Community MetaSteam | February 2019 - The Frontier of the Hyper-Toxic Pro-Consumer Computer Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
NDS?
Off the top of my head
DBZ Attack of the Saiyans
Henry Hatsworth
Ace Attorney series
Prof. Layton series
Monster Tale
Batman Brave and the Bold
Resident Evil Deadly Aim (RE1 on NDS)
Zero collection
Sonic collection

EDIT: Some more
Aliens Infestation
Bomberman 2 DS (Only in EU and JP)
Contra 4
Castlevania games on NDS
Chrono Trigger DS
Contact
Retro Game Challenge
The Dark Spire
Digimon World Dusk and Dawn
Dragon Quest 4~6
Rocket Slime
Starfy
Elite Beat Angels
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
Tingle's Rosey Rupee Land
Front Mission DS
Ghost Trick
Hotel Dusk
Last Window (sequel to Hotel Dusk)
Infinite Space
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Knights in the Nightmare
Konami Classic Arcade hits
Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ
LEGO Rockband
Lock's Quest (this got released on Steam btw)
Lost in Blue series
Mario & Luigi 2 and 3 (not a lot of people liked 2, so at least go for 3: Bowser's Inside Story)
Megaman Star Force
Megaman ZX Advent
Metroid Prime Hunters
Meteos
Might and Magic clash of heroes
Mr. Driller Drill Spirits
Shiren the Warrior NDS
Ninja Gaiden
Okamiden
Peggle Dual Shot
Phantasy Star Zero
Picross
Picross 3D
Pic Pic
Pokemon Conquest (it's like if you gave Pokemon to KOEI and they made a strategy Pokemon game)
Radiant Historia (localization is a little wonky in the original NDS release)
SMT: Strange Journey
Devil Survivor 1 and 2
SNK vs. Capcom card fighters ds (this game was recalled on release due to a bug that stopped progression so be careful if you're planning on getting a copy)
Sola to Robo (get the XSEED ver. NDS games are region free and the XSEED release has the good localization)
Soul Bubbles
Spiderman Web of Shadows
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions ds
Super Princess Peach
Tetris ds
world ends with you
Trace Memory/Another Code (different name in EU and US)
Trauma Center DS
Viva Pinata DS
WarioWare games
Bangai-O Spirits

Had to look up a list I read online and made a shortlist of games to look into.
I'd also add The Urbz: Sims in the City to the list. I've only played the GBA version on an emulator, but the DS one is supposed to be similar. If you decide to use your GBA, The Sims Bustin' Out is another great choice. Both are RPG-lites, where you control your Sim directly with the d-pad, and complete missions to advance the story. You get to interact with different characters, increasing or decreasing your friendship with them, and there are several minigames too. There's no proper building mode in these games, but you can buy some furniture and decorate your houses. Oh, and there's a scooter you can use to travel around the city!

Nobody ever talks about these games, but I personally love them. They are incredibly fun, albeit rather grindy (which is why I used the emulator speed-up function a lot), and have some hilarious moments. I've been looking for a copy of the DS game myself, to play on my 3DS, with no luck so far.

Reactions: Tizoc and lashman

Deleted member 113

Weird, so AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected launches tomorrow on Steam, but has been available on GOG since last week?
I see 2019's trend among indie games will be delayed launches between PC store fronts. :sneaky:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Weird, so AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected launches tomorrow on Steam, but has been available on GOG since last week?
I see 2019's trend among indie games will be delayed launches between PC store fronts. :sneaky:
That's an unfair jab at GOG, and there were indies that were available on Itch.io before Steam at least.
Acting like this is something new is being silly and just too obsessed with crapping on the Epic Game Store.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Oof, Hidden Dragon: Legends level and encounter design just gets more and more frustrating as it goes on :/
Maybe I should make more use of the Health/Respawn items.

Reactions: lashman

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
"I'm out!"
bonus: Freeza have the resetera color scheme

This game is the gift(?) that keeps on giving

I really feel bad for those that got the game, but at the very least they may get some fun from its borkiness with the Shonen cast.

Aww.. Kingsway is the only game I want, but the second tier is way to expensive for it
I'm getting this bundle next week and I can hit you up with Kingsway key :steam_pigblanket:

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
So apparently the uproject file is easy accessible in Jump Force.

Looking forward to seeing the fans fix this game up for 'free' :V

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Decent-ish bundle, I guess. Nothing I need though. Which really isn't a bad thing, lol.
Yakuza preload is up btw.

I really feel bad for those that got the game, but at the very least they may get some fun from its borkiness with the Shonen cast.
God this looks like Berserk 2018 :/

Reactions: Kvik and lashman

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
We're halfway through the year, and I still haven't broken 10 finished games...
WHAT IS HAPPENING? TIME TO PANIC?
:steam_pig_shocked::fearful-face::face-screaming-in-fear::loudly-crying-face::face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat::steam_pig_deadpan:
Muv-Luv sure does take forever, Totally worth the build-up though.
==================

Unrelated to the above.

