Community MetaSteam | February 2019 - The Frontier of the Hyper-Toxic Pro-Consumer Computer Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tart Toter 9k

Jan 7, 2019
There's a Fata Morgana comic. I bought it 2 weeks ago, but it turns out the Kindle isn't well suited for reading comics, so I may have to read it on my PC instead.
Oh neat! I do most all of my manga reading on the kindle now so this is perfect. Hopefully they are able to fix the issues people in the review section are having with the file itself?

Reactions: lashman

Teggy

Patiently waiting for Wet 2
Dec 2, 2018
There's a Fata Morgana comic. I bought it 2 weeks ago, but it turns out the Kindle isn't well suited for reading comics, so I may have to read it on my PC instead.
I had no idea, thanks. And it is on ComiXology! I guess the question is if this covers at least one full path of the game or if it leaves off at a cliffhanger.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Oh neat! I do most all of my manga reading on the kindle now so this is perfect. Hopefully they are able to fix the issues people in the review section are having with the file itself?
I didn't experience any of those problems when I opened it, so it looks like they fixed it. If you want, I can take a pic of it tonight when I get home.

I had no idea, thanks. And it is on ComiXology! I guess the question is if this covers at least one full path of the game or if it leaves off at a cliffhanger.
I just checked my copy on Comixology, and it ends halfway through Door 2. Right when the White-Haired Girl goes to sleep for the first time, and Bestia plans to murder her.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Yeah, Kindle is legit amazeballs for (illegal) manga
Really? I found it very uncomfortable. Pages take a while to load (not too much though), and panels are incredibly tiny, forcing me to use the zoom function all the time. But by doing that, I lose the ability to see the entire page, and scrolling around is a pain in the ass.

Teggy

Patiently waiting for Wet 2
Dec 2, 2018
I didn't experience any of those problems when I opened it, so it looks like they fixed it. If you want, I can take a pic of it tonight when I get home.

I just checked my copy on Comixology, and it ends halfway through Door 2. Right when the White-Haired Girl goes to sleep for the first time, and Bestia plans to murder her.
How many doors are there? So I should wait until more volumes come out?

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Really? I found it very uncomfortable. Pages take a while to load (not too much though), and panels are incredibly tiny, forcing me to use the zoom function all the time. But by doing that, I lose the ability to see the entire page, and scrolling around is a pain in the ass.
Might be so for, you know, Amazon store releases.
If you prepare your own books (obviously your homemade scans of the actual paper manga you own, obviously) with Kindle Comic Converter, it's :partyblob:AMAZING:partyblob:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
... and another one:

they had a good run ... shame :(
Have you played their games? Even looking at that trailer...it's like they took the Epic exclusive just for the money, irregardless of sales on PC.
I'm grab it down the line but much like their other releases, I'd get them on sale.

Why...would you want to limit the audience of this game.

Hope they got paid well at least, because that seems dumb.
Are you implying that interest in the game isn't limited on PC? :V

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Have you played their games? Even looking at that trailer...it's like they took the Epic exclusive just for the money, irregardless of sales on PC.
I'm grab it down the line but much like their other releases, I'd get them on sale.
i've played all 3 of their games (that are out on steam) ... in fact - i bought all 3 at release

---

and in other news:
Reviews - Metro Exodus Reviews

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
How many doors are there? So I should wait until more volumes come out?
In the game? 8 doors, plus a couple of interludes (appearing after most doors) and the true ending section. I have no idea whether more volumes are coming or not; supposedly the second one was going to be released in February 2018, but I can't find any news about it other than that date.

