Community MetaSteam | February 2019 - The Frontier of the Hyper-Toxic Pro-Consumer Computer Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
A lot of words to say very little while at the same time spit on the Steam userbase who didn't buy their games, and Steam itself for not marketing them (why everyone thinks Steam should market their game, when did Steam become a publisher of everyone's games).

If it works out for them, good. I wasn't interested in their games before so it means very little to me that their next game, and maybe future games, won't come out on Steam. I truly wish them good luck with their business decision. I just hope, in case it ends up not working out for them, they have the dignity to not walk back to the store where the fanbase doesn't make it worth their while to publish games because it's too crowded and it doesn't run marketing promotion for their games.
i mean - i kiiiiiinda can understand them ... Danger Zone 2 (their latest game) barely sold anything on steam (they have 36 reviews right now ... so it probably means it sold below 1k copies ... well below)

and epic almost definitely promised them marketing (if not straight-up money ... although with the performance of their previous games - i'm not sure they would do that ... they weren't exactly smash hits) in exchange for exclusivity

BUT, with all that being said - that announcement isn't maybe something they should've posted in that form ... even ignoring all the complaining about steam ... it still reads like "if you steam people bought our games we wouldn't be doing this right now ... and thanks for your support but, byyyyyye"

and then there's of course the fact that they haven't even bothered posting that announcement in any of their 4 steam forums (they have 4 games on steam), so people had to go digging to even find out about it, because they stopped posting in their steam forums a good while ago (and they WERE quite active on there beforehand!) ... so ... also not very nice of them

It just seems weird to me that devs put things on the Store and go "huh, why isn't anyone showing up?" People need to WANT YOUR THING, that's why.
yeah ... i mean, honestly, their games aren't bad ... but they're EXTREMELY barebones ... they're barely above tech demos to be perfectly honest ... which is fine, it's a small team, i can definitely understand that ... but unfortunately seems like a lot of people gradually gave up on them (not me, though - i bought all 3 of their games on release [didn't buy the VR one because i don't have a headset])

Dangerous Golf was kinda cool but also very underwhelming (and also their only game with any sort of budget and marketing - since it was published by Team17)

Danger Zone was pretty much a tech demo (one environment ... and a VERY bland one at that)

Danger Zone 2 was better than the first one but still just above a tech demo and VERY light on content (also VERY janky ... with pretty much the signature "UE4 look" ... and not in a good way) ... even the reviews (actual reviews, not user reviews) weren't exactly glowing

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
How about putting it on anything other than EGS? I would buy it on GOG.
well, i mean ... like i said - epic probably promised them AT LEAST marketing in exchange for exclusivity ... maybe even some cash upfront ... so they can't

i understand why they did it (i can only imagine both Danger Zones not selling all that well haven't exactly put them in a great financial situation)

i don't like it ... but i can understand it

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
When they are getting swamped by better games on Steam (as evidenced by their low sales), why not go to another store front that is probably promising them better treatment? I can't be mad at them. I'm not gonna buy the game, but I wasn't going to buy it on Steam either.

Sucks that they have to do that and can't just put it up everywhere, but that's probably on the EGS TOS or whatever. No competition or no money. That's on Epic being shitty, not the developer.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Sucks that they have to do that and can't just put it up everywhere, but that's probably on the EGS TOS or whatever. No competition or no money. That's on Epic being shitty, not the developer.
EXACTLY!!! pretty much exactly this

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
The "better treatment" is just a band aid that won't last. Epic won't pay for every game of theirs or anyone's, especially if the first doesn't sell. At some point Epic will want to see returns on their investment to the store, they won't be paying for everything forever. They've gone on record saying there's a certain amount of allocated funds for that purpose (which they dipped into when they made the deal with SpatialOS for example, that's how they said they managed to get that 25 million dollar fund so fast when the story with the Unity debacle broke). So maybe for this one game it works out for these guys. But I could also see it be a bad move for some other games and developers. Like, where's a Hades 2 left to go if nobody played Hades 1 because it was on a store barely anyone used at the time, being one of the first games on there? Will Epic have to pay for Hades 2 too rather than buyers showing demand is there? Can they still be considered indie at that point, if they then essentially just work for Epic and get paid by Epic and not gamers? Will Epic want to foot the bill for every game of theirs? Now if they thought Hades wouldn't set the charts on fire on Steam either because it's just not very appealing I guess it works for them too but you'd think most indie devs would hope they can make games that appeal to enough of an audience to support their business rather than rely solely on being supported by a publisher, which Epic takes the role of. And they still have to compete with games on Steam (and elsewhere), going on another store doesn't make the competition disappear. Eventually it won't even make the (big) news that game x is on Epic Store to leech off that kind of early media attention either...