AC:Odyssey, I cannot wait for this to be over. It's not bad but I just can't anymore. Live-service, 100 hour long, single-player games are just too much.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise for me that Division 2 won't be on Steam. Don't think I can handle these kinda super long, overly extended, filled with busywork for the sake of time wasting, kinda games.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
AC:Odyssey, I cannot wait for this to be over. It's not bad but I just can't anymore. Live-service, 100 hour long, single-player games are just too much.
you can say that again ... i'm mostly playing AssCreeds for the present-day story anyway (no, really) ... so making the not-the-most-interesting parts 100h+ long sure as hell doesn't help me ... ugh

Reactions: 「Echo」

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
NDS?
Off the top of my head
What 3DS (or even NDS) visual novels can you recommend? Preferably the ones which are not available on PC and completely playable in Citra/Desmume.

I'm planning to get the Ace Attourney PC ports so I can cross those out of my list.

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
By the way, CS:GO major starts tomorrow and you can get drops by watching the stream throught steam.tv or a linked twitch account (and also ingame)

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
What 3DS (or even NDS) visual novels can you recommend? Preferably the ones which are not available on PC and completely playable in Citra/Desmume.

I'm planning to get the Ace Attourney PC ports so I can cross those out of my list.
Outside of ace attorney and layton i cant think of any atm :x will resewrch and let ya know

Reactions: lashman and Kvik

Hero Prinny

Dec 14, 2018
wow I had very low expectations of Jump Force but god damn. It looks worse than I imagined. I was just expecting another J Stars Victory Vs game except with an awful art direction

Teggy

Patiently waiting for Wet 2
Dec 2, 2018
The House in Fata Morgana

That is all.
I wish they would just release a book version of Fata Morgana.

Also, I always liked to think those people were reacting to the woman getting the watermelon catapulted into her face.

Meanwhile, Metro and Division 2 are definitely the first couple of games making me itchy to break my New Years resolution, but I’ll stay strong. Crackdown 3 and Anthem are right about to release anyway.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Thanks heaps! :wd_kisses:
one that came to mind is Chase: cold case investigations. A simple vn with art by former Cing employees.

Oh wait there was also corpse party, and the hakuoki games. Virtue's last reward and zero escape 3 are on there if ur interested.
Thats about it i guess.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
one that came to mind is Chase: cold case investigations. A simple vn with art by former Cing employees.

Oh wait there was also corpse party, and the hakuoki games. Virtue's last reward and zero escape 3 are on there if ur interested.
Thats about it i guess.
Chase: Cold Case Investigations looks alright. I like detective stories so I'll look into it, Is the localisation good? Also, I've heard of Cing before but never played any of their games.

Hakuoki -- There's a lot of these ... and a lot of anime too. I'll bookmark it for now because it looks quite daunting. :wd_hot:

Corpse Party -- I already have on Steam. I think I own VLR on there as well. But Zero Time Dilemma is not.

Thanks for the recommendations! :wd_salute:

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018

Ghost Trick.
Miles Edgeworth games (there's a fan patch for #2)
You know Capcom will never bring any of those to PCs :loudly-crying-face:
Also Another Code, Hotel Dusk and Last Window for more Cing.
For 3DS, there's Harvest December, Jake Hunter - Ghost of the Dusk and 3 Parascientific Escape games, other than the obvious mentions (Ace Attorney/Layton)
Muv-Luv sure does take forever, Totally worth the build-up though..
Yeah, I'm even enjoying the Extra - mostly due to comedy, which, rather surprisingly given the game's reputation, works

It's just that I've fallen into a rhythm game hole, and most of my gaming time is spent either on DJ Max, Stepmania or Pop'n Music.

Last edited:

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Ghost Trick.
Miles Edgeworth games (there's a fan patch for #2)
You know Capcom will never bring any of those to PCs :loudly-crying-face:
For 3DS, there's Harvest December, Jake Hunter - Ghost of the Dusk
Neat! More recommendations.

I've heard good things about the Investigations spinoffs. They even made some English voiceovers too?

I haven't heard about Harvest December or Jake Hunter before. Jake Hunter looks very relevant to my interests, though!

Thanks heaps, Knurek!:wd_heart:

I'll probably play Muv-Luv next after I've finished with Chaos;Child. I was probably an hour into Extra already but I forgot all about it because reasons.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Well, Miles 1 is legit the worst Ace Attorney game (well, tied with AA5), but it sets things up for Miles 2 which is legit the best Ace Attorney game (even better than AA3 was).

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018

If you want to get the complete original 999 experience, you should pick up the DS version. It used the system itself to tell the story, so the newer ports had to make some changes.

I wish they would just release a book version of Fata Morgana.
There's a Fata Morgana comic. I bought it 2 weeks ago, but it turns out the Kindle isn't well suited for reading comics, so I may have to read it on my PC instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.