Community MetaSteam | February 2019 - The Frontier of the Hyper-Toxic Pro-Consumer Computer Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
I didn't realize Vainglory had made its way to PC:

It sounds like it doesn't have many "PC" features, but I can't imagine playing against a desktop user as a mobile player is going to be remotely fun.

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY

It sounds like it doesn't have many "PC" features, but I can't imagine playing against a desktop user as a mobile player is going to be remotely fun.
I went on their site and it says they're running a free open alpha for PC (both from the website and on Steam).

Also, has cross-play with iOS/Android. Not sure about cross progression though.

Deleted member 113

So, Far Cry: New Dawn.
Anyone enjoying it?

I played a couple of hours, and all I kept thinking was about playing Hitman 2 instead. :p
I really enjoyed Far Cry 5, the awesome soundtrack, the rural look, the appalling villains and likeable townsfolk and animal companions, and some fun shooting gameplay.

That's why, despite not being particularly sold on the game, I actually ended up buying New Dawn to see the continuation and closure of Far Cry 5's story and characters.
Well, so far the only thing that genuinely impressed me was how great the game looks. With the HD texture pack, it has some really impressive visuals.
But, outside of that, it appears they took out some of the exploration elements of Far Cry 5, took away most of the fun in the gameplay, and added a lot of grinding and resource gathering.
I may change my opinion once the story picks up, but so far, I'm really not feeling the game at all.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
How nice of Hamble to give me an extra 5% off on a few titles :V

So there's a recent update to the client that'll include an extra API. Hoping it's that other store integration, so that it recognizes what GOG games I own and lets me use steam client stuff with it (controller support, actiity feed etc)

Reactions: lashman

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Had a hectic last week. Managed some Sonic All Stars Racing and Dragon Quest V on phone.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

I saw it a few days ago. I'm just glad that it was released on PC, so I can uninstall it on my phone and tablet. It takes up a lot of space.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Razer Game Store

Dear Gamer,
We regret to announce that Razer Game Store (gamestore.razer.com) will cease operations on February 28, 2019 at 0100hrs Pacific Time as part of the company’s realignment plans.
It has been a privilege for us to recommend and deliver great digital game deals to you. We have been extremely fortunate to have you as part of our awesome community. Thank you for the support and making all this possible.
We will be investing in other ways to deliver great content and introduce game promotions through Razer Gold, our virtual credits system (The New Razer Gold & Silver). Do visit us there and stay tuned for more news.
For additional information on how this change affects you, please check out our FAQ here:gamestore.razer.com/lp/closure.

Yours truly,

The Razer Game Store Team

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Last edited:

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Yesterday was my 6 year Steam anniversary and I didn't even notice. How shameful. orz

In 6 years I accrued: 645 Games, and 873 DLC. 165 badge levels.

Seems pretty decent considering I don't do bundles or 3rd-party websites. Though 6 years is probably small potatoes to most people here. :whistle: ( don't bulli )

In 6 years I went through 3 desktops, from humble beginnings to an absolute power hungry beast.

Started: Athlon II x4 640 and a Radeon HD 4850 + 4 GB RAM
My first total build: i5-4690 and a GTX 970 + 8 GB RAM
Currently: i7-8700k and a GTX 1080ti + 32GB RAM

There were some rough patches in the middle where I spent more time on PS4 Pro, but honestly I think that was mostly my 970 letting me down in the 4K department. Ever since I built my new PC I haven't even turned on my Pro lol. Whoops.

===========================
Post automatically merged:

and in other news:

News - Metro Exodus PC/RTX Analysis: The Next Level In Real-Time Visuals

:)
Maybe by the time this game comes back 'round to Steam I'll actually have an RTX card! :p

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Finally got the chance to play some EDF in co-op (and it was local split-screen to boot) and my god was that awesome.
We started at mission 16 and ended at 33, lol.

Co-op meant that I also could give the Air Raider a fair shake, and try out the different vehicles. It really showed that this is not a class you want to play solo, but boy is it fun.
Using the Depth Crawler in tunnel missions is sublime. The Flamethrower mech (that's from one of the DLCs) is great against regular insect hordes as well - though slow as hell.

SpectrumWarrior

Mods'R'us
Nov 1, 2018
BernardoOne : I don't post in the PC era thread anymore, so I'll tell you here: you should remove the phishing site link you quoted in your last message...

