Community MetaSteam | December 2023 - Every game you ever wanted on Steam is coming in 2024, promise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
About Nier Automata just be sure, after finishing the game for the first time there still reason to keep playing right?
If you just finished Route A, then yeah, you are still missing the actual ending of the plot, which is locked until after you replay the plot from Route A (albeit with a different perspective). It is a bit bullshit, but being a bit bullshit and annoying is kinda the point of Nier. For what it's worth, the pacing in Route B is quite a bit faster, and it retains any progress you made on side quests, if memory serves.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Different points of view leading to different endings ye. Also just enjoy the story and the world even though it's pretty much 'empty'.
If you just finished Route A, then yeah, you are still missing the actual ending of the plot, which is locked until after you replay the plot from Route A (albeit with a different perspective). It is a bit bullshit, but being a bit bullshit and annoying is kinda the point of Nier. For what it's worth, the pacing in Route B is quite a bit faster, and it retains any progress you made on side quests, if memory serves.
Thank you folks I'll keep playing

• Comfy
Reactions: lashman and Nabs

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
If I remember correctly you only need to finish A, B, and C to see the proper ending
A & B are mandatory.

You must unlock either C or D (or you can do both - once you’ve unlocked one, just jump to the ending and pick the character you didn’t pick last time).

Ending E is then unlocked at the end of the second run of either C or D by saying yes to POD’s request.

So essentially, A is the longest, B is a truncated version of A, and C/D is shorter again, with the alternating versions and final E route being unlocked in minutes.

Meanwhile, on the original NieR…

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Hm, never got around to playing Cosmic Star Heroine. Looks like a good fit for the Deck. Anyone here play it?
It's not Deck verified but the only issue seems to be the need to adjust the resolution manually.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Hm, never got around to playing Cosmic Star Heroine. Looks like a good fit for the Deck. Anyone here play it?
It's not Deck verified but the only issue seems to be the need to adjust the resolution manually.
I started playing it quite a long time ago but didn't get very far. This was obviously before the Deck existed -- this could be one of those games I would have completed if it had.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Amazing game, amazing music.
Played on PC with scanline shader injected, I recommend doing the same on Deck (with Reshadeck Decky plugin)

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Pretty good game, simple but competent, great music, not too long, but pacing is a bit thrown off by the relatively large cast that was promised in the Kickstarter, they don't really get much development (which is a problem for the story since they are very tied to it in the late game), decent gearing system that gives combat skills and turn order manipulation, okay exploration for the length.
Really solid but it could have used a little more meat on its bones.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I started playing it quite a long time ago but didn't get very far. This was obviously before the Deck existed -- this could be one of those games I would have completed if it had.
Amazing game, amazing music.
Played on PC with scanline shader injected, I recommend doing the same on Deck (with Reshadeck Decky plugin)
Thanks guys. Gonna install it now, the game looks like a good time.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Afterimage really is big :hushed-face:

Here's the detailed map of part of the area I'm currently in.

Here's a zoomed out view of the map (I've marked where that zoomed in view fits in with the red rectangle)

This is where I'm supposed to go right now:

(The left side starts where the before image ends, the current goal is all the way to the right where it says "Misty (Woods)". And I very much doubt this will be the final goal!)

Surprisingly enough traversing these sprawling spaces is not at all intimidating though, it's a pretty pleasant experience.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
If I know myself right, I will probably so some more purchases before the sale ends to help Gabe with his 9th yacht.

Thinking currently about Omno, Gravity Circuit and Zero Ranger, but not sure.

It' still incredible how much more I enjoy indies nowadays than AAA games. I own both Starfield and FFXVI, but have only touched them both like 30 min or so each (kinda regret buying them day 1, should have waited for a sale). I still don't have any interest in Spidey 2 to feed my PS5 so I guess my PS5 won't be used until either Rebirth or I find myself in the mood to try out GoW Ragnarok's Valhall DLC.

On the other hand, Gravity Circuit looks like a complete banger to me.

• Toucan
  • Clean Seal
Reactions: Cacher and lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
My best friend is currently playing Nier, and I do like how he does agree with me that A2 is more interesting that 2B (and yeah yeah I know about the stuff that happens later) but I do like how we did come to the same conclusion though.

Since it's my birthday today we ended up watching Evangelion 1.1 (I'm not sure if that makes Hektor happy of mad) and he liked it. I also told him that if Eva tolk place in the US, that Shenji gives off school shooter vibes. (oh Full Metal Jacket...) By the way I do like Eva 2.2 more than 1.1

• Hug
Reactions: lashman and Cacher

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
My best friend is currently playing Nier, and I do like how he does agree with me that A2 is more interesting that 2B (and yeah yeah I know about the stuff that happens later) but I do like how we did come to the same conclusion though.
I'm going to trigger the weeb mob but if you remove the obvious visual flair all the characters in Nier Automata have the charisma and personality of a cardboard box. The game doesn't have the following it has because of it's characters complexity or the way they fit in the whole narrative or meta-commentary about our world. But sex sells and anime titties sell a lot it seems.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
What's your security set up, people ? I'm not downloading weird shit nor launching strange .exe, but maybe just using Windows Defender is a tad limited ?
I don't know, we were discussing things of dubious origin recently and that just led me to think that, whatever my use case may be, and again I'm pretty distrustful, I could do better.

Edit
Lol, the instant I decide to use Malwarebytes again, and suffer all the shit nagging for premium, is the instant windows throws me a notification that some protection is deactivated.

Reactions: C-Dub

Jadax

MetaMember
Oct 25, 2018
Yep, Windows Defender is now decent for most cases. Malwarebytes has been strong for a long time, and still the best. The only thing to note here is that one must know what to download, open etc etc

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Windows defender, uBlock Origin & Ghostery. Just download from trusted sites.
On my recent bad experiences with internet trash bad things arrived more with ransomware and malware cookies just reaching some sites than downloading anything.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I already use Windows Defender and uBlock.
Guess I will make a habit of using Mawarebytes again, can't hurt.

Reactions: PhaZZe
Status
Not open for further replies.