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The "better treatment" is just a band aid that won't last. Epic won't pay for every game of theirs or anyone's, especially if the first doesn't sell. At some point Epic will want to see returns, they won't be paying for everything forever. They've gone on record saying there's a certain amount of allocated funds for that purpose (which they dipped into when they made the deal with SpatialOS). So maybe for this one game it works out for these guys. But I could also see it be a bad move for some games. Like where's a Hades 2 left to go if nobody played Hades 1 because it was on a store barely anyone used at the time? Will Epic have to pay for Hades 2 too rather than buyers showing demand is there? Can they still be considered indie at that point, if they then essentially just work for Epic and get paid by Epic and not gamers? Will Epic want to foot the bill for every game of theirs? Now if they thought Hades wouldn't set the charts on fire on Steam either because it's just not very appealing I guess it works for them too but you'd think most indie devs would hope they make games that appeal to enough of an audience to support their business rather than rely solely on being supported by a publisher, which Epic takes the role of, alone. And they still have to compete with games on Steam (and elsewhere), going on another store doesn't make the competition disappear, especially when the other store is more widely used. Eventually it won't even make the news that game x is on Epic Store to leech off that kind of early media attention either.

yeah, you're right ... my guess is - everyone (devs, i mean) wants to be first on there ... for that "ye olde steam" effect when just being on there meant a HUGE success

but yes, they also seem to be forgetting about the fact that steam is still around ... and quite a lot of people are on steam

guess we'll see how it all turns out in a year or so

Reactions: Alexandros

Lain

serial experiments
Sep 20, 2018
i mean - i kiiiiiinda can understand them ... Danger Zone 2 (their latest game) barely sold anything on steam (they have 36 reviews right now ... so it probably means it sold below 1k copies ... well below)

and epic almost definitely promised them marketing (if not straight-up money ... although with the performance of their previous games - i'm not sure they would do that ... they weren't exactly smash hits) in exchange for exclusivity

BUT, with all that being said - that announcement isn't maybe something they should've posted in that form ... even ignoring all the complaining about steam ... it still reads like "if you steam people bought our games we wouldn't be doing this right now ... and thanks for your support but, byyyyyye"

and then there's of course the fact that they haven't even bothered posting that announcement in any of their 4 steam forums (they have 4 games on steam), so people had to go digging to even find out about it, because they stopped posting in their steam forums a good while ago (and they WERE quite active on there beforehand!) ... so ... also not very nice of them
I can understand why they'd do it. I don't like these store exclusive games (never liked them), so I'm not happy in general, but I can understand why a small indie dev might do it to secure some chance of success (the big indie devs and the big pubs like Ubi tho? they can go pound sand), be it advance payments, marketing or whatever else.

What I don't like is the double speak. It sucks that they didn't find success with their games on Steam. The fault isn't with the userbase who wasn't interested in their games tho, nor is it Steam's fault for not marketing their games, since Valve isn't the publisher who signed them up to release their games for them. I'm not even gonna put the fault on them. Sometimes great games simply don't manage to find their market.
Yet, I don't see this kind of talk about Humble, Indiegala, Gamersgate. What kind of marketing did they run for their games? Are they gonna skip selling their games through those stores because few people bought them and the stores didn't do marketing for them?

This kind of... idiocy? is infuriating in a way. I'm not gonna chastise developers for trying to chase an opportunity. They need to earn a living like anyone else. I'm gonna chastise them for coating their reasons in a bunch of well sounding bullshit.

Rome wasn't built in a day is such a stupid thing to attach to that message. The EGS has been around as long as Fortine has been around. It has been around before Fortnite was around. Supposedly this game store has been in the works for years. Saying *Rome wasn't built in a day* when taking this in mind, and taking in mind the multi-billion dollar company behind it, makes it look farcical and laughable.
Rome wasn't built in a day, it took centuries for it to be as big and as great as it became. Does the general customer have to give a few centuries to EGS too before they can dismiss it as a turd of a store and a client?

