Community MetaSteam | February 2019 - The Frontier of the Hyper-Toxic Pro-Consumer Computer Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Darksiders 3 is kicking my butt. I do not remember the other 2 being so freaking deadly. Glad I didn't start on a higher difficulty :p

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Darksiders 3 is kicking my butt. I do not remember the other 2 being so freaking deadly. Glad I didn't start on a higher difficulty :p
yeah, this one is more souls-like ... but you can change the fight style to "classic" - should help a bit with that

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

Lain

serial experiments
Sep 20, 2018
at least they're trying to make it right
Yep. I got my key back not even 10 minutes after emailing them.
They handled this better than many others, also in spite to some of the public comments thrown their way.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Finished AC7, and man that game was rough (in terms of difficulty)!

Easy mode with the baby controls and that game still frequently kicked my ass, my overriding feeling from playing that game now is just sheer stress.
And yes it is my first AC game :p

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
WOOOOHOOOOO

Arguably my favorite Roguelike game (And one of my favorite devs Blue Bottle Games) announced their new game!

From the maker of Neoscavenger comes... Ostranauts ! The thing that's super cool is it's also set in the same universe as Neo Scavenger!

Ostranauts is a detailed simulation of owning and living aboard a spaceship, in a solar system where honest living is a slow death sentence. Set in the NEO Scavenger universe, where Earth has suffered cataclysmic collapse, the rest of the System lives on in a state of capitalistic dystopia.

Players will create their captain, build or customize their starting ship from the spoils of their career history, and find ways to keep their motley crew in line, fuel in their tanks, food on their plates, and the debt collectors at bay.

If you're interested in their other game here's a link for that as well, also here's a link to their website that details them creating assets and the general progression of the entire game making process of the game. Overall it's very interesting and cool to kind of get that inside perspective.

Blue Bottle Games | Blue Bottle Games

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The art for these emoji look like it is at a higher resolution than it used to be:

They still look bad and small in the chat window:

ahhhh, right ... got it

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Yeah I really hope DQ11 get's patched too. Would eliminate the need for a mod anyway, plus I'm always down for more story.

I wouldn't even be mad if they charged money for it as DLC, World of FF Maxima style...

===========================================
Finished AC7, and man that game was rough (in terms of difficulty)!

Easy mode with the baby controls and that game still frequently kicked my ass, my overriding feeling from playing that game now is just sheer stress.
And yes it is my first AC game :p
Basic controls are a huge detriment. Can't believe you played the whole game like that... oof. :sick:

I mean, imo, basic controls would make the game even harder yeah. Especially towards the end where finesse is required.

Expert controls didn't really take too long to get used to imo. Replayed the first mission like 3 times until I felt confident and off I went!

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
Basic controls are a huge detriment. Can't believe you played the whole game like that... oof. :sick:

I mean, imo, basic controls would make the game even harder yeah. Especially towards the end where finesse is required.

Expert controls didn't really take too long to get used to imo. Replayed the first mission like 3 times until I felt confident and off I went!
I've warned against them repeatedly, but I seriously have no idea why those controls are even suggested in the game, especially considering the way the missions actually play. They actively make the game worse in almost every way.

The game's glaring flaw for newcomers would probably have to be that it does eff-all in terms of teaching you how to fly a plane properly. Yes, it's arcadey so it doesn't exactly require a piloting license, but your plane is a lot more flexible than the game ever actually tells you it is. Most people wouldn't watch it, but they should still create/include in the game some kind of advance flight-training. There are 20 minutes vids on YouTube that teach you how to fly more efficiently and capably than the game ever does lol.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I have 0 faith that the DQ XI stuff will ever come to PC or PS4. The extra story stuff (and honestly that rad AF 16bit mode) would be good for DLC but I doubt the music and voice ever show up at all. I bet they don't even do the DLC. Would be happy to be wrong, but I'm not hopeful.

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Still waiting on that Nier Automata patch that was promised, Squeenix.

Whatever happened to that PC port of onrush?

Why does my spellcheck consider EGS to be a vulgarity?

Lain

serial experiments
Sep 20, 2018
Another update in regard to Ghoulboy.

The dev deleted all the threads and posts about the key revocation, even their own post about emailing them to get a new key and the posts/thread thanking them for quickly returning a working key, They only left up their sticky thread.

This is a pretty bad move in my opinion, especially when people were starting to calm down, thank the dev for the quick resolution and even defend them from those still upset and claiming they had been damaged from this whole thing.
I was there defending them for how quickly they responded and handled their own screw-up and now I feel like a cretin.

At this point I'm not sure anymore what to think of them. I got my game back but that's definitely not how to go about it.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Yeah I really hope DQ11 get's patched too. Would eliminate the need for a mod anyway, plus I'm always down for more story.

I wouldn't even be mad if they charged money for it as DLC, World of FF Maxima style...

===========================================

Honestly, I was finding it even harder with the expert controls :/
Got to about mission 6 before I just hit a hard wall on the controls

Dec 5, 2018
Well, yesterday I finished Tyranny I liked the game but if felt kind of short (for a CRPG). Now I need something to bridge me until Kiwami is out.
===
About that DQXI extra stuff, I'm kind of torn.
I wouldn't mind the extra story and the 2D mode in the PC version (even if it was as a paid DLC), but then again unless i could see that content from my last save I don't feel like playing 150h again.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Searched for the DQXI update myself

So the biggest changes are following
Japanese and English voiceover
2D version of the game
Option to choose between the traditional synthesizer based musical score and an orchestral version
New story elements

Seems like to be a big update. I hope that these also come to the PC version

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I don't really care about the DQXI changes tbh. No matter what they add I'm not going to spend another 80 hours with the game, so it's like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to me.

Reactions: Kvik and lashman

Kuro

"Oh yeah? Aren't you gonna punish me?"
Dec 22, 2018
Biggest feature I want from DQXI Switch is the dual audio for PC version, seems like it should be easy to mod too but I don't know about these things.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Still waiting on that Nier Automata patch that was promised, Squeenix.
roflmao ... good one :p

Whatever happened to that PC port of onrush?
might be exclusive to that weird Chinese "console" thingy .... we'll find out soon - it's supposed to come out "Q1 2019" (the console) so that's probably when the game will be out as well

Why does my spellcheck consider EGS to be a vulgarity?
as it should be ;)

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Give me now
Wow, they are really generous for all the backers. All who backed Hollow Knight will receive Silksong for free!

To our 2158 Backers, you’ve heard it before, but Hollow Knight, and now Hornet’s entire adventure is thanks to you!

Thanks to the incredible support of players and Kickstarter backers, what started out as a tiny game jam idea has become a game bought and played by over 2.8 million people!

As a backer, your support made this happen, so you’ll of course be receiving your copy of Hollow Knight: Silksong 100% free.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Oh it's a whole new game! Thought it was bonus thing as they had done before. Awesome!

Hollow Knight was my GOTY but here's a secret, I never finished it.XD My move to Paris happened just as I was near the end of the game.

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
Dang, they straight up turned Hornet's dlc into a whole new game. That's awesome. Them giving it away for free to their kickstarter backers is also really cool of them.

Reactions: Wok and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.