Might be so for, you know, Amazon store releases.
If you prepare your own books (obviously your homemade scans of the actual paper manga you own, obviously) with Kindle Comic Converter, it's :partyblob:AMAZING:partyblob:
That's good to know, thanks! Sadly I don't own any comics apart from Bryan Lee O'Malley's works (Lost at Sea, Scott Pilgrim and Seconds), Tintin (don't have the entire collection yet) and a few Asterix books, but it's still useful in case I acquire more in the future :p

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
i've played all 3 of their games (that are out on steam) ... in fact - i bought all 3 at release

---

and in other news:
Reviews - Metro Exodus Reviews
Fair enough, but all things considered, they likely did it more for the moola than the sales on PC. I do wonder when Epic are gonna change things up for getting titles, specifically indie titles, on their store.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Fair enough, but all things considered, they likely did it more for the moola than the sales on PC. I do wonder when Epic are gonna change things up for getting titles, specifically indie titles, on their store.
yeah, i'm sure they did ... still - sucks :(

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
... and another one:

I don't care about this game (it looks awful imo) but the amount of people calling this bribe "fair" because it's a small developer worries me. When pc gamers actually start to sympathize with these moneyhatting deals, Epic can successfully continue with crippling other storefronts on pc.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I don't care about this game (it looks awful imo) but the amount of people calling this bribe "fair" because it's a small developer worries me. When pc gamers actually start to sympathize with these moneyhatting deals, Epic can successfully continue with crippling other storefronts on pc.
just do what I do and automatically assume all video game fans/communities are crazy.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I don't blame devs or anything for accepting that money, but I'm skipping all of these moneyhatted games. Even if it's the right thing to do for them, it isn't something I want to support with my money.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I don't blame devs or anything for accepting that money, but I'm skipping all of these moneyhatted games. Even if it's the right thing to do for them, it isn't something I want to support with my money.
yeah ... same for me, more or less

Reactions: Ge0force

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
That's exactly how I think about this as well. Glad to see I'm not the only one 😊

Lain

serial experiments
Sep 20, 2018
And another dev did usual mass key revoke of a bundle key 10 months after without any good reason.

Key got revoked from my account :: Ghoulboy General Discussions

Ghoulboy got revoked from a lot of people's accounts, mine included.

I got the game from buying the Fanatical Hidden Gems 7 Bundle.

I'm going to join Arthea in the idea that Valve needs to strip the ability of developers/publishers to mass revoke keys without first going through them, because it's an ability that obviously they can't use wisely.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I really wish Steam/Valve would allow users to sync their GOG account to Steam. This way Steam can recognize games that are on both stores and allow easier inclusion of those GOG bought games onto Steam so that the entire client functions are applicable to it, like Controller support etc.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
so, ummm ...

"A member from Bless Online development team[9] on Chinese video site Bilibili revealed Bright Memory had used pirated game asset upon release. The asset in question is ripped from released game Bless Online and Aliens: Colonial Marines, including weapons and most enemies in game[10][11].

Further discussions[12][13] revealed Zeng “FYQD” Xiancheng made false claims that Bright Memory was made all by himself. Other contributors including the composer were not listed in the credits. "
"That developer has now admitted that he built the game with art obtained from pirated software sites… Zeng apologized in his Weibo post, and said the money from those sales will allow him to replace the pirated art with original models."

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
... and another one:

I hadn't heard about this but I'm massively sad. I loved the non-Paradise Burnout games (Paradise didn't click with me, even though I like Forza Horizon 4). This and Hades are the most disappointing personally so far.
so, ummm ...
That's nuts. It has good reviews and has been on my wishlist for a bit, it looked fun.

Reactions: Lain and lashman

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
I'm going to join Arthea in the idea that Valve needs to strip the ability of developers/publishers to mass revoke keys without first going through them, because it's an ability that obviously they can't use wisely.
They don't allow publishers to remove non free subscriptions obtained on steam right? Enforcing the same for keys would help.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
They don't allow publishers to remove non free subscriptions obtained on steam right? Enforcing the same for keys would help.
Scammers would love that so much, It wouldn't work.
In case of Steam, Steam handles all the scammers, so publishers don't need that.

Status
Not open for further replies.