In the end, it's their business. If they have gotten a good deal to only release on the EGS, good for them. Hopefully it works out and they find success.
I'm just tired of the bullshit to try and paint these decisions in a good light.
I'm also surprised because for some reason I own Dangerous Golf. It must have been a bundle.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I can understand why they'd do it. I don't like these store exclusive games (never liked them), so I'm not happy in general, but I can understand why a small indie dev might do it to secure some chance of success (the big indie devs and the big pubs like Ubi tho? they can go pound sand), be it advance payments, marketing or whatever else.
yeah, exactly​

What I don't like is the double speak. It sucks that they didn't find success with their games on Steam. The fault isn't with the userbase who wasn't interested in their games tho, nor is it Steam's fault for not marketing their games, since Valve isn't the publisher who signed them up to release their games for them. I'm not even gonna put the fault on them. Sometimes great games simply don't manage to find their market.
also agreed ... LOTS of devs seem to think volvo owes them marketing for the privilege of them selling their games on steam ... which, ok ... let's say they actually did (which they obviously don't) - who determines who gets marketing and who doesn't? because i can only assume exactly 100% of the devs on steam would want volvo to promote their games - and then we're pretty much back to where we are now ... so if not everyone gets free marketing - then who does? who determines which games are "worthy" of being promoted? because - in that situation, no matter which games volvo decides to promote - there's gonna be a WHOLE LOT of very unhappy devs whose game(s) didn't get promoted ... and they wouldn't only be the asset flips either ... there's enough of actually good games on steam to make promoting all of them practically impossible, otherwise the huge-ass banner (the one volvo uses to promote games, like they did with Astroneer 1.0 a few days ago, not the slider below it) would have to rotate through at least 4 or 5 games EACH DAY, which would ultimately make it pointless as it would have the same effect as the "most popular" list further down the main store page​

Yet, I don't see this kind of talk about Humble, Indiegala, Gamersgate. What kind of marketing did they run for their games? Are they gonna skip selling their games through those stores because few people bought them and the stores didn't do marketing for them?
funnily enough - when you mentioned other stores, i actually checked which stores in particular their games were available in ... and wouldn't you know it - only Dangerous Golf seems to be available in a few stores (probably mainly thanks to Team17, who are the publisher for that game) ... Danger Zone is only available on steam and humble ... and Danger Zone 2 is only on steam, nowhere else (so either they didn't bother making it available even on humble ... or humble didn't want the keys from them) ... so it sure looks like they never really even bothered trying to sell it outside of steam, which is, like ... WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELVES?!​

This kind of... idiocy? is infuriating in a way. I'm not gonna chastise developers for trying to chase an opportunity. They need to earn a living like anyone else. I'm gonna chastise them for coating their reasons in a bunch of well sounding bullshit.
also agreed​

Rome wasn't built in a day is such a stupid thing to attach to that message. The EGS has been around as long as Fortine has been around. It has been around before Fortnite was around. Supposedly this game store has been in the works for years. Saying *Rome wasn't built in a day* when taking this in mind, and taking in mind the multi-billion dollar company behind it, makes it look farcical and laughable.
Rome wasn't built in a day, it took centuries for it to be as big and as great as it became. Does the general customer have to give a few centuries to EGS too before they can dismiss it as a turd of a store and a client?
yeah, i can never take this particular argument seriously .... i mean, yeah, obviously no one is expecting them to have 100% feature parity with steam on day one ... but come on, they could AT LEAST have feature parity with literally any other launcher out there ... and they don't ... not even fucking gog galaxy which is like the most barebones launcher out there and yet still VASTLY superior to egs in every possible way​

In the end, it's their business. If they have gotten a good deal to only release on the EGS, good for them. Hopefully it works out and they find success.
I'm just tired of the bullshit to try and paint these decisions in a good light.
yeah, exactly .... don't try to paint it as something it's not ... people aren't stupid - they can quickly figure out if you're just trying to dress your purely financial decision as something else​

I'm also surprised because for some reason I own Dangerous Golf. It must have been a bundle.
it was ... Humble UE Bundle​

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
So much this. While I don't intend to support their decision, I can't really blame them too much because I'm not sure I would refuse this kind of deal if I was in the same position, but the justifications are really eating any good will I have left. Just say something like "Look, it was an deal to good to pass up and hope you will understand. We know the Epic Store is lacking some necessary features right now but we have every expectation that they will be implemented shortly".