There have been many accounts hacked lately. (1 account is hacked then they use the friend list to send messages to everybody like "click here for free game" and unaware people click on a phishing site link).

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Finally got the chance to play some EDF in co-op (and it was local split-screen to boot) and my god was that awesome.
We started at mission 16 and ended at 33, lol.

Co-op meant that I also could give the Air Raider a fair shake, and try out the different vehicles. It really showed that this is not a class you want to play solo, but boy is it fun.
Using the Depth Crawler in tunnel missions is sublime. The Flamethrower mech (that's from one of the DLCs) is great against regular insect hordes as well - though slow as hell.
I couldn't get local coop to work. KBM and Xbox controller tried. Then tried a Xbox and a ds4 controller.

How?

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I couldn't get local coop to work. KBM and Xbox controller tried. Then tried a Xbox and a ds4 controller.

How?
We've used KBM and a Steam Controller.
On the title screen, press something on the Keyboard so that it gets recognized as Player 1. Then, when going to the missions and selectin split screen co-op, press Start on the controller to get it recognized as Player 2.
That order is apparently important, because we didn't actually manage to do it the other way around, because we didn't find the Start button equivalent on the Keyboard and couldn't get it recognized as a Player 2.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018

Ubisoft moving Siege lore along. Holy heck! Six got replaced!... o_O

(Video is also full of Ubi Easter eggs.)
Seems like the change probably has something to do with Angela Bassett getting busy/expensive after Mission Impossible and Black Panther.

Other than that, stuff like this makes me wish we could get more story content. Even just in some PVE events. They’ve got such a great, diverse cast, it’s a real waste to let them languish with no extra story.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Addressing the Epic games question

Firstly I'm not here, on this occasion, to enter into a debate about this subject. But I will make one statement about it to explain our position. We are in the midst of finalling the game, heads down, and that needs to be our focus. Please respect that.

What I will say is this - we have been partners with Epic Games for several years now. They have supported us when few others did. So when we found out in December they were doing a Store we wanted to support them. I believe in them as a company and their vision to create a great store - but remembering that Rome was not built in a day.

We have published all our games to date on Steam but quite frankly it is not a platform that has returned us ANY profit in that time. If Steam was a profitable platform for us with a large enough fan base we would be there but its an extremely crowded market where its near impossible to get any visibility. and Steam offers no marketing support to people like us.

We appreciate the support we have had from the small numbers of people who have bought our games on Steam and we are sorry to disappoint them that Dangerous Driving will not be on Steam - but there are simply not enough of you to make it a viable market for us at the moment. If as many people bought our games on Steam as have taken to the Internet to complain that Dangerous Driving isn't coming to Steam maybe we would be in a very different place right now!!

You can say - oh well its not just about the money. I know that - Alex and I have barely taken any salary for 5 years.

We are a small team dedicated to making as good a game as we can. I won't apologise if we occasionally get defensive or struggle to take the feedback. Its always hard to hear your game looks like a mobile game etc etc. But we do take on board a lot of what we hear and read but ultimately we have to make our game our way. Thank you for everyone who has supported us - particularly our families who have all had to tighten their belts the last few years. The support really means a lot.

We feel really good about the game we have made, we are enjoying the process of finishing it. We're sorry we've disappointed some of you by going on the Epic Store but that decision will not be changing.

Thanks for listening.

Lain

serial experiments
Sep 20, 2018
A lot of words to say very little while at the same time spit on the Steam userbase who didn't buy their games, and Steam itself for not marketing them (why everyone thinks Steam should market their game, when did Steam become a publisher of everyone's games).

If it works out for them, good. I wasn't interested in their games before so it means very little to me that their next game, and maybe future games, won't come out on Steam. I truly wish them good luck with their business decision. I just hope, in case it ends up not working out for them, they have the dignity to not walk back to the store where the fanbase doesn't make it worth their while to publish games because it's too crowded and it doesn't run marketing promotion for their games.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
At what point does "Steam is overcrowded" simply become "We didn't do enough to make our game stand out?"

I don't wanna be a jerk here, but plenty of indie games do stand out and go on to sell millions on Steam just fine. (Undertale? Stardew Valley? Hollow Knight?)

Maybe your game just wasn't good enough to stand out from the crowd? :unsure: It just seems weird to me that devs put things on the Store and go "huh, why isn't anyone showing up?" People need to WANT YOUR THING, that's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.