms

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com
Hmm Days gone 10€... is it worth this much? :D
I definitely had a $10 level good time with it. It's quite pretty and I loved the atmosphere in the rainy forest bits. The hordes are really stressful, but in a fun way? I didn't mind the length, but it is pretty funny when they introduce the final zone and it's like... what??

Reactions: fokkusu and lashman

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
There being some friction to using it, feels less like a bug and more like a feature.
Mastodon requires some active work to get used to and also to build some connections. Instead of infinite streams of recommendations and likes, and so forth, it just shows you the posts purely chronologically and only from people who you choose to follow. There's the "federated timeline", but that's just an unfiltered view on literally everyone in the server you are in, plus connected ones (i.e. not something you are expected to use often).

Mastodon will never be a replacement for Twitter, because it isn't Twitter. It will never have half a billion users, not unless those users are willing to pay someone to keep the servers running. That seems unlikely for a mass audience that's been trained to assume everything on the internet has to be free (and paid via unfettered access to your data).

But I do agree that the standard web app could still use some work. Auto switching between light and dark mode would be nice.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Picked up Diablo on GOG, first GOG purchase in a very long time, but also first time I own the first Diablo game afaik, felt it was about time. Wish it was on Steam, but based on what I've read, GOG staff had some development hands with it, so if that is true, the exclusivity is udnerstandable.

Reactions: QFNS and lashman

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I apparently missed the new BPM getting into the beta / main client.
Here's the boot animation:

I'm still waiting for them to make it so I can just use the new BPM overlay when I have a controller connected and otherwise keep using the regular UI.

Reactions: lashman

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
There being some friction to using it, feels less like a bug and more like a feature.
Mastodon requires some active work to get used to and also to build some connections. Instead of infinite streams of recommendations and likes, and so forth, it just shows you the posts purely chronologically and only from people who you choose to follow. There's the "federated timeline", but that's just an unfiltered view on literally everyone in the server you are in, plus connected ones (i.e. not something you are expected to use often).

Mastodon will never be a replacement for Twitter, because it isn't Twitter. It will never have half a billion users, not unless those users are willing to pay someone to keep the servers running. That seems unlikely for a mass audience that's been trained to assume everything on the internet has to be free (and paid via unfettered access to your data).

But I do agree that the standard web app could still use some work. Auto switching between light and dark mode would be nice.
I think a reason often overlooked that it will never work large-scale, long-term, is exactly because of the federated servers. Any server is at the whim of whoever is running it, and if they die or get bored or have a breakdown or money runs out, that server is gone. This is the same problem with Discord server, subreddits, etc. except much more likely because there's actual costs associated with it, whereas other servers you don't pay for personally.

While this is true of ANY media site, it's just much more likely to happen with Mastodon servers, and that combined with all the other limitations make it unlikely to ever truly gain traction. Something like Cohost is probably the compromise that would be most likely to catch on while still being a decent compromise - still publicly funded, so no ads/algorithm, but also centrally moderated to minimize risks. Unfortunately something like Hive which is just another venture capital Twitter, but has a very low barrier to entry, is most likely to rise up.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
Would like to know if there is a way to set up the Steam Client so that it automatically starts downloads for game updates immediately.
It's a small nuisance to manually start each one. But I couldn't find an easy way in the settings.

• This!
Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.