This passive aggressiveness blaming Valve and their customers is getting really old and shortsighted. Whatever the current strategy works or not the deals will stop coming - either they are not needed anymore or they will try a different approach. And with more games on the store your game will get zero visibility and that's if you get in.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018

Not that scores are everything, but Three Fields Entertainment makes what are literally 60-70ish scored games. They're fine, they're interesting as tech concepts (and maybe a little bit more), but I'm not convinced that the Steam userbase is somehow not flocking to their game because they just missed out on this gem that's sitting in front of them and that it's their fault

Many were excited for and played Dangerous Golf and ended up mildly disappointed. Then Zone came out and was meh to people again, and I don't think it's shocking that by game three of "meh" with Zone 2 that people didn't really care anymore.

I don't blame them for taking the deal, but I also don't think blaming the Steam userbase after making three mediocre games makes a whole lot of sense.

Reactions: lashman and oipic

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I just saw it in the new releases thread, the Dynasty Warrios 9 season pass is 50€???? And there are 2 others??
I took a look at the full DLC list, and....

:wd_scroll:

:wd_shaking:

That's more than I spent on gaming the last 2 years combined. Koei pls.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
It's always the money, but no one admits it.
I guess so. I realize that it's easy for me to say, since I don't depend on game sales to feed my family and pay my loans. So I do understand why the devs are accepting Epic's exclusivity deal. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I hate exclusivity deals and I hate how Epic is using them to force people into using their store. Because of this, I won't buy any games involved in these exclusivity deals.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
This kind of posts is such nonsense. They could have released their game on EVERY store on pc to get more exposure for their games. Just cut the crap and admit they took Epic's bribe...
I'm with Lain here. In this case it looks like it's an actual struggling indie dev that made a deal with Epic, and I can't be mad at that. Taking guaranteed money if you're not sure your game can pay your bills is understandable over releasing the game on various storefronts with no guaranteed money and hoping for the best.
I'm not going to support any games like this, but I can understand it.
But they should just come out and say it like that instead of this weird passive-aggressiveness towards Steam and Steam users and trying to make excuses for Epic's bare bones launcher - or god forbid, trying to sell it is a positive for customers like other devs did.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
At what point does "Steam is overcrowded" simply become "We didn't do enough to make our game stand out?"

I don't wanna be a jerk here, but plenty of indie games do stand out and go on to sell millions on Steam just fine. (Undertale? Stardew Valley? Hollow Knight?)

Maybe your game just wasn't good enough to stand out from the crowd? :unsure: It just seems weird to me that devs put things on the Store and go "huh, why isn't anyone showing up?" People need to WANT YOUR THING, that's why.
You are talking about a very interesting aspect in this discussion of visibility, despite the hard work behind a game it may not be so good after all, I understand devs defending their work but sometimes the expectations or the view about their own game are completely inflated. Good games fly under the radar, it happens with films, books,etc. However, the number of devs that think their game is a masterpiece is too high imo.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I'm with Lain here. In this case it looks like it's an actual struggling indie dev that made a deal with Epic, and I can't be mad at that. Taking guaranteed money if you're not sure your game can pay your bills is understandable over releasing the game on various storefronts with no guaranteed money and hoping for the best.
But they should just come out and say it like that instead of this weird passive-aggressiveness towards Steam and Steam users and trying to make excuses for Epic's bare bones launcher - or god forbid, trying to sell it is a positive for customers like other devs did.
If they have made three games that didn't sell well, then they are clearly doing something wrong. Don't blame Steam for the lack of visibility. It's not Steam job to promote your games.
Epic's money isn't going to help them anything but to survive a bit more. After that money has been used and they are not earning money from the sales their studio will surely die and they need to find a new career

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
This is exactly my opinion as well. And while I understand their decision, I can't and won't support it.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
If you made 4 games, all launching to bad reviews and they aren't selling, the issue isn't with the platform, the marketing nor with the customers, it's with your products.

Since they seem to be actually struggling (unlike the others), i can't blame them for taking a deal, but taking that deal is just going to delay the inevitable for them, because they aren't going to be able to make deals forever. Making such a deal is a short-term bandaid for a long-term problem, they need to figure out how to make better games or they're going to be in this exact same situation in a year or two.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
If you made 4 games, all launching to bad reviews and they aren't selling, the issue isn't with the platform, the marketing nor with the customers, it's with your products.

Since they seem to be actually struggling (unlike the others), i can't blame them for taking a deal, but taking that deal is just going to delay the inevitable for them, because they aren't going to be able to make deals forever. Making such a deal is a short-term bandaid for a long-term problem, they need to figure out how to make better games or they're going to be in this exact same situation in a year or two.
yeah, pretty much .... i would maybe be a bit more sympathetic if they really tried everything to make their games sell on PC (or consoles, 'cause i can't imagine those games sold well on consoles either) ....​
but, like i mentioned earlier, they really haven't ... only Golf was in a few stores (and that's only probably because Team17 published that one) ... the first Danger Zone was only on Humble outside of steam ... and the second game is only available on steam, nowhere else ... also - none of those games (excluding Golf, since that one wasn't self-published) were in any bundles, which naturally probably wouldn't bring them tonnes of cash, but i seriously can't imagine they would've got less than they already are on steam with their current sales numbers, not to mention some people getting to know about their games AT ALL through those bundles (i'm generously assuming not everyone buying those bundles is a collector like most of us in here :p)​
so, while i can naturally understand they really ARE struggling (because they most definitely are, i don't think anyone in here is doubting that) - don't then go and try to blame your current situation on the players ... "If as many people bought our games on Steam as have taken to the Internet to complain that Dangerous Driving isn't coming to Steam maybe we would be in a very different place right now!!" - like, come on ... this is not how you talk to people you want to sell your new game to (unless they're just assuming no one complaining would buy it on egs anyway)​
and yeah, Ge0force, Deques, Ascheroth, Echoes and Sampson are also right, i definitely agree​
and again - i understand WHY they did it ... but i don't like HOW they did it, that's all​

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Hypothetically one thing the creators of Dangerous Golf should've done is instead of making separate releases, instead have them all be part of a launcher to launch the games+offer customization and creation options so players can create their own stages and layouts and share them.
My 2 cents :X

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Hypothetically one thing the creators of Dangerous Golf should've done is instead of making separate releases, instead have them all be part of a launcher to launch the games+offer customization and creation options so players can create their own stages and layouts and share them.
My 2 cents :X
omg, yes ... i completely forgot to mention that! people have been asking them for workshop support (or just general modding support) pretty much since the first Danger Zone launched! so you can definitely see people were actually willing to help them out ... but they never added that, which is a damn shame :(

I think 'dev has to shit on Steam at least once a week' might be of EGS TOS requirements.
i know you're just joking, lol ... but honestly it's probably the fact that some devs are just annoyed with their games not selling on steam "just like that" ... even if it's their own fault

that, and probably also the fact that volvo suuuuuuuuuuuucks at communication, even with devs who are selling their stuff on steam

---

and in other news: PSA - Welcome to MetaCouncil!
👀👀👀

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
I dont believe that people can survive for 5 years on "barely any salary" unless my meaning of that is different to his.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I dont believe that people can survive for 5 years on "barely any salary" unless my meaning of that is different to his.
i think they meant they have just enough to pay the bills and salaries but not much beyond that ... it's a studio of like 3-5 people afaik

Reactions: Stevey

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
i know you're just joking, lol ... but honestly it's probably the fact that some devs are just annoyed with their games not selling on steam "just like that" ... even if it's their own fault

that, and probably also the fact that volvo suuuuuuuuuuuucks at communication, even with devs who are selling their stuff on steam
But I'm not, Epic has shown time and time again that they are not above using underhanded tactics, and I'm sure a lot of devs wouldn't need much incentivizing to shit on Valve.
Considering how weak Valve's response has been so far, business-wise, it's not like the devs are in much peril.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
So I used dgvoodoo on Monkey Island 4 and now it looks nice. There are a few stuff that could be better looking, namely the font of the text. Sadly any Filtering options I use cause the graphics to look like it is spliced into squares. Anyone know a fix for this? Here the screenshots I took for now

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
But I'm not, Epic has shown time and time again that they are not above using underhanded tactics, and I'm sure a lot of devs wouldn't need much incentivizing to shit on Valve.
Considering how weak Valve's response has been so far, business-wise, it's not like the devs are in much peril.
oh, i'm sure Tim and Sergey would LOVE to put something like that in the contract .... but it wouldn't exactly be legal, i don't think :p

but, i'm 90% sure they DID put something about not mentioning steam in any press releases or something to that effect ...

So I used dgvoodoo on Monkey Island 4 and now it looks nice. There are a few stuff that could be better looking, namely the font of the text. Sadly any Filtering options I use cause the graphics to look like it is spliced into squares. Anyone know a fix for this? Here the screenshots I took for now
ooooooh, that looks great!

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
oh, i'm sure Tim and Sergey would LOVE to put something like that in the contract .... but it wouldn't exactly be legal, i don't think :p

but, i'm 90% sure they DID put something about not mentioning steam in any press releases or something to that effect ...

ooooooh, that looks great!
Only the models look nice and clean but the background looks pretty pixelated or such. This is something using ESRGAN on would really be neat but I am too lazy to do it ToT

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Only the models look nice and clean but the background looks pretty pixelated or such. This is something using ESRGAN on would really be neat but I am too lazy to do it ToT
Just inject a scanlines/CRT pixel shader (one from Sonic Mania got ported, looks to be the best of the bunch), should clean up the image nicely.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Just inject a scanlines/CRT pixel shader (one from Sonic Mania got ported, looks to be the best of the bunch), should clean up the image nicely.
Oh that's be cool, could you tell me how to do that please? The dgvoodoo option for scanlines omits my downscaling settings :X

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Oh that's be cool, could you tell me how to do that please? The dgvoodoo option for scanlines omits my downscaling settings :X
You can use Kaldaien's Special K to chain inject both DGVoodoo and ReShade at the same time.
(Might not work with all games, depending on rendering queue and bunch of other stuff. Still, worth the try)

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
You can use Kaldaien's Special K to chain inject both DGVoodoo and ReShade at the same time.
(Might not work with all games, depending on rendering queue and bunch of other stuff. Still, worth the try)
OK so I run Special K, link it to the game, dgvoodoo and reshade and using reshade I set it to run Scanlines in the game right? I'll test that soon thanks.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Yeah, use these filters with Reshade
Thanks. I am following a guide on Steam but it recommended installing an older version of dgVoodoo; can I replace the files in there with the one I am using with the game I am playing (I got dg ver. 2.6)

EDIT: Uh so do I gotta set up the reshade file with the text code or are there specific files I need to dl?

EDIT2: Got Special K set up but it doesn't load onto Monkey Island 4. I'm supposed to see its yellow text on the game but I get nada.

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
What's sadder is that I forgot about the thread >.<
it was made because some people were complaining there were too many birthday wishes in the steam thread .... but now that it's all been moved there - everyone is just ignoring it :cry:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
it was made because some people were complaining there were too many birthday wishes in the steam thread .... but now that it's all been moved there - everyone is just ignoring it :cry:
I believe it was me who was complaining, or did I suggest creating the thread? I don't remember. Maybe take back the congratulations to here?

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I believe it was me who was complaining, or did I suggest creating the thread? I don't remember. Maybe take back the congratulations to here?
i don't remember who it was ... and it's not a bad idea either ... it would just be nice if people weren't ignoring that thread :p lol

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018

To be "fair" to Epic (urg), I think this kind of clause is common for these contracts. Just remember the mess that was the Tomb Raider exclusivity where Square didn't answer the most simple questions about if it was timed exclusive or not.

So basically, "you can't talk about other release dates and platforms" and probably also "you can't talk about the money/guarantees we gave you". So all that's left is trashing the competitors and customers, which they don't seem to mind.

As for the birthday thread... at this point is probably best to do it here. I will probably ignore anyway because I'm old and cranky and birthdays remind me I'm only getting older and crankier.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
To be "fair" to Epic (urg), I think this kind of clause is common for these contracts. Just remember the mess that was the Tomb Raider exclusivity where Square didn't answer the most simple questions about if it was timed exclusive or not.

So basically, "you can't talk about other release dates and platforms" and probably also "you can't talk about the money/guarantees we gave you". So all that's left is trashing the competitors and customers, which they don't seem to mind.
meanwhile volvo let devs talk about sales numbers freely just a few months ago

but yeah - stuff like that is bullshit ... "you can't talk about this" ... why not? just let people do whatever they want, don't treat them like that ... i never could understand that

As for the birthday thread... at this point is probably best to do it here. I will probably ignore anyway because I'm old and cranky and birthdays remind me I'm only getting older and crankier.
well ok then ... i just hope no one will ever complain about it again :p haha

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
meanwhile volvo let devs talk about sales numbers freely just a few months ago

but yeah - stuff like that is bullshit ... "you can't talk about this" ... why not? just let people do whatever they want, don't treat them like that ... i never could understand that
I suppose the idea is to get more "value" out of the deal by avoiding remembering potential customers that it will launch on their proffered platform later. "Maybe if people don't know if/when is releasing on Steam (or other consoles) they will buy from us". Things did get a bit better on consoles after the Tomb Raider fiasco with more clearer messages (and people did seem to appreciate that), but I guess Epic is going old school.

well ok then ... i just hope no one will ever complain about it again :p haha
Ahmm... I'm not sure the expectation that people will *not* complain on the internet is a very realistic one.... :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.